Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody see a dock or DAB radio in Nutgrove, Dundrum or Blanch?

All the Tesco's near me are absolute crap. Hope they get building that one in Carrickmines sometime soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Anybody see a dock or DAB radio in Nutgrove, Dundrum or Blanch?

All the Tesco's near me are absolute crap. Hope they get building that one in Carrickmines sometime soon!

Seen plenty of DAB radios in Navan, Tesco brand and only €9 euro, cant be any different surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    Technika Cube Clock Dock w/ DAB CR 211 SC Iphone or Ipod

$(KGrHqF,!qEFC)i4GWcDBQ5YUrS,rQ~~60_12.JPG

Picked up one of these in Arklow for €15

p.s. it's just the clock radio !
    [/URL]
    wexfjord wrote: »
    4001 and a guilty conscience. I trawled Tesco this evening and look what i found.

Damn pic won't post but for two euro you can buy 36 size 6 pampers baby dry. Should be in all stores cos its a white sticker on a beige shelf.

The clock radio is down to €10 . A few more appeared on the shelf in Arklow

The pampers were all scanning at normal prices in Arklow. Scanned a few various packs of size 5 and 6. Couldn't see a SEL for €2

The Kittensoft 18 toilet rolls are still down to €6 (in store) but they are not showing up online. Think the SEL said 21 Jun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

CH3OH wrote: »
    The clock radio is down to €10 . A few more appeared on the shelf in Arklow

The pampers were all scanning at normal prices in Arklow. Scanned a few various packs of size 5 and 6. Couldn't see a SEL for €2

The Kittensoft 18 toilet rolls are still down to €6 (in store) but they are not showing up online. Think the SEL said 21 Jun

Just got 3 packs of the nappies, it has to be the ones with the yellow banner across the top of the pack other wise there still about €9, picked mine up in nutgrove

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Just got 3 packs of the nappies, it has to be the ones with the yellow banner across the top of the pack other wise there still about €9, picked mine up in nutgrove

Apologies to wexfjord . They are showing up online for €2
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

This is the image on tesco.ie( it must be the wrong size 6+), but when I checked this pack today it was scanning at €12 ....
    I couldn't see any size 6 with similar packaging (yellow banner across the top)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Betty Crocker maple cookie mix, yellow SEL 78c in Wilton. They are with the other mixes down the back but weren't many left. I'm assuming it's nationwide if SEL?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Tesco Mahon Point have AA Energizer 4 pack rechargeable batteries retailing for €10.00 but scanning €5.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My gf picked me up the Sony dock in new Ross for €29. Didn't realise it had a bettery too :) double awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Nestle big variety 7 pack only 2.50 in maynooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Nestle big variety 7 pack only 2.50 in maynooth

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Can anyone post the barcode of the sony dock that scanned at €21? There about 5 different docks that all look the same.

The barcode on the one I got for €21 had the following info
    RDP-M15IP/BC
    P-25241860-A
    S01-3021429-7

The POINT OF SALE barcode 4 905524 738407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

gfb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

hotshots85 wrote: »

Any chance you could post the bar code number please!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nappies with the yellow bar across the top- the 6+ with 36 nappies- scanning at 12.49 in Maynooth :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Pampers size 6+ 36pack with the yellow 'large bag' band on the top €2 in Killarney.

Barcode: 4015400613824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

Logitech Mini Boombox bluetooth speaker in Tesco, Douglas. Scanned at €9.50. Marked at 40 something on the shelf.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/logitech-mini-boombox-white/254-2342.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=254-2342
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Mini-Wireless-Boombox-White/dp/B005TPEY5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371409854&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+mini+boombox

This model has been replaced by Logitech with a newer one with more features but, for a tenner, I'm not complaining.
    Boombox is a ridiculous name for it, but there's not a bad sound out of it considering the size. It's tiny - about 11cm wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Picked up a Technika tower speaker at TESCO Douglas today - is about 4 feet tall, with 10 watt output - says "stereo" - sound very good - great bass. Has dock on top for iPod/iPhone and. Some controls, plus a remote. Has built in FM radio ( not DAB) but no external antenna. Can take input via mini-jack or R/L phono socket. Has Video out socket so you can play video on TV off iPhone etc. Cost? €16!
    When i got home and realised how good the sound was, I went back for a couple more but all were gone apart from one being held behind the customer service desk for "someone". Mahon Point did not have any, and a manager there said she thought these units might be exclusive to TESCO Extras - said they have wider selection of electronics than other TESCO stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

Soarer wrote: »
    Any more?

That me you're asking?

I wasn't the one doing the purchacing but I'm told that there were "a few" left on the shelf.
    I'm afraid I sent a novice bargain hunter and he's still learning what details to watch out for ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry. Too lazy to edit your quote so left it out altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I did my shopping online Saturday and ordered some of the pampers nappies €2 .. Had a call from the store to say the item was out of stock ... So drove to the store only to find the item was indeed in stock but scanning at 12.59 , called the manager and he said there was a mistake on the pricing and it had been rectified , I logged into tesco whilst in the store with him and showed him that infant the nappies were still advertised as €2 ... He refused to sell them to me for this price ... I am not a happy person ...

Thewife wrote: »
    I did my shopping online Saturday and ordered some of the pampers nappies €2 .. Had a call from the store to say the item was out of stock ... So drove to the store only to find the item was indeed in stock but scanning at 12.59 , called the manager and he said there was a mistake on the pricing and it had been rectified , I logged into tesco whilst in the store with him and showed him that infant the nappies were still advertised as €2 ... He refused to sell them to me for this price ... I am not a happy person ...

Sorry for your troubles Thewife but what did you expect in fairness. Its quite obvious it was a price mistake.
    It would come out of each stores budget.
    It would also be irresponsible of a store manager to practically give stock away. Things are very tight with these budgets , especially now when profits seem to be down compared to this time last year.

They need to make a profit and not a loss .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would side with TheWife here, if the email said sorry it was a pricing error, you go fair enough. But to be told its out of stock when it clearly is not is a lie..............Though I would ring up the helpline and state that they are telling you fibs when shopping online and ask why should you use the service when they clearly can't work it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

TheDriver wrote: »
    I would side with TheWife here, if the email said sorry it was a pricing error, you go fair enough. But to be told its out of stock when it clearly is not is a lie..............Though I would ring up the helpline and state that they are telling you fibs when shopping online and ask why should you use the service when they clearly can't work it.....

The way I look at it is the €2 ones had sold out and the mistake rectified. It always happens with the pricing mistakes, they sell out immediately or else somebody tries to order it online and alerts the staff/management to it:rolleyes:

In all fairness with the mistakes you need to be a bit more savvy about it, ordering online is basically telling them there's a big time pricing error. What did you expect? They're not robots, it's actual people picking the goods and they could well be disciplined for not reporting a mistake like that.

TheDriver wrote: »

Yes that may be true but how do you know(or prove) it was in stock while the dotcom pickers were out.
    It may well have been out of stock when her shopping was being picked. Items like nappies need replenished a couple of times a day as they disappear fast.

Worth a try but I don't think one would get anywhere complaining to Tesco about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Well to be honest it was only when I spoke to the manager this was the first I knew that it was a pricing error .. It's stated on their website as that price there for you take it it's that price !! It's not against the grain that nappies can be sold for €2 .. Sometimes promotional packs are sold off if end of line , it was not that long ago I purchased Huggies for a similar price and this was not a error it was simply shifting old it promotional packs .. I did not order the nappies purposely knowing it was a error and then try and fight my corner .. I haven't time for that ... But I do not like being lied to .. And whilst in the store speaking with the manager the nappies were still €2 on the website ... Very annoyed with tesco at preset ... Rang customer service , they have me some story about how your order is picked at for example 6am and the item was not in stock and then the store received a delivery at 10 am and the item is not on special offer anymore ... Ridiculous .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Isn't this the whole 'invitation to treat' thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Thewife wrote: »
    Rang customer service , they have me some story about how your order is picked at for example 6am and the item was not in stock and then the store received a delivery at 10 am and the item is not on special offer anymore ... Ridiculous .

to be honest its not that ridiculous, i do my shop if im going to tesco around midday as its the only time you are guaranteed to get the stock you want, we used shop in the evening but they were constantly out of everything we buy.

we found out its their new policy to only order in next day what sold the day before, so its feasible at €2/box they sold out, ordered more in and rectified the mistake,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm not seeing the bargain alerts among all the whingeing over the past few posts.

Invitation to Treat...lots of case law...move on, nothing to see here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Surely its just a closeout sale since most kids are toilet trained at 2-3 and 5+ pampers are supposed do up to 27kg - the average weight of a 7-8 year old can't imagine there's much of a market for 6+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

paddyp wrote: »
    5+ pampers are supposed do up to 27kg?

Jaysus, for a second there I was thinking "how often do you change them is there's 27kg in there" :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

http://www.babynursery.ie/product_info.php?products_id=935

Lamaze Jungle gym. Tesco Tallaght, marked down to €24.99 from €49.99 but scanning at €7.50. Checkout girl actually said to the manager nearby about how good a deal it was and his face just said it all. He went over to where the items were on display as we were heading out. This was just this evening and there was about 6 in there at the time.

Lamaze Jungle gym. Tesco Tallaght, marked down to €24.99 from €49.99 but scanning at €7.50. Checkout girl actually said to the manager nearby about how good a deal it was and his face just said it all. He went over to where the items were on display as we were heading out. This was just this evening and there was about 6 in there at the time.

Yawns wrote: »

Don't use the checkout girls!

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't use the checkout girls!

I normally don't, had a full trolley tho. Plus I wasn't really expecting the girl to say anything as she was young.

Mummy sleeping bags are reduced to clear in Naas. 9 euro . from around 30. Loads of other camping gear with big reductions. Going quick .

The the Lamaze Jungle gym is a genuine reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Professional Go Cook Food Rings (x4) (probably about 60mm diameter). Normally 15 euro in there, scanning for 3.25. Was 4/5 left in Tesco Clonmel this morning. On the sports equipment aisle in the bargain section there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

arodabomb wrote: »
    Professional Go Cook Food Rings (x4) (probably about 60mm diameter). Normally 15 euro in there, scanning for 3.25. Was 4/5 left in Tesco Clonmel this morning. On the sports equipment aisle in the bargain section there.

This apparently is a food ring for the other confused people:
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

paddyp wrote: »
    This apparently is a food ring for the other confused people:
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Yep, it is indeed. Cheers for that. They're the little metal rings that chefs use to make pretty cylinders of food on your plate.

From tomorrow, Big Movie Night promo is back for €15. Included is Goodfella's pizza + 9 pack of Pepsi/Max, Club Orange, 7UpFree, or 6 bottles of beer :D - Bud/Light, Heineken, Carlsberg, Coors + icecream and a dvd. Dvd choice seems to be: Argo, The Dark Night Rises, The Bourne Legacy, Lawless, The Lucky One, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Campaign.

Would be grateful if someone could recommend one of the dvds to me (apart from The Dark Night). Thanks :)

• Advertisement

arodabomb wrote: »

In the clearance section in Portlaoise marked individually with yellow stickers for about the same price. About 3 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    From tomorrow, Big Movie Night promo is back for €15. Included is Goodfella's pizza + 9 pack of Pepsi/Max, Club Orange, 7UpFree, or 6 bottles of beer :D - Bud/Light, Heineken, Carlsberg, Coors + icecream and a dvd. Dvd choice seems to be: Argo, The Dark Night Rises, The Bourne Legacy, Lawless, The Lucky One, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Campaign.

Would be grateful if someone could recommend one of the dvds to me (apart from The Dark Night). Thanks :)

Goodfellas Pizza - 4 options
    Ice Cream - 6 pack HB ice Creams
    Beer - 6 pack 5 options
    or
    Soft Drinks - 9 pack 5 options
    DVD - 14 options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Yawns wrote: »

Scanning at 24.99 in greystones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

^ That's a great offer. Don't like pizza though :(

dulpit wrote: »
    ^ That's a great offer. Don't like pizza though :(

Nor me. I don't like ice-cream either. But oh my, how I like beer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mayo Gurl wrote: »

Argo ... very good movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

I see Koppaberg Naked Apple Cider (500ml bottle) is half price @ €1.25 starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Any idea how long?missed the last offer

shannon82 wrote: »
    Any idea how long?missed the last offer

If you mean the movie deal, it runs to July 2....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

God I love the Tesco No Quibble Price Guarantee, I was in the Clearwater branch an hour ago and spotted the iHome IW1 marked as €65. I knew this sounded like a bit of a bargain so I fired up the Amazon app on my phone and saw the cheapest it is available there is for £85, approx €100. So €65 was an absolute bargain and I've got it home and have the Airplay connected to my phone. Speaker sound is very good quality.

I am not sure if it is supposed to be €65 as it scanned at €313 which is daft in itself. But the shelf sticker did say €65 so it may be available in other branches for the same price. It is this model of the iHome series
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/iHome-AirPlay-Wireless-Speaker-Rechargeable/dp/B004XYPC3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371581773&sr=8-1&keywords=ihome+iw1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement