Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Israel a terrorist state?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

True.

Time the Palestinians got over loosing their land too.

And time the Irish people got over the famine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Jaap wrote: »
    I admire Israel because it looks after its people and it takes no nonsense from anyone...especially terrorists!!!

care to elaborate about that ludicrous statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

And those deals were only achieved after the Arabs attacked Israel unfortunately to find that Israel wasn't going to just roll over and die.

Even if what you say was correct, it doesn't change the fact that the claim being made was a false one, which is what I was replying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Selkies wrote: »
    Absolutely is has done damage to the sympathy given the Jewish people, however the Jewish people aren't responsible for the actions of the Israeli Government, that would be the Israeli people who voted for them.

I really hope that you are not a racist, for your sake at least, they aren't very popular these days.

holocaust denial is a crime , but then the denial of basic human rights by Israel is also a crime . part of the reason that israel behaves as it does is because of US support , this US support , Israel right or wrong is due to the Jewish lobby in US therfore it is not just the actions of israeli people

thank you for your concern re my racism , i call a spade a spade , ogh shi...t that's racist too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

danbohan wrote: »
    holocaust denial is a crime , but then the denial of basic human rights by Israel is also a crime . part of the reason that israel behaves as it does is because of US support , this US support , Israel right or wrong is due to the Jewish lobby in US therfore it is not just the actions of israeli people

thank you for your concern re my racism , i call a spade a spade , ogh shi...t that's racist too !

actually it's due to a zionist movement that is made up of mostly fundamentalist Christians. You know, the guys that got George Bush elected.

:P The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Selkies wrote: »
    I've met a lot of jews and none of them have tried to guilt trip me...

I don't think it was right for them to refuse the Jews entry. It made the Irish state as guilty as the nazi collaborators. I just said it was understandable, fear makes people do monsterous things.

Then again we did show preference to the British pilots who crash landed in Ireland by transporting them across the border into northern Ireland where as the Germans were simply arrested.
    Well I lived amongst many Jewsish people and had/have some jewish fr8iends and believe me they do try to send us on guiolt trips for historic events. I just shrug it off and refuse to bother as what happened in WW2 does not bother me or interest me in how many died. What/who were/are Nazi collaborators? Personally I feel we were right to turn them away as we did not need any problems. The Germans who landed were treated with respect and were allowed freedom which is the right way to humanely treat POW's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Hamas (........)of that.

I believe I asked you a question earlier.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66154997&postcount=23

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

wes wrote: »
    Comments like this are in no way helpful towards the discussion. They are wrong and hurtful. There is no need for this sort of thing.

I think that such comments are helpful and extremely revealing.

Does anybody know of any studies that have been done on the anti-semitism to which Irish people are so prone? It's fascinating. I'm reminded of the story of the elderly Irish woman who was on a visit to Israel. When asked at passport control why she was visiting Israel she confided that she wanted to visit the site where the Jews murdered Jesus. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Does anybody know of any studies that have been done on the anti-semitism to which Irish people are so prone? It's fascinating. I'm reminded of the story of the elderly Irish woman who was on a visit to Israel. When asked at passport control why she was visiting Israel she confided that she wanted to visit the site where the Jews murdered Jesus. :D
    Well they helped the Romans to kill him. They sent him to his death.

I think (....)Jesus. :D

If all you have to add to the discussion is vague implications of anti-semitism, then you've really nothing to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Nodin wrote: »
    If all you have to add to the discussion is vague implications of anti-semitism, then you've really nothing to add.

Have to say Nodin I always find it too difficult to follow your posts as you abbreviate what you are replying to, to a couple of words. Far too hard for people to go trawling back through the posts to see what you are replying to, to put it in context

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ronanos

these crowd of arrogant Israelis are worse than Hitler ever was to any Jews.

When are the UN going to invade and sort it out.

Should Ireland tell the Israeli ambassador to take himself and the embassy out of our country.

Stuff like this isn't helpful either. Claiming Irish people are Anti-Semites, due to a single poster, who later clarified there post is absurd.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Have to say(.....)to put it in context

Post 100.....which is now Post 99, somebody having done something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Yes they are an illegal terrorist state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sleepwalker73

Israel used too much power.
    Video shows the "activists" did attack the Israeli military.

Provocation, clearly

And, YES, I don't work for Mossad, Israel, USA or any other party. Not jewish either - I'm an atheist (that's why I think BEFORE I post!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

And, YES, I don't work for Mossad, Israel, USA or any other party. Not jewish either - I'm an atheist (that's why I think BEFORE I post!)

Must be thinking a lot then as you only have 2 posts in over 2 years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sleepwalker73

Good for ya for noticing.

I'm probably a Mossad "message board sleeper".

Dangerous one!

If seriously, this came from a Russian-speaking Irish message board: http://virtualireland.ru/showthread.php?t=39459

AND!

I got a LIFE -not spending it on message boards. You didn't get that CLUE?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Good for ya for noticing.

I'm probably a Mossad "message board sleeper".

Dangerous one!

If seriously, this came from a Russian-speaking Irish message board: http://virtualireland.ru/showthread.php?t=39459

AND!

I got a LIFE -not spending it on message boards. You didn't get that CLUE?

More thinking is required, I'm afraid - don't make it so I have to infract you on post number 3.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

You know how History has a habit of repeating itself, does anyone think if Israel carry on the way they are that the USA will turn their backs on Israel and yet again their very existence will be at stake....obivously not in the short term but in 50 / 100 years?? Its happened enough times already on Jews that its not entirely unfeasible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Lets not forget that last week the South African government published documents which showed that in the late '70s Israel was prepared to sell nuclear weapons to the apartheid regime . Food for thought.

Linkywinky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Isreal is a Nuclear armed nation,they don't really need America,America needs them,they are a terrorist state, problem is they are almost untouchable because of the weaponry they have at their disposal.

...unless that weaponry means they don't have to trade, yes indeed they are vulnerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Nijmegen wrote: »
    This thread seems to be more a generalized look at Israel, no? We have other discussions for this specific incident.

The Israeli policy is "Israeli security and protecting Israeli lives above most other concerns."

If you lived beside the sea in a country that could be cut in half by tanks in a few short hours, your grandparents came out of concentration camps, your schoolbuses are a favourite target for suicide bombers and rockets habitually land randomly on your country, you'd probably not be as quick to condemn a strong military defence.

Military offence you mean no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Ahh ok yes if that is what he is on about. Yes we were right at that time to refuse entry as we may have been attacked.

Cowardice is not an excuse for doing nothing to alleviate the suffering of a race that was being exterminated.
    time they got over it.

You are taking the piss, surely? Look at the numpties on these boards who claim that the Famine was genocide, or scream eight hundred years? And the Jews should just "get over" the death of six million people sixty years ago?

dan719 wrote: »
    Cowardice is not an excuse for doing nothing to alleviate the suffering of a race that was being exterminated.

I agree, which is why the siege of Gaza needs to end asap.
    You are taking the piss, surely? Look at the numpties on these boards who claim that the Famine was genocide, or scream eight hundred years? And the Jews should just "get over" the death of six million people sixty years ago?

Sure, I don't expect anyone to get over historical wrongs, but when they use them to murder, steal from, and treat other people like ****, then I think it fair to have an issue with there actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

wes wrote: »
    I agree, which is why the siege of Gaza needs to end asap.

Sure, I don't expect anyone to get over historical wrongs, but when they use them to murder, steal from, and treat other people like ****, then I think it fair to have an issue with there actions.

The siege of Gaza is not genocide.

When has Israel used the Holocaust as an excuse to "murder, steal....". What happened yesterday wasn't murder. A PR Cock up yes, a successful martyrdom mission for Pro Hamas nutjobs, definitely, murder, not so much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Why is it not genoicde? According to the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, ironically drawn up in 1948 in the aftermath of WW2:
    "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Of course it isn't, yet.

It still however needs to be opposed, as it is an illegal act of collective punishment against 1.5 million people. Also, a prime example of Israel being a terrorist state, as there act of collecitive punishment is aimed at all 1.5 million people.
    When has Israel used the Holocaust as an excuse to "murder, steal....". What happened yesterday wasn't murder. A PR Cock up yes, a successful martyrdom mission for Pro Hamas nutjobs, definitely, murder, not so much.

Israeli leaders invoke the Holocaust on a pretty regular basis:
    Don't use the Holocaust to define an Iranian nuclear bomb

It is laughable to deny that Israel doesn't invoke the Holocaust on a regular basis to justify there many murderous outrages, land theft, denial of Human rights etc. Its is very well known.

Also, to claim that the floatilla people were on a martyrdom mission is absurd, they were there to break the siege, and no one taught, that the IDF would go on a murder spree, like they did. The IDF are murderers, and it is another example of Israel credentials as a terrorist state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Israel used too much power.
    Video shows the "activists" did attack the Israeli military.

Provocation, clearly

someone pushed me in a nightclub last night, does that mean I can shoot him?

Provocation is no justification

Advertisement