Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen - how was it for you?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

did anyone see my friend singing there,tara blaise, and what ya think?,i couldnt go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

"Biggest disappointment was bright eyes cancelling! Really pissed off at that"

http://www.nme.com/news/112852.htm

Check out the link,brighteyes made a bit of a c*nt of himself at glasto & cancelled all subsequent festival gigs
    now hes playing the " i cant remember much to be honest" card
    which is funny cos this review almost revels in what they obviously thought was a calculated part of the act!
    http://www.ukmusicsearch.co.uk/glastonbury/glastonbury2005/bright-eyes.htm

Definitely NOT festival fit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

only 3 words to describe this fella, NOT FESTIVAL FIT :rolleyes:

:p im just getting too old...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Libero wrote:
    Also going by newspaper reports, Cormac Battle of Kerbdog said something like "these guys are triple time to sit on their arses all day. Let's give them something to work at". Cue big mosh and security freaking out

The security guys at Kerbdog were laughing away at what Cormac was saying and having a grand time when people started to mosh. They certainly didnt freak out.
    only 3 words to describe this fella, NOT FESTIVAL FIT

Id call myself festival fit after camping at multiple music festivals but Im never camping in Oxegen again. Campsite was the worst mess Ive ever seen. The camper mentality appeared to be to outdo each other in being as inconsiderate to everyone around as possible. Apparently courtesy and being civilised goes out the window once you are in a field and ****ting and pissing anywhere you feel like is ok. Its a shame because in the Arena people were extremely friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

You mean "Tara Blay-uz" as self-advertised on Lyric FM. Nice soft-focus photos on the website :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

or should that be tara ldarion ?? ;)
    when was she playing? i wouldve gone & given her a severe telling off about the wonky lampshade in one of her promo pics.
    Did she used to be in some band that were all over the radio back in 98 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

D-Generate wrote:
    Band Highlights were

Kerbdog - Great crowd with many friends and brilliant atmosphere. They also interacted well with the crowd

Jimmy Eat World - Lots of crowd singing and very good set with well known songs that would make anyone move.

Audioslave had a very good set also, especially the acoustic Black Hole Sun. Pretty classy!

Best set had to be New Order's though. Sumner is quite the funny man and its great to see 40 year olds belting out great tracks. Muchos dancing and muchos singing. Very good sounding also. What better crowd interaction than getting them to vote for their next song!?
    Hopefully they will now come here alone rather than supporting some group whose fans won't care about seeing them, e.g RHCP fans at Landsdown Rd.

I was at that gig in landsdown rd, right up the front of the pit. It really was a poor choice to have new order there, i thought (in my opinion) they totally sucked ass but i'm not into them anyway but neither were the other 30-40,000 people there.
    I actually felt sorry for them at one stage

i wouldve gone & given her a severe telling off about the wonky lampshade in one of her promo pics.

I like the way they've been photoshopped into 'polaroid' frames and blue 'handwriting' added, for that 'here's a couple of snaps of me taken by a friend' as opposed to 'here's €3000 worth of professional photography to try and sell my 6th form poetry on my looks'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

The best for me were The Prodigy (as always), James Brown, Kaiser Chiefs (not a fan but they were class), Mylo (though this is the fourth time he's done that same set in the past 6 months), James Brown, Killers...

Spent most of my time in the dance tent. The Spirit DJ's were brilliant.

Great weekend but think it'll be my last Oxegen outing, it was full of 15 year olds! Roll on Electric Picnic...maybe I won't feel so old there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Biggest disappointment was bright eyes cancelling! Really pissed off at that. :mad:

Yeah you're not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kingsize wrote:
    or should that be tara ldarion ?? ;)
    yes i am infact a woman and my friend :)
    Kingsize wrote:
    when was she playing? i wouldve gone & given her a severe telling off about the wonky lampshade in one of her promo pics.
    lol looked at the lampshade,surely it's an accident ;) gotta love those spur of the moment 'polaroids' :rolleyes:
    she was playing on saturday or so i'm told.

magpie wrote:
    'here's €3000 worth of professional photography to try and sell my 6th form poetry on my looks'.
    i tend to go for the amazing voice rather than the mazing looks but whatever sells i guess :)

"yes i am infact a woman and my friend "

I wasnt sure if you were just being coy or not ;)
    i wouldve checked her out at oxegen if i'dve known...

i wouldve checked her out at oxegen if i'dve known...

Apparently she had trouble pouting and singing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

I thought audioslave doing killing in the name of was fuppin' amazing, definitely my highlight.

magpie wrote:
    Apparently she had trouble pouting and singing at the same time.
    haha,she'll enjoy hearing me say that..me likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I didnt get to go to oxygen and it in my eyes was the best lineup ever to hit ireland.

With regards to QOTSA's defence, mark lanegan is in a very bad state atm, the chaps ment to be hangin on his last thread healthwise - which is a major bad buzz for queens. I suppose if you dont listen to queens your not gonna like it like someone who does - apparently, the people who ive talked to about the gig who like queens said it was absolutly unreal, and that they dedicated Burn the witch(my fav song) to mark.

'Jessy the Devil' (the chap who kept saying stuff for the girls) from eagles of deathmetal was spotted stumblin around the festival about 10 times by some mates of mine. Eagles of deathmetal started off with josh homme (qotsa) as the drummer, which is prolly where 1/2 the crowed came from. IMO Eagles of deathmetal are amazing, i love em and i cant wait for 'death by sexy'.

Death from above 1979 another GREAT band, which apparently the gig was empty - silly silly people, THATS a gig you wanna see!

I saw Tom Vek there 2/3 months ago in wheelans, defo would have gone to see him at oxygen alongside watching Brendan Benson.

Greenday did their usual set from what i was told - so nothing special missed coz imo their 'new' set with their new songs is nothing special to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Audioslave and Foo Fighters were fcuking amazing, everything I expected and more.

'Killing In The Name Of' was by far the highlight!

Fcuk You, I wont do what you tell me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

red_ice wrote:
    'Jessy the Devil' (the chap who kept saying stuff for the girls) from eagles of deathmetal was spotted stumblin around the festival about 10 times by some mates of mine.

Ah I thought it was him! I saw him walking (fast!) past Jungle River on the way to the New Band\Dance\Ticket Stage talking to some guy and did a double-take but figured it wasn't him, thanks for confirming it.

ohh it was him alright - if that was me, i would have gone n bought the chap a drink!

• Advertisement

He was walking very fast though, in the opposite direction to me. There was no time to buy him a drink so it would have required surrendering mine which I wasn't going to do. ;)

for jessie the devil and all his glory i would gladly surrender my pint! Your a disgrace! :p

*hangs head in shame*

but, but... I didn't know!

haha for your pennance sing 'so easy' 10 times and follow it up by whore hoppin'!

maybe you can be forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lemons

i say that it was not bad line-up but greenday are **** :D

Consider it done!-

They played a great set though, it was very enjoyable.

lemons wrote:
    i say that it was not bad line-up but greenday are **** :D

i totally agree!

Yea 0utshined, eagles are great - we do a few of their tracks, great fun to play in all its simplicity!

Lets just pray when queens come back... THEY WILL COME BACK! Jessie will open for em!

Advertisement