Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pokemon General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Are you saying the TV show isn't worth watching? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

they're like an extra long tv show :P ..
    Worth watching if you don't find it irritating. It being for kids and all s:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just discovered the "Whitehand" tale on youtube. I reckon I'll dig into that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

they're like an extra long tv show :P ..
    Worth watching if you don't find it irritating. It being for kids and all s:

The only thing I find irritating is Ash being a fcuking retard most of the time. How does he manage to dress himself, let alone keep himself alive? :pac: Also annoyed at how Pikachu can defeat rock Pokemon (like Golem in the 8th gym) with electric attacks. At least Brock's Onix got wet and Team Rocket's Rhydon got hit in the horn. Golem is just destroyed. :mad:

Watched the first movie yesterday and realised that Ash still only has five in his party. He never replaced Butterfree despite releasing it ages ago. He has Krabby and Tauros in the PC but ignores them. Bulabasuar stopped himself evolving, but Squirtle hasnt. Does that mean he is still less than level 16? How does he have eight badges? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The thing with Squirtle and not evolving is levels were never really included in the anime. I mean Ash's Charmander evolved twice in the space of 4 or so episodes, and it only evolved into Charizard so it could fly after an Aerodactyl. Sometimes it just won't make sense for the sake of advancing the story :P

The ground/electric thing did always annoy me though, but since around the Diamond and Pearl series in the anime, it's worked properly I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Angron wrote: »
    Are you saying the TV show isn't worth watching? D:

Team rocket annoy me. They have wasted years trying to catch pikachu and hes not really that special. With all team rockets disposal behind them, how can they still not outsmart a 10 year old. Dont get me started on that stupid intro each time they show up.

wobbles wrote: »
    Team rocket annoy me. They have wasted years trying to catch pikachu and hes not really that special. With all team rockets disposal behind them, how can they still not outsmart a 10 year old. Dont get me started on that stupid intro each time they show up.

They brought Togepi to Giovanni in one of the episodes I recently watched and he wasnt impressed. He wanted Pikachu because of it's strength, or else something super rare like Mewtwo. Pikachu would be easier.

I love the motto :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The only thing I find irritating is Ash being a fcuking retard most of the time. How does he manage to dress himself, let alone keep himself alive? :pac: Also annoyed at how Pikachu can defeat rock Pokemon (like Golem in the 8th gym) with electric attacks. At least Brock's Onix got wet and Team Rocket's Rhydon got hit in the horn. Golem is just destroyed. :mad:

Watched the first movie yesterday and realised that Ash still only has five in his party. He never replaced Butterfree despite releasing it ages ago. He has Krabby and Tauros in the PC but ignores them. Bulabasuar stopped himself evolving, but Squirtle hasnt. Does that mean he is still less than level 16? How does he have eight badges? :pac:

Ash..my god..yeah..he doesn't seem to know anything! U_U. how does he ever win any battles?

As for the rock thing, I just thought his pikachu was special....it also explains why team rocket is always after him!.
    (ming the newest series, rocket goes other pokes as well/& makes makes plans for others & seems less interested in pikachu.)

It bugs me when pikachu seems so strong and other times so weak! ugh ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I started watching pokemon again, I never watched anything past season 4 though.

Going through Season 1, there's so many episodes where nothing happens! Lost in a forest --> Team Rocket build a robot to capture Pikachu --> Battle --> Team Rocket blast off again --> Rinse and repeat

Coming up to Orange Islands...I hate Tracey :mad:

Charmeleon evolving into Charizard though, all time favourite moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Would love if someone took the time to edit out all the useless parts, and just have important bits to continue some kind of story and all the battles from each season. Might only be an hour long but what an hour....

• Advertisement

Trying a Ralts solorun in Emerald and I think I'm fcuked at only the second trainer (first being May). He has a Poochyena. My Ralts only knows Growl and Confusion. Confusion doesnt affect Poochyena. Having checked Ralts move set, he only learns Psychic attacks! I've spent all my money on Potions and only have 1 left so wont be able to Struggle like I did to level six to learn Confusion. Level 2 Wurmple only gives 15 EXP so it'll take forever to get to a high enough level to be able to survive long enough to Struggle. Dont know how long I'll be able to stick it before starting with someone else.

Never actually done a solo run of a game before, I might try one with a Charizard.

Angron wrote: »
    Never actually done a solo run of a game before, I might try one with a Charizard.

They are great once you get started. Can be a pain for the first bit depending on who you choose. I've done Charmander twice. Once in Red and again in Fire Red. Brock is tough unless you're already Charmeleon. Each time I finished with him over level 85. Just did a Cyndaquil run on Crystal and was about the same level by the end.

Went with Ralts this time because he only starts with Growl. Wanted a challenge. Once I got past the first part I flew along. Five badges now. Think I'll do a Nuzlocke run next time.

Yeah, Brock would be easy enough once you learn Metal claw in FR/LG. I might do a Nuzlocke of Diamond, Platinum, or Pearl soon enough, or maybe even Black or White. How'd you manage to get past the Poocheyna? :P

Struggle :pac:

Ran away from any wilds but then met another one in that cave where the Wingull is stolen. Had to struggle for that too! Have a level 44 Gardevoir now with Psychic, Confusion, Thief and Shock Wave so she is able to kick ass now. Purposely went back to murder a load of Poocheyna once I learned Thief :pac:

Ah, sweet sweet revenge :P

Do a caterpie run..and don't evolve caterpie ..now that's a challenge :P
    Think I'll do a Nuzlocke run next time.

Nuzlocke is good fun.

Pllanning to do one in SoulSilver soon.

Starting a Nuzlocke of Diamond now, starting with a Turtwig.

Caterpie is fcuked against Ghost types. Literally no hope.

Considered a Magikarp one but didnt fancy having to struggle all the way to level 15 :pac:

Did two Nuzlocke attempts. One fully randomised, one normal. The randomised I hardly made it to Veridian Forest before my Electric/Fire Rhydon died. Hadnt trained anyone else up yet so the rest quickly followed. The normal one made it to Brock's Onix (Picked Charmander) before getting destroyed.

I'll be back to my Ralts solo run in Emerald and my Living Pokedex Challenge in Platinum tomorrow.

Caterpie is fcuked against Ghost types. Literally no hope.

Considered a Magikarp one but didnt fancy having to struggle all the way to level 15 :pac:

Did two Nuzlocke attempts. One fully randomised, one normal. The randomised I hardly made it to Veridian Forest before my Electric/Fire Rhydon died. Hadnt trained anyone else up yet so the rest quickly followed. The normal one made it to Brock's Onix (Picked Charmander) before getting destroyed.

I'll be back to my Ralts solo run in Emerald and my Living Pokedex Challenge in Platinum tomorrow.

God yeah magikarp struggle ...is a struggle!

Randomized nuzlocke?? take it thats on a rom with some kind of settings? o0
    __
    Nuzlocke is good, but you have to be a careful..that's what I like about it. Also, the pokemon seem to be, like, "alive" when you go through one.

• Advertisement

God yeah magikarp struggle ...is a struggle!

Randomized nuzlocke?? take it thats on a rom with some kind of settings? o0
    __
    Nuzlocke is good, but you have to be a careful..that's what I like about it. Also, the pokemon seem to be, like, "alive" when you go through one.

Google Universal Pokemon Randomiser (or something like that, cant remember the wording :pac:). You load whatever ROM you want, pick the settings and it makes a new one with those settings. I used it for Ralts by just changing the starters but you can change damn near anything you want.

I'll be trying Nuzlocke again for sure. Cant leave it at 0-2.

Nearly lost the Nuzlocke on the first route >_> Took a crit from a Bidoof, got knocked down to 1 HP.

Where the hell is this Sky Pillar? Wandered around aimlessly for about half an hour with no luck. Googled and it isnt where it's supposed to be. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Where the hell is this Sky Pillar? Wandered around aimlessly for about half an hour with no luck. Googled and it isnt where it's supposed to be. :(

Which Gen-3 game you playing, and have you beaten the Elite Four?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Which Gen-3 game you playing, and have you beaten the Elite Four?

Emerald. Got it eventually, dont know how I missed it. Went past it at least five times :o

Ralts solorun now done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Emerald. Got it eventually, dont know how I missed it. Went past it at least five times :o

Ralts solorun now done :D

I find it's easily done in Hoenn, with the frequency of the sea routes in the latter-half. I've probably finished R/S/E 20+ times, but I still find myself bumping off random rocks going 'I could've sworn it was here'.

Randomised Nuzlocke kicked my ass again. Brock's Wingull destroyed my Hariyama with ease. 0-3 now for Nuzlocke.

I've been chugging on with my run, lost a kricketune, geodude, Shelly the Shellos, and a Buneary that didn't last very long :pac: I've managed to catch most of the first pokemon I've come across in an area, the one exception was a Machop in Mt Coronet, my Staravia critted him :( Had a few close calls, and my Abra's teleport saved me a few times too with poison damage.

Finally gotten a Nuzlocke off the ground :D

Just beat Misty and havent lost a single Pokemon yet.

Charmeleon lv 20
    Raticate lv 22 (Hyper Fang murdered Misty!)
    Beedrill lv 17
    Nidoqueen lv 20 (Evolved from Nidorina for Mega Kick)
    Gyarados lv 21 (Mt. Moon grinding of Magikarp)
    Geodude lv 21 (Got lucky to run into Geodude first in Mt. Moon)

Also have a Caterpie and a Pidgey that I got after Nugget Bridge. Was hoping for Bellsprout to help with Misty but wasnt so lucky. Turns out Raticate is a beast. Almost lost Magikarp at 19 when a Bellsprout had him in Wrap and I was out of Potions. Luckily, he was let go at 1 HP so I swapped out then and there.

• Advertisement

Honestly dont know why I'm doing this Solo Run:

BinvcOM.png

Advertisement