The Breast Feeding Support Thread - Page 286 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-03-2015, 10:48   #4276
veggie newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandr10 View Post
Yeah I lnow what you mean. You try now even if you're breastfeeding getting your partner to take her and wind/settle her after the feed. No harm to let him find his own ways of doing things. I think that's a big part of it really is letting go of the idea that that's the only way she'll go asleep. Other people will be able to settle her it'll just take time for them to figure out what works. Hope that makes sense. I do remember it being s big concern of mine a few months back. Then my mam managed to get her asleep on the living room floor so I stopped worrying
Omg sooooo true, any time my other half takes her, I cant help butting in with 'try this, that and t'other.'.. Or, telling him what she does/doesn't like.... Then if he doesn't listrn, I just want to take her back to comfort her even though it was me who asked him to take her in the first place! I def need to let go & let him find his way, hard as it is. Good advice, thank you! Seems so obvious but sometimes I guess we just need to be told! Thank you!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2015, 18:41   #4277
Marz66

Edited-wrong thread sorry!

While im here, I am the one who settles baby to sleep here. Do you wait until you need to be away before dad learns his own way to settle, or do you let dad figure out his own way now so you are prepared and can share bedtime routine?

I don't feed to sleep (cos baby is still awake now after feeds) but BF still comes into the routine when bubs looks for it.

Last edited by Marz66; 21-03-2015 at 18:45.
21-03-2015, 19:13   #4278
Fagashlil

Daddy's always done the settling here! I'd a section and burst my stitches after a week, so I used to just feed and he'd do everything else, now he only sees baba for an hour in the evening so bedtime is their thing, I left them to figure it out.
21-03-2015, 22:46   #4279
Marz66

That sounds like a nice way of doing things fagashlil!
Thanks from:
22-03-2015, 20:44   #4280
Fagashlil

Freezing milk

Have started pumping again, pud is 22 weeks tomorrow so want to start a stash for mixing with his food. Pumped 3oz yesterday evening after his bedtime feed, asked hubby to put it in the fridge, and he left it in the fridge door, I only realised this morning when I went to add to it and freeze it. Is it still ok to freeze milk that's been stored in the door?
Advertisement
06-04-2015, 11:26   #4281
cyning

I've day weaned S: and I'm finding it so difficult! I know that sounds ridiculous but she's pulling at my top and gets so upset... It's not helped by the fact she won't drink milk only water, so can't get comfort from say a cup of milk or anything. I know I had to wean her before she bit my nipples off, or I lost the plot from pain from those Vasospasms every time she gets a new tooth, but still... I'll get her through her 13 month vax in a fortnight and fully wean her then. Just sad about it all.
Thanks from:
08-04-2015, 08:00   #4282
How Strange

It's hard to see them so distressed. A went crazy for 2-3 nights when I was night weaning her. She was screeching and head butting and thumping my chest. However within a week she was happy to have a little cuddle with me whenever she woke up.

I hope it's gotten a little easier for you since. It was amazing that you continued to breastfeed for so long considering all the obstacles along the way.
15-04-2015, 14:54   #4283
Elliottsmum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyning View Post
I've day weaned S: and I'm finding it so difficult! I know that sounds ridiculous but she's pulling at my top and gets so upset... It's not helped by the fact she won't drink milk only water, so can't get comfort from say a cup of milk or anything. I know I had to wean her before she bit my nipples off, or I lost the plot from pain from those Vasospasms every time she gets a new tooth, but still... I'll get her through her 13 month vax in a fortnight and fully wean her then. Just sad about it all.
No one really tells you how hard this phase is and how hard it is, depite wanting to wean, when its actually over. Such a comfort to them but 13 months is amazing....think of the great start this has given her.
17-04-2015, 01:22   #4284
tinkerbell
woohoo!

Still going strong here. I really love breastfeeding. Tis great I'm well on track to meeting goal of 1 year and I'm gonna keep going for longer hopefully! I keep forgetting that it's a huge accomplishment to have gotten this far, I just kind of think of it as normal and just get on with it. Hubby has to keep telling me how great I'm doing because I kinda just forget that a lot of women unfortunately don't get this far. It was such hard work at the start but it's well worth it now.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-04-2015, 21:01   #4285
lazygal

I can relate. I'm counting down to two years of feeding my son. It was incredibly difficult and emotionally draining at the start but now it's so simple. I don't know how people sooth their children without boobs! I'm going to wean him when he's two because at that stage I know I'll be ready for a break and normal tops again. But if you'd asked me at a week or month old I'd have said no way will I feeding this long. So my long winded message is that it does get easier and less irritating!
17-04-2015, 21:07   #4286
Fagashlil

I'm hitting 6 months on Monday and no plans to stop anytime soon. Had a rough start, but with some great advice here and The BF group on FB, and support from my mam and best friend, it all fell into place and my monkey is a complete boob monster!
18-04-2015, 22:11   #4287
livinsane

Breastfeeding 18 months this week. I'm still not sure if feeding a toddler is genius or madness. Far more demanding than a newborn but lots more fun!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion