Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

aphex™ wrote: »
    Aye, if you steal your neighbour's phone line then you can get his broadband, innit?

Reckon you'd have to jerryrig it!
    But you'd be better off depending on a crowdsourced map than the actual map as that's the usual lies from a BS company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭TheChizler

damienirel wrote: »
    Reckon you'd have to jerryrig it!
    But you'd be better off depending on a crowdsourced map than the actual map as that's the usual lies from a BS company.
    Can't you just put your number or address into the line checker? Or ring them?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Can't you just put your number or address into the line checker? Or ring them?

My point was the map is false advertising. You need to read before posting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The map causes more heartache than anything, it should be scrapped. Maybe they should have a dropdown list sorted by county and towns where efibre is available. Showing an entire exchange in green as live is very misleading alright. The Dunshaughlin exchange covers a good sized area of Meath and less than 10% of the exchange area can receive efibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Gonzo wrote: »
    The map causes more heartache than anything, it should be scrapped. Maybe they should have a dropdown list sorted by county and towns where efibre is available. Showing an entire exchange in green as live is very misleading alright. The Dunshaughlin exchange covers a good sized area of Meath and less than 10% of the exchange area can receive efibre.

No matter what way we/you/I package the complaint all you're gonna hear from regulators and the providers is a little bit of scotty dont !.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-RDQAZ8vA

• Advertisement

My point was the map is false advertising. You need to read before posting.
    Except they clearly state that the map is just a guideline only and to use the line checker to be accurate, as you quoted from the advertising standards response.
    damienirel wrote:
    It is for that reason they said that theyclearly state on their
    webpage that the map
    “is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service”
    To verify if a specific address is eFibre enabled, allusers are invited to enter their phone number or address into the
    line checkerprovided. This is the most precise way to determine whether or not a property is eFibre enabled.

I would suggest that maybe you should take your own advice about reading before posting except that might be rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ThreepwoodG

The map looks absolutely crazy right now!
    :S

Except they clearly state that the map is just a guideline only and to use the line checker to be accurate, as you quoted from the advertising standards response.

I would suggest that maybe you should take your own advice about reading before posting except that might be rude.

If you managed to read my first post that included the response from the ASAI - you would have noticed I told you that I had mentioned the disclaimer(because thats what those things are called) to them before they came back with that as an excuse. Which inevitably they did. I think dbit has it right with the "scotty don't".

Having disclaimers in my humble opinion should not mean that you grossly over exaggerate the product you're selling. That was my original point to the ASAI.:rolleyes:

If you managed to read my first post that included the response from the ASAI - you would have noticed I told you that I had mentioned the disclaimer(because thats what those things are called) to them before they came back with that as an excuse. Which inevitably they did. I think dbit has it right with the "scotty don't".

Having disclaimers in my humble opinion should not mean that you grossly over exaggerate the product you're selling. That was my original point to the ASAI.:rolleyes:
    Of course I read the first post, I quoted from it. :confused:

IMO the disclaimer is incredibly obvious and I wouldn't expect the map to be accurate after reading it, I would only use it as an indication and to rule out my area if it wasn't in it. The disclaimer displays at the top of the page before the map even starts loading (possibly browser dependent). The map is a nice feature but not meaningful.

And let us not forget the "How Bowya Doin" !! Lets all bow our heads and pray in the sacrament of medium , O Lord please bring the light i so badly yearn for . Amen . lolz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

IMO the disclaimer is incredibly obvious and I wouldn't expect the map to be accurate after reading it, I would only use it as an indication and to rule out my area if it wasn't in it. The disclaimer displays at the top of the page before the map even starts loading (possibly browser dependent). The map is a nice feature but not meaningful.

Well last week my area suddenly went green (meaning it currently has eFibre), so I contacted them only to find out that my area does NOT have eFibre and there are no plans to bring to my area! This week the green is gone, and my area doesn't have any colour.

I could understand if it was a simple mistake, but the map changes so often I'm really wondering what they're doing with it.

Why have the map at all if it's not accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Who is in charge of the efibre map on eircoms website. For ages they have had us, in Aughrim wicklow, as not in the pipeline for efibre. Looked today and they have us down to get it this month

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Who is in charge of the efibre map on eircoms website. For ages they have had us, in Aughrim wicklow, as not in the pipeline for efibre. Looked today and they have us down to get it this month

EVDSL works in progress. Will only benefit you if you're within the town(village?). Past 1700m ish its no benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just been told by Eircom that a new development 10km from the centre of Dublin city may not be able to avail of broadband..

Yet the entire area is marked green as eFibre available on the eircom fibre map

And also despite the fact that the wholesale site shows a vdsl cab as being live about 400m from the development

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just been told by Eircom that a new development 10km from the centre of Dublin city may not be able to avail of broadband..

Yet the entire area is marked green as eFibre available on the eircom fibre map

And also despite the fact that the wholesale site shows a vdsl cab as being live about 400m from the development

It could be full or used fully already , they do plan to plop additional cabs to those places where one exists, but its not going to happen any time soon.

dbit wrote: »
    It could be full or used fully already , they do plan to plop additional cabs to those places where one exists, but its not going to happen any time soon.

How bad is any time soon?

Like this year or this decade...

How good are you at holding your breath ? ED E and BK will best answer your questions. Im having an anti Eircom Day/week/year/decade .

there are two new developments going up beside each other where I am - about 60 homes or so in close proximity... surely that's reaching critical mass for new services..

there are two new developments going up beside each other where I am - about 60 homes or so in close proximity... surely that's reaching critical mass for new services..

Contact UPC they'll be in like a flash if they have cmts near by ? OR Evolve ESB / Vodafone tell them what Eircom have said.

dbit wrote: »
    Contact UPC they'll be in like a flash if they have cmts near by ? OR Evolve ESB / Vodafone tell them what Eircom have said.

UPC don't seem interested either... they have a shared tv setup up here using MMDS :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

UPC don't seem interested either... they have a shared tv setup up here using MMDS :rolleyes:

YUK!

The devoloper of these estates , whats they're stance , they are responsible for putting out the tenders to providers or plan duct access for the area surely they have some information ?

They have power so maybe its ESB VF route = long wait either way. Possibly look at a wisp until real lines arrive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Hi,
    I just created and published small reporting tool that displays _changes_ in efibre cabinet deployment.
    IT uses eircom wholesale website as data source. It is experimental and done quickly. All comments are welcome.

http://piec.noip.me/

Please mind that some changes are showing backwards progress (changed from Live to Build Commenced) this is most likely due to error on Eircom side.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Niiiice.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

trompele wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just created and published small reporting tool that displays _changes_ in efibre cabinet deployment.
    IT uses eircom wholesale website as data source. It is experimental and done quickly. All comments are welcome.

http://piec.noip.me/

Please mind that some changes are showing backwards progress (changed from Live to Build Commenced) this is most likely due to error on Eircom side.

Nice presentation of updates etc...but....

Has LND1_E01 disappeared from Eircom Radar (Lucan Dublin) showing on fibre rolloutmap as build commenced?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭guil

Very nice tool.

I think it's only showing cabs and exchanges that have updated in the last few days. For example KLE_E01 has been commenced for a few weeks but my exchange CUR_E01 only went to commenced on Friday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭domeld

guil wrote: »
    Very nice tool.

I think it's only showing cabs and exchanges that have updated in the last few days. For example KLE_E01 has been commenced for a few weeks but my exchange CUR_E01 only went to commenced on Friday I think.

Yes, you are right!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

domeld wrote: »
    Yes, you are right!

Sorry...got it wrong obviously....feeling a little stupid:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Them Thar Hills

Some activity around my exchange in recent days KGT1_E01, on eircom website its now saying you are in an eFibre enabled area,
    i'm still on 8mbps, fiber soon hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for posting that link. My exchange is showing Build Commenced. Finally it is looking like I will be getting fibre broadband soon :)

Advertisement