Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 184 - Rousey vs Zingano

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

piss poor card, only looking forward to the Ferguson fight

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not the greatest card on paper but I had the same feeling going into last weekend's Fight Night card and it turned out to be rather entertaining. Will be interesting to see how Koscheck gets on. Incredible to see how far he's slid really.

Holly Holm is an absolute monster and am expecting an early KO from her.

As for Rousey and Zingano... Not really sure. Expect Ronda to win but not all that comfortably.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

No real interest in any of the fights except the womens. I think Rousey is sensational to watch. Her judo is just so good and her moves are effortless and slick.

Hope she gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Not her fault but I think its boring as her fights are so predictable because she is a level above everyone else. Shes a 1/9f v Zingano and they are making the previews like its some sort of a scratch match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What a horrendous PPV card. It would be bad even for a fight night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Zingano is a beast. Rousey's toughest test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Zingano has a tendency to start slow and I think that will be her downfall here. I'd prefer Munoz to be on the main card over Jouban/Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Just by looking at Zingano I'd guess that she's on some sort of ped

Chicks arms and shoulders are thick!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Go Tobban wrote: »
    Just by looking at Zingano I'd guess that she's on some sort of ped

Chicks arms and shoulders are thick!
    She's been wrestling for maybe 20 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As much as it's great watch Rousey fight, it would be nice to see Cat do the business here and keep the division interestingas well as give her a well needed personal lift. I think Ronda is just too much of a beast for her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

That_Guy wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how Koscheck gets on. Incredible to see how far he's slid really.

I was thinking the same about jake myself

saying that I suppose you would expect josh to have lost to hendricks, lawler and woodley
    jake losing to lawler mac and gastelum, again with the possible exception of gastelum you would expect jake to lose to the other two

interesting fight and a hard one to call, josh the underdog
    cant call it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Re: Weigh ins.

Anyone else notice a huge difference in size between the the main event fighters and the co-main fighters? On appearances alone, you'd be forgiven for thinking the two fights were in different weight classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Really really hope Zingano does it, Ronda comes across as a bully, really didn't like her after her stint on TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

im hoping for Zingano but expecting a relatively easy nights work for Rousey if im completely honest.

Besides Rousey being so far up hr own ar$e, i hate the fact that the UFC are completely ignoring Zingano in all of the embedded videos. They're not giving her air time at all. Completely disrespectful imo.

But resting bitch face will win it fairly comfortable, she is light years ahead of the rest of the women in the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Fancy Ronda to take it but think it'll go into the 3rd or 4th. We're not going to see her properly in trouble until she fights Cyborg, who is headlining an Invicta show in July now.

My money is on Ronda against Cyborg UFC 200 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

5.5 to one Zingano.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Cyborg smashed her opponent last night, 46 seconds or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Holly Holm to walk through Pennington within 2 rounds. Interested in the main event. I think Cat's only hope is to out wrestle Rhonda... and I'm not sure how she'll do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Cyborg smashed her opponent last night, 46 seconds or something

Cheers for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Just waiting for the prelims to start. I forgot to cancel my UFC Fight Pass after last month for McGregor so looks like I have another month of it haha.....might as well enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cant see Rousey taking more than a round to finish Cat, Zingano starts to slow. Fully expect a first round armbar, expect Holm to win via vicious headkick in the fight before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only just noticed Koscheck on the card, he's back ???? He's a weird one to me. I feel like I;ve seen him fight loads but his record would belie that. He doesn't actually fight that much at all. :confused:

Anyway I see him winning this one later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah Koscheck back after a 16 month rest, hes fought 23 UFC fights since 2005, taking into account the layoff too thats 2-3 fights most years which is pretty normal. He's someone I just cant take too, love to see him lose but feel he will grind out a decision tonight.

Potts doesnt want any of this second round. Lewis just stalking his prey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Joe Rogan said he thinks Ronda is the most dominant combat sport female? I think she is great but you would have to say its Katie Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Joe Rogan said he thinks Ronda is the most dominant combat sport female? I think she is great but you would have to say its Katie Taylor

Probably doesn't count it coz it's amateur ?? She would have a lot more bouts than rouseys had too

WOw! That was fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Means looked great there. Total domination!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lima isnt UFC standard IMO; has looked fairly poor now all the time. Great KO

• Advertisement

That would be an amazing fight. Do you think Katie might consider a move into MMA someday?

Advertisement