Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not anti - Just criminal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

unbelievable, can they not be reported to facebook for enciting arson and criminal activity

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭everypenny

A few said that they had. Whats funny is that its reported to be a bunch of pallets under a tarp to keep them dry. Its NOT a hide. Its also on a bog so if it did catch fire then it could spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

everypenny wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/AthloneSpca/photos/a.164307830387620.1073741825.160609754090761/384666391685095/?type=1&theater

Athlone SPCA put up a picture of a 'hide' and spoke abit about deer hunting.

It would make me angry if it weren't so comical!

This was posted on the ASPCA by an anti, simply by discussing the post means she get her point across, simply ignore it, no discussion , no coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

" must....not....reply.....to....idiot"
    Phew. Almost posted to her. That woman is an absolute tw4t. If that's a deer hide then the hunter was drunk and out of it on mushies.
    She's a nasty bit of work. Apparently she'll be protesting at Duffy circus tomoro
    Might stop by after some rabbit shooting tomoro :)
    Seriously though what a fcukin idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

The woman is obviously deluded, however the response of some hunters on the Athlone spca timeline reflects badly on the hunting community.
    Comments such as : "ignorant moron"; "retard"; "attention seeking hore"; "uneducated moran" (unintentional irony in the poster's spelling).
    It was also suggested that she was on wacky backy and that she should go on a diet.
    None of the above do anything to further the cause of hunters and, as I have already said, reflects badly on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

From what I've seen on facebook she's a full time protester for animal rights,
    She seems to be at it all over ireland, going by some of her posts she's not the brightest..... cant reason with people like that!
    Best thing to do is ignore her!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Is she part of the ASPCA though? Its one thing a lone nutter saying stuff. But when an organisation speaks out against hunters it's a different story. Organisations such as this have political means which can apply political pressures.

She's part of a group called N.A.R.A (national animal rights association)
    They have a facebook page, The group are vegan....enough said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

duckman!! wrote: »
    She's part of a group called N.A.R.A (national animal rights association)
    They have a facebook page, The group are vegan....enough said!!

And consider us[hunters]" not fit to be in society."According to their web page.

http://www.naracampaigns.org/bloodsports.html
    Oh and BTW we are all psychopaths too,according to the lovely head of this delightful "organisation" one Miss Laura Broxton.Obviously a great fan of eugenics is miss Broxton,albeit kinda out of date and in the wrong country by 70 years..
    Incitement to hatred legislation anyone???

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Oh and BTW we are all psychopaths too,..........

:D:D:D:D

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

The last paragraph sums up this organisation perfectly!!

"Another way to exert power, control and dominance over a more vulnerable species."

Sounds like the definition of being a wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

" must....not....reply.....to....idiot"
    Phew. Almost posted to her. That woman is an absolute tw4t. If that's a deer hide then the hunter was drunk and out of it on mushies.
    She's a nasty bit of work. Apparently she'll be protesting at Duffy circus tomoro
    Might stop by after some rabbit shooting tomoro :)
    Seriously though what a fcukin idiot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5GJsdUJoTOeeLtafSpPK_SNqhp6QAdIorZq_0o5gLiIVWblKNTQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

duckman!! wrote: »
    The last paragraph sums up this organisation perfectly!!

How about this one fomr their "crustacean cruelty" page

PRAWNS: Prawns caught by the ‘Drag-Netting’ method are almost always beheaded and boiled alive, then pealed prior to sale

My god, i couldnt imagine being beheaded and boiled alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If your objection to drag-net fishing is down to the prawns being processed on the ship, you've rather missed the giant, seabed-destroying, species-killing point...

everypenny wrote: »
    "Another way to exert power, control and dominance over a more vulnerable species."
    Sounds like the definition of being a wife!
    Dude. Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Sparks wrote: »
    If your objection to drag-net fishing is down to the prawns being processed on the ship, you've rather missed the giant, seabed-destroying, species-killing point...

Id imagine it was the idea of being beheaded and then boiled alive
    Surely you cant be both?

Surely you cant be both?

You could be beheaded in boiling water I suppose...

Sparks wrote: »
    You could be beheaded in boiling water I suppose...

Now that's downright cruel.
    There you are relaxing in a nice hot bath and some Cnut comes in and takes your head. :P

Cool scene for a slasher film.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Surely you cant be both?

That's a question for an expert on medieval and North Korean justice I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

I think an important point here that the animal rights gang totally overlook is that, in the absence of any serious predators larger than a fox, many species become overabundant to the point of very seriously degrading or even destroying natural habitats. That especially goes for such non-native and often highly invasive and damaging species as sika deer, feral goats etc.

The animal rights crowd over-simplify what is a complex situation, choosing to see everything in human terms. Hence, for example, their release of hundreds of mink from a fur-farm in Donegal a while back, causing massive damage environmentally. In the minds of these idiots, those mink were like human prisoners in the Gulag; all you have to do is let them go and you've resolved something wrong. No consideration of the complexities.

To my mind, hunters should be arguing the case that a lot of their actions (particularly in reducing the numbers of exotic deer and feral goats) are not just ecologically beneficial, but vital, in the absence of native predators. That argument obviously wouldn't stand up where native species are concerned however.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jayzesake wrote: »
    I think an important point here that the animal rights gang totally overlook is that............
    They have not overlooked anything. They refuse to listen to any point other than the one that serves their purpose. Your point about the mink proves that. In their mind they have done the right thing and no amount off debate would change their thought process.
    To my mind, hunters should be arguing........
    We have done, ad nauseam. We even allowed debates on morality/ethics here, but after they were debated to the point they had no argument left, they resulted in name calling/accusations. So we stopped the discussion on morality & ethics. Also studies from certain organisations, current breeding plans, etc. have all been rallied out to show what we do, but they are ignored or classed as doctored to suit out agenda. So when dealing with someone whose only response to our side is this:

tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif

Why waste your breath anymore. Especially considering that at the core of any group are between 3 - 5 people, max. Even those interested in protesting only amount to 20 or so. Yes they make a lot of noise, but e make more, and frankly we only serve to highlight, and bring attention to their ramblings by trying to respond to most of their nonsense so our best bet in most cases is to ignore it and let it die like the virus it is.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Was out again this evening to have a look about as was out on Monday and I got two foxes with the shotgun on Monday. One was walking along a ditch and I waited for him to get closer before dropping him. Nice dog fox. Second one just happened to be sniffing about beside a ditch with her back turned to me at about 20 yards. So I gave a squeak and dropped her as she looked at me. A vixen this time. from a discussion about wildlife shooting, Boards.ie

This months "Animal Voice" on the ICABS website.
    Looks like another redacted to suit their purposes quote from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

"Dozens of people are expected to turn out on Bedford Row this Saturday,"

Wow.....dozens eh !!!!!

With such an onslaught we should be trembling in our boots

Think they were "drowned out" by 6 thousand plus on anti water protests.

Watch for the new headline from the antis on this.
    SUCCESS! Six THOUSAND people attended our rally in Bedford row last Saturday to protest animal abuse.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

just came across this,
    take note antis who are following this thread,you aint above the law
    https://www.facebook.com/KeepHunting?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

.243 wrote: »
    just came across this,
    take note antis who are following this thread,you aint above the law
    https://www.facebook.com/KeepHunting?fref=nf

Does anyone else find this as funny as I did?

Fair play to the blokes involved, kept it calm and mostly ignored the wailing imbicile to do their legal Fox control.

Fair play to them lads. I'm quite short tempered. I'd have lost the plot with them fxukin idiots. I'd have no one tell me what I can and cannot do on land. Especially with written fxukin permission.
    Hear her start crying when he dispatches the fox. What a fxukin idiot.
    Seriously I'd have ran a muck with her. God help people like that if they ran into me out hunting. I wouldn't be so calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Fair play to them lads. I'm quite short tempered. I'd have lost the plot with them fxukin idiots. I'd have no one tell me what I can and cannot do on land. Especially with written fxukin permission.
    Hear her start crying when he dispatches the fox. What a fxukin idiot.
    Seriously I'd have ran a muck with her. What a Cnut. God help people like that if they ran into me out hunting. I wouldn't be so calm.

If you can't keep your cool walk away, if they follow you they harass you which is a criminal offence. If they push or hit you you're being assaulted so defend yourself and make a complaint after.

Advertisement