Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Strange by the Lions, Hill has easily proven himself one of the best back-ups in the league, why would they even be looking at QBs? I'd prefer to over-pay for Hill rather than get Garrard for cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Syferus wrote: »
    Strange by the Lions, Hill has easily proven himself one of the best back-ups in the league, why would they even be looking at QBs? I'd prefer to over-pay for Hill rather than get Garrard for cheap.

I think Hill wants to see if he can get a starting place. And the Lions cap situation ain't friendly so perhaps they don't want to overpay for Hill. If they can get Garrard on the dirt cheap I'll be a happy Lion fan.

Ennio

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bradon Meriweather has signed with the Redskins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bradon Meriweather has signed with the Redskins.

This made me lol -

RT @darrengant
    Apparently funding Garcon contract with money saved on film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Giants sign TE Martellus Bennett (1 year, $2.5 million):

Very pleased with this move from the Giants. Not much money and a guy who has potential to be a very good TE. With the injuries to Beckum and Ballard we needed some help here and Bennett has shown flashes of ability. Good move :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Marcus Trufant to visit Denver tomorrow. Also, Jason La Canfora has leaked that Titans and Denver are not only in a bidding war over Manning but John Abraham too, it's just in the back burner with the manning situation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers have released shawante Spencer cab. This frees up $3million in cap space so the dream of signing Wallace is still on.

I think they now have about $20million in cap space but still need to sign alex smith, a guard and a wide receiver, plus will need to sign their draft picks too, so maybe Wallace will not be possible but I still think that this is a good move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens lose

Jarrett Johnson OLB San Diego :(
    Cory Redding DE Indianapolis :(
    Ben Grubbs LG New Orleans :(

I look with envy at the cap room in Cincinnati

JJ, a Raven forever left with words to say
    In an interview with the Ravens' flagship radio station WBAL, it was suggested that Johnson's departure is less painful because he didn't go to the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts or Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I told everybody if I went to Pittsburgh, I would've had to throw up on my jersey every time we played," Johnson told the radio station.

I approve of this message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Titans sign OG Steve Hutchinson formerly of the Vikings to a three year deal.
    Got to imagine this a ploy to entice Manning to sign for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Titans sign OG Steve Hutchinson formerly of the Vikings to a three year deal.
    Got to imagine this a ploy to entice Manning to sign for them.

Or to fix a horrendous run blocking o- line for the leagues highest paid RB seeing as they lost Jake Scott to free agency. Can't hurt though, if they got Saturday and Manning, then the three of them would be quite the brain trust. Even if they miss out on Manning, Hutchinson was a necessary pick up.

• Advertisement

Will the Bills target a wide out like Floyd in the draft with the signing of Williams or could it be an OT like Reiff or Martin?

Patriots sign safety Steven Gregory, formerly of the Chargers to 3 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Love what the Chargers done this FA.
    Hardwick, Meachem, Gaither, Johnson, McClain all for same price of Jackson against the cap.
    Eddie Royal on the way too.

So Safety, Guard, and Pass rusher in draft.

Really looking forward to seeing Mathews running with McClain blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos signed FS Mike Adams - Cleveland

Is he any good? Know very little about him.. Marcus Trufant if we get him would be a great coup

Dan Connolly remains a Patriot which is excellent news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

spiralism wrote: »

Is he any good? Know very little about him.. Marcus Trufant if we get him would be a great coup
    64 tackles, 3 ints, 1 forced fumble last year.

Good in pass coverage and a major upgrade on current roster. I agree that Trufant would also be a good signing.

Broncos also looking at John Abraham.

Good in pass coverage and a major upgrade on current roster. I agree that Trufant would also be a good signing.

Broncos also looking at John Abraham.

Not sure what i make of Abraham, he's a situational pass rusher that looks on the decline. Jason Jones would be more in our line imo

I'd be a big fan of this move, however:
    Aaron Wilson

@RavensInsider

Ravens free agent LB Jameel McClain is going to visit the Denver Broncos, according to NFL sources.

Jameel McClain is a fine young linebacker.
    Came as an UDFA, fought his way onto the roster, then beat out third round pick Tavaras Gooden for starting job.
    And when Ray Lewis was out injured, McClain became leader and took over the playcalls and did a fine job.

Not the best in coverage and not a top level linebacker but a good young player who can keep on improving.

I don't know the Broncos cap room but it's sure to be more then the Ravens who have very little at all and other players to get signed

Another player that would be missed if he moves on :(

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Jameel McClain is a fine young linebacker.
    Came as an UDFA, fought his way onto the roster, then beat out third round pick Tavaras Gooden for starting job.
    And when Ray Lewis was out injured, McClain became leader and took over the playcalls and did a fine job.

Not the best in coverage and not a top level linebacker but a good young player who can keep on improving.

I don't know the Broncos cap room but it's sure to be more then the Ravens who have very little at all and other players to get signed

Another player that would be missed if he moves on :(

I really liked the look of him any time i seen him play. We've 49 million cap and used none of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I was really annoyed at this as were most Cleveland fans. He always seemed to be the most liked guy in the locker room and from following him on twitter it was clear he wanted to stay, almost embarrassingly begging for a new deal.

When TJ Ward went down early he came in and played his heart out till the end. Never gave up on a play.

Ward looks a great safety but old injury concerns he had in college have come back to haunt him and that is not good.

Any Bengals fans on here?
    Your thoughts on Frostee Rucker leaving and coming over to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

This is why I don't follow the Salary cap and all it's machinations:
    inside the numbers of Calvin Johnson's contract

Eddie Royal has left to join the Chargers.

I know this might not be big news in the overall free agency news frenzy, but I loved Royal and felt (feel) he could be a very good receiver. Denver did not get the best out of him in my opinion.

His rookie year with Cutler throwing to him, showed wht he could do, and he is a good punt/kick returner to boot.

Would have liked to see him reunite with Shanahan or Cutler (and out of the division)
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20184982/eddie-royal-leaves-broncos-sign-rival-chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Is anyone else disappointed that Mario Williams joined the Bills?

I feel a player of his skill and standing should have gone to a team with a chance of winning. I know in the end it was his choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

etloveslsd wrote: »

I feel a player of his skill and standing should have gone to a team with a chance of winning. I know in the end it was his choice.

some players want a sb some want money hes the latter.
    having said that there d line looks unreal this year they could be a dark horse for the playoffs.

the lb market is slowwwwww apparently there all looking for silly money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

I think he wanted a certain level of contract and they paid the money but in articles on their chase of Williams he was very detailed on how the defence would be and with Kyle Williams , Dareus and himself , they will get after the passer.

If the defence plays well it would probably mean a winning season , much like Detroit a mean defence will turn things around . I dont think he would have joined if they werent going to significantly improve on defence . Fitz as a QB still causes doubts but if the defence puts him in a position to win much like the 49ers good things can happen

As to Frostee Rucker he is serviceable but it was big money for someone who doesnt get sacks . At low money what was wrong with Matt Roth , Mark Anderson or Andre Carter. Hell they could wait on Fridays release of Raider Kamerion Wimbley , 3 times the sacks to Rucker

neilster wrote: »
    . Fitz as a QB still causes doubts but if the defence puts him in a position to win much like the 49ers good things can happen

i think he can be better than people realise i thought he played pretty well last year intelligent guy with a very quick release. bills would be very dangerous if they didnt trade lynch to the Seahawks

Panthers sign Haruki Nakamura Safety from the Ravens

Special teams ace
    Good young player, never started a game in four years but hey, no shame in backing up Ed Reed.

Had a look at the Panthers forum and they reckon he has a strong shot of becoming starter there. I don't know much about the Panthers secondary

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Panthers sign Haruki Nakamura Safety from the Ravens

Special teams ace
    Good young player, never started a game in four years but hey, no shame in backing up Ed Reed.

Had a look at the Panthers forum and they reckon he has a strong shot of becoming starter there. I don't know much about the Panthers secondary

and what a player to learn from

• Advertisement

I was disappointed, yep. But maybe he can help the Bills make the jump with their improving D and they went on a tear early in the year with Fitzpatrick. Still would have liked to see him go to a playoff ready team (whatever that might mean in the NFL!)

Advertisement