Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Doctson with one of the plays of the game, showing why you should always follow your RB to the endzone. Recovers the fumble at the one. Leads to another TCU touchdown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Three turnovers by Golson has given 21 points to North Carolina but he is still in the game.

Folston with the TD and Koyack with a catch for 2 points puts Notre Dame into a 7 point lead.

Wow, the WR with a 60 yard bomb to the RB. This is what happens when a Gary Patterson defence finally gets an explosive offence to go with it.

Yikes, Gators fans giving up on the team. Here's the crowd at kickoff.

Bzs39hDIIAEc_-5.jpg:medium

• Advertisement

That drive was all about Folston. Puts a half century on the board and cliches the game.

TCU: Baylor Busters :cool:

polaris68 wrote: »
    That drive was all about Folston. Puts a half century on the board and cliches the game.

yup also lol at the run between his lineman and the defender he was blocking.

notre dame are closing out games well this year i know its "only unc" but all week people have been saying this is a trap game. next week is probably the biggest week of the season a win automatically puts them into the top 2-3 imo

Ugly enough win despite the big score they put up. Massive game against FSU next weekend - can't wait!

polaris68 wrote: »
    Ugly enough win despite the big score they put up. Massive game against FSU next weekend - can't wait!

should be a cracker i hope it lives up to the game it should be although obviously id take a ****ty game and an irish win over a cracker with a florida state win.

• Advertisement

Just the 109 points so far in Waco. Crazy, crazy game!

Interception seals Mississippi State's win over Auburn.

Never seen a crowd so wild as they are in Waco right now. Baylor are mental!

58-58 :eek:

This is beyond ridiculous!

If this comes down to Baylor's kicker, I might just pass out!

Edit: Oh wow, TCU are going to lose this one thanks to a bogus call!

So cruel on TCU, but what a game. And above all else, TCU cover :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Baylor win, moment of destiny there. I don't think they will be stopped after that. It was their worst defensive performance by a long way this season. I think they will just get better and better from here in. They showed such great heart and belief to come back from 21 down. Just an incredible win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Guys, what is the story with the low crowds at University of Miami games?

I know it has been going on for years, but never knew why. They consistently rank near the top of universities that have current players in the NFL, they hold a number of draft related records, they won 4 national championships in the last 20 years (all in recent memory).

Is it just the typical Miami sports fan mentality?

Seriously impressive stuff from Ole Miss, they are leading 35-7 as we speak. They battled through a tough patch in the game where the lead was 14 and got through it and went on to win comfortably in the end. The Egg bowl is going to be bigger than ever before this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seriously impressive stuff from Ole Miss, they are leading 35-7 as we speak. They battled through a tough patch in the game where the lead was 14 and got through it and went on to win comfortably in the end. The Egg bowl is going to be bigger than ever before this year.

The writing was on the wall when they got Robert Nkemdiche on signing day 2 years ago. He is legit first rounder top 5 draft pick at the moment.

I am afraid some of the issues Alabama are facing is due to the lack of push up front.

They don't have a man beast like Chance Warmack or DJ Fluker to dominate which means the running backs are getting no room. Saying that though you would expect more production from these 2 fella's given the talent they have.

Look at this schedule...Texas AM, Auburn, Miss State, Tennessee and LSU. 5 huge games....could easily lose 3 or more of those on current form. Then real questions will have to be asked about what exactly is Alabama doing with there recruiting classes that consistently are the best in the nation.

vs
    #21 Texas A&M
    3:30 PM ET CBS 2,124 available from $152
    Sat, Oct 25

Tennessee
    TBD 3,265 available from $125
    Sat, Nov 8

LSU
    TBD 2,875 available from $180
    Sat, Nov 15
    vs
    #1 Mississippi St
    TBD 2,599 available from $105
    Sat, Nov 22
    vs
    W Carolina
    TBD 2,671 available from $41
    Sat, Nov 29
    vs
    #6 Auburn
    TBD 2,481 available from $309

winning 3 of the last 5 bcs championships for one

• Advertisement

winning 3 of the last 5 bcs championships for one

Pretty sure they have only got the best recruiting class in the last 2 years....all those NFL First draft picks were not rated in the Top 100 of the majority of the rating agencies when picked by Saban.

Its clear, while he wants huge big mobile lineman he has failed to get the right ones. He has stocked running backs 5 deep, that relatively easy to do with a program as powerful as Alabama.

Look I am a huge fan of Saban, but what the hell has been recruiting, those lineman were getting beasted up front by second raters who were niled the past few years against the Crimson Tide.

Its worrying, does the process need to be adapted.....the big test now will be against Texas AM who have a poor defense and a lethal offensive. Alabama will know where they stack up after this but for me Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn, Texas AM, Georgia and maybe even Kentucky have looked better so far.

nope alabama have had the best recruiting class annually since saban came in about 2008 in theory they should be wining every game every year but oftentimes that does not work out at the end of the day its like college to the nfl some players will pan out some won't there are few if any definites

nope alabama have had the best recruiting class annually since saban came in about 2008 in theory they should be wining every game every year but oftentimes that does not work out at the end of the day its like college to the nfl some players will pan out some won't there are few if any definites

Just checked you are right, every year bar 2010 where they were 5th behind USC. Fair enough it doesn't pan out 1 class sure, but there is a mesh of 3 if not more currently there and they can't seem to work out the offensive and defensive lines issues.

Look I am used to seeing Lacy and Richardson gaining 5 yards a carry and making tough hard brutal yards. Lacy was a fantastic running back for Alabama but I see none of the hard physical yards being made because they are getting swamped at the line of scrimmage. Have teams realised that Alabama is just too damn slow to alter there game to move with the fast paced offense that is now all over the country.

Either way I am enjoying watching the evolution...going to miss the Texas AM game next week tho

Just checked you are right, every year bar 2010 where they were 5th behind USC. Fair enough it doesn't pan out 1 class sure, but there is a mesh of 3 if not more currently there and they can't seem to work out the offensive and defensive lines issues.

Look I am used to seeing Lacy and Richardson gaining 5 yards a carry and making tough hard brutal yards. Lacy was a fantastic running back for Alabama but I see none of the hard physical yards being made because they are getting swamped at the line of scrimmage. Have teams realised that Alabama is just too damn slow to alter there game to move with the fast paced offense that is now all over the country.

Either way I am enjoying watching the evolution...going to miss the Texas AM game next week tho

to be honest there probably the only college team i actively root against i dislike that they pretty much have a monopoly when it comes to recruiting, i dislike there arrogance and i dislike that saban is trying to stop hurry up offences just because he has issues dealing with them the more they lose the better there getting to cowboys level with me

to be honest there probably the only college team i actively root against i dislike that they pretty much have a monopoly when it comes to recruiting, i dislike there arrogance and i dislike that saban is trying to stop hurry up offences just because he has issues dealing with them the more they lose the better there getting to cowboys level with me

The Saban rule left a very bad taste in the mouth. Completely agree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Stolen from elsewhere but Saturday looks good

Thursday 16 October
    10am: College Football Live
    4.30pm: Top 25
    Midnight: College Football Live
    12.30am: College Football Live
    12.30am: Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh (LIVE, BTS1)
    4.30am: College Football Live

Friday 17 October
    11am: College Football Live
    4.30pm: Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh (rep)
    9.30pm: College Football Live
    12.30am: College Football Live
    1am: Fresno State @ Boise State (LIVE, BTS1)

Saturday 18 October
    2.15pm: College GameDay
    5pm: #17 Kansas State @ #11 Oklahoma (LIVE)
    8.30pm: #21 Texas A&M @ #7 Alabama (LIVE)
    Midnight: ESPN Goal Line
    1am: #5 Notre Dame @ #2 Florida State (LIVE)

Sunday 19 October
    7am: B1G Ten (as-live, Eurosport 2)
    9.30am: College Football Final
    10.30pm: College Football Final
    4.45am: B1G Ten (rep, Eurosport 2)
    5am: College Football Final

Monday 20 October
    6am: Fresno State @ Boise State (rep)
    10am: Championship Drive
    6pm: Championship Drive
    10.30pm: College Football Live
    11pm: Championship Drive
    12.30am: Tennessee @ #3 Ole Miss (as live)

Tuesday 21 October
    6am: Kansas State @ Oklahoma (rep)
    9am: College Football Final
    10am: College Football Live
    10.30am: Championship Drive
    1pm: Texas A&M @ Alabama (rep)
    4pm: Tennessee @ Ole Miss (rep)
    7pm: #23 Stanford @ #17 Arizona State (as live)
    Midnight: College Football Live
    12.30am: Top 25
    1am: Arkansas State @ UL-Lafayette (LIVE, Week 9)

West Virginia making a game of it against Baylor. Up 21 - 20 in the second quarter.

54 yard field goal increases WV lead to 24 - 20 at half time. Baylor looking a bit flat particularly on defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Baylor win, moment of destiny there. I don't think they will be stopped after that. It was their worst defensive performance by a long way this season. I think they will just get better and better from here in. They showed such great heart and belief to come back from 21 down. Just an incredible win.

Well that didn't last long!

Clint Trickett was on fire. Some performance.

• Advertisement

Alabama are putting a beating on A&M. A far cry from the A&M side that beat them last year.

Baylor's annual choke right on schedule today I see. As sure as rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Paully D wrote: »
    Alabama are putting a beating on A&M. A far cry from the A&M side that beat them last year.

A beating is putting it mildly now. 52-0 mid-way through the third. Some serious SEC games still to come for Bama, mind, but they should get to the Miss. State without too much fuss.

Baylor's annual choke right on schedule today I see. As sure as rain.
    They were ravaged by injury today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭boccy23

Paully D wrote: »
    It was a blowout from the start.

They were ravaged by injury today.

West Virginia lost both their starting cornerbacks in the 1st half, and their leading rusher in the 1st quarter, but it didn't stop them. Petty still only completed 44% of his passes and Linwood only had 3.3 yards per carry. And Baylor gave up 215 yards in penalties. Looked like they had a hangover from last week tbh, no excuses. They do this every year. Similar to Oregon.

• Advertisement

notre dame-florida state is going to be epic. both qbs are undefeated with a combed 34-0 record. both historic programs.

winner is arguably number 1 definitely number 2 in the rankings.

winner tops the acc (kind of)

Would not be surprised if this is a blowout if Golson doesn't cut out the sloppiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would not be surprised if this is a blowout if Golson doesn't cut out the sloppiness.

Blowout is what I'm expecting to see alright. Florida State by 14-21.

Game listed to start at 1am. 1:20am now and no sign of kick off. :rolleyes:

both qbs are undefeated with a combed 34-0 record.

Umm...

zZML9DR.jpg

• Advertisement

People are overrating the Seminoles. They have a great offense but the Irish have a pretty good D.

Seminoles don't have a good D and the Irish will take advantage of that. It will be high scoring but I'm expecting a Notre Dame win. If they lose, it won't be by much.

Jamarcus, can you make that pic smaller or get rid of it please? Also its regular season they are talking about.

Where's the flag? Wasn't there a push in the back there on first down?

Umm...

zZML9DR.jpg

must have purged my memory of that i meant regular season:D

Notre Dame defense playing well and Folston has brought his great form from last week.

Extremely generous spot for Notre Dame there.

Get in Robinson, TD Irish!!!! Woohoo, great start on D and now a great drive to take the lead.

Just the 7 TDs for Cody Kessler through 3 quarters so far today :cool:

good god noone should ever be that open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The referee sounds like Cletus from the Simpsons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement