Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bluewolf - Yonka is amazing, but see if you can get the moisturiser testers before you spend a fortune on it. Get yourself some SPF too if you're investing so much on your skin.

One of my besties works with Yonka if you want me to see if she can get testers just let me know.

i probably should get the spf all right especially around my collarbone area that suffers the worst

i would loooove some testers :cool: <3
    they told me to use the 93 one

you're right though these need to be for specific recommendations, i have sensitive skin and can't use so much stuff but even i am ok with some stuff my friend found too harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Ok leave it with me re: testers and when I've sorted it, I'll get u to pm me Ur address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Thanks for the advice storminateacup ;)

I think I shall indeed get a mini facial at some point, and see how I go. also, if there's testers going, I'd really love some! :) pretty please :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Links234 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice storminateacup ;)

I think I shall indeed get a mini facial at some point, and see how I go. also, if there's testers going, I'd really love some! :) pretty please :D

i swear i dont work for them, but that salon currently has 40% off mini facials until 26th... :)

Hahah okay I'll see what i can do ladies and I'll get back to you when it's sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Thinking of going to an open audition for a play in college next week...would it be crazy!?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I would so love a facial right now.

Thinking of going to an open audition for a play in college next week...would it be crazy!?

crazy like a fox

gwan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

bluewolf wrote: »
    crazy like a fox

gwan :)

I'm typing up an email now to put my name down for it, the only session I can make might be busy so they've advised emailing ahead to be sure to be seen. Aaaahhhhh I'm scared :o:o

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I would so love a facial right now.

Same.

Wouldn't mind getting at myself with a galvanic machine. Nice guinot facial would be unreal. Unfortunately, if I did, it'd be fried fetus so I might try a Dermalogica or a Murad facial but i'd prefer a massage.

• Advertisement

i havent had one that does "extractions"

oo my fave moisturiser now comes with spf stuff
    yoink
    ill get that when my boots voucher arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Do it! :)

Feeling very meh this evening :( Would love some ben & jerrys and a trashy movie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Emmerdale is so sad tonight
    Aw, I just seen it there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Same.

Wouldn't mind getting at myself with a galvanic machine. Nice guinot facial would be unreal. Unfortunately, if I did, it'd be fried fetus so I might try a Dermalogica or a Murad facial but i'd prefer a massage.

I want one of those ones where they sandblast a layer of skin off. I look old.

I usually love massages but right now I'm so sore all over that I think I'd bite off any hand that attempted to touch me :o

has anyone been here for massage or facial?

http://www.himalayanbeauty.com/

I want to get a microderabrasion done at some point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Is there a polite way to tell someone not to be such a stupid, arrogant, selfish, self-involved bitch with an unjustifiably insulting outlook on others?

No?
    Guess I'll have to settle for staying quiet and waiting until I no longer have anything to do with them....

Microdermibrasion is amazing!! I can't get it done too much cause I've sensitive skin. Had a glycolic peel done last year and omg I'd never ever recommend that for anyone under the age of 40. Extractions are good but the steams not suitable for people with sensitive skin ...

Wow I need a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

bluewolf wrote: »

I did not know you were an actuary!

That's so cool. :D Do you mind me asking where (/how) you trained?

well its your job isnt it

i can waffle about excel and pension schemes if you want :pac:

going to best friend's tomorrow to eat & watch junk and it will be wonderful

and beers on saturday :cool:

ct, i just started the job one day 4.5 years ago after my msc and now i take professional exams twice a year which are horrible and impossible to pass

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    it always makes me happy that people find it interesting. what is it you learned from it? and also, if you have any questions I'm always happy to answer then, 'cos I'm sure there's loads of things that people are curious about that I'm not covering in the HRT log.
    I've learned everything from it- I never knew anything about what you're going through. I guess I always thought transgender people just went for an operation and changed overnight. :rolleyes: :o

Oh storm, it's cool to have all this info. it's really helpful, so be proud of it! :D

I could really do with some good skincare, my skin isn't in great shape at all, and after the electrolysis it's really bad for a while. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Why do girls take so long to get ready for a night out? I am the first to be ready..again. I don't understand why having a shower/getting dressed/putting make up on etc should take longer than half an hour. What do they be doing? :confused:

have shower
    prance around in towel deciding on and then trying on outfits
    take a while to do hair just so

put on some makeup
    realise it's not quite right and re-do it

decide outfit isn't quite right and change again

the end

You'd hate me Lia... I wouldn't be ready before 3.5 hours no way and that's me rushing.

3.5 hours are you crazy

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Why do girls take so long to get ready for a night out? I am the first to be ready..again. I don't understand why having a shower/getting dressed/putting make up on etc should take longer than half an hour. What do they be doing? :confused:
    It probably takes me half hour/ an hour max to get ready for going out. Most of that time would be showering and doing my hair.
    Back when I used to wear contact lenses it could take me the best part of an hour just to get the damn things in my eyes. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just ordered myself some chocolate nut protein. Can't wait to start cooking with it.

Includiing showering it would take me 1.5hrs to get ready. (Plus 30mins for tan the night before)

Posy wrote: »
    I've learned everything from it- I never knew anything about what you're going through. I guess I always thought transgender people just went for an operation and changed overnight. :rolleyes: :o
    you know, I used to think the exact same thing, like that a person would just get an operation down below and cosmetic surgery. that absolutely did not appeal to me at all! the idea of fake boobs repelled me and still does. and I thought that's just what trans women got, fake boobs, I just didn't imagine otherwise. TV shows and media in general do a really, really good job at completely misinforming people at what transgender people actually go through. so I'm super, super happy that I actually have boobs now and that are real, because it's something that I thought was completely impossible up to a couple of years ago.

tv is absolutely horrible for representation of trans people.

• Advertisement

shower, dry hair, hair straightener (sometimes), get dressed, put in earrings, watch episode of star trek, decide to try a different outfit :p I do take a little time sometimes :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement