Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung American Fridge Freezer Problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

sandin wrote: »
    Samsung are still doing the repairs to this free of charge - they use local engineers who have done hundreds of them and it takes them 10 minutes.

You have to call their service line, but be prepared to test your patience. (its on their website)

Its a call centre in Korea and they are not the most proficient english speakers. You will have to know your alpha numeric alphabet - print one out before calling them, it will save you an awful lot of time. (A for Alpha, B for Bravo etc)

Also, have your serial number with you.

But once it is registered the next call is from a local service engineer - mine was repaired the following morning.

If the issue is not to do with the fan freezing, the guy will fix it and charge you the call out fee of €60, but at the same time get him to do the fax fix too so that there's no need for a further call out.

It must have changed radically so from last year I was dealing with the service centre in Dublin and when local service company came out to my RS21 it was 'beyond economic repair' as it needed to be regassed apparently and I got a new fridge out if it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 badger1957

does anyone know where i can get a second hand or new motor for the freezer fan in a samsung cool n cool fridge freezer..top fridge bottom freezer..9 yrs old...my fridge and freezer are both not keeping their temperatures bit still running...spoit food etc ..nightmare..in dublin....

badger1957 wrote: »
    does anyone know where i can get a second hand or new motor for the freezer fan in a samsung cool n cool fridge freezer..top fridge bottom freezer..9 yrs old...my fridge and freezer are both not keeping their temperatures bit still running...spoit food etc ..nightmare..in dublin....
    sounds like you need that looked at by a service company........

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chuka

Hi, I bought this American fridge since 2007, after the waranty expired we have having problems upon problems. We do spend 200-300 euros to repair but to no avail. Please do me a favour how can we get right than spending a very year. This problem, making a noise and finally stop freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

My daughter bought RS7527BHBC American fridge freezer for €799. from HARVEY NORMAN last Christmas to go with her new kitchen. 4 weeks later it broke down destroying everything. Took weeks to get it sorted . Now last week its gone again and had the man from AVC said there has been several Samsung freezers with the same circuit board problems, so they replaced all three of them. But it doesn't seem to have worked. Hers is the first one to go for the second time. Now she bought it when Harvey Normans were having a sale and Samsung said she could have her money back but they don't have one to replace it at the same price. They are €100 extra. and Samsung offered her €50 as a good will gesture and nothing for all the food she has had destroyed. So DONT BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS.

My daughter bought RS7527BHBC American fridge freezer for €799. from HARVEY NORMAN last Christmas to go with her new kitchen. 4 weeks later it broke down destroying everything. Took weeks to get it sorted . Now last week its gone again and had the man from AVC said there has been several Samsung freezers with the same circuit board problems, so they replaced all three of them. But it doesn't seem to have worked. Hers is the first one to go for the second time. Now she bought it when Harvey Normans were having a sale and Samsung said she could have her money back but they don't have one to replace it at the same price. They are €100 extra. and Samsung offered her €50 as a good will gesture and nothing for all the food she has had destroyed. So DONT BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS.
    That sounds just awful and from the sound of your email I think Samsung can go a bit further than that. Is it still inside the 1st year of purchase? There is also the sale of goods act If not. I would not be happy with the way that was left by the company and having been in the same situation also would not be afraid of going the legal route or at least informing the company of my intention in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

seaniefr wrote: »
    That sounds just awful and from the sound of your email I think Samsung can go a bit further than that. Is it still inside the 1st year of purchase? There is also the sale of goods act If not. I would not be happy with the way that was left by the company and having been in the same situation also would not be afraid of going the legal route or at least informing the company of my intention in that regard.

Nothing to do with Samsung. The Retailer is responsible and must also replace any food lost.

Nothing to do with Samsung. The Retailer is responsible and must also replace any food lost.

Is it really Harvey Norman who are responsible for the cost of the lost food. American Fridge Freezer was bought in Nov. 2013 and delivered middle of December. Broke in end January 2014

Is it really Harvey Norman who are responsible for the cost of the lost food. American Fridge Freezer was bought in Nov. 2013 and delivered middle of December. Broke in end January 2014
    Well you could try the national consumer agency or citizens information to establish who might be liable for the contents as well as replacing the unit. My case was 5 years outside of purchase date and Samsung provided me with a new unit but every case is different as mine had a whole programme segment devoted to that particular Model by BBC watchdog in the UK so a bit of homework might help. I would be pretty sure that while you might be corresponding with Harvey Norman any warranty decisions would ultimately be taken by Samsung as HN are just the middle men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 catherine7

hi, sorry i am not sure how to go about my problem but i filled out a questionnaire about the recall of samsung fridge freezers, i left all my information and their promise was to get back in touch with me within 14 days to arrange a home visit , a couple of months have gone by without a phone call or an e mail ,thanks.

• Advertisement

seaniefr wrote: »
    Well you could try the national consumer agency or citizens information to establish who might be liable for the contents as well as replacing the unit. My case was 5 years outside of purchase date and Samsung provided me with a new unit but every case is different as mine had a whole programme segment devoted to that particular Model by BBC watchdog in the UK so a bit of homework might help. I would be pretty sure that while you might be corresponding with Harvey Norman any warranty decisions would ultimately be taken by Samsung as HN are just the middle men.

Samsung have replaced her fridge freezer with one exactly the same model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

catherine7 wrote: »
    hi, sorry i am not sure how to go about my problem but i filled out a questionnaire about the recall of samsung fridge freezers, i left all my information and their promise was to get back in touch with me within 14 days to arrange a home visit , a couple of months have gone by without a phone call or an e mail ,thanks.

Have you called or emailed them?

i cannot find that page again so i have no idea of their email address, as you can guess i'm not very computer wise.....so all help welcome....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

catherine7 wrote: »
    i cannot find that page again so i have no idea of their email address, as you can guess i'm not very computer wise.....so all help welcome....
    Check your email again in case a spam filter has moved it into a Junk or Spam folder.

If still nothing, you could email them again or better still phone them:
    Contact details : http://www.samsung.com/ie/info/contactus.html

Thank you very much for your help slimjimmc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Hi folks I purchased a Samsung American fridge freezer in November 2008 which has been very troublesome since. Basically what happens is the temperature of both units goes away up but still displays -25 for freezer until you plug it out and back in again when it will display +1 obviously everything will be melted at this stage.

Now quite a lot of warranty work has been carried out even up to this year but Samsung have stated its now my own problem as the warranty is long out.. Have I any comeback here as the fridge was wrong from day one..

Thanks.

Did you complain to the seller when the faults originally appeared?

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Did you contact the seller when the faults originally appeared?

I didn't as they were gone bust so I dealt directly with Samsung. .

Truckermal wrote: »
    I didn't as they were gone bust so I dealt directly with Samsung. .
    No comeback then. Samsung have met the terms of the guarantee so they've met their legal obligations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the long running Samsung fridge thread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Hi folks I purchased a Samsung American fridge freezer in November 2008 which has been very troublesome since. Basically what happens is the temperature of both units goes away up but still displays -25 for freezer until you plug it out and back in again when it will display +1 obviously everything will be melted at this stage.

Now quite a lot of warranty work has been carried out even up to this year but Samsung have stated its now my own problem as the warranty is long out.. Have I any comeback here as the fridge was wrong from day one..

Thanks.

doesn't sound like the issue samsung did a free fix for, possibly the temperature control unit / compressor unit has malfunctioned and needs replacement. These things happen over time to some refridgeration units - sometimes its worth repairing, sometimes its not.

After 7 years, it would be difficult to look for warranty repair especially as the retailer is gone, but call outs from local repair places are usually about €50 and they can say whether its worth repairing or not.

Cheers Samsung have actually called out a few times in relation to this and have replaced various components yet the problem persists one would imagine after paying 1600 euros it would last longer..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinimc

Hi All,

Just like the rest of you, I too bought a Samsung Fridge Freezer in November 2009 and is one of the models that was recalled. I had a sensor replaced in it in 2012 after I went back to the shop to complain about the fridge freezing up and making noise. They did this repair FOC. Now i'm back to the same problem again and I had someone look at it and straight away he said the fridge was recalled. My question is if a product is recalled and given the BBC Watch Dog programme that said some fridges pose a fire hazard, should it not be up to the shop that you purchased it from or Samsung to notify all customers that have bought these models? My husband works in a garage and if they have any cars or parts recalled, they are required by law to contact all customers and inform them what to do.
    I was never contacted and now nearly 7 years later and out of warranty i'm faced with either having to pay up for a repair or pay for a new fridge (not Samsung!!).

tinimc wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just like the rest of you, I too bought a Samsung Fridge Freezer in November 2009 and is one of the models that was recalled. I had a sensor replaced in it in 2012 after I went back to the shop to complain about the fridge freezing up and making noise. They did this repair FOC. Now i'm back to the same problem again and I had someone look at it and straight away he said the fridge was recalled. My question is if a product is recalled and given the BBC Watch Dog programme that said some fridges pose a fire hazard, should it not be up to the shop that you purchased it from or Samsung to notify all customers that have bought these models? My husband works in a garage and if they have any cars or parts recalled, they are required by law to contact all customers and inform them what to do.
    I was never contacted and now nearly 7 years later and out of warranty i'm faced with either having to pay up for a repair or pay for a new fridge (not Samsung!!).
    From what I can remember, they were not recalled but they came round to my house and fitted a fuse unit within the fridge to overcome that hazard. When it finally gave up the ghost, the call out guy said that"it was beyond economical repair" when I got on to them I threatened them with the legal route and quoted the programme and all the rest so I got a replacement out of them but I had a fridge gotten by someone else at that stage. AFAIK they extended the warranty period to 5 years for some models. I would never have as much as a biro made by Samsung in the house again. Basically if you can't get any good out of Samsung then you will probably have to replace it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Hi, I think I am having the same problem, I bought mine around October 2009 and I can hear a funny noise from inside it sometimes, is it too late to ring Samsung?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 tinimc

Hi bullvine,

From what I know that noise is the fan trying to turn around but its full of ice. I have had someone trying all day yesterday to get onto Samsung, they have hung up on them and left him on hold for hours. They have very bad customer service by the sound of it and from ready other posts. At this stage i dont' know where I stand. I'm hoping they will make the repair as it is a recall. I dont' really have the money to go replacing the fridge now at this stage. Also make sure you have your Serial Number which is on a sticker inside your fridge door possibly on the left hand side before you ring Samsung. Hope this helps.

Hi bullvine,

From what I know that noise is the fan trying to turn around but its full of ice. I have had someone trying all day yesterday to get onto Samsung, they have hung up on them and left him on hold for hours. They have very bad customer service by the sound of it and from ready other posts. At this stage i dont' know where I stand. I'm hoping they will make the repair as it is a recall. I dont' really have the money to go replacing the fridge now at this stage. Also make sure you have your Serial Number which is on a sticker inside your fridge door possibly on the left hand side before you ring Samsung. Hope this helps.
    All that ever worked for me was email as the person dealing with that stuff at the time was only dealing with it in the mornings at so I was told

Check that your doors are aligned properly as this was causing mine to ice up.

Hi bullvine,

Just defrost the fridge?

thanks, i have defrosted the fridge but it comes back again after a couple of months, the fan does be covered in ice, i will look into sending them an email, might be easier.

• Advertisement

Check that your doors are aligned properly as this was causing mine to ice up.

Any idea how to know if they are not aligned correctly? is it obvious?

bullvine wrote: »
    thanks, i have defrosted the fridge but it comes back again after a couple of months, the fan does be covered in ice, i will look into sending them an email, might be easier.

Same problem myself but a defrost sorts it for a year. Mind you i take off panels and get into the back to ensure all the ice is gone. Good luck anyway!

Same problem myself but a defrost sorts it for a year. Mind you i take off panels and get into the back to ensure all the ice is gone. Good luck anyway!

yeah i have done that as well, problem i have is where to put the food thats in the freezer while i do it

bullvine wrote: »
    Any idea how to know if they are not aligned correctly? is it obvious?

Yes the door should be flush with the seals , my door had dropped a fraction but enough for the fridge to cause that ice in the rear of the compartment. Mine would be displaying the proper temperature but everything would be melted, if you switched it off and on the temperature display would show the correct temp and it would cool again. Since I fixed the door and cleaned the seals throughly it's perfect since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

We had the problem.

Each time I took the back off to defrost it and had bits of stuff all over the kitchen and the hair dryer out and the whole lot it chipped away at my soul

In the end we got a standalone larder fridge and an undercounter freezer

NEVER again will I buy samsung I had a pain in me hole arguing with them as well.

Email was the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kayjames1

Hoe do u take off back panels?

kayjames1 wrote: »
    Hoe do u take off back panels?

Pull out the bottom shelf (not the storage box) then clip off the vented panels where the bottom shelf would have been. I think there is a screw or two to remove then. It's fairly simple, just take it easy. You'll probably find a big lump of ice, a hairdryer will melt it out quite handily.

Pull out the bottom shelf (not the storage box) then clip off the vented panels where the bottom shelf would have been. I think there is a screw or two to remove then. It's fairly simple, just take it easy. You'll probably find a big lump of ice, a hairdryer will melt it out quite handily.

I think there is 4 Phillips screws behind it, mine started playing up again but I left it outside during the hot weather for 2 days and it's perfect now..

Just to let you know, I sent Samsung an Email on Friday and they have got back to me looking for some extra information and mentioned that I might be eligible for a one time repair upgrade.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

My Samsung fridge started making the fan on ice noise a couple of months ago and was really bugging me so I went through the defrosting process. I had a bit of hassle getting the freezer to work properly fter that but after a couple of days everything was back to normal.

Recently the noise started up again.faint but obvious. Then today I noticed the bottom of the fridge I'd much colder than the top. I used a thermometer and the bottom shelf is reading -7 degrees and the top is cureentry +7.

Any advice? I'm going to take the back panel off again and clear of ice. Is my fridge knackered? I got it in 2009 I think.

• Advertisement

I got a reply from them, they originally asked me had I a yellow sticker on the back, so I checked and i do, this is the response.

Based on the information that you have provided and the transactions that I have reviewed on your account, please be advised that your unit has been upgraded already as indicated by the yellow sticker at the back of the unit.

What we could suggest now, in order for the issue to be rectified, is to have an engineer visit the appliance to have it diagnosed and repaired. Please find below the link of the service center that covers within and near your area.

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/servicelocation/

Not sure what to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Same problem too. Samsung's customer service is nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

A week and a half gone now and so far they've not returned a single call and actually hung up on us twice (once me, once my fiancé.... pretended they couldn't hear/understand us after we had reminded them we had already spoken with them the previous day and asked why they had promised a call back with info "within 24 hours")

Emails ignored too aside from the very first one which said something about being back to us "shortly".

Will never, ever buy a Samsung product again. Utterly useless crowd to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mz21

I agree. Got no help from Samsung's customer service when I contacted them. Below was the 1st email that they sent me:

[font=Arial,sans-serif]"This is to acknowledge that we have received your email. In reference to your concern, please be advised that there are only certain units that are affected by the watchdog issue and need to be rectified through a one-time free repair. However, please be advised that only those units that were manufactured not later than June 2008 are affected. Based on the information that you have provided and the serial number of your appliance, I can confirm that it is not included in the affected units that need to be modified. Thus, we can assure you that there is no know issue on your specific appliance as it has been manufactured later than the abovementioned date and that it has been released and delivered in accordance to its specification.[/font]

For your reference, you may contact the our authorised service centre below should you wish to request for a service repair"

When I sent them another email saying I wasn't satisfied with their response this is what they sent:

I reviewed all records of your unit together with the information you have provided. Your unit's model RSH1DBRS with serial number B***** has been out of warranty since 30.04.2012. Please contact your local service centre below for your chargeable repair.

Seems like if your fridge/ freezer is out of warranty they do not want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I had problem with mine a year or so ago, the fan was hitting ice so I defrosted it. A week or so ago I noticed ice building up in the back of the fridge and rang Samsung. They wanted me to defrost it again and see if the problem returns. They told me it was manufactured sometime in 09 so wasn't eligible for the one time repair.

I defrosted it yesterday and plugged it back in today to discover the water tank has split from the ice buildup. Samsung gave me a number of a fella and it's €85 call out and about €50 for parts between the water tank and defrost element.

guil wrote: »
    I had problem with mine a year or so ago, the fan was hitting ice so I defrosted it. A week or so ago I noticed ice building up in the back of the fridge and rang Samsung. They wanted me to defrost it again and see if the problem returns. They told me it was manufactured sometime in 09 so wasn't eligible for the one time repair.

I defrosted it yesterday and plugged it back in today to discover the water tank has split from the ice buildup. Samsung gave me a number of a fella and it's €85 call out and about €50 for parts between the water tank and defrost element.

Could you PM me the name of the Guy who fixed it for you, I would rather just get it fixed at this stage, thanks

He hasn't fixed it yet but I'll PM you the number anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

can anybody tell me where the internal water filter is on a rs7667fhcsl fridge ?
    20 mins on hold to samsung customer care only to be told them dont know and ring another number that doesnt work

sc86 wrote: »
    can anybody tell me where the internal water filter is on a rs7667fhcsl fridge ?
    20 mins on hold to samsung customer care only to be told them dont know and ring another number that doesnt work

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1057883

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

thanks but thats not where my filter is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭kod12

Having an issue with my Samsung fridge. Last night it started to trip all the sockets in the house. I would reset the trip switch and then 15 mins later the fridge would trip it again. Has anyone else found a fix to this issue? I have sent in a request to Samsung online to fix this but If i could fix it faster I would with the heat and the need for a fridge. Thanks

Advertisement