Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye they are always at that, it will come back under a different name more than likely or just 1 or 2 minor changes to the ingredients.

its all the same i wouldn't recommend it to be honest not for cutting anyway, no energy increase at all i find it hard to work out because of the restriction of calories due to having a decreased appetite and also it puts me in a bad mood for some reason.

i wouldnt mind the decreased appetite if it gave me the boost its suppose to give, i heard people comparing this to jacked and nos pump its no where near those levels id get a better kick from a can of red bull to be honest.

il continue with them til mid july to finish the cycle but never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

df1985 wrote: »
    where did you go can i ask?

Discount supplements and isnt available in universal nutrition either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Palmer07

Multivitamins are very important in our daily life. One can always look for the supplements that increase the immunity. Also when coming to the point of dosage you should start slowly and then gradually increase to the recommended amount to adjust to higher level of nutrition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Amadeus.

Has anyone ever heard of the product above or is anyone taking them? I have been told that they are a herbal supplement that increases natural testosterone. I have heard of good reports from older men who are looking for a boost. I am considering them myself. Any reports, good or bad please?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

We sell them where I work and 9 out of 10 people give them great reviews. As you say they are great for older lads and the only people who give it bad reviews are still in their late teens.
    IMO USP make very good quality products having tried a good few of them (pink magic is not one of them though as im 22). Stick them in with some ZMA and creatine and I reckon you'd get pretty good gains

• Advertisement

Animal PAK is very very good I just hated the 11 tablet dosage. I've just switched to Multipro 32 which is easy to take and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Amadeus.

We sell them where I work and 9 out of 10 people give them great reviews. As you say they are great for older lads and the only people who give it bad reviews are still in their late teens.
    IMO USP make very good quality products having tried a good few of them (pink magic is not one of them though as im 22). Stick them in with some ZMA and creatine and I reckon you'd get pretty good gains

Thanks, I was planning to take them with maximuscle cyclone which has some creatine in it. I will post back here with results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hurley210

Without overdoing it, what do people think of taking creatine(10g/day), bcaa powder(15g/day) and protein powder (60g/day), all of which are bulkpowders products. I am aware that supplements are just that and i am fairly happy with my diet overall.

OH DEAR GOD DONT GET CYCLONE! I work in one of the bigger supplement shops and can tell you that while i think its a good product its awful value and tastes like muck. Theres loads of alternatives that will last you 14 days rather than the 10 days which cyclone does at the same price (kinetica complete, phd synergy, reflex one-stop). Pink magic and at least 3 tubs of cyclone will cost you 170-200 or so.

Split it up and ensure you get the right dosing at the right time. Its more up front but the same cost overall. Id say a stack of maybe:

pink magic - E55
    ZMA (180 caps - 2 months) - E25
    Scivation Xtend/Purple Wrath - (6+ weeks) - E50
    CR2 creatine/Cell Mass/Storm - (6 weeks) - E29-40
    Protein - (75ish servings) - E40-55

For 200 quid that is a much much much much better stack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Please pardon my ignorance here people. Is there any supplement you could recommend I take before lifting that will give me a blast of energy to help me lift. I was lifting tonight and I hadn't time to have dinner before hand. So I was weaker than usual. Anything I could take to boost my energy levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

animal pak for me -
    The price has dropped in recent years can get for 30e for 44paks which isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

animal pak for me -
    The price has dropped in recent years can get for 30e for 44paks which isn't bad

I did a small bit of research on this! Does it actually make your Pee green? Do ye have dinner before or after lifting? Would some carbs an hour before training be a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Quick questions on creatine:

Does it need a loading phase or is that to sell more creatine?

Does it require high GI carbs pwo to 'shuttle' it into your muscles or is that bro-science?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hennessy88

Find NO supps to be great for heavy days like legs, but gets pretty difficult to do any isolation moves. Can barely bend my arms after doing some back work

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I'm finished with Jack3d from today:)

thats 3 workouts out of 3 where afterwards for the best part of the day ive just felt sick and the damn stuff repeats something fierce....might just drink coffee from now on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

xgtdec wrote: »

thats 3 workouts out of 3 where afterwards for the best part of the day ive just felt sick and the damn stuff repeats something fierce....might just drink coffee from now on!!

Im the complete opposite, black coffee makes me feel like sheat, jack3d makes me feel like zeus. Would you try 1RM? its pretty much that and jack3d in pole position with NOexplode not far behind. White flood is supposed to be good too but i dont think they sell that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

jugger0 wrote: »
    Would you try 1RM? its pretty much that and jack3d in pole position with NOexplode not far behind. White flood is supposed to be good too but i dont think they sell that here.

1MR "would" have been next on my list...i think for a while ill just get in and get it done.....Jack3d to me just smells and tastes and feels SO artificial i really dont like it....maybe if i mix it into my coffee:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

1MR "would" have been next on my list...i think for a while ill just get in and get it done.....Jack3d to me just smells and tastes and feels SO artificial i really dont like it....maybe if i mix it into my coffee:p

Yeah doesnt it smell like poison?! tastes like feckin toilet duck too, works like a charm tho. Coffee and jack3d would probably give you a heartattack brah... you'd be swole and pumped in the ER tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Deedsie wrote: »
    I did a small bit of research on this! Does it actually make your Pee green? Do ye have dinner before or after lifting? Would some carbs an hour before training be a good idea?

no it turns it luminous yellow.

I take them at breakfast.

I dunno on the carbs thing - I generally don't eat for training - I eat my meals at the times I want and don't structure them around training.
    Something I find an apple is nice pre training (30 mins)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Bob1981

After reading through this thread, placed my first order with myprotein today. Price seems very good so down to the test now! Apart from adding protein to your diet naturally and taking the whey protein, is there anything else that I should be doing to bulk up? My workouts over the week are 60:40 cardio-vascular over strength training. I do enjoy my running and swimming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Bob1981 wrote: »
    After reading through this thread, placed my first order with myprotein today. Price seems very good so down to the test now! Apart from adding protein to your diet naturally and taking the whey protein, is there anything else that I should be doing to bulk up? My workouts over the week are 60:40 cardio-vascular over strength training. I do enjoy my running and swimming!

Eat a lot, count your calories, drink lots of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What do you think pink magic does?
    Why do you think its only for older people, or suitable for anybody?
    How do these older peopel know it worked?

Mellor wrote: »
    What do you think pink magic does?
    Why do you think its only for older people, or suitable for anybody?
    How do these older peopel know it worked?

1. Pink helps your body produce more testosterone
    2. Its suitable for everyone but the older you are the more your testosterone levels will have dropped and the bigger difference you will notice. Its quite expensive for the little gains that younger lads would get from it.
    3. Increased strength, muscle growth, libido, spots on the back is common enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Agreed on the sick thing, after a tough session I literally do need to just breathe slow in the shower to stop it coming back up. Although I do work out at 7am so that could well be a factor. But for me it only lasts about 2 minutes.

It don't taste great, but you can near down the serving in one go - I just have a glass of water right after.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Does anyone know what are the best products to buy off Myprotein.com. I'm goin' to buy Whey Protein,Omega 3 and Creatine. What is the best creatine to get?Also what are the best sellers? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

1. Pink helps your body produce more testosterone
    2. Its suitable for everyone but the older you are the more your testosterone levels will have dropped and the bigger difference you will notice. Its quite expensive for the little gains that younger lads would get from it.
    3. Increased strength, muscle growth, libido, spots on the back is common enough too
    1. One site says the 3 ingredients increase blood flow. And 1 ingredient has been shown to increase test in animals.
    2. How? If it increases testosterone production, then your body produces more, regardless of levels. Also, what sort of increase, have these increases been measured?
    3. An increase in test is no use if you aren't training hard. The hard training alone could cause the strength and growth, as for the libido, that's the placebo effect. If you give some who claims low libido a packet of tic-tacs and tell him it will help. After abouit a week, he'll rolling around the bed with his wife and ringing you for more

It's plant seeds, a test increase doesn't mean a significant increase. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I can't say without trying or seeing proper figures. But I'm always dubious of these things, especially when they don't include studies that back up their claims. If there are legitimate studies that show it increases by a huge amount, then i'll believe it. The placebo effect and the workout effect is not to be overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

NotExactly wrote: »
    Does anyone know what are the best products to buy off Myprotein.com. I'm goin' to buy Whey Protein,Omega 3 and Creatine. What is the best creatine to get?Also what are the best sellers? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

There protein is good, I started with that then moved to Hurricane XS for one go which has Creatine and carbs for post wo, I certainly saw gains although I did work out harder. I was given a batch of strawberry whey so I decided to just buy Creatine Ethyl Ester to mix with it. Be warned its vile ( and I can stomach an awful lot of sh1t ) but the CEE is really bitter and completely overpowers the whey.
    Hurricane XS is a bit more expensive but I think I would be go back to it simply as I currently shudder at the thought of the CEE.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

NotExactly wrote: »

I buy Impact Whey Protein (the most popular) and Creatine Monohydrate, the creatine is pretty cheap, as is the protein. At the moment I think you can still get 2.75kg for the price of 2.5kg - Protein that is.

Choc Mint, Strawberry Cream, Vanilla and Cookies and Cream aren't bad - Although to be honest, come the end of a 2.5kg bad I am sick of whatever flavour I get, so I switch them up, buy the odd 1kg for a change.

I have never tried creapure or creatine gluconate - However some people swear by them, but basically it all does the same job and its just how your body will react to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

UUJ_Lad wrote: »
    Choc Mint, Strawberry Cream, Vanilla and Cookies and Cream aren't bad - Although to be honest, come the end of a 2.5kg bad I am sick of whatever flavour I get, so I switch them up, buy the odd 1kg for a change.

Judging by the status of the online tracking of my order, I'll have the following waiting when I get home:

5kg Impact Whey Protein: Strawberry Cream
    5kg Impact Whey Protein: Vanilla
    5kg Impact Whey Protein: Chocolate Smooth
    5kg Impact Whey Protein: Banana
    5kg Impact Whey Protein: Cookies & Cream

A hell of a lot of protein but I got it delivered to work in the North, got it price-beaten with another UK website and used the 10% off voucher code.

Came to a total of 225 euro including delivery.

Advertisement