Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

who in fcuks name invented the sleeping bag??!!!

ive just spent the last 20 minutes trying to squeeze a massive one into the tonmy bag it came from!!

im actually shattered after it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

who in fcuks name invented the sleeping bag??!!!

ive just spent the last 20 minutes trying to squeeze a massive one into the tonmy bag it came from!!

im actually shattered after it!!

once they're out of the cover bag they can never be rolled up to their original size, they somehow defy the laws of physics once opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pixie, why does your college have a bouncy castle?

i want a bouncy castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've said it before and I'll say it again, wedding forums scare me. Crazy wimmins, not talking about anything to do with weddings.

• Advertisement

Gah, very tempting livingsocial deal of the day. I love me some cooking utensils!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Pixie, why does your college have a bouncy castle?

because i go to a special college.....

i dunno every year there is one there on the last day of the year! i think its because i go to such a small college!
    they also had a bouncy obstacle course, one of thoses bouncy slides and gladiator thing!!

jealous much??!! :D

krudler wrote: »
    once they're out of the cover bag they can never be rolled up to their original size, they somehow defy the laws of physics once opened.

it just doesnt make sense!!

its now all lumpy and has an awkward shape!

jealous much??!! :D
    Once we got free Ben and Jerry's in NUIG. That's all I have. Yes, I am terribly jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks for the PMs for the Titanic movie. I just saw Kate Winslet's boobs! :eek:

• Advertisement

Once we got free Ben and Jerry's in NUIG. That's all I have. Yes, I am terribly jealous.

but its free ice-cream!! ice cream is awesome! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Going to sign the lease on the new house tomorrow, so excited :) Has cheered me up no end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eating noises grrrrr.

And when that person who's eating starts talking trying to chew a mouth full of, with one finger over their lips, saying one or two words, then breatheing heavily while chewing, and then trying to continue whatever it is they are (trying) to say but not being able to because their mouth is so full.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Boyfriend coming over soon, can't wait to see him <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still want to keep studying. Don't really know what has brought this on but how and ever. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Took the kids to the park, husband went for his 3rd last oncology check up, all good. Went to my neighbours house for an hour his just out of hospital has bone, lung and liver cancer, his a shadow of his former self, his refusing any more chemo so its only a matter of time now :(

Ive offered any help that i can give, when the kids go back to school and his wife is at work i can call in on him and keep him company and even cook him food if his up to eating, his been our neighbour for 7 years... gonna miss the guy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've been so good this year, saving. So today I went on a lil tiny spending spree and now I feel very happy. :) Pretty things everywhere! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Omg. having such a lazy day today!
    i've a massive bruise on my left elbow from last night, i've a ball at the end of the month and i'm so annoyed with myself!
    i still have to buy a dress yet!! argh!!

Just got an email to say the Early Bird offer for the Nursing congress in Mullingar has been extended and I've already paid the higher rate and there's €30 in the difference. Is it rude to email and ask if there's any chance of a refund of the difference??

just out of a relaxing shower abd now im cooking broccoli and potato cakes! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just got an email to say the Early Bird offer for the Nursing congress in Mullingar has been extended and I've already paid the higher rate and there's €30 in the difference. Is it rude to email and ask if there's any chance of a refund of the difference??

Nope, I'd definitely go for it! But maybe ring if you can? I think it's harder to say no to a real human voice than an impersonal email. Might as well try though, what've you got to lose?

• Advertisement

i'd ring and be nice

ringing and being nice always works

i dont know what i want for dinner
    someone's post in the food thread put takeaway into my head but i had one last week and i dont usually eat them more than like once every couple months

Nope, I'd definitely go for it! But maybe ring if you can? I think it's harder to say no to a real human voice than an impersonal email. Might as well try though, what've you got to lose?

Yeah true.. It's a voluntary organisation sort of though so very difficult to get anybody on the phone there, I tried about something else before. Think I'll chance the email and leave my phone number on it..

oh man that coconut slice was awesome

keep your dinner now, i'm done :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh man that coconut slice was awesome

keep your dinner now, i'm done :cool:
    Sounds intriguing. Like some kind of coconut cake thing?

Sounds intriguing. Like some kind of coconut cake thing?

it was a bit like this
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7FmV7Q0eY-o/Sh086PWe36I/AAAAAAAAAPg/BvqkaAf9708/s400/bakersoven3.jpg

i emailed a lecturer earlier asking for my essay results and he said he cant give thme to me via email but he can call me with them
    so he asks for my number and a time i can take it......im a little creeped out
    hahahahahaha

suppose i do need them since the first exam is his one??!

he probs doesn't want to put it in writing maybe

OH MY GOD how can it take him 1.5 hours to cook a steak and roast some feckin veg? I asked him at 6.30 to cook it, he tells me it'll be 8 before it's done. Veg takes 20 mins to cook, steak takes a few minutes, how in the name of Jesus can it take that long?? He did spend 20 minutes playing computer games before he started, y'know, like a fucking teenager, instead of just making it. I'm so hungry, I would've cooked it myself if I'd known he could even feck this up, I'm sick of cooking every day, as if I don't spend enough time in that fecking kitchen.

Grrrrr. Supermacs is looking better and better.

The local Youth Centre are having a bake sale on Sunday to raise money and I said I'd help out by making some things so that's my day sorted for tomorrow. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

i'd ring and be nice

ringing and being nice always works

i dont know what i want for dinner
    someone's post in the food thread put takeaway into my head but i had one last week and i dont usually eat them more than like once every couple months

Definitely ring and be nice. With an e-mail you might sound like you're being demanding or whatever because there's no "tone" to it, whereas with a phone call they'll hear your voice and understand you better. Good luck

Definitely ring and be nice. With an e-mail you might sound like you're being demanding or whatever because there's no "tone" to it, whereas with a phone call they'll hear your voice and understand you better. Good luck

I've already emailed but I think I might ring next week anyway. I didn't think of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Back from the shops and I managed to only buy a CD and Easter Eggs for people. I think I'm getting good and this whole not buying thing. It's a gorgeous day outside I might take another walk before it goes away.

Oh I'm fed up of people annoying me, just fed up. People really don't care how I feel and only contact me when they f**king want to whinge about their own lives. It's a different story when I need someone though. :(

Are you OK Jane? You can PM me if you want to x *Hugs*

Ah I'm ok.. People think they can pick at me all day and expect me not to be in a bad mood. I sent my bf a text but he hasn't replied, I don't want to be annoying him. :(

• Advertisement

so one of my friends is really mad at me and you know what i dont care at this stage
    i have too much to worry about than him with exams and thesis stuff
    he is mad at me that im not going to a 21st but he was staying in the house anyway not mine and he knows everyone there
    it not my fault that i am fcuk broke

screw him! :mad:

why would someone actually be mad you're not going to a party? :confused::confused:
    i thought at first you meant it was his 21st

why would someone actually be mad you're not going to a party? :confused::confused:
    +1.

He seriously needs to get a grip. You don't have to attend every party, regardless of whether you are broke or not.

If he knew everyone there then why the hell is he mad at you for not going?

Tell him to grow up IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tomorrow I'm off to a fancy hotel with Mr Pear for the weekend, can't wait! Really should start packing but the couch is oh so comfy :D

Hoho, anyone remember when I was in the paper and some work peers slated me over it? One has just set herself up rightly, contradicting everything they said and agreeing with me, she just hasn't realised yet, I am ready and poised to catch her...revenge is sweet! :D

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    Hoho, anyone remember when I was in the paper and some work peers slated me over it? One has just set herself up rightly, contradicting everything they said and agreeing with me, she just hasn't realised yet, I am ready and poised to catch her...revenge is sweet! :D

bake a custard pie and throw it in her face after for comedic effect :pac:

+1.

He seriously needs to get a grip. You don't have to attend every party, regardless of whether you are broke or not.

If he knew everyone there then why the hell is he mad at you for not going?

Tell him to grow up IMO.

i know right?! he is being an absolute child i know its just a house party type 21st but there is no way i am walking home for half an hour by myself at night in dublin
    i cant afford a taxi home by myself or drink for that matter thats how broke i am!
    im just going to let him on coz i dont care at this stage
    i wouldnt mind but i apologized and everything
    i did promise him i would go but stuff comes up that is beyong your control you know?!
    UGH!!! :mad:

Oh lads my blood is actually boiling all over again, grrrr.

What's up Acoshla??

i know right?! he is being an absolute child i know its just a house party type 21st but there is no way i am walking home for half an hour by myself at night in dublin
    i cant afford a taxi home by myself or drink for that matter thats how broke i am!
    im just going to let him on coz i dont care at this stage
    i wouldnt mind but i apologized and everything
    i did promise him i would go but stuff comes up that is beyong your control you know?!
    UGH!!! :mad:
    You apologized? :eek:

What on earth for? Just because he is going to the party does not for one second mean that you have to go too. Regardless of whether you have €2, €200 or €2,000.

He needs to get a grip on reality, he shouldn't expect you or anyone else to attend parties just because he is going to be there.

What's up Acoshla??

Just the whole thing is kind of being brought up again, I'm actually being proven right but nobody will admit that. Sorry if that's all cryptic, don't want to say too much. Basically, I'm right, they're wrong, na na na boo boo, stick their heads in doodoo!!!

You apologized? :eek:

What on earth for? Just because he is going to the party does not for one second mean that you have to go too. Regardless of whether you have €2, €200 or €2,000.

He needs to get a grip on reality, he shouldn't expect you or anyone else to attend parties just because he is going to be there.

yea i did but thats what im like :o

he is actually making me really mad now i really want to punch him in the face!
    im going back on a promise but wtf if that was me id be like its ok dont worry about it...he just doesnt understand and it pisses me off completely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just the whole thing is kind of being brought up again, I'm actually being proven right but nobody will admit that. Sorry if that's all cryptic, don't want to say too much. Basically, I'm right, they're wrong, na na na boo boo, stick their heads in doodoo!!!

Acoshla is this the same cow that was jealous and bitching about your article? Tell her to go suck a monkeys. You have worked damn hard to get to where you are, feck the begrudgers.

Pixie-Fairy, I'm like that with the whole apologising thing too.. I dunno why but I'm one of those people who'd nearly say sorry for saying sorry... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

*I don't know if it's just me, but it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when a friend tells you something is really getting them down, you ask what it is and they reply, "Oh, just family stuff" (or whatever). So you leave it, thinking they don't want to get into it and just say that you hope they're okay. And then they open up slightly more about it but you still have no idea what's going on.

Seriously, why can't people either tell you something straight out or just not tell you at all? Drives me insane. It's like playing a guessing game with a child who just hasn't learned how to communicate effectively yet.

*I should horrible and uncaring and unsympathetic!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement