Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Israel a terrorist state?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Euroland wrote: »
    Another Israely propaganda bull****? ;)
    Are you claiming that Hamas does not fire rockets into Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Don't really care what people call them as I can't do much about it anyway, but my own problem with israel is that they believe they have a "god given right" to land that isn't theirs....as an atheist, you can see the issue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Nijmegen wrote: »

But is it not a war, as you claim? or is it only a war when Isreal fire rockets?

But is it not a war, as you claim? or is it only a war when Isreal fire rockets?
    Hamas thinks it is at war with Israel. I daresay it would be poor national security policy to ignore this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Hamas thinks it is at war with Israel. I daresay it would be poor national security policy to ignore this.

Hamas 'thinks' it is at war with Isreal, while Isreal knows it is at war with Hamas?

The selective definitions we will come up with to justify the oppression and regular slaugher of innocent people.

• Advertisement

Hamas 'thinks' it is at war with Isreal, while Isreal knows it is at war with Hamas?

The selective definitions we will come up with to justify the oppression and regular slaugher of innocent people.
    Hamas regularly f***s high explosive rockets into Israel with no discrimination to where they land, and likely the hopes that they land on something packed with a lot of people for maximum effect.

If I was the Israeli people, I'd take a rather dim view of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Hamas regularly f***s high explosive rockets into Israel with no discrimination to where they land, and likely the hopes that they land on something packed with a lot of people for maximum effect.

Yet these rockets have killed less people in 10 years than the IDF did aid workers in 10 minutes last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Another Israely propaganda bull****? ;)

wow such a articulate piece of analysis on this very complex topic, and good spelling too.

Personally I have no dog in this fight so I really don't care how may on each side are killed, but I would much prefer if it was 0

I believe that Israelites are racist towards Jewish people and favour Jewish people.

But that does not mean that they should be wiped off the face of the earth, which is what Palestinians wish to see happen.

Yet these rockets have killed less people in 10 years than the IDF did aid workers in 10 minutes last night....
    Since when does one compare 1 for 1 in war? Israel kills more people because it's the bigger player.

The allies took out more city and people in one night of bombing Hamburg than the entire Blitz on London. Does that make the Allies evil? No. It helped them win the war.

The bigger man wins in a war. Hamas are too stupid to realise that and come to the table, as their colleagues in the W. Bank realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Has Israel committed acts of terrorism? Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yes, of course they are. What they are doing in Gaza, is simple terrorism imho, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Yes they are a terrorist state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

Those rockets are used only for defense, and extend of damage from them is microscopic relatively to the extend of genocide conducted by Israel against Palestinians on a daily basis.

Those rockets are used only for defense, and extend of damage from them is microscopic relatively to the extend of genocide conducted by Israel against Palestinians on a daily basis.
    Some defence, firing unguided rockets in the general direction of civilian population centers.

And suicide bombings on schoolbusses?

If Israel is a terrorist state, what does that make Hamas run Gaza?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gurgle wrote: »
    Whats the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter?
    Winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Yes it is , fundamentally,arrogantly and unashamedly so

You are an Israeli, working for the Israeli propaganda machine, and we can easily notice this. ;)

Some defence, firing unguided rockets in the general direction of civilian population centers.

And suicide bombings on schoolbusses?

No suicide bombings for a few years last I checked. Irregardless, Hamas's actions are of course, wrong, just like Israel illegal siege, and there own murderous assaults on civilians.

The thread is about Israel not Hamas, who are a terrorist organization, and imho the IDF are no different to them. The IDF and the Israeli government should be put on the EU list of terrorists asap, as we really wouldn't want to be one sided, and only condemn one group of terrorists, and ignore the other far bigger, and more murderour terrorist (the IDF).

Hamas is at home, it is elected by own people and it tries to defend own people against Israeli invaders’ genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You are an Israeli, working for the Israeli propaganda machine, and we can easily notice this. ;)

:rolleyes:

Israel - rogue state most definitely, heavy handed yes, walking a legal tightrope yes, frequently out of order yes. Terrorist state - not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Just been on Newstalk news that reports are coming in of 1 Irish citizen wounded in attack :(

You are an Israeli, working for the Israeli propaganda machine, and we can easily notice this. wink.gif
    Cheers. I'm not.
    No suicide bombings for a few years last I checked. Irregardless, Hamas's actions are of course, wrong, just like Israel illegal siege, and there own murderous assaults on civilians.
    Somewhere else I've seen people complaining about the tight border controls, colour coded ID's and so on in Israel. That's why there have been no suicide bombings.

I agree completely that both sides are wrong. But Israel has shown a willingness to come to the table with moderates, that Hamas has not.
    The thread is about Israel not Hamas, who are a terrorist organization, and imho the IDF are no different to them. The IDF and the Israeli government should be put on the EU list of terrorists asap, as we really wouldn't want to be one sided, and only condemn one group of terrorists, and ignore the other far bigger, and more murderour terrorist (the IDF).
    Israeli actions do not occur in a vacuum. By that token, the allies who fire bombed Hamburg and Berlin should be classed terrorists. That was their stated aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭baldbear

Yeah heard that report about the Irish person. Maybe there account of what happened will be believed.

Somewhere else I've seen people complaining about the tight border controls, colour coded ID's and so on in Israel. That's why there have been no suicide bombings.

Palestinian groups stopped them, and what you describe is just the same old racist apartheid Israel has always engaged in.
    I agree completely that both sides are wrong. But Israel has shown a willingness to come to the table with moderates, that Hamas has not.

Israel is stealing land in East Jerusalem, and the West Bank, which shows your above claim to be untrue. Israel wants land, and have shown this consistently.
    Israeli actions do not occur in a vacuum. By that token, the allies who fire bombed Hamburg and Berlin should be classed terrorists. That was their stated aim.

No, they don't occur in a vacuum. They are a part of there attempt to steal as much land as they can. So, your comparison should be flipped imho. Israel wants land, and is constantly stealing it.

And that was also the justification used by the Nazi's for the holocaust - rounding up jews, communists, gypsies etc meant their rear did't get attacked. I hate to go all godwin, but just because something is classified as anti terrorism does not mean it is right.

They were at war.... And even the Nazi's didn't attack aid convoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Jaap

I admire Israel because it looks after its people and it takes no nonsense from anyone...especially terrorists!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Yes it is , fundamentally,arrogantly and unashamedly so
    this post says it all

And that was also the justification used by the Nazi's for the holocaust - rounding up jews, communists, gypsies etc meant their rear did't get attacked. I hate to go all godwin, but just because something is classified as anti terrorism does not mean it is right.

They were at war.... And even the Nazi's didn't attack aid convoys.
    Umm, the Jews in Nazi Germany weren't blowing up school busses or firing rockets into the Tiergarten on a sunny day.

And yes, they did. As did the Allies.

Umm, the Jews in Nazi Germany weren't blowing up school busses or firing rockets into the Tiergarten on a sunny day.

Becasue they had all been rounded up. So does the end not justify the means then? Or let me guess, its somehow different when Israel breaches civil liberties at will?
    And yes, they did. As did the Allies.

No they didn't...

• Advertisement

Becasue they had all been rounded up. So does the end not justify the means then? Or let me guess, its somehow different when Israel breaches civil liberties at will?

No they didn't...
    You state the original justification for the tagging of Jews and others. The original justification Israel has is kids, little innocent kids getting blown up on busses by suicide bombers. And yes, Israel has killed kids in Palestine. But the difference I think is that Israel has proven it will talk to moderates for peace. Hamas is not moderate.

As for taking out aid convoys and others, yes, they did. Bombing civilians and other noncombat groups to drive them into the logistical supply lines of advancing armies was one such tactic used.

Advertisement