Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

wvw depending on what server you play on, with the current wvw season a few guilds left some servers to go to others so they would get better rewards at the end, rather than focusing on pulling their own server up.

the server i play on has stayed in the same area even though we lost some big wvw guilds, which was nice to see.

class wise i dont know if any one class dominates wvw but i see a lot of guardians and ele`s play important roles in zergs, stability statics speed buffs empower.

if your after loot bags on a guardian use staff and spam 1 for plenty tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

It's good to know that nothing 'roflstomps' the rest of the game quite like the imfamous Rogues of WoW's TBC or even the Vanilla Shaman back in the day.

I'm playing on Blacktide with some IRL friends but finding a WvW guild is proving incredibly difficult. Does GW2 have a 'guild finder' similar to WoW, or even a general 'Looking for a guild' chat?

And finally, if I have a friend on another realm/server, can we play together in WvW?

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

alas your on a low end wvw server, once your server was top end for wvw but something happened idk what.

i play on Aurora glade and were having a bad week at wvw but were also facing FSP which is a server a couple of our wvw guilds went too.
    we float around the 11-16 area most of the time.

idk what its like on your server but their is always people spamming map chat recruiting for guilds, although with the mega servers now i suppose it might be a little bit harder in the normal world to find one, still plenty in wvw though on AG.
    And finally, if I have a friend on another realm/server, can we play together in WvW?

you could group up in the normal world, either by guesting on their server or now more easily with mega servers, but not in wvw you would have to transfer to another server for that, and then you would have to wait a week before being able to play wvw on that server.

if you had come back just before the current wvw season you could of got a transfer for free to one of the other servers or a gem transfer of different rates depending on that worlds wvw rankings.

Does GW2 have a 'guild finder' similar to WoW, or even a general 'Looking for a guild' chat?
    no their is no guild finder in game but /m chat usually has guild recruiting messages, especially in popular areas/main citys and vigil keep area (LA substitute since scarlet destroyed LA). to find a guild other than by /m chat in game you would have to look outside of the game, a quick google search throws up a few sites listing guilds but i cant vouch for any of them as i havent used them personally.

Edgey75 wrote: »
    http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

alas your on a low end wvw server, once your server was top end for wvw but something happened idk what.

When I first started playing, myself and my guildies (from Heresy) transferred from Gunnar's Hold and after some hard fought battles with various other guilds, we brought Blacktide to #1. I stopped soon after that as the guild fell apart in GW, mainly due to a lack of endgame content to keep us entertained between the WvW sessions, and it would appear that Blacktide has tumbled south since.

What's the time limit on the WvW match ups these days then? Hopefully I find a decent WvW focused guild to keep me entertained. I wonder if I should give WvW a bash even <level 20?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    When I first started playing, myself and my guildies (from Heresy) transferred from Gunnar's Hold and after some hard fought battles with various other guilds, we brought Blacktide to #1. I stopped soon after that as the guild fell apart in GW, mainly due to a lack of endgame content to keep us entertained between the WvW sessions, and it would appear that Blacktide has tumbled south since.

What's the time limit on the WvW match ups these days then? Hopefully I find a decent WvW focused guild to keep me entertained. I wonder if I should give WvW a bash even <level 20?

well you will be upscaled in wvw, ive levelled a few characters mainly in wvw as its a good way to get the exp if your following a zerg about and capping things all over.

http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/ if you click on your server it will show you times for world events, they drop a bonus chest each once per day and also the loot chest, plenty of world events going on so you can jump around the maps and get involved in these events for extra loot and goodies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

ALOT of people level up in WvW, because it's quite quick.

However I'd suggest using edge of the mists(when your colour is green, it sucks being blue/red.) And level up there, it's really quick and lots of karma to boot.

The new trait system makes uplevels fairly week in WvW, you really don't want to be solo roaming, and if your zerg ends up in a clash with another zerg you'll probably want to hide. Once level 40 or so things should get a bit better on that front.

But it's very common to be leveling up in WvW as it's one of the quicker options. And people want to get to level 80 asap now.
    __
    also party up whenever you go to WvW, just ask in map chat for a party, Especially in eotm or you won't get loot from killing the champs etc.

well you will be upscaled in wvw, ive levelled a few characters mainly in wvw as its a good way to get the exp if your following a zerg about and capping things all over.

http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/ if you click on your server it will show you times for world events, they drop a bonus chest each once per day and also the loot chest, plenty of world events going on so you can jump around the maps and get involved in these events for extra loot and goodies :D

time events are no longer server based.

The world bosses are a set to a schedule and temples are impossible to time now.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

I wasn't aware WvW gave so much XP! I'll definately have to give it a try tonight. I'm debating reviving my warrior too. Anybody here running a WvW warrior?

time events are no longer server based.

The world bosses are a set to a schedule and temples are impossible to time now.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

the timers still work though i have been using it daily, the only thing that doesnt work is the Megadestroyer event as it seems to be bugged but the timer works for it just the event fails no matter what, everything else bar the temples arrive bang on time, so even though its mega server now the timer still works its probably been set to the same across the board now.

leveling in wvw hasnt been a problem for me tbh ive ran a low level ele in zergs and ive survived well and its now at lvl 50 from 20 just from wvw.
    the exp from wvw scales with each level so it might not seem much if your only doing a few caps when your low level but if your in a good zerg thats constantly capping and doing the meta`s it starts to tick up rapidly.

ive not hidden on any of the low level characters i have, i play the same as i do with my 4 lvl 80`s and i dont always run in party

i used to main a warrior in wvw but i main guardian now in wvw as its the one i have com tags on, my warrior runs GS and S WH mainly but sometimes i swap war horn out for off hand mace, on all my characters i have a 20 slot bag just for spare weapons for that class so i can swap out depening on whats going on. GS S WH is definatly my fave set for warrior though as you have the GS for major damage bursts and the S WH combo has a leap attack and speed from the WH so its good for chasing down stragglers, war banner is usefull in a zerg as you can revive downed players by dropping it down, which can be very usefull in a zerg fight and swing back a fight thats looking bad.

• Advertisement

I played my first session of WvW last night. It was great! I played some as a Guardian, and a Warrior and as a Mesmer. I loved the levelling up to 80. Even as a fresh mesmer I was able to compete from within the zerg and managed a kill or two.

I'm thinking that a ranged class suits it best as melee seems to just attract those pesky arrow carts when you're trying to breach a gate. I do like the Mesmer style though so I'm going to play some more and see how I get on. Still guildless though. :'(

i have a mesmer at 80 but i dont play it much now i did most of its leveling in wvw though, fighting against mesmers is one of my pet hates besides theif backstab spam. all the clones and condi builds you always seem to run into get me annoyed at times, then i feel dirty and bad when i play the mesmer, for doing the same things i hate about fighting them :D

I'm gonna' give a Thief a bash tonight and see how it plays. Wish server transfers were still free. Blacktide WvW is shíte and just one giant zerg around the map.

I know they made a megaserver to aid PvE but the WvW servers should be merged for the sake of the game. It would be much better to have ~12/16 servers fighting it out instead of 20-odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I played my first session of WvW last night. It was great! I played some as a Guardian, and a Warrior and as a Mesmer. I loved the levelling up to 80. Even as a fresh mesmer I was able to compete from within the zerg and managed a kill or two.

I'm thinking that a ranged class suits it best as melee seems to just attract those pesky arrow carts when you're trying to breach a gate. I do like the Mesmer style though so I'm going to play some more and see how I get on. Still guildless though. :'(

Mesmer is very handy in WvW alright, in terms of usefulness. Portals... mmmm.

In terms of tagging large numbers of enemies and loot-bag-whoring as well as ranged damage - can't beat a staff Necro. You end up with insane amounts of loot bags after fights, and your condition damage does decent damage over time to large numbers of enemies. You also have condition removal for your allies, and boon-removal for your foes. I really enjoy it. The downside is you're squisy enough, but even then you have Death Shroud which will give you a few seconds of invincibility if you're caught in a melee.

Thieves aren't great in the WvW unless you're running around on your own - I found them next to useless in the Zerg. They're great fun in PvE though - once you get a handle on their stealth abilities.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Booted this up last night for the first time in a while, and really enjoyed it. Started a Char Warrior, and liking the personal story so far.

What are some of the best personal stories? I have two instant lvl20 scrolls, so plan on using them over the next few weeks with new characters.

Kiith wrote: »
    What are some of the best personal stories? I have two instant lvl20 scrolls, so plan on using them over the next few weeks with new characters.

Asuran thief, I found very good. Bit of time travel involved, which worked surprisingly well.

Subterfuge. Canni. Infinity ball. Statics. Charm.

They were my starting options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Booted this up last night for the first time in a while, and really enjoyed it. Started a Char Warrior, and liking the personal story so far.

I've played through a lot of the human starting stories. One I enjoyed by far is the circus option because....come on, you get to join the circus! So much craic, quest lines for that path are so much fun.

It's interesting to see the differences in your storyline friends as well, depending on whether you pick Nobility, Commoner, or Urchin as your background. Urchin seemed to be the grittiest so far, had to make one or two choices for that that made me wish I could reload a save game!

I've also played the "comedic" choice for the Norn, the one about getting black-out drunk and not remembering what you did, again, so much fun!

Playing Char Blood Legion with a traitor Shaman father. Cleared the lvl1-10, and became the Legionnare (pretty easily i might add) and enjoyed it so far. Looking forward to seeing what happens with daddy dearest.

Also played an Asura Thief originally, which was fun. They seem to move so much quicker than a Char as well...but that's just cause Char are huge. Going to roll two other character later and use the instant lvl20 boosts, and fly through the story quests. Definitely want to try the Norn hangover with probably an Engineer, and i'll roll a Necro something as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

first 20 levels of mesmer were pretty hard going at times (imo), so if you're considering one of them in the future, I'd hang onto a scroll..! :)

Yeah, i was thinking Mesmer or Engineer. Maybe a Sylvari Mesmer.

Are they fun to play? And how do they hold up in PvP?

Yeah, i was thinking Mesmer or Engineer. Maybe a Sylvari Mesmer.

Are they fun to play? And how do they hold up in PvP?

I've not played much PvP, but from listening to the lads in guild chat, Engineer is supposedly one of the strongest PvP 1v1 classes. Mesmer also does well, apparently. Why I don't know, since I've never played either.

• Advertisement

I've not played much PvP, but from listening to the lads in guild chat, Engineer is supposedly one of the strongest PvP 1v1 classes. Mesmer also does well, apparently. Why I don't know, since I've never played either.

you can either play engi or not play engi you got to have a certain mindset to be good at playing one in pvp.

i find most pvp players seem to be in order of most aperances ive seen gaurdians theifs rangers necro warrior ele
    i havent seen a lot of 1v1 action as someone always seems to jump in and help out, when i have seen 1v1 pvp its usually been in wvw and on one of the borderlands next to the windmill. i can honestly say ive not seen many engies doing 1v1.

have you seen that with the launch in china we all get to revisit some of the "best" livin world content?
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-the-festival-of-the-four-winds/?utm_source=client

time to head back to the Labyrinthine Cliffs and rage at falling to your deaths and crawl around the Crown Pavilion doing a ton of zerging for hopefully plenty of loot.

mesmers do well because of the clones, they are extremely annoying to fight as they switch in a clone into your target, forcing to try and target the real one again.

engies, and also necros do very well in pvp.

As a necro I have no bother holding my own against any class. (baring mesmers because I have **** targeting skills.)

engies do well because of their versatility.

so, anyone else having fun with the festival?

doylak race is adorable and good fun.
    Liadri pissed me off soooo much (120+ tries before I beat her ... lifesteal <3 ..)
    Boss Blitz has been decent loot wise, getting into a non zerging map has been a little annoying though

apart from grabbing a few bits after completing the acheivements ive not been on it much, guildwars already announced the next living world season though so that should be fun

yup season 2 on 1st July.

Should include more permanent content too.
    expectations is a new map or 2.

with the teaser being a portal i think that too, now question is which of the unused portals already in game is it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Getting excited for season 2 now, starts Tuesday! :)

So, anyone want to do the achieves together? or ye all soloing/doing it with guilds? :P
    __
    I actually found the LS ok, haven't tried out the achieves yet. (no boradband atm T_T..).

Wasn't a fan of that jumping puzzle + diving spot .... but wasn't too bad. friendly mesmers to get to the goggles, about 6 times diving before I landed in the water. Well, the very edge of it, died but still got the achieve :P ..;)
    Having to run back to the jp, was easily the most annoying thing.

loved the dancing llama XD.

it has been a fun enough patch. The new 'map', small area, seems to have a very low map population. If I had to guess, I'd say it hovers around 25-40 people.

Wasn't a fan of that jumping puzzle + diving spot .... but wasn't too bad. friendly mesmers to get to the goggles, about 6 times diving before I landed in the water. Well, the very edge of it, died but still got the achieve :P ..;)
    Having to run back to the jp, was easily the most annoying thing.

It was a pain in the tits alright.

I've done the JP, but getting up to the damn goggles is a pain, and I've missed the pool by inches several times.

The Living Story is pretty good alright, some very nice touches in the dialogue in Scarlets old room based off your race and class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Hi folks

I recently got into this and am on the Aurora Glade server. Is there a boardsie guild or any players on that server?

• Advertisement

Cravez wrote: »
    Hi folks

I recently got into this and am on the Aurora Glade server. Is there a boardsie guild or any players on that server?

No guild that I know of.

Servers only matter for NA/EU and WvW,
    All servers for pve(in their corresponding region) are combined, so you'll find most maps to have a decent number of players around :). Anet is also looking at fixing the issues that prevent players from using the guild bank from another server, (so, soon enough it won't be important for guilds at all, unless you WvW.)

I'm Taygus.4571 add me ingame if you want.
    I'm not playing too often atm and even less so once September comes round. ~back to college woo ): ..~,

GW2 generally has a friendly atmosphere, if you need help with anything, ask in map chat, and it's likely someone will come along and help.
    I'm in a large guild called "Grawlies Just Wanna Have Fun"(which is an AG guild), but they don't do much outside of guild missions. There's quite a few helpful people there though, so I can get you an invite until you find a guild that fits what you want. (if you'd like.)

Don't come back to GW2 is you want to level alts...lol

They have made some bizarre changes to leveling. No vista at early levels, no gathering nodes, and many hearts have been simplified, no TP merchant, no F1 skills for awhile.
    lolz

http://youtu.be/D-On3Ya0_4Y

They have made some bizarre changes to leveling. No vista at early levels, no gathering nodes, and many hearts have been simplified, no TP merchant, no F1 skills for awhile.
    lolz

What the ****?

Is this supposed to be better for new players?

Talk about dropping the ball...

What the ****?

Is this supposed to be better for new players?

Talk about dropping the ball...

Apparently many players quit before level15.

These changes are supposedly to make it easier for players to learn and stick with the game.

idk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lolz

The trait revamp already made alting more of a pain and now they pull this crap! How is cutting off content to low level players going to make them stick around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

hopefully its some sort of way to steamline it? as tbh, the only character I think I managed to max level was a ranger, as the leveling was such a chore. I presume xp reward is going to be bumped up as a knock on?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Devs have gone on mass defence of this update. Forums are flooded with angry players, and rightly so it seems. Being picked up by the likes of PC gamer now too.

Devs blaming bugs, misinformed players(Not about the timegateing though, the main issue), the test environment not working the same as the live environment, their metrics pointing to a change needed in the levelling up process etc..

It all stems from what they put in for the Chinese release. Basically the dumbing down of the game to help them ease in to a new market, and trying to shoe horn it into the EU/NA client to help retention of new players. Its backfired spectacularly.

Recently Anet have been accused of not listening to their core playerbase, especially with the new trait system, this just seems to be more of it. Anet has lost the plot if you ask me. For me it was when they decided to run with another season of the Living story instead of focusing on an expansion. For the first time in 2 years I think ill be uninstalling the client,even though I haven't really played it in about 3 or 4 months now.

For the record I actually really enjoyed the levelling up an alt on the old system and is what kept me involved(No interest in legendary grinding).

Wossack wrote: »
    hopefully its some sort of way to steamline it? as tbh, the only character I think I managed to max level was a ranger, as the leveling was such a chore. I presume xp reward is going to be bumped up as a knock on?

only from lv1-15. However, you also have less sources of experience gain, so I don't how that works out.

Many find leveling more of grind.

But there are also quite a few people who are really liking it, so I don't know.

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Devs have gone on mass defence of this update. Forums are flooded with angry players, and rightly so it seems. Being picked up by the likes of PC gamer now too.

Devs blaming bugs, misinformed players(Not about the timegateing though, the main issue), the test environment not working the same as the live environment, their metrics pointing to a change needed in the levelling up process etc..

It all stems from what they put in for the Chinese release. Basically the dumbing down of the game to help them ease in to a new market, and trying to shoe horn it into the EU/NA client to help retention of new players. Its backfired spectacularly.

Recently Anet have been accused of not listening to their core playerbase, especially with the new trait system, this just seems to be more of it. Anet has lost the plot if you ask me. For me it was when they decided to run with another season of the Living story instead of focusing on an expansion. For the first time in 2 years I think ill be uninstalling the client,even though I haven't really played it in about 3 or 4 months now.

For the record I actually really enjoyed the levelling up an alt on the old system and is what kept me involved(No interest in legendary grinding).

Apparently the Chinese were not happy with this leveling at all, either. All the time gating.
    So it wasnt just for the Chinese. Perhaps they did do metrics, but how those metrics were read. Could mean anything.

__
    I am actually very happy with the new LS, Alot of players are. It will depend on, how much content they release though I suppose.

The traits were an attempt to be like GW1, but the fecked up badly. And it disappointed that they still havent made changes to it.

I suppose I'm also not too bothered, with college starting, I wont really have time to play XD

• Advertisement

_Puma_ wrote: »

I'm the same. I have 6 characters, 4 level 80s and two mid 30/40 chars. And I was enjoying levelling my engineer. I won't be creating any new characters, that's for sure.

I wonder if they'll learn from this and re-visit some of the changes. I really hope they do, I've been off GW2 for a month or two now, but that's how I play it. I take breaks and then come back and play it religiously for a few weeks. I hope that it doesn't die out as a result of these kind of changes.

i have a shed load of those experince things that take a new toon up to lvl 20 right away on use, i think i got them from some chest ages ago ive only ever used one of them and the rest will probably not get used, shame their account bound, or i could probably make a killing off them now leveling is a pta.

i still dont know how i feel about how the game has gone and is going, i kind of still play but not to the extent i was playing. i got to say though i do like the new backpacks you can craft, ive so far done a few of them on my toons that ive maxed out crafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorin

Just got UPC as ISP and somehow Trading Post is not working. Getting the net::err_timed_out error. If I`m changing for Tesco connection, it works just fine. Any ideas why this is happening ?

dorin wrote: »
    Just got UPC as ISP and somehow Trading Post is not working. Getting the net::err_timed_out error. If I`m changing for Tesco connection, it works just fine. Any ideas why this is happening ?
    do you have a firewall on your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorin

Well, firewall is on low and IPv6 firewall is on as well. I got them down, but no change. Though I did not restart the router after those changes as long I wasn`t asked to.

i have a shed load of those experince things that take a new toon up to lvl 20 right away on use, i think i got them from some chest ages ago ive only ever used one of them and the rest will probably not get used, shame their account bound, or i could probably make a killing off them now leveling is a pta.

I'm hoping there's an update in the next while that will allow you to make these into "20 level ups" rather than "level the first 20 levels". At this stage, my 3 non-80 alts would be instantly max level if they let us do that. There was talk of instant level 60/80 scrolls a while back, around the 2 year birthday period, but it petered out.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping there's an update in the next while that will allow you to make these into "20 level ups" rather than "level the first 20 levels". At this stage, my 3 non-80 alts would be instantly max level if they let us do that. There was talk of instant level 60/80 scrolls a while back, around the 2 year birthday period, but it petered out.

more than talks, the link code is IN the game.

but yeah nothing.

It would be nice if they were +20 levels, but unlikely too, use them to key farm xd

more than talks, the link code is IN the game.

but yeah nothing.

It would be nice if they were +20 levels, but unlikely too, use them to key farm xd

ive used a stock pile of them up recently doing this netted some bl scraps a bl ticket and some rare dyes the rest was just boosts and such

ive used a stock pile of them up recently doing this netted some bl scraps a bl ticket and some rare dyes the rest was just boosts and such

I know, I key farm often enough, the bl chests are a bit better than they use to be.

Just no point holding on to lv20 scrolls "in the hope of".

I know, I key farm often enough, the bl chests are a bit better than they use to be.

Just no point holding on to lv20 scrolls "in the hope of".
    yeah that was my thoughts and they were taking up valuable space. i have a character for every class in game and atleast one each of all races.

keyfarming human poor street urchin even without a scroll it only takes a bit of running around queensdale, to get to lvl 10 now and be able to start the storyline, warrior or guardian fly through it. home instance kick the bandits heads in, go save the apocrathy place, go the bandit hideout, stop the doc poisening water, back to home instance kick bandits heads in, to the bank to drop your shiney key off and delete and repeat.

keyfarming human poor street urchin even without a scroll it only takes a bit of running around queensdale, to get to lvl 10 now and be able to start the storyline, warrior or guardian fly through it. home instance kick the bandits heads in, go save the apocrathy place, go the bandit hideout, stop the doc poisening water, back to home instance kick bandits heads in, to the bank to drop your shiney key off and delete and repeat.

How long does that take, out of curiousity?

Not going to do it, but I'm interested nonetheless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement