Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese Rock & Metal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Links234 wrote: »
    Mmm, new Dir En Grey and Nocturnal Bloodlust albums so close! :D

Did you listen to the stream of The Omnigod? :)

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST -"THE OMNIGOD" (album stream): http://youtu.be/au8TRlS0TRc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No, I didn't.

btw, I was wondering, where do you normally get your albums from?

Usually CDJapan but I have ordered ARCHE Amazon.co.jp as its cheaper! CDJapan were looking £55ish in total with shipping and Amazon are charging the same with customs fees covered.

I normally order from hmv.co.jp only tried amazon.co.jp once or twice but found them a bit more expensive. Is this for the crazy First Press 2 CD and Bluray one? Seriously tempted by that one, but it's a bit pricey.

First press 2 CD and DVD but not blu-ray version :). I always find the packaging worth paying the extra for too. I just thought I'd treat myself :pac:

I'm tempted to poke someone to get it for me for Christmas :D otherwise might just be grabbing the standard edition.

the DVD version is going for ¥7,344 on hmv, just so you know ;)

But yeah, they really do put some amazing stuff into special editions and the like. I should take pics of the crazy Maximum the Hormone special edition I have

There's also a big shiny special edition of Nocturnal Bloodlust's The Omnigod which is 2CD + DVD, tempting as hell! :o

Their awesome lead guitarist "Leda" One of the best in the world.

I didn't want to indulge you, but damnit... I love Deluhi too damn much! :eek:

I'm sure you've heard Leda's other band Undivide by now, right? Well, former Deluhi drummer Sujk started a new project called Arkhelism. The second album had Juri on vocals, and Leda was meant to be a "guest" on a track, but you can kinda tell he did the whole album, so it's practically Deluhi without the original bassist. Well worth a look:

Also, yours truly may have a certain someone's signature guitar now :)

LMfWxrU.jpg

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Yeah Thanks to Babymetal I've been introduced to quite a few bands out of Japan, most with some sort of link back to the awesome "Kami" (Gods) of Metal in Babymetal. In some ways it's unfortunate that Deluhi and then Undivide had finished but fantastic because shortly after Leda joined Ohmura, Boh! and Aoyama in BM. Seeing them live twice this year was awesome.

I actually had a brief conversation with Leda online after he responded to my review of their show in Brixton. Also had a few exchanges with Yuya Maeta (BM Drummer) in the days after the show.

Leda probably is heavily involved in Arkhelism. Apart from being an insane musician, It's been said in the BM circles that He under the pseudonym " Tsubometal" produced the music for 3 tracks of the album.

So! Anyone like Matenrou Opera?

I absolutely loved their 2012 album Justice, but haven't gotten anything they've done since. They've a new album out since September, Avalon. Damnit, too much awesome stuff out lately, I can't keep up with it all! :eek:

• Advertisement

Shiiiiite...

I seem to have some trouble ordering the new Dir En Grey album :( Any edition doesn't seem to matter, it looks like I can't purchase it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Links234 wrote: »
    Shiiiiite...

I seem to have some trouble ordering the new Dir En Grey album :( Any edition doesn't seem to matter, it looks like I can't purchase it.

Are you using the english Amazon.jp?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you using the english Amazon.jp?

hmv.co.jp

I've sent them an email, so we'll see what happens

The leading lady in Metal right now, covering a song which originated from an old Anime in Japan called "Evangelion"

This is "Tamashi no Rufuran" (Soul's refrain) by Nakamoto Suzuka

Thanks to the exchange rate, the cost of the new Dir en grey album has dropped for me :pac:. 8982 ¥ including shipping and customs. Ahhh, come on Wednesday :D.

CD Japan is a good site to buy from but they are expensive. Amazon Japan sells at a lower price because the are based in Hong Kong not Tokyo

I'd usually use CDJapan but Amazon have worked out cheaper for me this time. It's a great site though. I've never had any problems with them.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I'd usually use CDJapan but Amazon have worked out cheaper for me this time. It's a great site though. I've never had any problems with them.

I got some Sakura Gakuin DVDs from CD Japan. It was a little more expensive but they through in some extras poster, Mouse pad and keyring

Got a reply from HMV, apparently the manufactures won't let them sell the album overseas. Maybe because they want folks to buy whatever European edition? If Amazon'll ship, I'll grab it there, I just normally always order from HMV, they're exceptionally good and I usually get coupons and stuff for money off orders.

• Advertisement

Well, ordered from amazon.co.jp with no troubles. Seriously pumped excited for the album, but won't be getting it until Christmas day because my mum said she'd get it for me :D Oh the anticipation! :eek:

Also a two minute clip of Un Deux on Youtube!

Yay :D. They tried to take the payment for mine about an hour ago but I don't get paid until midnight so whoops lol. I heard something about an EU version being delayed until January 23rd. That or I imagined it :pac:

Yeah, read something like that on their facebook before like a week ago or something, but can't find it now. Don't think the EU release will be anywhere near as awesome as the Japanese limited editions though, I think it's only the normal and 2CD version we'd be getting.

There was a double vinyl for Dum Spiro Spero. I''ll be quite content with the Japanese version anyway :D.

Somebody had a really insane copy of Uroboros on Vinyl up on adverts.ie a while back, didn't get it because I'm not so much into vinyl

That'd be the deluxe version with two cds, double vinyl and DVD if I remember correctly. The limited edition of ARCHE is looking quite tame in comparison :pac:.

• Advertisement

Oh, by the way! I said I'd get pics of the new Maximum The Hormone album, because it's a really cool edition with a freakin' comic book. No joke! But it's more than a little NSFW, so if anyone wants to see it, let me know and I'll PM you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Kyo's screams sounding great in that

Reiketsu wrote: »

Only just watched this vid now, and holy **** that was dark! :eek:

It seems to be a continuation of the Saku and Kodou videos. My copy is sitting as "Preparing for Shipment" on Amazon now. Estimated delivery is tomorrow....Unless the plane drops it at my doorstep that is never going to happen!

Middling quality, but I'll take it :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah, can't watch that, potato quality >_< I'll wait for my Christmas present and see it then ;)

Haha, it's not the worst tbh! My order still hasn't shipped. Everyone I know that has ordered it are on the same boat, no matter where they ordered it from. Japanese fans have theirs but aren't sharing the wealth as usual.

Well, it appears my order has just shipped, got a tracking number with DHL, so hopefully yours should be also ;)

Hasn't been shipped just yet but hopefully soon! Got my hands on it anyway :P

Okay, y'all can do your top ten albums of the year now that it's out because ARCHE needs to be on it....holy crap.

I'm thinking that Arche is seriously gonna overshadow a load of other releases... I'm pretty excited for the new D, Sadie, Nocturnal Bloodlust, and new Jupiter albums too. Also may have snatched up that new Matenrou Opera :D

Ah yes, really looking forward to The Omnigod in particular :D. I'm nearly finished my second listen of Arche now. Uroko immediately stands out for me. And Phenomenon. And Tousei. And Kaishun, Behind a Vacant Image....

Yeah, The Omnigod should be absolutely class ;)

I'm not gonna listen to Arche until I actually get the album at Christmas, don't want to spoil the anticipation! Mostly getting albums for xmas from everyone :D

Also means I gotta wait until then to listen to the new D album Kingdom too :o

Ah god no, not a chance I could wait to listen to it if it was available. I have no patience :P. This has bettered my expectations anyway!

The anticipation is mighty! But I'm all buzzed about Christmas anyway

By the way, you listen to The Gazette? What did you think of Beautiful Deformity? They're a band I'd adore to catch live.

• Advertisement

I cant get into them at all :O. I don't hate them either though. I'm sure you'll have the chance some day :D.

It actually took me a bit to get into them. Picked up Division and listened to it a good few times until I really go into it, been trying to get my hands on more of their back catalogue, got Stacked Rubbish and now Toxic, some seriously good albums :D

What about Nightmare?

I really like them, they're very different to the usual

Wouldn't say I am overly familiar with them but I do like that song :). Will have to listen to them further!

Awesome! :D

I'd say most people would know them from the opening theme of Death Note, so if you've ever seen that, this'll be well familiar to you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Just listened to Arche ....Wow :eek: Absolutely incredible.

I can't stop listening to it. I already love it more than Dum Spiro Spero. There are elements of their older sound during the album at times but it still sounds really fresh. I didn't have any doubt this would be album of the year for me but I can confirm it now :P.

Thought you'd enjoy this, Links
    Brothergamesh/Cockturnal nomikai!
    B4gHC38CcAAQlSm.jpg
    :P

Guys from Nocturnal Bloodlust and Girugamesh hanging out? :D That's pretty awesome ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Loads of great new stuff yea, but if you want some power metal Japan's been doing that for an age:

• Advertisement

Ah the Sex Machineguns are like Japan's Steel Panther, I saw them in person once when they were doing an instore event in HMV in Tokyo I think?

Advertisement