Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm seriously considering buying a little ppaddling pool and a crate of beer after work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm seriously considering buying a little ppaddling pool and a crate of beer after work

To paddle in or to put the beer in? :p

Ankhyu wrote: »
    To paddle in or to put the beer in? :p

Put the beer in, then paddle. Obviously. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Put the beer in, then paddle. Obviously. :p

Paddle IN beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Get a few hotdogs and you're golden! :pac:
    wake3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Job offer yesterday, found out I got a 2.1 today. It's only Tuesday but this is the best week I've had in quite some time.

Job offer yesterday, found out I got a 2.1 today. It's only Tuesday but this is the best week I've had in quite some time.

Ah kb, I'm so happy for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congrats KB. Well deserved.

GS, that paddling pool sounds like a great idea. Could really use it right now. Got some milkshakes though and they are going down a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I got my doggy a paddling pool :D

And I'm jealous of a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Congrats K B! Delighted for you!!

Spent the day helping out around the house. We were painting the outside house, windowsills etc, the place looks fecking great!

I am paying for it now though and have been curled up in a ball under my duvet waiting for painkillers to kick in!!

I could murder a bottle or two of Black Wych right now. Alas, I'm broke and the nearest stockist is in Artane.
    I want to go for drinks but common sense dictates that I buy my summer wardrobe first. Also, my MP3 player is dying a slow death and I'm too broke to replace it at the minute. Comic Con is coming up soon and I badly need to replace my clamped out mobile so everything is money, money, money. I'm generally quite good at saving but it's tough when you've got no job.
    I've applied everywhere and heard nothing back save for a clinical automated email telling me my "application was unsuccessful". :( Someone give me the winning Lotto numbers because I'm in serious need of a cash injection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So this week has been bloody awesome!! Booked the week off in January and we get a bloody heat wave!!!
    Got a new tattoo on saturday to start of me hols!
    Got offered a new Job with a Ridiculously big company! nice salary increase with good benefits!! happy happy happy :):D:D

Also this has been my view for the last few days from the decking of my Uncle's Holiday Home in Kerry :cool::cool:
    311349.jpg

I hope everyone else is having a great week so far :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

There are so many heavily tattooed lads playing in the World Cup. It's a wonderful sight :D

Good to see your taking the World Cup in the spirit it's intended Jen.

Congrats Gregers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Good to see your taking the World Cup in the spirit it's intended Jen.

Go team an' all, scarleeeh for Spain getting hammered again, ludicrous display etc etc ...

... some of the players are nommy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jenizzle wrote: »
    Go team an' all, scarleeeh for Spain getting hammered again, ludicrous display etc etc ...

What we're Spain thinking? They're always trying to walk it in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wait, they were trying?

Clearly you're a closet fan Damo. Knowing the teams? Bet you know who kicked all the points as well.

Just popped up Facebook. Awesomeness

10434268_289762091184699_3381569463752814740_n.jpg

Angron wrote: »
    Wait, they were trying?
    Orim wrote: »
    Clearly you're a closet fan Damo. Knowing the teams? Bet you know who kicked all the points as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Been a busy weekend/week. Also got a call for a job interview yesterday. Was talking to them this morning, they're looking for references so it's looking good. It has a weird shift where Wk. 1 I work 2 days on, 3 days off, two nights on, then Wk. 2 I work 2 days off, 3 nights on, 2 days off. Will take getting used to, but it could be a good 'un!! Fingers crossed. I just want to get back working proper again!!

And the tattooist rescheduled for Thursday week, so should have the sleeve finished then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Off to Wildcat for 2 full sessions on the sleeve next week can't wait to see what Attila comes up with.

tumblr_lts3wlVaoE1qhwlteo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Hey all, how goes all?

All excited on your soon to be fatherhood Marty? Have to say I love the name Ayla. Can't see why people questioned it.

KB congrats on the job. Are you in spain now?

PKM fingers crossed you get the job.

GS, I used to work for PixiFoto. Sounds like your job can be just as bad as how they operated. Hope something new comes along for you.

January keep the head up. I had FIVE years of bad luck until things finally turned around for me this year. Just keep a firm hold of that silver lining xx

Think I got most of ye there :)
    I'm LOVING life this year. Love my new job, cool neighbours, sound landlord and nice house. Everything else in life is a bonus :)

My best friend came home for a few weeks and got engaged :) Eight years together, it was a matter of time. I'm a bridesmaid so that got me further excited. Bought a whole section of engagement pressies in the shop. First of my tight group of school friends to get engaged. EXCITEMENT!!

Planning a holuday to italy. I want to hit milan, pisa, venice, florence, rome, naplesand capri in two weeks. Nearly all the logistics done. Just need to book.

Oh and AWESOME suspension!

I can see this being Marty in the near future:
    Ayla, you've got me on my knees.
    Ayla, I'm begging, darling please.
    Ayla, darling won't you please go back to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi all! I don't post in here too often,as I is very shy.You T&P folk seem chilled though.

Soaking up the sun down here,just wondering- what factor sunscreen do you use on tattoos?Have factor 40,but would hate my tattoos to fade.
    Should I get higher? A zillion perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently anything over 30 doesn't work (factor 50 for example is banned in Australia...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Factor 50 doesn't work? I was having a bath in the stuff the last few days!

Spent the day out in my aunts today, had a lovely day altogether!

kellief wrote: »
    Factor 50 doesn't work? I was having a bath in the stuff the last few days!

Factor 30 blocks out about 98% of the suns rays so anything over that apparently doesn't really make a difference.

That said I know someone who was prescribed factor 100 after she got sun stroke.

Thanks all for the congratulations. Delighted with my degree. I put a lot of work in but personal stuff caused some difficulty during the exams so I wasn't sure how it would go. I wasn't offered the job I was originally interviewed for which was a management position as they don't think I'm ready (and tbh I completely agree) but I'm just glad have gotten an offer in general.

And no Foxy not in Spain in York (although currently home to sort out my stuff) but there is the opportunity to spend some time in one of their Spanish branches which is a bonus. York itself is a beautiful city with a really nice vibe. It actually feels a bit like a big Galway. :P

• Advertisement

I might be going on a date next Friday. Both nervous and excited.
    What to wear, what to wear... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Hey all, how goes all?

All excited on your soon to be fatherhood Marty? Have to say I love the name Ayla. Can't see why people questioned it.

Yea have to say I really am done our tour of the coombe yesterday so we know were to go on the day,anti natal classes tomorrow and we pretty much have everything bought that we need even have the babies room finished even though we know she wont be in it for a few months :pac:. Glad you liked the name :).

Glad to hear your doing well and your still floating around these parts :).

Busy day today gym done, shopping and two striploin steak in the fridge marinating in a recipe for a sauce a friend gave me, car cleaned, washing done,Bearded Dragon fed and out wandering around the sitting room, now relaxation time :).

House cleaned, gym done (I can bench 10 more kilos now!!), out with a friend and seeing himself later.

Have a brilliant roster for this week, so plenty of time off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Drove the motorbike from Galway to Portlaoise. Took the scenic route.

Yes: stunning scenery, adventure
    No:bugs kamikaze-ing onto my visor. Potholes everywhere.

Got a feckin wedding today, A friend of hers is getting hitched, I know absolutely no one that's gonna be at it, boring day ahead

Despite having a great roster, I'm dreading work today.

I made a GP appointment for one of my days off (Tuesday), then got a letter telling me I have a hospital appointment on Wednesday. Bye bye, days off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gregers85 wrote: »
    Got a feckin wedding today, A friend of hers is getting hitched, I know absolutely no one that's gonna be at it, boring day ahead

That's the plan!!! Hahaha

She's warned about getting too drunk as well haha, at her cousins wedding last year I had a little too much and took it upon myself to get on the stage and lead the macerana!! Do you know the moves to the macerana? coz I sure as hell don't haha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gregers85 wrote: »
    That's the plan!!! Hahaha

She's warned about getting too drunk as well haha, at her cousins wedding last year I had a little too much and took it upon myself to get on the stage and lead the macerana!! Do you know the moves to the macerana? coz I sure as hell don't haha :p

jaysus the dry ****e!! MY sisters husband ended up dancing with his around his ankles in the middle of the dancefloor at their wedding

jaysus the dry ****e!! MY sisters husband ended up dancing with his around his ankles in the middle of the dancefloor at their wedding

Haha brilliant!

A few yrs ago one of the lads on the rugby team got married, I dont know how it came about but by the end of the night the whole team was pantless!! :rolleyes: still rocking the socks nd shoes just giving it welly in the jocks haha

I went to the doctor on Wesnsday and I've discovered I have a very rare but non-life threatening thyroid disorder.
    I'm also severely anaemic which is not much of a shock TBH as I've had all the symptoms for a number of years. Even so, good that I finally know WTF is wrong with me. I've started taking iron supplements and I already feel the benefits- I wasn't as tired yesterday and stayed it to 1:30am which is bizarre as I normally feel shattered by 10pm.
    Slept like a log too which was very nice.
    All in all, nothing major to worry about. I'm just not looking forward to eating an influx of liver though maybe if I team it with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wedding dress shopping really takes it out of ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ya know.... I wasn't gonna have a drink tonight, but then I found some captains and now im having a drink. Oh well.

Ya know.... I wasn't gonna have a drink tonight, but then I found some captains and now im having a drink. Oh well.
    Oooh, that reminds me- I have about half a naggin of Captains left over from when I made my rum cake a few weeks ago. Don't have any Coke, though. I can't abide the stuff straight though. If you mix it with freshly squeezed orange juice it tastes like a Captain Quencher ice lolly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, that reminds me- I have about half a naggin of Captains left over from when I made my rum cake a few weeks ago. Don't have any Coke, though. I can't abide the stuff straight though. If you mix it with freshly squeezed orange juice it tastes like a Captain Quencher ice lolly! :D

Well.... if you don't want it to go to waste I'm sure I could find a good home for it. :rolleyes:

excellent talk tonight because I went for pints tonight. Having a vodka and lemon at the moment while I wait for some ribs to cook.

I have to get some work done with Charley Huurman. Everything he produces is whopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Hungover as balls. Pray for Mojo.

In the time it took me to get dressed and put on sun cream it's gone cloudy. :(

Lockstep wrote: »
    Hungover as balls. Pray for Mojo.

I refuse to offer any sympathy for hangovers. All self-inflicted :pac:

Didn't finish up till after 5 last night!! I'm strangely fresh today!! I'm waiting for the hangover to hit me like a bang :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

.....and I got that job I went for! YAY!!! :D I start Monday week. Finally, after nearly two feckin years....I have a full-time job. It turns out I can keep the bouncer thing going in tandem. I'll have to skip once every third weekend but other than that, I'm grand. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement