Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread V

• 20-09-2013 8:35pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shiny new thread.

early-bird-picks-eat-bookies-money-online-soccer-betting.jpg

Part IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I will go get a priest to bless this new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

no link to the old thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

On to the bets! I think Over 2.5 Goals looks good in the Norwich v Villa match early tomorrow. It has come in 5 times in Norwich's last 6 home premiership games and in the last 13 of Villa's away premiership games. Both sides should think they have a chance so don't expect to see them playing negatively as they should both be pushing for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Inter 3/4 against a newly promoted Sassulo, and Leeds 13/10 v Burnley (have won the last 5 encounters against them at Elland Road) look good this weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not a losing tip so far..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

doubt liverpool will win this weekend IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DominicKid wrote: »

Well I've put 30 on them to be ahead at ht at 11/10

somebody else mentioned their second half performances have been poor enough but 1st half ones have been very good. They are the form team in the league - that's a nice price given their stats and form.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hoping these reliables deliver for me yet again
    singles on the lot
    all betvictor bar benteke

Liverpool v Southampton
    Daniel Sturridge
    (1st Goalscorer)
    Odds: 18/5

Liverpool v Southampton
    Daniel Sturridge
    (Anytime Goal Scorer)
    Odds: 1/1

Arsenal v Stoke City
    Olivier Giroud
    (1st Goalscorer)
    Odds: 4/1

Arsenal v Stoke City
    Olivier Giroud
    (Anytime Goal Scorer)
    Odds: 21/20

Cardiff City v Tottenham Hotspur
    Roberto Soldado
    (1st Goalscorer)
    Odds: 9/2

Cardiff City v Tottenham Hotspur
    Roberto Soldado
    (Anytime Goal Scorer)
    Odds: 7/5

benteke fgs 5s anytime 7/5 (365)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Leeds, Everton and Chelsea -1
    Treble, 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

DominicKid wrote: »
    mmmmmmthanks for the insight.best of luck to all the guys in here on the new thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

seklly wrote: »
    On to the bets! I think Over 2.5 Goals looks good in the Norwich v Villa match early tomorrow. It has come in 5 times in Norwich's last 6 home premiership games and in the last 13 of Villa's away premiership games. Both sides should think they have a chance so don't expect to see them playing negatively as they should both be pushing for the win.

Agree with this and 7/4 Benteke to score anytime has to be taken I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Really liking the look of Everton and especially Lukaku tomorrow at West Ham. Everton have averaged the most possession of any team all season, but with Jelavic and Kone misfiring they haven't been able to turn domination into goals....that's obviously where Lukaku come into it, a proven PL goalscorer.

West Ham have only beaten Cardiff, and despite having a decent defence they offer almost nothing in attack with Carroll out injured. Stoke recently put played them comprehensively at Upton Park.

Lukaku wincast @ 10/3

Lukaku anytime @ 9/5

Everton win @ 7/5

Not sure which ones to take, the wincast for sure I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

think newcastle are overpriced at 5/6 to beat hull. they have won their last two

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UsmanDar

Premier League acca: Liverpool @ 8/13 Newcastle @ 5/6 Chelsea @ 1/3 Tottenham @ 10/11 Watford @ evens Nottm Forest @ 11/10. £5 bet, returns £158.31

European acca: Napoli @ 8/5 Bayern Munich @ 4/7 Tottenham @ 10/11 Chelsea @ 1/3 Borussia Dortmund @ 4/11 Real Madrid @ 1/8 Atletico Madrid @ 4/6 Barcelona @ 1/5. £5 bet, returns: £154.55

My bets for the weekend. opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liking the PP powerplay enhanced today

Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea treble 3/1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Two bets today.

That 3/1 treble of Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea.

And an anytime goalscorer double of Lukaku and Benteke, bit over 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Wincast

Sturridge 17/10
    Remi 11/4
    Lukaku 10/3
    Anelka 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 3.5 in:
    Aktobe vs Astana
    Shakhter vs BATE Borisov
    Infonet vs Sillamae Kalev
    @ 1.88

Aktobe vs Astana:
    both teams are level on points at the top of the table, whoever wins will have a big advantage for the rest of the season, Aktobe's coach is defensive-minded, clear underish game imo

Shakhter vs BATE:
    BATE are 2nd, 1 point behind Shakhter, this game could decide who wins the title, BATE's games away to Shakhter have often gone under 2.5, the latest one finishing 0-0.

Infonet vs Sillamae Kalev:
    2 teams in good form, Sillamae concede very few goals while Infonet will have the advantage of playing on their plastic pitch. Last 2 games between these two teams finished under 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Couple early bets today from me i rarely back villa as my judgement is obviously biased but i fancy us today if u seen our first 4 games we narrowly lost to chelsea and deserved a draw beat arsenal both away from home then where poor at home with two defeats against liverpool and newcastle where we struggled to have any attacking threat from midfield the villa team is set up to counter attack and away from home that suits us down to the ground none of norwichs defenders are blessed with blistering pace i can see the front three of agbonlahor benteke weimann causing all sorts of problems we also lost okore to a long term injury who looked brilliant and we will concede for sure 28 games without a cleansheet so for this reasoning i will back a couple bets

Villa to win benteke anytime 7/2
    Both teams to score villa to win 5/1
    Little nibble on gabby anytime at 3/1 got 2 against norwich in this fixture last year in a 2-1 away win and has 5 in 5 against them in the form of his career and due a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Taking the Power Play today.

Also Boylesports weekend special

Liverpool-Chelsea-West Brom-Newcastle 7/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bultip

Luton Town - Lincoln City

17:00

Luton Town will host Lincoln City in match from the English Conference. The game is on Saturday and will be played at “Kenilworth Road”. The hosts are on the eleventh position with 13 points, while the visitors are fourth with 17 points. I think that there will no have many goals in the game and their number will be under 2.5. This prediction was true in 8 from the 9 games of Luton Town in Conference this season and in 7 from the 9 league matches of Lincoln City so far.

Prediction: Under 2.5 goals @1.80 Bet365

Bultip.com

KevIRL wrote: »
    Liking the PP powerplay enhanced today

Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea treble 3/1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489

Have to take a nibble at this.

Pool should win. Newcastle looked to have turned a corner and ...it's Hull. Chelsea after their CL loss will surely put in a winning performance. 3/1 is way too tempting. The treble is basically the same though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Sturridge and benteke double anytime goalscorer works out at 5/1

That is fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Can't see how 1/3 for Chelsea is value at all, wouldn't be sticking them in. Newcastle at 17/20 is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A treble for me of 3 in form teams at decent prices
    QPR, Mansfield, Wycombe @ 5.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Early bet to start the day.

I really cant see Aston Villa getting anything out of the game against Norwich. They may have had a lucky start to the league, and thats all it was, they are a very very poor team, and the last 2 Premier League matches showed that, one of them losing at home to another poor side that is Newcastle sums that up. They are showing the continuing form from last season to which we all know they were dire. I think their luck has ran out and its going to be the same old same old drab with them this season. They are very lucky to have Benteke because without him they would struggle even more. In saying that Norwich hasnt had the greatest starts to the season either, but i think they will have enough to beat this Aston Villa side and start to progress in the league.

I expect Norwich to take the 3 points today as they are at home and 7/5 is not a bad price.

Also gonna take a small bet on Norwich to win and BTTS at 7/2

Happy betting and good luck to all the boards.ie punters today........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I'm also quite surprised so many people are jumping on the PP ''enhanced'' special at 4.00, this is not an enhancement, as the treble on its own works out at 3.95, and a part of me feels one of these will f*ck it up anyway, and for that fraction of an enhancement it's definitely not worth taking on.

Just thought i would throw that out there, but anyone who is on the treble best of luck with it. :p

shocksy wrote: »
    I'm also quite surprised so many people are jumping on the PP ''enhanced'' special at 4.00, this is not an enhancement, as the treble on its own works out at 3.95, and a part of me feels one of these will f*ck it up anyway, and for that fraction of an enhancement it's definitely not worth taking on.

Just thought i would throw that out there, but anyone who is on the treble best of luck with it. :p

I noticed the price was about the same - but I was looking for a treble to do....and it did it for me really :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I never touch Liverpool results anymore. They always seem to go against what I choose :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

I never touch Liverpool results anymore. They always seem to go against what I choose :P

What do you choose this week?! Might go the opposite!!

Advertisement