Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coybib_com

Hey guys, im wondering about U20 international prospects on the transfer market. How much do top range prospects go for? Am i crazy in thinking some can go for 1 million+? If a player was to go for that much at 17, presumably they would come out of level 3 academy and coach, but how many stars would those players generally be scouted with and what attributes / positions are most valuable?

Also, when scouting an U20 international prospect, roughly what round and day should you scout to be certain they'll be in the correct age range but get them in academy as soon as possible? Some timein week 2 of season?

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Coybib_com wrote: »
    Hey guys, im wondering about U20 international prospects on the transfer market. How much do top range prospects go for? Am i crazy in thinking some can go for 1 million+? If a player was to go for that much at 17, presumably they would come out of level 3 academy and coach, but how many stars would those players generally be scouted with and what attributes / positions are most valuable?

Also, when scouting an U20 international prospect, roughly what round and day should you scout to be certain they'll be in the correct age range but get them in academy as soon as possible? Some timein week 2 of season?

Cheers!!

Someone will come along with more knowledge than I in this area soon no doubt. however to answer your queries, yes they will easily sell for more than 1m. the U20 doesn't add that much more so the intensive targeted training of them in an U20 team is what adds the value.

If you're talking straight out the gate, 17 YO then it would be rare for 1m+ for a rookie, unless it had very rare specific untrainables, eg height and weight.

it would be harder to judge them, but so many come out then it floods the market a bit so the average selling price is not that high if they are unremarkable untrainables and less than 50k csr. greater than 50k or with untrainables they will start attracting a premium and be in bidding wars.

regarding round, see cclampetts post below for detail. the big training regimes are based on 4 yr cycles (in Ireland anyway) and coincide with the U20 RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Coybib_com wrote: »

Cheers!!
    I'm assuming you're just asking about trying to make a few $ from selling u20 prospects.

Players that turn 17 and promoted with a CSR of over 40k (EOF has said 50k, but somewhere around that point) will generally reach high prices, anywhere from $400k to millions, I bought a guy a couple of seasons back for less than BR$400k that was as good as a guy that sold for BR$7.65M, so a lot of luck is involved even in the sale.

The priciest players are usually props and locks, for the extreme weight and height, however the odds of scouting players with below par untrainables are so high that this requires ridiculously good luck.

Your best chance is probably with scouting backs and setting lv3 TT on backs skills.

The number of stars to use is a tough one, probably a minimum of 35 stars per player and then whatever you have to spend on 5 players. personally I wouldn't think its worth spending more than 60 but some people do use 100's on one player. Every answer you get is likely to differ here.

Best time to scout:
    Firstly its at the beginning of every even season, S24, S26 et cetera.
    As said above, birthdays are within the 7 days of scouting, but players scouted on rd1 day 7 still run a risk of having too early a birthday.
    The best days to scout are rd2 day1, and again on rd2 day 2 - scouting week is Tuesday to Tuesday so yes you can scout twice in rd2 that way -
    then again on rd3 day 2, round 4 day 2, and then, slightly late, but rd5 day 2 is still in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

cclampett wrote: »

Best time to scout:
    Firstly its at the beginning of every even season, S24, S26 et cetera.
    As said above, birthdays are within the 7 days of scouting, but players scouted on rd1 day 7 still run a risk of having too early a birthday.
    The best days to scout are rd2 day1, and again on rd2 day 2 - scouting week is Tuesday to Tuesday so yes you can scout twice in rd2 that way -
    then again on rd3 day 2, round 4 day 2, and then, slightly late, but rd5 day 2 is still in with a chance.

knew someone would correct me, knew it was two days in a row you could get!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

If i want to train a good outhalf in my youth academy, what skills should I set to train weekly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

throrm wrote: »
    If i want to train a good outhalf in my youth academy, what skills should I set to train weekly?

Stamina handling attack defense speed agility id say mabe the odd strength and tech but mainly the first five

throrm wrote: »
    If I had recently scouted a couple of halfbacks and wanted to set training for them, id start with stamina attack handling kicking for about 8 weeks, then change it up depending on the reveals after that

Yes! Thank you for scouting talk!

I'm about to embark on my youth program (starting next week), and was wondering if players promote like for like? So for example I've got a zero star 120kg guy in my academy, if I promote him and throw 50 stars to a replacement, is it likely I'll get another beef cake or is it just completely random?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It's not random, and if your player is currently playing in position as a prop, you will probably get someone who will work as a prop to replace him. However, if you are fortunate to have a very heavy Prop, promoting him will not necessarily lead to recruiting another very heavy prop. If that makes sense

i'll try to elaborate on Zagatos answer
    the YA players have an intended position, and when one is replaced you get a guy intended for the same position

the makeup of the YA is:
    3 props, 2 hookers,3 locks, 4 back rows, 3 half backs, 3 centres, 4 outside backs.

so just on 1 example, locks
    there's always 3 guys in the YA intended as locks, but sometimes these could be 191cms and 97 kg's, and may even be scouted with low jumping or strength
    the amount of stars used affects the odds of a higher skill total, but not the untrainables (height weight leadership etc)

so if you promote a guy that is 209cm's and 125 kg's, you are certain to get a guy that is intended to be a lock as his replacement, but his weight and height (and possibly even skills) may not match up with our idea of what a lock should look like.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, really appreciate all the info.

And if you hire a youth manager and he reveals a skill, strength for example, do you get to see that skill for the remainder of the players time in the academy and all the changes once it's revealed, or is it just a snap shot of that moment in time and you would have to reveal the skill again in a few weeks to see if there are any changes to it? (if you get me!)

It will stay for the whole time and it will change if he pops straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jonnypwilson

Hi,

Need a bit of guidance. I'm relatively new to the game (well I've had a club for years, I've only just started to devote time to it) and am not sure whether or not to push for promotion this season. I'm 100% going to win my division (IV.48), but am I better off losing my playoff game and staying in Division IV for another year or would you recommend that I push for Div III rugby next year? My current first team average CSR is about 95,000.

If I stay in Division IV, I'll obviously be guaranteed another ~£1.3m in prize money when I win the league next season and have another year to build a stronger team. Other than a much higher standard of rugby, what would be the benefit of getting promoted to Divison III?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

You will easily survive in Division 3, plus you get to learn about tactics against human managers. They only time I'd ever question teams promoting is when they really have no shot of staying up and a season or 2 is needed to build a team capable of making a survival shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hi,

Need a bit of guidance. I'm relatively new to the game (well I've had a club for years, I've only just started to devote time to it) and am not sure whether or not to push for promotion this season. I'm 100% going to win my division (IV.48), but am I better off losing my playoff game and staying in Division IV for another year or would you recommend that I push for Div III rugby next year? My current first team average CSR is about 95,000.

If I stay in Division IV, I'll obviously be guaranteed another ~£1.3m in prize money when I win the league next season and have another year to build a stronger team. Other than a much higher standard of rugby, what would be the benefit of getting promoted to Divison III?

Thanks!

Go up. Promotion to Div 3 will increase everything that is good about the game!

Obviously the game will be a lot more fun in Div III, but don't you think it's worth waiting one more season? I also need to look at down-sizing my stadium, it currently seats 74,000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Obviously the game will be a lot more fun in Div III, but don't you think it's worth waiting one more season? I also need to look at down-sizing my stadium, it currently seats 74,000!

:eek:

Ignoring your obvious stadium problem I'd go for it and go up, for me the game is all about trying to challange yourself and is fun trying to take down bigger clubs, sure beats bot bashing.

That being said I am in a ****ty spot with my affiliate - consistently 5th best in Div 2 in Georgia but with no chance of breaking in to the top 4 because the top 4 teams are miles ahead, developing slowly because of lack of prize money and too good to get relegated

:eek:

Ignoring your obvious stadium problem I'd go for it and go up, for me the game is all about trying to challange yourself and is fun trying to take down bigger clubs, sure beats bot bashing.

That being said I am in a ****ty spot with my affiliate - consistently 5th best in Div 2 in Georgia but with no chance of breaking in to the top 4 because the top 4 teams are miles ahead, developing slowly because of lack of prize money and too good to get relegated

I know, it's mammoth. Soon to be 78,000 too (work complete tomorrow). I'm hoping I'll pick up a few World Cup games next season as they're allocated to the biggest stadia in the host country (England). Surely a decent source of revenue?

Okay, thanks for the advice - I'll go for it. I suppose the worst that can happen is I get relegated straightaway and my development takes an extra season, but that's probably a price worth paying for the thrill of the challenge.

Definitely go up. Your crowd numbers rise significantly, you get extra sponsorship money (c. $160,000 over the season), you get way more in game training for your squad and it's just more fun playing against human players.

If you're not good enough to stay up, then you'll be back in Div IV anyway, just better off than you were, and if you do stay up, it's much better for your club and for gameplay.

In terms of your stadium, I had a quick look...

So your breakdown is roughly:

Standing: 61,000 (of which 5% was full in last game)
    Uncovered: 6,007 (91% in last game)
    Covered: 14,343 (30% in last game)
    Members: 575 (100% in last game)
    Corporate: 252 (54% in last game)

So if I was you I wouldn't worry about downsizing the capacity by loads, I would only downsize the covered portion to about half. Obviously it costs you money if you're not filling your stadium, but the standing area doesn't cost you money no matter how big it is and how much it's empty, so I'd leave that as is, uncovered is about where you want it to be for now, members needs expanding and corporate isn't bad considering promotion will lead to a jump in numbers so you should manage to get up to about 75% next season and it's so expensive to build, at this point I wouldn't reduce it, so I'd do:

Standing: No Change
    Uncovered: No Change
    Covered: -7,000
    Members: +250 / 500 (Depending on your members number / how long it's been hitting 100%, as a rule of thumb, you'd want to be hitting around 75% of members numbers in your members seats imo)
    Corporate: No Change

If you're doing a stadium revamp and have cash, you might even consider expanding uncovered by 1,000 whilst you're at it, for projected future growth. It's up to you about corporate and how much you think those empty seats are costing you, but as I said, for the simple expense reason I'd leave it and just wait for the club to grow into those numbers required which it will eventually.

Also, can I ask....how the fu*k / why the fu*k did you expand your stadium to 70,000+??? :D

Disclaimer: My stadium plan is just roughly from personal experience and what I would do, it's in no way projected from a stadium calculator or whatever, so no claims of scientific accuracy are made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I know, it's mammoth. Soon to be 78,000 too (work complete tomorrow). I'm hoping I'll pick up a few World Cup games next season as they're allocated to the biggest stadia in the host country (England). Surely a decent source of revenue?

Okay, thanks for the advice - I'll go for it. I suppose the worst that can happen is I get relegated straightaway and my development takes an extra season, but that's probably a price worth paying for the thrill of the challenge.

You don't get any revenue from World Cup games

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks for the extensive advice. I shall try my hardest to achieve promotion, although nothing is guaranteed!

I think I'll wait until after the World Cup to downsize my stadium. I'm still making a weekly profit, and even if I don't get any revenue from it I still think it'll be fun to host World Cup games and have some sort of moment in the spotlight! After that, I will be following your advice to the letter/number.

Why did I build a massive stadium? Well, a friend and I signed up 2 years ago and he left almost straight away. I couldn't be bothered to carry on playing, but whenever I received the monthly account deactivation warning I logged on and upgraded my stadium. Thought it would be funny to build something disproportionately large. As you can tell from my club's history, I've only recently (August) discovered that I actually quite enjoy the game and have started to take it seriously. Had a spare £2m lying around so I've invested that in some decent players (eg: an ex-international and ex-U20) but my learning curve has been a fairly steep one!

Are there any anytime comps that i can join for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I've barely played but I've a decent enough Div 3 team. Think I'm playing since season 8. Any tips on how to push on?

Also, I've got 700 stars for youth players that I no longer fully know how to best use them. Need tips for that too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

TheGunns wrote: »
    I've barely played but I've a decent enough Div 3 team. Think I'm playing since season 8. Any tips on how to push on?

Also, I've got 700 stars for youth players that I no longer fully know how to best use them. Need tips for that too :o
    What senior facilities and trainers do you have, what Ya facilities and staff do you have.
    I don't know any thing about your team as I'm on my fone so can't check but I feel the most enjoyable part of this game is having a full Ya promoting your own players and training them then when you win you get a good sense of accomplishment.
    OthErs prefer training and selling buying. In div three I think it's really important to minimise cost so have the bare 22 players

Coaches are all level 4/5. Youth is maxed out. Stadium is 14k capacity. Youth and Senior facilities are maxed.
    Have a bare 22. Ended up selling a Japanese international I had to raise funds so money isn't an issue anymore.
    I've generally done a mix of buying, training and promoting. I am losing money every week though and my squad isn't competing at the top end but I'm generally staying up.

First off any s.8 started your stadium is way too small you should have at least 20k stadium. Ya is maxed out but do you scout much with 700 stars I can't see you doing.
    If you want help out Ireland you could scout rd2 day 1, day 2 rd 3 day 2 and so on this season promote them next season train the good ones for u20 and by the time there 20 you'll have guys 150k plus

Sent on your members and I'll help calculate for you

I don't scout much at all anymore. I do have one 300k CSR guy that I brought through awhile ago. He's 25 though so prob not much hope of making it to international range.
    So should I expand my stadium with more standing capacity to 20k?
    Members is 2355.

TheGunns wrote: »
    I don't scout much at all anymore. I do have one 300k CSR guy that I brought through awhile ago. He's 25 though so prob not much hope of making it to international range.
    So should I expand my stadium with more standing capacity to 20k?
    Members is 2355.
    Iv only 100 more members than you and this is going to be my stadium next week
    because I'm also in div2 maybe you could do with lowering that to 20k, if it's a weak league then 19k

If you scout players and train them up to 30 yr olds then every three years you'll have 3 150k plus guys by the time there 29 you'll 12 guys trained by you 150k plus some Will be 300k. Then if you keep your Ya full till there 20 apart from the few scout for training at 17 you'll have some guys coming out at 100k at 20 and if you rotate around tt in the Ya they should be well rounded

When I'm promoting youths in the next couple weeks, how many stars should I use for each one?

• Advertisement

i use 30 stars on guys i plan on leaving inside til 20 and i use 50 for guys i plan on promoting at 17 and training tho some people just use between 20 and 30 all the time

Advertisement