Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Mini Facial (30 minutes),
    Shower, which means exfoliate, removing a clay mask and washing and conditioning hair twice (30 minutes)
    Decide what to wear while in my towel.
    Blowdry my hair til it's almost dry with the rollers for volume - this depends on whether Im doing a straight or curly blowdry.
    Keep the rollers in, make sure Im dry and start with my tan. (10 minutes)
    If my nails need to be done, Ill do them now - both hands and feet. (20 minutes depending on cuticles)
    Eyemakeup - (25/35 minutes)
    I'll finish blowdrying my hair.
    Finish makeup - foundation, lashes, lips, and contouring.
    Get dressed (2 minutes depending on how much beating myself into the dress I have to do)
    Take out the rollers, and backcomb the rest of the volume into it (10/15 minutes)
    decide how badly I did the blowdry and fix accordingly with GHD, either straight or loose curls at the bottom of my hair.
    Double check makeup.
    Ready to leave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Links234 wrote: »
    shower, dry hair, hair straightener (sometimes), get dressed, put in earrings, watch episode of star trek, decide to try a different outfit :p I do take a little time sometimes :D
    Which series?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Nothing has confirmed for me how much the OH knows me like tonight.

We decided to spend a relaxing night in and just hang out. Then he suprised me with a load of baking supplies- cake tins, chocolate, flour etc etc because he knows how much I've been talking about cake recently (thank you ladies!!) and thought I'd like to try and get better at baking.

Then he gave me his paypal details and told me to enjoy bidding on some shoes off ebay :D

I is in love. Best anniversary ever.

(also I has made 2 cakes tonight! A chocolate one and an orange one. And both taste really good!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh right. My showers usually take less than 5 minutes. I've trained myself into having really quick showers from working early shifts. Hate not having a shower in the morning! And it takes me about 10 minutes to put make-up on...less even. My hair takes another 10 minutes. Very low maintenance here! A good few fellas have even commented that I'm quicker at getting ready than they are. Ha!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my showers are also about 5 mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I used to have ridiculas short showers but lately i've been having longer and longer showers. Not sure why but I enjoy them a lot more in my older age :D

Finally getting around to watching my big fat gypsy wedding. Love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nooooooo! was doing my video interview and my fcuking internet connection clapped out on me, and now I cant reopen the link for it that they emailed me it says its completed, so they have about 3 mins worsth of me answering one question, fcuk fcuk fcuk, hope they let me take it again :(

Oh Krudler that's sh-it

Hopefully it works out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Storm, what would be good for bad black heads? Like, I steam and do pore strips and all the other stuff but they never seem to go away :( it's my chin and my nose. And I have slight acne scarring/very open pores from my earlier teenage years right across my cheeks which are soooooooo noticeable! :(

krudler wrote: »
    nooooooo! was doing my video interview and my fcuking internet connection clapped out on me, and now I cant reopen the link for it that they emailed me it says its completed, so they have about 3 mins worsth of me answering one question, fcuk fcuk fcuk, hope they let me take it again :(
    Oh no! :(
    Fingers crossed you get to take it again, it's not your fault they don't give real interviews. If they frequently do video interviews they must have this happen frequently with Ireland's dodgy broadband.
    Hope it works out again for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Storm, what would be good for bad black heads? Like, I steam and do pore strips and all the other stuff but they never seem to go away :( it's my chin and my nose. And I have slight acne scarring/very open pores from my earlier teenage years right across my cheeks which are soooooooo noticeable! :(

I'd also love to know!

I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Posy wrote: »
    Which series?? :confused:
    Deep Space 9 :)

I may be in the minority, but it's by far my favourite series. :D

I'm the exact same, please help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

mmmph....mmmmph...bitch...whiiiiiiine....moan....

such a grumpy day :mad: go'way Thursday

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no! :(
    Fingers crossed you get to take it again, it's not your fault they don't give real interviews. If they frequently do video interviews they must have this happen frequently with Ireland's dodgy broadband.
    Hope it works out again for you.

I was reading the pointers on the email there and it says if you have connection issues its up to the interviewer to let you resit it, now since they have a couple of minutes of me on video answering a question competently (i hope) they must have dealt with this like you said, thank you eircom and your sh1tty copper lines :mad: Its not a nice way of doing a job interview either from my experience with it, you cant build any rapport with an interviewer you're basically just answering a text question you have a few seconds to read out loud, hell I'll drive down to galway and interview in person if they want, which is the next step anyway. cross all your fingers and toes for me

We're in the minority together! I think it's by far the best :)

I was reading the pointers on the email there and it says if you have connection issues its up to the interviewer to let you resit it, now since they have a couple of minutes of me on video answering a question competently (i hope) they must have dealt with this like you said, thank you eircom and your sh1tty copper lines :mad: Its not a nice way of doing a job interview either from my experience with it, you cant build any rapport with an interviewer you're basically just answering a text question you have a few seconds to read out loud, hell I'll drive down to galway and interview in person if they want, which is the next step anyway. cross all your fingers and toes for me

I'm sure if you say you're willing to travel down they'll see you commitment and help you out. Best of luck Krudler! Will be thinking of you x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd say they will, I'm sure it's a common problem in ireland.

There's a thread on the Galway city forum where people discuss the interview process if you haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's only an hour and a half down the road. Tell them you'll go for it and they will see you really want it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's only an hour and a half down the road. Tell them you'll go for it and they will see you really want it.
    The interviews are for the recruiters in the States, even people living beside the place have to do them.

Flash fiction is terrifying!

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »
    We're in the minority together! I think it's by far the best :)
    Yay! :D

Garak is by far one of my favourite trek characters ever, as is Quark. devious bastards :pac:

Hmmm... I don't mind DS9, but Benjamin Sisko is not as dreamy as Jean Luc Picard. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Was your name not on the front the box/envelope? Also, don't Amazon orders come in a box with Amazon printed on the box?

Yes. And yes. I think she just got excited thinking her book was here. Our names are nothing alike! (Well, we have the same surname like, but you couldn't possibly confuse our first names.)

She brought it down to a shop in town that does repairs though and the lady there thinks she can fix it, I won't get to see it til Sunday though. Fingers crossed!

Bio-oil is what I'd recommend for the pitting of your skin and it's good for skin tone and hydrating too. Just use it sparingly.

When you have open pores, toner is important as it helps to close the pores... So after your finished steaming then you need to make sure the pores are closed... I'd personally use a witchhazel toner just on the areas of open pores.

You don't mention if you're exfoliating -- if not you need to do this two times a week. Make sure the exfoliation is suitable for your skin... Eg, use beaded exfoliators on the congestion but not on cheeks if your prone to redness ect. You should steam after your exfoliation and once a week use a deep cleansing mask (basically a mask with kaolin in it) on the area - be careful to avoid getting kaolin masks on sensitive areas. Leave on for 10 minutes, remove it thoroughly and then use your toner.

Also don't mistake "open pores" for dehydration...

mmmph....mmmmph...bitch...whiiiiiiine....moan....

such a grumpy day :mad: go'way Thursday
    Ugh, I had a horrible and busy Thursday.
    Very glad it's over- and I'm off tomorrow. :)
    cross all your fingers and toes for me
    Crossed!! :D

Eg, use beaded exfoliators on the congestion but not on cheeks if your prone to redness ect.
    I went hell for leather using a strong exfoliator on my cheeks before and ended up with loads of broken veins there. Lesson learnt! :(

right so emailed the person who sent me the link and i know someone working there who said it happens and they should be able to sort it out, wont know till the morning though, ugh, I need a drink. am sitting here in a suit feelin classy lol

I spent a ridiculous amount on an AHA exfoliator that gave me a breakout. I freaked out as I have an impecible skincare routine and so started using the exfoliator more to get rid of the spot, and more was appearing so I did it even more convinced I was gonna end up Braille face. I had three or four spots but one was red raw from exfoliating every day, using sulpher on it ect... My tutor seen it and she's like "are you exfoliating", yes, I am. Twice a day! With an AHA!! She was absolutely horrified!! She was like you need to stop with that, immediately, and I did and within two weeks - no spots!

• Advertisement

right so emailed the person who sent me the link and i know someone working there who said it happens and they should be able to sort it out, wont know till the morning though, ugh, I need a drink. am sitting here in a suit feelin classy lol

Whiskey and Cigar!!!Also if you were to post a pic suited and booted in the KYLT I don't think there'd be complaints!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement