Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Vacancies - New Job Postings Only - NO INFO REQUESTS ON-THREAD

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:15am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

MOD NOTE: this thread is SOLELY for notifying new jobs that people know of, not for follow up chat about what a company is like to work for, pay scales or for general requests such as 'does anyone know of work in....' - any posts which are not pure job notifications will be deleted and the poster infracted. Thanks.

Feel free to post any job adverts you see around Cork here.

Note: This is not a discussion thread and anyone adding "junk" to this thread will be dealt with swiftly.

With the amount of praise coming in for this thread I would like to point out that it was NoDice's idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Just thought I'd post the jobs from the last thread for anyone new searching on this thread. :)
    • Blizzard.com - Great employer according to another poster, but knowledge of the game World of Warcraft is desirable.
    • Currys in Mahon Point Retail Park - There is a notice in the window for full-time and part-time staff at the moment.
    • Boylesports - Currently doing interviews. A knowledge of betting in general is not required apparently.
    • Oasis - Currently looking for retail staff.
    • Sam McCauley's in Blackpool Shopping Centre.
    • Cafe Depeche - Cafe next to the Gate Cinema on North Main Street. Notice on window currently looking for staff with 2 years barrista experience.
    Hope this helps some people out there and best of luck to anyone on the job hunt. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Pulse (accessories/costume jewellery type place) in Wilton SC has a sign up for flexible p/t shop staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Store (clothes shop) on Oliver Plunkett St. are looking for a sales assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Gloria Jeans on Patrick street has a sign up for full time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Heard from a few friends that SPAR on Parnell place is hiring, not sure if full or part time.

EDIT: Theres a notice in the window alright, doesn't specify full or part-time though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kark

Brilliant thread! Really helps!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cash Connectors on McCurtain St are looking for staff, the sign doesn't specify full or part time though.

Cafe Gusto on Washington St are looking for a cook, again it doesn't say whether it is FT or PT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fantastic idea for a thread...

Killarney Guest House on Western Road are looking for a Breakfast Chef, not sure if its full or part time

Maryborough Hotel in Douglas are looking for a 3rd/4th year Commis Chef, full time

and

Strasbourg Goose Restaurant on French Church Street are looking for part time waiting staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Aldi in Ballincollig (the one up behind the cinema by the golf shop and pet store) have a sign up for General Assistants, 15-35 hours, €11.35 an hour :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Thanks to all of you but to NoDice in particular, starting in Curry's next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Red Storm wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you but to NoDice in particular, starting in Curry's next week :)

Nice one :) hurray for random helpful internet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Wholly Grain on Washington street (next to the Singer shop) has a sign up for new staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Store (clothes shop) on Oliver Plunkett St. are looking for a sales assistant.

Is this Store that was on French Church St? I thought that had closed down? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

castie wrote: »
    Feel free to post any job adverts you see around Cork here.

Note: This is not a discussion thread and anyone adding "junk" to this thread will be dealt with swiftly.

With the amount of praise coming in for this thread I would like to point out that it was NoDice's idea.

hey! this is a great thread for the ouuta work. wel done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Léan wrote: »
    Is this Store that was on French Church St? I thought that had closed down? :confused:

Same shop yeah, moved over a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Gasoline upstairs in Mahon Point have a staff wanted sign up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

alcon are taking on thru c&m recruitment at the moment as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

dazzlermac wrote: »
    alcon are taking on thru c&m recruitment at the moment as far as i know

I interviewed, passed the psychometrics and dexterity test then got ignored for about three weeks. then I got a pfo. same for a few buddies and we all had perfectly relevant experience. jerks.

that said ive since gotten a better longer contracted job, so my ire is pretty lacking.

Manufacturing jobs are pretty thin on the ground atm but its worth applying to c&m and richmond. C&m cover apple's fairly high turnover of staff so positions open up periodically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

FULL TIME STAFF NEEDED GLORIA JEANS DOUGLAS COURT

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

This thread is for available jobs only and not for airing grievances against a company or their recruitment technique. Please keep it along the lines of "Got hired by X or was unsucessful in my application to X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The new Dunnes on Patricks street are looking for assistant managers.
    Apply through www.dunnesstores.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's worth noting that Gloria Jeans (both of them) have had 'help wanted' signs up for at least a year, and both I and my ex applied there with years of barista experience each, and never got so much as a call about it. So don't pin your hopes on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone know if the new hospital out in mahon point is recruiting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭munstercork

painter wanted for a house project pm needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

There's a poster up in Mahon point saying that the Boston Barbers are recruiting for a store opening soon. Most likely that they only require barbers but might be of use to someone reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

I'm looking for 1 full time dog handler. Applicants MUST have either worked professionally with dogs before, or have relevant qualifications in the industry.

Email CV's to info@creedonsdoggiedaycare.com

Possibility of 1 part time position too.

Applicants without the relevant experience will not be responded to due to the volume of unqualified CV's I get!

Work will include dog handling in the daycare, dog grooming, retail, and minimal dog training.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dunnes in Douglas are looking for a textiles manager and an assistant textiles manager

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

In French Church Street/ Academy Street are looking for full time waiting staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

KFC - little Island are hiring.

-training given, no experience needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

PC world Mahon are advertising for staff

Advertisement