Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They had 3 in the window of the Hardware store during last week, 2 left on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

In tesco ballinaslo there are 'christmas oxford lunch' cakes with a €2.50 sticker on them in a silver packet, marked to half price but scanning for 0.62c best before 22nd feb
    Made by buttercup farm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

This goclever tablets are crap , haven't seen any positive reviews , they got one star on amazon , so you may want to add few euro and get a normal tablet if needed.
    These really are crap. Not worth getting for even the most basic of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

AstraOwner wrote: »

I have to say I got the 10.1" one of these last month and haven't had any problems with it so far, using it for the internet and games but mostly using it as an ereader using the kindle app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Loads of boxes of biscuits,chocolates etc. being cleared in Tesco Gorey,opposite the shelves of Easter eggs.Mostly Xmas stuff but dated until mid 2015 on a lot of it.My 2 yr. old didn't care,a chocolate reindeer or bear tastes nice no matter the time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

AstraOwner wrote: »

You forget though 99% of folks here are borderline kleptos this and other such cheap crap feeds their habits.

Obligatory bargain time again, giant kitkat bar with 8 regular sized kitkats inside is down to €1.75 in the christmas isle. 4 regular, 2 peanut and 2 orange inside.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Stationery - Sharpie 24 pack of permanent markers
    Promotional '80's Glam' pack (lots of interesting psychedelic colours you've never seen Sharpies in before (and are unlikely to- ever again)).
    Reduced SEL = 13.00, scanning 10.00

Tenner for a 24 pack of Sharpies- if you use these at all, its a no-brainer.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Milk tray 800g 6.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Stationery - Sharpie 24 pack of permanent markers
    Promotional '80's Glam' pack (lots of interesting psychedelic colours you've never seen Sharpies in before (and are unlikely to- ever again)).
    Reduced SEL = 13.00, scanning 10.00

Tenner for a 24 pack of Sharpies- if you use these at all, its a no-brainer.......

Thanks a mill for this - just picked up a 12-pack of assorted colours for €5.25!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Philips YS521 razor/trimming set in tesco Roscommon €24.99. £38 on amazon.

I just scanned all the ones on the shelf, there was another model 761 or something half price but it has the lift and cut blades that I don't like.
    You forget though 99% of folks here are borderline kleptos this and other such cheap crap feeds their habits.

You must be their leader with that knife in your teeth :pac:
    Well this 32 year old kid will fight to the death to score some cheap Lego
    My diabetic ridden left kidney for a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy
    2 1c items in tesco omni. You would think I was killing a puppy the way they acted, I am reporting the staff this time once I get home
    Found two items for 1c each in tesco in santry this evening, fcukers wouldn't let me have them, floor manager gave me some bollocks [....] Grrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I rate your mood as jealous, very jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

9 pack of tayto, cheese and onion or mixed bag for €2, they are near the tills as you walk in, in balbriggan - guessing it's a weekly special. They have €2 printed on the bag.

Also malteeser reindeers (same as bunny ones for easter ) are 22c each, they also have a box of about 5 mini ones for about €1.30.

Toshiba soundbars in Tralee, yellow reduced stickers says reduced from €124 to €77, but the shelf sticker sat €57.75

Toshiba soundbars in Tralee, yellow reduced stickers says reduced from €124 to €77, but the shelf sticker said€57.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

th283 wrote: »
    Toshiba soundbars in Tralee, yellow reduced stickers says reduced from €124 to €77, but the shelf sticker sat €57.75

They were that price a few weeks ago. The Asterix on the SEL means it is to clear and won't be restocked.

I considered the soundbar but the reviews of it aren't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

In Tesco Naas today Monopoly Electronic Banking €5.04, got the last one in Naas, but may be available elsewhere...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monopoly-Electronic-Banking-Board-Game/dp/B00GMEWDTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422912129&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+banking+monopoly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

leck wrote: »

Would that be ok, for an older person for just browsing & for skype & no gaming, afaik? as i've heard somewhere that celeron's are slow?

Also: Unusually for a modern laptop, the Lenovo B50-30 also includes an optical drive, a tray-load DVD reader and writer.

What's the optical drive used for?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

What's the optical drive used for?

Hint:

Mixed_cd.jpg

degsie wrote: »
    Hint:

Mixed_cd.jpg

I see now that it's the laser, terminology got me, as i thought it different to a tray-load DVD reader and writer mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know if tesco have any deals on PS4 at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Spotted Lego Junior carry case for €12.75 in Limerick city. No yellow sticker but RRP is about €26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Might be a bit of a wild goose chase...

I was in Tesco Dundrum on Sunday and they had a random Wii U 8gb basic version behind the customer services desk (never saw any Wii U consoles or games in Tesco before!). I asked for a price check and it was €228.50.

Went back into the store today and asked for a price check and it was €114! Half price.
    Very good price for what is a great console!

Might be worth keeping an eye out for however, like I said, never before seen any Wii U merchandise in Tesco...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

craggy2 wrote: »
    In Tesco Naas today Monopoly Electronic Banking €5.04, got the last one in Naas, but may be available elsewhere...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monopoly-Electronic-Banking-Board-Game/dp/B00GMEWDTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422912129&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+banking+monopoly

In Maynooth about an hour ago, about 50 of the above left. Didn't buy one myself as we have more than one Monopoly game at home but you can't really argue with the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Selected haagen dazs ice cream (€6.15) and Tesco Italian Pizza (€2.50) buy both together for €5 in Ballincollig today. Assume it's everywhere though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Haagen Dazs is regularly on offer for at around the €3 mark, and there are much better quality pizzas that Tesco's own brand regularly on offer for €2 to €2.50, so not that great a deal imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 8gb 7inch silver /white

Was €179 now €49

Barcode : 8806085144293

Haven't seen any around at all but if you call customer service maybe they can check the stock in stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had barcode checked in a store for the tablet and it's basically out of stock and not listed. I've a few more stores to visit today so I'm keeping my eye out. They certainly have the tab 3 and 4 anyway in 3 stores so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

The bar code for that tab 2 scans at €124.76 it's in stock in a few of the stores all same price

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Stuff 4 sale

Got some Christmas stock today, selection boxes €1.12, USA biscuits €2.74 large tin and a few other things. Not much left. Good date on some of the stuff.

• Advertisement

Got some Christmas stock today, selection boxes €1.12, USA biscuits €2.74 large tin and a few other things. Not much left. Good date on some of the stuff.

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

There are serious gaming bargains in the uk tescos, anybody seen similar in ireland (did see the half price wii u, thats a good one)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

imitation wrote: »
    There are serious gaming bargains in the uk tescos, anybody seen similar in ireland (did see the half price wii u, thats a good one)[/Q
    what store was the wii u?i rang tesco lastnight and confirmed they do have a big sale on 3ds xbox 360 wii,wii u and ps vita but couldnt tell me where had stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Stuff 4 sale

Where?

Tesco Clearwater :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

wilton cork

science museum ufo marked 11.70 on shelf scanning 70 cent. The reviews aren't great so maybe that's all it's worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Tesco Maynooth have a load of rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and cards going for between €0.12 and €0.14, I was there late yesterday. Also a load of Santa stop here signs and a few big Santa bags for putting presents in. A few other bits and bobs.. Now all I need to do is remember I bought this stuff come December lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tesco on Upper Baggot Street have those long (1 metre?) Wispa bars (made up of many regular bars) for €1.50 down from €6. Lots of them there today, near the checkouts.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Tesco on Upper Baggot Street have those long (1 metre?) Wispa bars (made up of many regular bars) for €1.50 down from €6. Lots of them there today, near the checkouts.

Made up of exactly 4 regular bars. Imagine paying €6 for 4 Wispas? For price comparison and Rip Off Ireland pricing, these were £3 STERLING in Norn Iron pre-Christmas and €6 here. That's some mark up for Tesco from the residents of Eire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Made up of exactly 4 regular bars. Imagine paying €6 for 4 Wispas? For price comparison and Rip Off Ireland pricing, these were £3 STERLING in Norn Iron pre-Christmas and €6 here. That's some mark up for Tesco from the residents of Eire.

Still a bargain at today's price ;)

Still a bargain at today's price ;)

Not a Wispa eater but the OH is. Aren't 4 packs almost always on offer here for 99c - €1.49 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

I bought this exact packet end of december in dunnes for 99c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Some ex display macs in Maynooth.

Macbook pro 15" was 1849, now 799
    Macbook pro 13.3 was 1849, now 699
    Macbook Air 13" was 999, now 549.

All ex display, looks like one of each 'sold as seen' whatever that might mean....

TJJP wrote: »

All ex display, looks like one of each 'sold as seen' whatever that might mean....

Wouldn't touch them. They've been switched on almost 24hours a day for several months - at least! I went into Maynooth Tesco about 4am on the way back from Galway one night before Christmas and they were switched on! about 6 people in the store at the time....

Buyer beware!

Tesco Maynooth have a load of rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and cards going for between €0.12 and €0.14, I was there late yesterday. Also a load of Santa stop here signs and a few big Santa bags for putting presents in. A few other bits and bobs.. Now all I need to do is remember I bought this stuff come December lol!

Same here, i got stuff in Dunnes after xmas, who said people start shopping in early Dec, it starts in Jan 11mths before it :D

TJJP wrote: »

Be careful- several of their display models were damaged- one even had a broken screen. If you could get it at a knockdown price- and repair it- it would be a bargain- but for physically damaged stock- I'd want one hell of a bigger discount than this........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wouldn't touch them. They've been switched on almost 24hours a day for several months - at least! I went into Maynooth Tesco about 4am on the way back from Galway one night before Christmas and they were switched on! about 6 people in the store at the time....

Buyer beware!

Why would that be a problem, Are they not designed to be left on 24 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

The Muppet wrote: »

Plain and simply, no. Notebooks/netbooks/laptops (whatever you want to call them) are not designed to be left on 24/7. I wouldn't go near them. They are well into their life usage at that point.

The Muppet wrote: »

You can be certain the batteries will not have their designed lifespan- and as for the ones in Maynooth- check the screens very carefully- more than one has been damaged- and some of them badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

If they'll let you you could install a s.m.a.r.t utility and chec the disk hours and cycle count it will give you a good idea of how much its been left on.

moodrater wrote: »
    If they'll let you you could install a s.m.a.r.t utility and chec the disk hours and cycle count it will give you a good idea of how much its been left on.

In the latest weather reports, pigs have been reported flying in the general Maynooth area, and locals have been advised to take cover..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

370g Thorntons chocs, can't remember if it was €3.24 or €3.74, but still very cheap

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement