Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Out Now no irish psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

New episode out on PC today. Just finished playing it. Had some good points particularly towards the end and finished strong although it did drag a bit at times.
    I saved Sarah in the caravan but let her die when i had to choose between her and Jane. Felt good letting her die tbh. She was getting more and more annoying as the game went on.

You
    can save both, although the death scene for sarah
    is really harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Downloaded episode 4 on 360 but won't be able to play it till tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You
    can save both, although the death scene for sarah
    is really harsh

Honestly i've no regrets.
    Sarah is probably the most annoying character in the Walking Dead games so far. She's the anti-Clementine. It was a relief to see her go. (I know all this probably makes me sound like a sociopath :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, I saved Sarah in the caravan but chose Jane when the deck collapsed. As much as I disliked Sarah, I still didn't like leaving her, and her death scene was horrific, but it had to be done.

Great episode though. At the start I pretty much gave up all hope for Kenny, but by the end, was siding with him rather than Luke. F*ck Luke. At least when push comes to shove, Kenny does what needs to be done. I no longer trust Luke to do the same.

Can't wait for the last episode. I don't think this season has been as good as Season 1, but it's still pretty great. I just hope Clem and Mike survive. Mike's awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Penn wrote: »
    Mike's awesome

i wonder
    is mike's name and his half missing ear alluding to something? :pac:

also what did people do at the end?
    shoot rebeccah or call for help, I shot her and the screen went to black in gunfire

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

i wonder
    is mike's name and his half missing ear alluding to something? :pac:

also what did people do at the end?
    shoot rebeccah or call for help, I shot her and the screen went to black in gunfire
    Yeah, I shot her too. Was worried if I called for help that she'd have time to eat the baby. To be honest, I didn't think Rebecca looked too good after giving birth and I assumed after going to sleep Clem would wake up to see Walker-Rebecca eating the baby, so I was kind of expecting her to turn before the end of the episode anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I got a gold subscription for 12 months but didn't activate it yet . I loved season 1 and dlc so much . Is this worth going gold for ? I think there is a season pass now for Twd season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sarah is probably the most annoying character in the Walking Dead games so far. She's the anti-Clementine. It was a relief to see her go. (I know all this probably makes me sound like a sociopath :pac:)

Ha i'm with yo,u when the decision came there was no choice to be made at all it was swift and just rewards for
    sarah
    no guilt what so ever here :pac:

Ha I laughed out loud at the name of the achievement that popped after that too

I chose to save Sarah in the caravan but it looked like Jane nearly got killed over it, 2nd time it popped up had to leave her. As much as I disliked Sarah, felt bad about her death. Always side with Kenny this season, never liked Luke. Beaming when I caught him boning yer wan as I always thought there was something off about him and he was gonna chance Clem :eek:

I chose to shoot becs, then black and gunfire. If Kenny dies we riot! I hope we personally get to peel Arvo's face off.

This wasn't a patch on Season 1 but it could still be GOTY If it ends with Clem sacrificing herself for the group and then you see ghost Clem and ghost Lee walk away hand in hand :(

Choices seem very tame compared to last season and TWAU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I chose to save Sarah in the caravan but it looked like Jane nearly got killed over it, 2nd time it popped up had to leave her. As much as I disliked Sarah, felt bad about her death. Always side with Kenny this season, never liked Luke. Beaming when I caught him boning yer wan as I always thought there was something off about him and he was gonna chance Clem :eek:

I chose to shoot becs, then black and gunfire. If Kenny dies we riot! I hope we personally get to peel Arvo's face off.

This wasn't a patch on Season 1 but it could still be GOTY If it ends with Clem sacrificing herself for the group and then you see ghost Clem and ghost Lee walk away hand in hand :(

Choices seem very tame compared to last season and TWAU.
    If Clem dies we riot. I really hope they don't go that direction. Killing/sacrificing the protagonist is a well trodden path recently and I hope Telltale have something different up their sleeve.

I did the same as everyone else with Sarah, saved her first and then left her. I don't have the hate for Sarah that a lot of people do but a call had to be made and Jane offered more to the group (until she left 10 minutes later!). It was fairly sad watching Sarah go in such brutal fashion, didn't know you could save them both.

I shot Rebecca too. That was pure panic though, I saw her eyes and actually said "Oh Jesus!" out loud before shooting her.

I just looked up the decisions you can make and different scenarios.
    Sarah gets an awful doing if you leave her at the caravan. What exactly happens if you choose to save her at the decking? If you call for help at the end, Kenny shoots Becca and episode ends the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Not that happy with this episode.
    Kenny was being his usual self - a dick, and when he wasn't being a dick he was being weird about Rebecca's baby. When the horde attacked and he wandered off with the lonely shepard theme kicked in (in my head anyway) I hoped it meant his death. But no, survives again. Dick.

Jane was interesting, but her story arc was not. After she left I remembered where I had seen her before - Female. Badass. A dark past with a sorrow over her lost sister. Loner. Departs after an episode or two when there is still trouble ahead. That's right, Molly from Season 1.

Oh and I face palmed after I came back from the museum (I went with Jane first) and found Kenny, Rebecca and Sarah *still* sitting at the undefended memorial despite being told the very defensible observation deck was maybe 200 feet away.

The ending with Avro was good though. I didn't steal his stuff (what was a group who could only barely deliver a baby do with a bag of drugs other than misdiagnose, overdose and top themselves?) so was a nice "Ha ha!" from Telltale. One good thing about being a short 11 year old in a gun fight is that you will likely dodge most of the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I let Sarah die at the first opportunity. The apocalypse is not the time to try and take care of people who refuse to help themselves. She practically got us all killed. Hell, Luke even said he'd been trying to get her to move for hours, Luke could've been using that time to find food and shelter for the people who actually want to live.

I'm curious if that baby is going to survive the gunfight. It's going to be impossible to feed now that the mother is dead, plus its crying is going to prevent anyone from getting decent sleep and it'll constantly be attracting walkers.

That baby is a death sentence to everyone around it.

I really wish Jane would've let me go with her (I did ask), this group is so screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

On my first playthrough i
    left her too, and got the "Heavy Burden" achievement
    lol so you're not on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sounds like I was the only one who
    called for help at the end.Ending was only a tiny bit different as Kenny shoots Rebecca instead and then shows a person in the other group who starts shooting and then cuts to black.

Overall I enjoyed it... although there did seem to be some pointless tasks (
    The museum was a waste.. Mike and Bonnie made a **** effort in searching the place
    ) It was also a little disappointing to see
    Sarita go so easily after what was a pretty big decision in the previous episode.

Definitely looking forward to the finale anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Just finished episode 4 now.

I asked jane at the end too.
    Wished she said yes.

And at this stage, mike is the only character i trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

My thoughts:
    Really annoying that what seemed like a cliff hanger ending to Ep3 is totally meaningless. Same result regardless. Ugh.

Got rid of Sarah the first chance I got. Did not feel bad at all. Female Ben.

The ending was very effective. I feel kind of stupid for not seeing it coming :P

Overall I don't think S2 has been as strong as S1. Mainly because it feels like they've recycled a lot of S1. Sarah = Duck + Ben. Jane = Molly. As effective a villain Carver was, he's just somebody from Crawford, essentially. Bonnie did nothing of value and all Mike seems good for is carrying around water.

I've seen people say Clem isn't as effective a protagonist as Lee. While that might be true, the seasons problems have nothing to do with her. She's perfectly fine in the role imo. It's just Lee was so awesome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm nearly at the end. Just after the part where I
    had to take the meds or not take them. I figured that since I was good and left the car last season, and still got stalked because of it, I'd just take the short term relief before the inevitable hammer falls in ep5!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luthion

Season 2's biggest failing so far as story goes is the fact that Clem, despite only being a child, keeps being forced into situations the adults should be handling purely for the sake of gameplay. It's really jarring and jolts you out of the narrative. You know it's bad when even the story itself starts acknowledging how ridiculous it is. It's just poor writing and inneffective storytelling.

Having the characters tell Clem that she's tough all the time doesn't help to justify it's plot convenience, and it makes a lot of the new characters come off as really dumb and... well, lazy.

Episode 3 and 4 have definitely been strong episodes. I felt far more invested in the characters in the most recent episode than I did in the previous ones. This season definitely suffers from a bloated cast of characters though. I'm already having trouble remembering the names of people from the first two episodes, a problem I never had with the first season.

Oh man, that cliffhanger! ;_; It's going to be an agonising wait for the last episode.

• Advertisement

Announced at Comic con, there will be a season 3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's a pity there wasn't an option to
    shoot the baby. That child is going to be a right pain. I chose to save Sarah at the caravan park and also at the observation deck. She died anyway as Jane couldn't free her after she fell. Hopefully episode 5 will see the group a few short and Arvo on the verge of being skinned alive. What a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

lertsnim.. go back and spoiler that post properly before someone who doesn't want to sees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

tok9 wrote: »
    lertsnim.. go back and spoiler that post properly before someone who doesn't want to sees it.

It is spoilered :confused:

EDIT: Very odd. It was spoilered on my phone but not the tablet or PC. Fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Newb question, how do you post spoilers!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CiaranW wrote: »
    Newb question, how do you post spoilers!?

There is a spoiler button in the upper right when you click reply

calex71 wrote: »
    There is a spoiler button in the upper right when you click reply

Yupp just highlight what you've typed and hit the small spoiler button.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Alternatively, you can type the spoiler tags (If you're on mobile etc...)
    For example, this:
    [HTML]
    Like this
    [/HTML]
    Would look
    Like this

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Alternatively, you can type the spoiler tags (If you're on mobile etc...)
    For example, this:
    [HTML]
    Like this
    [/HTML]
    Would look
    Like this

Thanks for that lads!

Now back to The Walking Dead!
    I chose to leave in the morning after the baby was born.
    Does anything different happen if you decided to rest a while?

• Advertisement

CiaranW wrote: »
    Thanks for that lads!

Now back to The Walking Dead!
    I chose to leave in the morning after the baby was born.
    Does anything different happen if you decided to rest a while?

Good question actually!

Advertisement