Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sand wrote: »
    Season 3 theories....

I get what you are saying about
    Mike and Lilly and a new protagonist that we know. But people are invested in Clem. You may have played as Lee in season 1, but she was the focus of the story. She can't not be in season 3 so they are going to have to write episode 1 with all 3 scenario's in mind and head towards a common ground for episode 2.

And speaking of Lilly, I fully expect to see her again. That dream/flashback sequence in the RV was a timely reminder to everyone that she is still out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I sided with Kenny most of the way through Season 1. I defended him most of the way through Season 2. Him vs Jane though, I shot Kenny. He wasn't trying to kill her out of self-defense, he was just trying to kill her. He'd gone too far. Was happy he kinda accepted his death (though I'm surprised we didn't see Clem or Jane shoot him in the head to prevent him turning). He knew it was the best thing and that he couldn't carry on. And even though Jane's a Grade-A c*nt for hiding the baby, I went with her. No matter how tough Clem is, no way she can survive on her own with the baby. Jane was wrong to do what she did, but she did it for the right reasons.

The season didn't reach the heights of Season 1, which is a shame. But it was still a good play with some great moments throughout. Be interesting to see what they do for Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I feel like the ending I choose was the "good" ending (Same as Penn got) yet it also feels like the weakest of all the endings.

I've watched all the endings and while I still couldn't choose the other options (
    Going with Kenny in particular... the man was lost. You just couldn't go with him as far as I'm concerned
    ) they all felt that bit more complete to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Kirby wrote: »
    I get what you are saying about
    Mike and Lilly and a new protagonist that we know. But people are invested in Clem. You may have played as Lee in season 1, but she was the focus of the story. She can't not be in season 3 so they are going to have to write episode 1 with all 3 scenario's in mind and head towards a common ground for episode 2.

And speaking of Lilly, I fully expect to see her again. That dream/flashback sequence in the RV was a timely reminder to everyone that she is still out there.

I don't know that people are that invested
    in Clem that she has to return as the protagonist. I think one of the crippling handicaps for Season Two was that protagonist changed from Lee ( a grown man) to Clem ( an 11 year old girl). I still remember cringing as Carver tried to bond with an 11 year old girl about the harsh burdens of leadership they shared...an 11 year old girl. Let alone grown men and women getting told what to do by an 11 year old girl. It just wasn't credible.

I think the "multiple starts in Season 3, single ending for Episode 1" is a possibility, but it would be very, very disappointing. Everyone I think is pleased that they could reach significantly different endings for Season 2. Dismissing all that and say "Actually, nope - didn't matter what you chose" will reduce the impact of the decisions to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Penn wrote: »
    I sided with Kenny most of the way through Season 1. I defended him most of the way through Season 2. Him vs Jane though, I shot Kenny. He wasn't trying to kill her out of self-defense, he was just trying to kill her. He'd gone too far. Was happy he kinda accepted his death (though I'm surprised we didn't see Clem or Jane shoot him in the head to prevent him turning). He knew it was the best thing and that he couldn't carry on. And even though Jane's a Grade-A c*nt for hiding the baby, I went with her. No matter how tough Clem is, no way she can survive on her own with the baby. Jane was wrong to do what she did, but she did it for the right reasons.

The season didn't reach the heights of Season 1, which is a shame. But it was still a good play with some great moments throughout. Be interesting to see what they do for Season 3.
    Exactly the same reasons i shot Kenny. i was on his side for the the entire series pretty much, and i always liked him plus he was the only original left apart from Clem but realistically in that split second i decided that Clem has a better chance of survival with Jane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just finished Ep 5 and checked out the alternative choices as well.
    Wow, I really got the saddest one (shoot Kenny, leave Jane for lying/intentionally causing a death to prove Kenny's a killer) which was pretty sad. Not end of S1 sad, but demoralising. I generally kept siding with Kenny throughout but the story is written as even you aren't on his side. I am still annoyed that I didn't get to give out to Luke for sleeping on the job last episode that got Sarah killed. Happened a few times that my choices didn't reflect in the responses e.g. telling Kenny not to listen to them, and immediately Mike says please talk sense to him (I just said I'm not on your side!).

I chose to shoot zombies on the ice instead of walking to Luke (as the best chance for success) but even though he dies either way, Bonnie chastises you over not helping, despite gunning down 4 zombies closing in on him, and her stupid ass walking over and breaking the ice! Absolutely shocked Bonnie & Mike chose to hightail it with the Ruski, even though I've always given Bonnie the cold shoulder if possible for conning us into a Carver ambush

Overall though I found it was pretty average by TWD standards - lots of talking, which is fine, but not the blowout or big deal I was hoping for. They broke up the talking with short bursts of zombie shooting. The final big scenes were very enjoyable but on the whole it was still quite good (it's always good), but not as good as S1 sadly. With drastically different endings, it feels like the end of the road for Clem's story. And that's totally fine, ready for something new in S3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got damn Telltale, ep 5 pissed all over the previous 4.
    I went to help luke as I fgured Clem was light enough.

I shouted for help as soon as I could when Mike and Bonnie tried to leave with Arvo, f*ck them trying to snake off without telling Clem.

I couldn't get why they were being nice to Arvo, he got us into that $hit in the 1st place!

I knew the baby was alive when Jane said I will see the real Kenny now and she was testing him. In the end let Kenny kill her. I really liked Jane but she bolted once before and she really only came back for another ride but tryin to push a broken man over the edge just to prove a point to a little girl was way crazier than Kenny at that point. Glad I did as well, Kenny only wanted to protect Clem and AJ, much more than Jane.

When Wellington turned Kenny away, I gave em the virtual finger. Seeing Kenny beg for them to take us and leave him out to die with no supplies, I knew I made the right choice and 3 of us rode off into the sunset
    So glad I didn't kill Kenny. Biggest minorty decision I have made in the series - 13.5% sided with Kenny

Bravo Telltale, Bravo

Strange there was no platinum trophy. Maybe Sony figured it was too easy to get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone else let sarah die?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

anyone else let sarah die?
    At the start of S2E4? Only on second run through. Wow, they really emotionally put you through the ringer. She snaps out of her state as soon as it's too late. Later in the episode you still just blame Jane for it. (Although it was Luke's fault for not doing his job!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya i found her annoying anyway so i let get eaten :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I did the same. Saved her the first time and the second time i just had enough of her and left her there. :pac:

Really liked the
    Lee throwback
    . I think DLC linking season 2 - 3 is a certainity
    to bring all the different endings together for a similar start on season 3.

I really really hope the TV show leaves this series well alone, they will never EVER be able to live up to the Clem and Lee characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Anyone have any idea how much this is on XBL? Do I need gold to download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Just finished episode 5 and I'm already tempted to replay it simply to see the other endings.
    I was one of the few people who left with Jane, I really liked Kenny as a character but he seemed to dangerous to continue along with.

Also, Fuck Arvo :rolleyes:

Just finished episode 5 and I'm already tempted to replay it simply to see the other endings.
    I was one of the few people who left with Jane, I really liked Kenny as a character but he seemed to dangerous to continue along with.

When I did it last night, only me and 13.5% of people
    left with Kenny, Jane was definitely the majority vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Because of the variations, whichever choice you made is going to be a low percentage. Don't read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya.. afterall there are 5-6 endings. Mine was around 20% also and that was with
    Jane

Oh I thought that stat was just for either
    Kill Kenny or let him kill Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Well I did that accidentally...

When I got to the choices screen I was surprised so few went with
    Clem and AJ on their own
    . Seemed to me like I was fighting against the game
    trying to disillusion Clem/myself against people
    since the end of Season 1.

Got their way in the end, I suppose, as
    walking away with proto-Governor Kenny and baby abandoner Jane whose scheme was rather obvious
    were unacceptable options. Haven't seen the other endings:
    Does AJ get found if you leave with Kenny
    ?
    Clem/AJ were simply safer on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ridley wrote: »
    Well I did that accidentally...

When I got to the choices screen I was surprised so few went with..
    The percentages are kinda low for all the choices because it's split across 4/5 of them. Clem/AJ/Jane and the randomers is the standout one with Clem and AJ alone the next.

I loved that
    94% didn't ask Mike to let them tag along. I'd have buried the three of them there and then if it was an option
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Also, Fuck Arvo :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't see how anyone was on Arvo's side. I mean he brought those russians specifically to ambush you and he lies about you stealing from him (unless you really did steal from him, but most didn't).

He was a tool from the second you first met him... we all would've been much better off if Jane had simply shot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Necrominus wrote: »
    Thanks, still not showing it on the ps3 but got it from pc from your link. Downloading now!

Same here, it's still not up on the PS3 store and had to get it on my laptop. Sony are slacking big time.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Same here, it's still not up on the PS3 store and had to get it on my laptop. Sony are slacking big time.:mad:
    Someone posted a link to the online store a while back in this thread. I bought it and downloaded it through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It is up on ps3, went up the day it was scheduled.

You go to games > dlc > and you should see it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished it. Not as powerful as season one's ending but it was still a great finale.
    I shot Kenny in the end. Even though Jane played him, the guy had lost it. Still though "You're going to see Katjaa and Duck." Feels.

Arvo, four-eyed twat. I hope he dies.

Luke died :( I covered him. Bonnie the bitch giving me shít over it and then she steals from the group AND tells Mike to leave me die. Another one that I hope dies.

I thought Mike was a nice guy but he betrayed the group, at least he showed some concern when Clem was shot.

So in the end I'm back at the Supermarket with Jane and I decided to leave family in. Immediately regretted it after seeing the gun.

My decisions:

Me and 84.2% of people protected the baby.

Me and 50.7% of people did not try to help Luke.

Me and 94.1% of people didn't ask to leave with Mike.

Me and 69.7% of people shot Kenny.

Me and 36.8% of people of are with Jane and the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just finished it. Not as powerful as season one's ending but it was still a great finale.
    I shot Kenny in the end. Even though Jane played him, the guy had lost it. Still though "You're going to see Katjaa and Duck." Feels.

Arvo, four-eyed twat. I hope he dies.

Luke died :( I covered him. Bonnie the bitch giving me shít over it and then she steals from the group AND tells Mike to leave me die. Another one that I hope dies.

I thought Mike was a nice guy but he betrayed the group, at least he showed some concern when Clem was shot.

So in the end I'm back at the Supermarket with Jane and I decided to leave family in. Immediately regretted it after seeing the gun.

My decisions:

Me and 84.2% of people protected the baby.

Me and 50.7% of people did not try to help Luke.

Me and 94.1% of people didn't ask to leave with Mike.

Me and 69.7% of people shot Kenny.

Me and 36.8% of people of are with Jane and the family.

That was great.
    Loved every episode this season.
    The writing for this has been amazing regardless if you preferred the 1st season over the 2nd.
    Didn't see the option to grab the baby and went to Luke instead. Who would've got shot regardless.

I went to save Luke, he was a really good character, will definitely miss him. Better than a lot of Season One characters.

I really liked Mike up until him and Bonnie tried to leg it with Arvo. I hated Arvo right from the get go!
    Bonnie was a meh character, easily forgettable just like Mark from Season 1(who gets eaten by cannibal dairy farmers!).

Went with Jane in the end, and shot Kenny even though the baby was hidden plot.
    I preferred Jane over Kenny.
    Kenny always had these pipe dreams (I know Wellington existed) like the boat in Season 1. But he was so stubborn in his views.
    Jane seems like a survivor, and definitely cares for Clem, sure she grabbed her out of the lake and legged it back to the cabin to heat her up.

I have a feeling Season 3 will be a different story.
    Controlling a different character like Mike or Lilly from Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

sheehy83 wrote: »
    When I did it last night, only me and 13.5% of people
    left with Kenny, Jane was definitely the majority vote.

Don't know about that. My percentage was 10.4%, and I went with the latter. Although I did make a unpopular decision at the very end. And I don't regret it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭Sand

CiaranW wrote: »
    I have a feeling Season 3 will be a different story.
    Controlling a different character like Mike or Lilly from Season 1.

It could be
    Mike - I've seen a youtube video clip where Clem can shoot and kill Mike in the confrontation, before Avro shoots her. If its possible he can die, then he is ruled out as a fixed-ending character that Telltale can work from.

I don't recall that option coming up for me on PC (it was a PS3 playthough) and *apparently* that sequence was patched out so its no longer possible to shoot Mike. He is a character who can die if you mess up, but the game considers that to be non-canon and reloads until Mike lives. It is a strong pointer to them needing to ensure Mike always escapes for a Season 3 role. Or it could be something as simple as the writers not being comfortable with Clem shooting Mike in cold blood...who knows.

There is only a limited number of characters they can work with: Lilly or Molly from Season 1. Christa (who we never actually see die) or Mike from Season 2. Maybe Stephanie from 400 days, who again we never see die and who might escape in the chaos caused by Shel's departure.

Or hey, we could be playing Avro! He always escapes. Wouldnt that be a nice twist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sand wrote: »
    It could be
    Mike - I've seen a youtube video clip where Clem can shoot and kill Mike in the confrontation, before Avro shoots her. If its possible he can die, then he is ruled out as a fixed-ending character that Telltale can work from.

I don't recall that option coming up for me on PC (it was a PS3 playthough) and *apparently* that sequence was patched out so its no longer possible to shoot Mike. He is a character who can die if you mess up, but the game considers that to be non-canon and reloads until Mike lives. It is a strong pointer to them needing to ensure Mike always escapes for a Season 3 role. Or it could be something as simple as the writers not being comfortable with Clem shooting Mike in cold blood...who knows.

There is only a limited number of characters they can work with: Lilly or Molly from Season 1. Christa (who we never actually see die) or Mike from Season 2. Maybe Stephanie from 400 days, who again we never see die and who might escape in the chaos caused by Shel's departure.

Or hey, we could be playing Avro! He always escapes. Wouldnt that be a nice twist :)

Telltale would be losing a customer if
    they made me play as that Arvo prick.

• Advertisement

Is 400 days dlc not available on vita?

Advertisement