Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

musical.x wrote: »
    Links people have to have their own opinion too. They didn't speak so rudely to you when you posted about not liking the ad.

I think you're confusing rudeness with frustration. To be fair, it's a bit rich for a cisgender person to tell a transgender person that the ad isn't offensive... Y'know, a bit like when blokes come into TLL and reassure us that we're all just overreacting to x/y/z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

New computer arrived yesterday.. Im in love.. ;)

Have a foster dog here for the night before she meets transport tomorrow. She is giving me serious puppy dog eyes. Settled right in like shes always been here..

422374_10150811025687715_837172714_12627506_1390690389_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

shinikins wrote: »
    It's possible your reading a tone that Links didn't intend, Musical.x?? I've never known Links to be intentionally rude to anyone!

me either that was why i was so shocked!
    obviously she is upset about it but i understand that Stench was only saying she wasn't offended. not as a catty remark but just adding her two cents to the conversation.

Cutie your dog is lovely! cutest eyes ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ha just heard my half sister is doing her best to convince Dad to get me to talk to her again....purely so she can get an invite to the wedding, NOT A CHANCE! Why would you want to go to a wedding where you hate the bride and know nobody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    That's a great way to look at it, Bubblefett. They're shockingly tiring - physically and emotionally, so keep loading up on the hot chocolate!

Thanks Foux, it's taken me a long time to look at them like that but so happy to be able to now :) Means I'm finally beating them!
    Have a foster dog here for the night before she meets transport tomorrow. She is giving me serious puppy dog eyes. Settled right in like shes always been here..

Awww so cute!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ha just heard my half sister is doing her best to convince Dad to get me to talk to her again....purely so she can get an invite to the wedding, NOT A CHANCE! Why would you want to go to a wedding where you hate the bride and know nobody?
    :eek: thats awful acoshla! at least you know what she's playing at :p
    when is your wedding?

:eek: thats awful acoshla! at least you know what she's playing at :p
    when is your wedding?

Yeah my mom said she thought Dad was angling for her to help him get us talking, I said it's very simple, she has to apologise for something that happened last year and then I'll talk to her again, mom said "hmm she wants more than that...", hadn't even occurred to me that she'd want to come, why like?? She would only know Dad, his brother, me and my mom. I don't think she gets that none of Dad's family will be there, she likes to cling to them.

It's not til late next year, she's starting her campaign early :p

Posy wrote: »
    There are always people who love 'oneupmanship' and always have to have the last word.
    "Well, in my job we get given three minutes to do nine 20 page reports, I have to work 67 hours overtime a week, and I have eleven children and nine foster children and my husband is unwell, the car needs a service, the hot water's broken and we think the nanny is stealing our porcelain. I'M BUSIER AND MORE STRESSED THAN YOU!!!"

yeah well i have 30 children and i work 200 hours a week and my arms fell off :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    Bit of grub might sort you out? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Feeling better-ish now. Had a couple of sausages and a potato. Thank feck the child was in good form. Mike is crippled today, he pulled something in his back so we're both useless!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw, you foster dogs!? How lovely. :)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah well i have 30 children and i work 200 hours a week and my arms fell off :mad:
    At least you had arms to begin with. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i love being home <3

i have a lot of work this weekend but i just cant wait to relax for a bit!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Would it be worth getting a 2nd opinion or are you happy enough with the diagnous?

I did that once years ago when I was in the doctor's for foot pain the turned out to be arthritis. Had not slept well for a few days and was in a lot of pain. The doctor just said hello to me and I turned into a sobbing mess. I knew her through work so she actually laughed at me, once she gave the painkillers I could laugh at it too.

I'm due a review as it's coming up to a year now and I cant get an appointment with my original neurologist until November so I'm going to someone else which I'm happy about, I think I'll benefit from a fresh pair of eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dolorous wrote: »
    I think you're confusing rudeness with frustration. To be fair, it's a bit rich for a cisgender person to tell a transgender person that the ad isn't offensive... Y'know, a bit like when blokes come into TLL and reassure us that we're all just overreacting to x/y/z.
    obviously she is upset about it but i understand that Stench was only saying she wasn't offended. not as a catty remark but just adding her two cents to the conversation.

Cutie your dog is lovely! cutest eyes ever :D

Yes exactly. I said I wasn't offended. I never said Links couldnt/shouldnt be offended.

The biscuit cakes looks good...but not really... I sort of took the mick and melted a small bit of white chocolate I had in the press and put it on the bottom. Looks ridiculas!

Fell into an amature ebay mistake- got caught in a last minute bidding war on ebay over a pair of boots. Going in saying I'd pay no more than €10, I ended up spending €30... but the important thing is I won :D
    Stupid competitive nature :P Still, look at the pretties...

1473506220m3_main.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

bubblefett wrote: »
    Still, look at the pretties...

they are NICE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

shinikins wrote: »
    It's possible your reading a tone that Links didn't intend, Musical.x?? I've never known Links to be intentionally rude to anyone!

What is there to be shocked about though? Links said "good for you", I say it all the time. And not in a catty way, but as encouragement, or affirmation. I realise a lot of people use it in a sarcastic manner to put others down, but have a look at Links posts, she's never been rude or bitchy, hence my suggestion that you misread what she wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

They are lovely bubble. Congrats.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    they are NICE!
    They are lovely bubble. Congrats.

:D I loves shoes, too many yet not enough at the same time!
    However they're the 3rd pair I've bought in the last week (and all online), I think I'm developing a problem :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

1200 words done. Taking a break before the next 800-1000 words :cool:

A quick summary of today's events would be mighty... :P

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yeah my mom said she thought Dad was angling for her to help him get us talking, I said it's very simple, she has to apologise for something that happened last year and then I'll talk to her again, mom said "hmm she wants more than that...", hadn't even occurred to me that she'd want to come, why like?? She would only know Dad, his brother, me and my mom. I don't think she gets that none of Dad's family will be there, she likes to cling to them.

It's not til late next year, she's starting her campaign early :p

Maybe she wants to be bridesmaid? :p
    Posy wrote: »
    There are always people who love 'oneupmanship' and always have to have the last word.
    "Well, in my job we get given three minutes to do nine 20 page reports, I have to work 67 hours overtime a week, and I have eleven children and nine foster children and my husband is unwell, the car needs a service, the hot water's broken and we think the nanny is stealing our porcelain. I'M BUSIER AND MORE STRESSED THAN YOU!!!"

Do yis not know that there is a special vagina rule?? :p If you push a watermelon sized object out of your hoo-haa, you get to say that stuff, post baldy baby pictures incessently on facebook, use the phrase "Well, speaking as a Moth-er..." in a lovely patronising voice to others, being condesending about how busy you are to everybody else, get to tear the skin off the ankles of passerbys with your bulldozer of a buggy and you get your "park-anywhere" lights, enabling you to park in loading bays, in front of peoples gates, on footpaths, on double yellow lines, corners and (my favourite) leaving the car in the middle of the road causing a tailback while you try to outdo another mother with tales of what a genius your kid is...

If I ever become a baby bore, please TLL, track me down and kick my ass for me, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

sorry guys, perhaps the tone of my post did come across overly negative, I wasn't in a good mood at all yesterday and probably did sound quite snappy, when I wanted to say 'that's fine, but it effect me like this' you know?

also, nice boots bubblefett!

3rd pair? pics of the the other 2? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Put out my back last week and I am still in agony!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Argggghhhhh!!

Links234 wrote: »
    sorry guys, perhaps the tone of my post did come across overly negative, I wasn't in a good mood at all yesterday and probably did sound quite snappy, when I wanted to say 'that's fine, but it effect me like this' you know?

also, nice boots bubblefett!

3rd pair? pics of the the other 2? ;)

But of course :D
    1110006220_exlg.jpg
    Can't locate the pic of my others ones but they're white wedged sandles, can't wait to break them out for the summer

akamossy wrote: »
    Put out my back last week and I am still in agony!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Argggghhhhh!!

Oh god ya poor thing! The OH has an old rugby injury and is forever putting his back out. I'm told there's no pain like it- hope it gets better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

cooooool! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Happy birthday Acoshla! Hope you've had a lovely day! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is cool, stare at the coloured dots for about 30secs, then look at a white wall....

unseen-19.jpg?w=500&h=711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Drinking alone and listening to the appropriately titled "fml" playlist I have in my iTunes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is it just me, or has this thread gotten quiet lately? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

209 pages in 2 weeks? yup, tumbleweed in here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Friend of my mothers came to here today and started to explain how none of the kids eat there dinners yesterday. But there little 5yr old was hiding the food under the chair as she didn't want it.

The father drag the young one to the bed room and started to smack her very hard even got out the wooden spoon. Not sure what you can do there. But is abuse. They do the same with one of the other kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

ha krudler that's so weird! Cept my eyes water like crazy before I can get to 30 so I can't get the full effect :p

Ok guys, I'm nominated for a Cake Designer of the Year Award :eek: Any of you lovely boardies who are fans of my page will ye vote please? :o I know you're not supposed to advertise yourself on boards but *technically* I'm not actually advertising my business, just asking people who already know it to help :)

Might have indulged in a little sneaky wedding dress snooping tonight. (and found the exact style dress I want, and even more importantly, shoes :o)
    I know we said we'd hold off on everything til we can afford it/i'm over my anxiety but I still love looking up wedding stuff. I like to think of it as research- so I'm really really prepared when we do go ahead with the plans :pac:

bubblefett wrote: »
    Might have indulged in a little sneaky wedding dress snooping tonight. (and found the exact style dress I want, and even more importantly, shoes :o)
    I know we said we'd hold off on everything til we can afford it/i'm over my anxiety but I still love looking up wedding stuff. I like to think of it as research- so I'm really really prepared when we do go ahead with the plans :pac:

weddinggawker.com!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

*SHOUTS*

"LALALALALALALA!!!!"

Ok guys, I'm nominated for a Cake Designer of the Year Award :eek: Any of you lovely boardies who are fans of my page will ye vote please? :o I know you're not supposed to advertise yourself on boards but *technically* I'm not actually advertising my business, just asking people who already know it to help :)
    Congrats and good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Gah, Krudler. I can't stop seeing her face now because my screen is mostly white.

Acoshla: I voted for you. It took a while scrolling to get to you. Going to reward myself with a bun.

Some guy tried to insult me by saying that I "think too much". I was kind of happy. One man's insult is another compliment! Yay for thinking!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Done. When does my thank you cake arrive?

When I win? :p

Well done!!!!!!! Consider it done :) you deserve it missus!!
    weddinggawker.com!
    This has made me very happy :)

Already done!

Verbal contact!!!! Now we all get cake :p

Wow I just quoted 3 of your posts in 2 minutes. I R stalker.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Congrats Acoshla, voted for you and shared on my FB page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Krudler I did the pic, but I must be broke as nothing happened :)

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Krudler I did the pic, but I must be broke as nothing happened :)

Did you do it right? :p ie stare at the red dot for 30 seconds and then look at a white wall/ceiling and blink fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Done Acoshla! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

My wee house is getting a lick of paint tomorrow from the landlord and he's also fixing my back door for me! Yay!
    My doggy Rusty is going to have to go stay with mum for the day, mainly so she doesn't get covered in paint!

This living apart from my boyfriend is really getting me down. It'll be easter before I see him and it's honestly killing me with the thought that it will be that long! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Did you do it right? :p ie stare at the red dot for 30 seconds and then look at a white wall/ceiling and blink fast?

Ahhhh I didn't do the blinking bit.

Nope still nothing. Heehee it was fun tho.

I'm awfully relaxed, and considering the last few days a few crappy things happened, that's pretty good going.

Night all.:) xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

krudler wrote: »
    Shaved like bald or just buzzcut way short, i wish i had shaved mine off years ago its so handy, no more just woke up hair or effort doing aomething to it on nights out etc

It's not bald but quite short. Me like though, he looks sexy. ;)

akamossy - 13 weeks! :eek: Good Lord, I don't think I could survive that - fair play to you! The other loungers will tell you I was whinging when I didn't see mine for three. :o

Hope you feel better soon Julybreeze. :)

Cutie that dog is just too cute!!! :D

Nice boots bubblefett! :)

Happy birthday Acoshla! Hope you've had a good day! :D

Just noticed on Facebook one of the girls I know from school said her dog was run over. Poor thing. The really horrible part is that the pr**k that did it just kept driving. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

63 thank you cakes so far...you'll have a busy day ahead of you when you win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Links234 wrote: »

Links, I think that there was nothing wrong with anything you said at all.

You were hurt over both the ad and the fact that so many people were standing up for it, saying it was ok.

While probably not meant to offend, a response along the lines of "meh, I thought it was fine" is going to echo the problem of people standing up for it or just dismissing the issue. And an echo when you're trying to deal with the problem to begin with is .... definitely unhelpful.

The defence of "it's just a joke" or "don't take things so seriously" is the next big hurdle in the fight for equality imo. As long as being gay or trans is the sole punchline in the joke, the equality that a lot of people desperately need can never exist. So yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it has to be said that actually some opinions are damaging and unhelpful and backwards.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually have a lot more to say on that particular social issue. But I'm really tired and am pretty sure I'll make some mistake to be taken up incorrectly if I try and type out what's in my head so I'll leave it for later. :/