Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Really?

The phone was bought retail on anazon within the EU right? So it should not matter which country you got it from as it should be covered.

Have you spoke to LG or amazon about it?

I have got a few phones fixed after buying them over ebay and amazon as europe is europe.

Always use Nova on all my phones.
    If I have a dud the EU distance selling laws come into effect and I can return within 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'll be sure to stress it good by day 10 and if needed request a replacement.
    Not the first time I've had to do that under EU selling rules.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Patww79 wrote:

Yes the update patches stagefright but I also noticed a few other improvements. The last version I was running was 10B as I haven't updated as I unlocked the BL so can't take OTAs.

Anyway, touch response has certainly improved even though I never had the issues mentioned over in XDA. On previous FW versions the device did not register touches when you touched the screen with your fingernail, now it does. Scrolling on webpages etc is also much smoother for me.

These are just a couple of things I've noticed. As for battery mine seems the same, I can get a full day out of a charge which is all I need as I charge my devices every night anyway.

Good to see LG still pushing out bugfixs. I read somewhere they will be doing the monthly updates... We will see. But least the stage fright is patched... Not that it really posed a threat to Android 4 and up anyway.

I'm Still waiting for my G4 to arrive. Amazon says Saturday delivery to parcel motel so that means Monday possessing and a Tuesday delivery to my PM inbox. Can't wait!

Ok so I have the G4 two full days now and here is my findings..

LOVE IT! (so far)

OK so I will say that after I first turned it on and set up everything I was impressed with how well the phone was handing the LG heavy-ish skin.
    One thing that put me off right away was seeing micro stutter around the UI. I remember Samsung phones having that and I wasn't happy to see it on the G4. The good news is it went away (and hasn't come back) after I updated to 5.1 and updated the LG keyboard app too. sooo Happy days.

So many nice add ons to the UI like built in IR remote and Q slides but I wish I could hide them all like stock and have em only when I needed them.

no blote really (not inc LG apps)

Battery life is fantastic! loving going back to a 3000 whopper once again.

Speaker is frigging brilliant with 1W of nice sound that's not thin or distorted in any way.

4G worked out of the box and gets 4G in places the Oneplus never did.

Oh and one last thing: DAT Camera! wow thats a nice hardware/software combo. However, as the screen is over saturated to start with it doesn't help you get a true picture of how your pic will look on other hardware but at least it's not as overblown as amoled!

Looks like I have no screen/scrolling problems to speak off so thats a relief, but I will be testing for a few days more.

so after two days I'm very happy it has already trashed the Oneplus one, just see how I feel about the OPT in a little while.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Looking at this along with a few others on my list.

Anyone know good makers to get spare batteries and charger unit?

If they weren't much it might be a good option with a couple spare batteries to swap in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Best of luck getting anything for this phone. LG and the third party manufacturers never followed through on anything for it. The fact you can't buy a back cover with wireless charging built in at this stage says it all (that circle case mess doesn't count). Genuine batteries are like hens teeth and I've tried 3 aftermarket ones so far that weren't worth a toss. You'd go from 80% to 60% to 70% to 50% in the space of a minute.

I thought you had a dud?

Nothing like that on my friends phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ok so the battery arrived this morning but I haven't gotten to test it yet. The cover arrived too. It has an LG G4 logo on the front at the bottom that wasn't there in the product photos. Doesn't bother me, but it's 100% as described.

The cover overlaps slightly at the corners compared to the leather/plastic cover. I still can't test the wireless charging as the charger hasn't arrived yet. The quick circle part of the case works but it would a whole lot more useful if...
    1) AMOLED display so it wastes less battery.
    2) More bloody watch faces. There's a beautifully designed white one but it's not available in black and I dont have the time to get the apk, tear it apart, invert the colours, repackage etc. I need to look for another market.
    3) more apps supported quickcircle to control things.

Honestly, I'd rather get a non-quick circle cover but this will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Has anyone else had trouble with re-acquring a signal after losing it. Yesterday I went into a building where there is no signal and then I didn't notice for that for nearly an hour after in areas where I normally have full signal I had no signal. Had to restart my phone and then it was back to normal

Not me anyway. Being on the three network and on almost every phone I'm diving into the settings to re enable 3/4 g at least every other day ... but the G4 looks to be holding onto the network better than any phone before it (thats not a three native device) and if it does dropped off the network just selecting "Select automatically" pulls it back on without having to do a full network search.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

god's toy wrote: »
    Not me anyway. Being on the three network and on almost every phone I'm diving into the settings to re enable 3/4 g at least every other day ... but the G4 looks to be holding onto the network better than any phone before it (thats not a three native device) and if it does dropped off the network just selecting "Select automatically" pulls it back on without having to do a full network search.

Yeah maybe it was just a one off, only have the phone a few days. Coming from a Note 4 this is better in nearly every way. The Note 4 screen is a bit nicer is the only thing really

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe it was just a one off, only have the phone a few days. Coming from a Note 4 this is better in nearly every way. The Note 4 screen is a bit nicer is the only thing really

Yep those Amoled screens are very nice indeed, really wish more used them.

I ordered one of these and if it comes with a European plug, does the cable go into the plug via USB? Cause I have an iPhone 3 pin plug I could just use for it.

Yep sure does. I got two with mine, one from LG and one from amazon.

Thank you gents :)

One last thing what model number is on the battery? I'm just checking the battery kits online and want to make sure there's no difference.

Mourinho wrote: »
    Thank you gents :)

One last thing what model number is on the battery? I'm just checking the battery kits online and want to make sure there's no difference.

Mine says BL-51yf

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sorry lads a bit late to the party

I'm waiting on a OPT but I might move on this instead. Where's the best place to buy? Very big difference in price in a few places !

What's a typical price for this?

Thanks! Sorry if it was answered already and I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Sorry lads a bit late to the party

I'm waiting on a OPT but I might move on this instead. Where's the best place to buy? Very big difference in price in a few places !

What's a typical price for this?

Thanks! Sorry if it was answered already and I missed it

I bought mine from ebay.it from this seller. Next day delivery to ireland, is a business seller and phone was unused.

http://www.ebay.it/itm/111766714777

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Seriously thinking of getting one of these. Love the fact that it has a removable battery and micro sd slot. Any deals currently on compatible micro sd cards anyone know? Also wouldn't it make more sense to buy a spare 10,000 mAh power bank rather than a spare 3,000 mAh battery? I used to slip a spare battery for my S2 into my wallet but I'm almost always lugging around a sling bagpack so I may as well go for the 10k, any recommendations? plenty of random ones about there but impossible know most reliable.

Also I was thinking wireless charging wise, I want to stick with a leather case, would the q wireless sticker work through the leather? Or would I have to go with a plastic cover for the wireless to work? I'd rather not get one of those circle flip cases, want the screen exposed, figured I'd just get a tempered glass screen protector.

Advertisement