Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

35pts today, felt like I wasn't playing well. Hope all my poor rounds are as good as that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

8 points better than last week, still Crap, but was hitting the ball much better. Getting rid of the rust slowly but surely!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Finally a great round today! 6 months + since my last round better than handicap (13). Anyway scored 41 points, just checked howdidido and 42 points won today. Can't believe I was that close to winning, it's normally a lot higher in winter- 48 won last week!

2 birdies
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles

Total- 80 strokes. Only ever beat 80 twice before....

Delighted just to score well. Going to have to hijack CharlieIRL, all my best rounds seem to come in his company! My lucky charm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭BOB81

26 points for 14 holes yesterday round moyvalley, really up and down round, 3 birdies and 4 scratches (2 of those in first three holes). Wind was up and found tee shots into the breeze tough (2 of the scratches came from tee shot trouble) while one of the scratches was a ball that plugged off an ok second shot and was never seen again which was frustrating. Need to work on just getting it in play into the wind rather than trying hit it too hard..easier said than done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

34 points in Athy on sat in 13 hole winter comp, bleeding temps ruined a really good score! and 34 normally would be in the running but someone had a 39, typical. suppose though hit 2 drives oob's and still managed to scored on both, 1 was the course index 1, so positives from that..

but prefer to have my first win on full 18 and get cut in the process :).

My driving off the Tee has much improve thanks 2 a tip from Shawn Clement on you tube!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Back to 18 hole comps in our Blessed Lakes, started very solid had a 8 footer on the 10th to go back to 4 over missed, hit a decent drive at the next, index 1 into the strong wind stupidly placed it on a lovely tuft of grass having landed just off the fairway, i takes out me 3 wood see and i says to meself sure you will reach the green, i swings back with a mighty coil and whoosh it takes off up, up and away, the wind grabs it and the ball sails away in the the deep cabbage on the left never to be seen again.....4 over 8 on me card, played malogen after that with a scratch 6 more snots and a par. I love flog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Finally a great round today! 6 months + since my last round better than handicap (13). Anyway scored 41 points, just checked howdidido and 42 points won today. Can't believe I was that close to winning, it's normally a lot higher in winter- 48 won last week!

2 birdies
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles

Total- 80 strokes. Only ever beat 80 twice before....

Delighted just to score well. Going to have to hijack CharlieIRL, all my best rounds seem to come in his company! My lucky charm!

Most pleasant update! Just found out that I won my category! Great start to 2015 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,000 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Most pleasant update! Just found out that I won my category! Great start to 2015 :)

Some round considering gap in play.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

had 28 points for 15 holes on Sunday. Was playing okay, but nothing special. Was 4 over after 11 and 2 off twos. Playing the par 5 12th, I thought I hit my drive too far right, but I just ended up cutting the corner massively and had a full 5 wood into the green. Hit it to 2 feet..... and missed the putt for eagle, lol. Got the birdie though. I then almost had another 2 on the par 13th. The ball lipped out. I did get this putt from 4 feet. So was 2 over par with 2 holes to go and on the driveable par 4 14th, I walked off with a 5. I then double bogeyed the next.

It was so disappointing after fighting back to a reasonable score to let it slip like that, but oh well, onwards and upwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

First round of the season at strandhill on Saturday. Cool with light winds in almost perfect conditions! Ended with 41 points off a provisional handicap of 16. Pure delighted! 1 birdie, 5 pars, 11 bogies and 1 double. 81 strokes in total, previous best was 86 granted strandhill was only a part 70 and the course setup was very favourable! Looking forward to getting my first official handicap and a good start to the season!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played 9 this afternoon game still in good shape after 71 in Corballis last Saturday. +2 with three very good birdie putts (inside 4ft) missed. Driving it well, new driver is settling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

mafc wrote: »
    Played 9 this afternoon game still in good shape after 71 in Corballis last Saturday. +2 with three very good birdie putts (inside 4ft) missed. Driving it well, new driver is settling in.

Go on then, what driver ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Well for you. Playing enough for this time year you be back to 8 in no time

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Go on then, what driver ?:D

TM Sldr stiff shaft

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Well for you. Playing enough for this time year you be back to 8 in no time

POETS DAY , take every chance I get

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

3rd round of the year and another 8 point improvment on my last round!! If this is a sign for the year ahead I'd be delighted.
    Driver and putter we great today and irons are getting there, few leaks buu much less than last 2 rounds. We were playing as a 2 man team but i finished out 17 of the holes i played to keep my own score.
    5 pars
    9 bogies
    3 doubles
    1 pickup as seve had already scored on the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Well last 3 rounds ive managed to get at least 1 birdie, 2 of the rounds i had 2 birds, dont normally get them tbh, playing to 12hc or close to it most days, really positive even tho today was.....well ill keep it PG but after messing up first 3 holes i played the rest of the 12 (15 hole comp) to my handicap.

Irons saving me big time, but early extension with the drive = snap hook every now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Worst game in ages today.
    29 points off 16 for 18 holes.
    6 pars 6 bogeys and 6 triples or worse.
    Short game is in bits.
    Literally didn't know what kinda shot was coming next. Duck hooks, wild slices, fat or thin iron shots. Taking off for a fortnight but still bursting to get out. Crazy game.

Level par 10 holes
    1 birdie
    8 pars
    1 bogey - 3 putt
    Hitting irons well and putting is getting much better

Level par 10 holes
    1 birdie
    8 pars
    1 bogey - 3 putt
    Some shootin, that 10 holes business though aaarrrghh. Whats wrong with big tomatoes?

• Advertisement

Level par 10 holes
    1 birdie
    8 pars
    1 bogey - 3 putt

Still didn't win the 4 ball better ball......😜

Some shootin, that 10 holes business though aaarrrghh. Whats wrong with big tomatoes?

Went to druids heath today for barton practice only to be cancelled fecking frost.
    Travelled to lucan to drop kids off first.
    Then ended up back in cill dara played 10 holes in foursomes we were 2 over.
    After all the running around felt another ten was the way to go.

Still didn't win the 4 ball better ball......😜

The golf was good

The golf was good

Felt like a cafe cook out there, a lot of scrambling going on 👅

Yep we were on frost greens today, i did not play it has to be full greens for me, lots of frost forecast for the coming week as a big high pressure sits right down on top of the country.

Felt like a cafe cook out there, a lot of scrambling going on 👅

Yea was that getting back to cill dara from druids before it got dark

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Too much chat folks :(

Played today golf was good,
    Drove it like Senna
    Steamy irons
    Chipped like an Italian
    Putted like God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Played the last 3 days on the trot. Broke par twice failed miserably to bring in a score in the coldest conditions I've ever played in yesterday morning. Needed a score for the winter league shouldve stayed in the cot.

Biggest plus is my new Odyssey No.7, 21 putts through 14 and 18 thru 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played today golf was good,
    Drove it like Senna
    Steamy irons
    Chipped like an Italian
    Putted like God

I wouldn't mind a pizza your game! :facepalm: myself

Played Saturday in the coldest weather of the year in the heritage. Had an eagle on one hole.... We'll ignore the rest of it though :D

Played dunmurry 6 over
    13 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double 3 shots to get out of bunker
    1 3putt
    irons very good
    Drive still fading
    Putted well just unlucky for couple birdies

Played Dunmurry Springs today with the Ra.

+7 ..... 78
    10 pars
    1 birdie
    6 bogey's
    1 double
    Fir 64%
    Gir 56%
    34 putts

Very enjoyable game , course in great condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Have played 3 rounds this year all midlands alliance stroke play, went 88, 84, and 79 yesterday, so if my maths is right I ll do no practice again for two weeks and shot 75 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

17 over (24pts) yesterday
    3 over (38pts) today
    funny old game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

Best round of the year so far in fog for some strange reason seem to play well when I can't see were i'm going :rolleyes: 38 points off 23.

5 Pars
    9 Bogies
    2 Double
    1 Treble
    1 Scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

17 over (24pts) yesterday
    3 over (38pts) today
    funny old game :)

One day you're the statue, the next you're the seagull :)

14 hole comp in Mitchelstown.
    2over standing on 8, 19 points in the bag. Proceeded bogey, bogey, bogey, scratch, db, bogey, db for a measly 9points back 7.

I'm blaming the hunger as it was 3 o clock and still no breakfast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Played yesterday and 25pts off 12, probably my worse score on that course, but I felt I played ok.
    7/18 GIR
    10/13 FIR

Blanked 2 holes while I was on the green in regulation, don't ask:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    Played yesterday and 25pts off 12, probably my worse score on that course, but I felt I played ok.
    7/18 GIR
    10/13 FIR

Blanked 2 holes while I was on the green in regulation, don't ask:rolleyes:

Sorry, but have to ask :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sorry, but have to ask :eek:

Let sleeping dogs lie.......

Ok, first was the 18th (shotgun start so started on the 4th). Winter pins so pin is right at the front of green just at the top of a very steep slope that runs down to fairway. Had a 20ft put from middle of green to pin, shaved the edge of the hole (slowly enough) and ran the whole way off green, next putt is back up steep slope, bit too firm and leave myself 10ft back to pin. I do the exact same thing again and run it off the green. Its a brutal pin and really unfair, but this time of year its just nice to have full greens and in great shape.

Next was the 3rd, our last hole. Very easy hole, but the green makes up for it. Pin on a slope and I'm 15ft away on the high side of pin, roll it by with my first, hammer my second back up and then miss a tiddler back. At that stage we were just laughing and with 25 points on the card, I didn't loose any sleep over it:D

Two weeks ago I was out and leaving every putt short, so yesterday I said I would give everything a good rap and I did, hopefully next week it will be somewhere in between and a few might drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

33 points around Corballis off 5 in pretty crazy conditions for the first 6/7 holes, still windy for the rest. Hit hybrid into 1st and came up short, crazy wind, putting was good today which saved me, 27 putts. Was qualifying so interesting to see the what the css will be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Senna wrote: »
    Let sleeping dogs lie.......

Ok, first was the 18th (shotgun start so started on the 4th). Winter pins so pin is right at the front of green just at the top of a very steep slope that runs down to fairway. Had a 20ft put from middle of green to pin, shaved the edge of the hole (slowly enough) and ran the whole way off green, next putt is back up steep slope, bit too firm and leave myself 10ft back to pin. I do the exact same thing again and run it off the green. Its a brutal pin and really unfair, but this time of year its just nice to have full greens and in great shape.

Few years back I played Dunmurry for the first time, think it's the 4th where the green is high up an ever ascending fairway, I hit my second to the back of the green (delighted with myself). When I got up there the pin was right at the front, left my first putt well short (very long putt) then slided my next putt just by and it proceeded to make it's way off the green and just took up pace and well down onto the fairway, I chose a wedge for my 5th shot to get back onto the green and made it (just) only for the ball to edge back off the green and accelerate way past where I was standing so 6th shot into middle of the green for a scratch and picked up! Was a laugh, birdie putt (in theory) to a scratch after having to go back to two wedges!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

38pts (off 5) at the Portmarnock Links on Wed (semi-open)

+6 (14pts) on front nine
    -3 (24pts) on back nine

I think there's a 40pts in but I'm chuffed to be cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

dar_cool wrote: »
    33 points around Corballis off 5 in pretty crazy conditions for the first 6/7 holes, still windy for the rest. Hit hybrid into 1st and came up short, crazy wind, putting was good today which saved me, 27 putts. Was qualifying so interesting to see the what the css will be.

28 puts off 5. Best thing I did was mark Dar's card :-)
    Respectable from tee to green but lots of flubbing on and around greens.
    5 club wind for first half dozen holes didn't help.

• Advertisement

dar_cool wrote: »

Well Parlance had 35 (I think) - Pcasso 39 and I had 31.

I think you were unlucky - as conditions fine later on dar.

Seen your name on sheet - didn't know your name was Mr Cool ;)

38pts (off 5) at the Portmarnock Links on Wed (semi-open)

+6 (14pts) on front nine
    -3 (24pts) on back nine

I think there's a 40pts in but I'm chuffed to be cut

amazing score there on back.

Where did you get the gold ?

Back playing good golf for the day.

Lads - we were waiting for a day like that - best of the year.
    All course in play - full rules - 12 holes. Wish it was 18.

24 pts for 12 - was 1 over for my first 9.

Delighted to be back playing good golf.

Unusually also got up and down from places I should and got up and down from I places I shouldn't.

Didn't finish brilliant. But happy out. Putter hot,

Played our hallowed turf this morning, 4 over standing on the ninth, hit a decent drive, a bit on the left. Took me 3 wood out and hit a real good shot, but a little left hit the only branch of a tree that overhangs the fairway full on never to be seen again, a dirty great 8. Got me sally noggin together with a swift talking to on the 10th tee and did a level par back nine for 41 points and a 79 gross. 18 holes on a lovely calm spring morning, i need another fix ASAP.

Played our hallowed turf this morning, 4 over standing on the ninth, hit a decent drive, a bit on the left. Took me 3 wood out and hit a real good shot, but a little left hit the only branch of a tree that overhangs the fairway full on never to be seen again, a dirty great 8. Got me sally noggin together with a swift talking to on the 10th tee and did a level par back nine for 41 points and a 79 gross. 18 holes on a lovely calm spring morning, i need another fix ASAP.

Jaysus, how come you couldn't score like that last year..... 😜

• Advertisement
Advertisement