Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Beginning to replay GTA IV, forgot how long it takes to reinstall the game (new PlayStation), can't pick up from where I left off straight away I think as the game data also corresponds with the game saves, but I don't particularly mind, best start from scratch. This is my first time replaying IV, which is strange, the other GTA's have been replayed atleast 4/5 times each. Looking forward to this, I've actually began to appreciate the atmosphere of NYC/NJ more since I last played it, so I wonder will this come across in the replay? Can't wait to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd say it's real. Otherwise, he has a whole lot of free time on his hands to make up all that.
    Nailz wrote: »
    Beginning to replay GTA IV, forgot how long it takes to reinstall the game (new PlayStation), can't pick up from where I left off straight away I think as the game data also corresponds with the game saves, but I don't particularly mind, best start from scratch. This is my first time replaying IV, which is strange, the other GTA's have been replayed atleast 4/5 times each. Looking forward to this, I've actually began to appreciate the atmosphere of NYC/NJ more since I last played it, so I wonder will this come across in the replay? Can't wait to find out!
    I did the same recently. I hated it the first time through but am loving it now. I'm guessing, thats mostly because I try to avoid doing missions at night as it is IMPOSSIBLE to see anything once you are off the main roads. At 65% already and still about a third of the missions to go :D

Those pigeons are fcuking annoying as hell. Bring back the Hidden Packages!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

IF he is telling the truth then good bloody luck to him getting another internship or job in a place like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

CMpunked wrote: »
    IF he is telling the truth then good bloody luck to him getting another internship or job in a place like that again.

Damn right! similar situation happened in my job a few months ago. A guy accidently gave out a few details he shouldn't have about an upcoming project. He is now being sued personally by both the clients , both very big companies. Doubtful the poor chap will ever find a job in the same industry again but the fact that it was an accident might help him out.

This release is what would be called malicious, and anybody, even an intern would have signed an NDA in their contract and been well aware of the consequences.That is why it's almost definatley not true.

Also, remember a few months back when all those Dark Knight Rises prologue scripts were being released by "insiders" who had seen it? Not one of them came remotely close to being real :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I started replaying again from a save I'd had about 6 or so months ago, probably more. Was able to get the hang of driving very quickly, like a duck to water really, but flying a chopper... well, lets just say I felt ill watching it move in its various directions other than the one I wanted it to go in.

The game still has that special quality about it that I loved since I first started playing in 2008. The random comments from bystanders or even Niko himself has me laughing like a maniac at times. The radio stations have excellent scripts and while its oft described as realistic without the GTA humour, I will happily disagree and defend it. Although I will say one thing about a certain reason why I do dislike it... about 2/3 minutes into me starting back into the game I got a phone call from Roman asking if I wanted to go bowling, I said no. Then a few minutes later got a call from Packie, declined his invitation to go drinking and then received another call about 5 minutes later... that got pretty tiring so I switched the phone off :D

I love VI just as much as SA, but nowhere near as much as VC. That is still the pinnacle of the series imo. With the characters, story and soundtrack, its easy to see why its still most peoples favorite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

aaronh007 wrote: »

I love VI just as much as SA, but nowhere near as much as VC. That is still the pinnacle of the series imo. With the characters, story and soundtrack, its easy to see why its still most peoples favorite.

Agreed, VC was the golden age of GTA, everything just clicked in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

San andreas just has it all imo.
    Area 51, tanks, trains, helicopters, planes, bikes.
    The story line was top notch and if you're a hip hop fan like me then there is no better soundtrack. 10 times better than any other gta soundtrack.

I just hope this gta can pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

When is it been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pantera was usually playing on the user-song-channel when I was doing missions in IV. Maiden, Motorhead, and one of two others would be playing in SA or VC.

berneydidnotread.gif

Sorry, but couldn't read all of that.

=-=

I think author of that long post could be from:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2010/05/19/full-sail-graduates-put-their-mark-on-the-old-west/

Best 'leak' I heard so far. If this is what GTA will be like, I will be chuffed. This guys description of the game sounds like a natural GTA progression in the series. Probably horsehit but I want to believe this guy... Have a read, it's the best one I've heard yet...

He says at the end there is a second part, has it been posted wherever you got this, Mensch?

• Advertisement

Discussion of past radio stations and music moved to the radio stations thread.

Best 'leak' I heard so far. If this is what GTA will be like, I will be chuffed. This guys description of the game sounds like a natural GTA progression in the series. Probably horsehit but I want to believe this guy... Have a read, it's the best one I've heard yet...

That's not legit. How could it be. Why would rockstar let ANYONE who isn't directly involved in the game know anything about it, and why would our 'leaker' give us all of his information (his life story... twice!)?

I'd imagine if I was interning with R* and wanted a future in the gaming industry, I wouldn't go out and tell the world that;

1. I'll ruin your big releases
    2. I can't be trusted
    3. I just like totally have to tell someone that insider info!

Come on... let's be realistic. :)

A rockstar north employee has listed on his cv and LinkedIn profile that the expected release date for V is october. The profile has since been pulled.

Link

This should be put right on the rumor pile, my gut reaction is just because it was pulled doesn't mean that he is giving away secret information but maybe that he could be fuelling the rumor mill even just giving an expected release date, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think that date makes a lot of sense. It leaves plenty of time to start their hype machine after Max Payne 3 is released, and would be an ideal time to get the christmas sales and no.1 (interesting battle between it and CoD perhaps).

Plus all the GTA games since GTA 3 have been released in October haven't they? Except GTA 4 of course, which was delayed if I recall correctly.

Furthermore, if they push it into 2013, they risk been over-shadowed by the talk of PS4, Xbox 720 and their launch titles.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Benzino wrote: »
    I think that date makes a lot of sense. It leaves plenty of time to start their hype machine after Max Payne 3 is released, and would be an ideal time to get the christmas sales and no.1 (interesting battle between it and CoD perhaps).

Plus all the GTA games since GTA 3 have been released in October haven't they? Except GTA 4 of course, which was delayed if I recall correctly.

Furthermore, if they push it into 2013, they risk been over-shadowed by the talk of PS4, Xbox 720 and their launch titles.

I reckon official release date will be mid October (need to get in there before ACIII's release) but it'll probably be delayed until Q1 of 2013.

PS4 is November-ish of 2013 and the 720 will release after the PS4 so a delay until Q1 2013 won't hurt sales that much IMO, in fact it might help sales, as people would be looking to end the life of their console on a high.

Thy could release it only on PS2 and Xbox and it would still sell massive ammounts. People wont be thinking about future consoles once this hits the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

If it came out in October . Wowza!
    Never had a chance to play SA properly, PC wasn't good enough.

Have to admit that I had a love affair with VC though. Hundreds of hours sunk into that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

CMpunked wrote: »
    This should be put right on the rumor pile, my gut reaction is just because it was pulled doesn't mean that he is giving away secret information but maybe that he could be fuelling the rumor mill even just giving an expected release date, IMO.
    Yeah, it's impossible to know what rockstar is throwing out there as a way of cheap advertising. They can keep the world engrossed simply with a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

Its getting ridiculous at this stage.. Why did they release the trailer so early if they have nothing else to say about it for months!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Its getting ridiculous at this stage.. Why did they release the trailer so early if they have nothing else to say about it for months!

Well I think they didn't foresee Max Payne being delayed until May. All R*'s hype machine will be working on that for the next month at least. If it had been released on time I reckon we'd have seen a second trailer by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well I think they didn't foresee Max Payne being delayed until May. All R*'s hype machine will be working on that for the next month at least. If it had been released on time I reckon we'd have seen a second trailer by now.

Ya I suppose your right :) Its just that they haven't opened up about anything since November, honestly id prefer even a small bit of information instead of Max Payne, but thats just me :P

To let people know it's coming. Look at the size of this thread and thats off one small trailer. A lot of GTA forums crash when any news comes along. It creates major hype. The silence afterwards lets people talk about it and want to see more. A month or so between trailers wouldnt have anywhere near the same effect.

Ya I suppose your right :) Its just that they haven't opened up about anything since November, honestly id prefer even a small bit of information instead of Max Payne, but thats just me :P

My prediction is we'll see the next trailer on the 2nd of June. And we'll also get a vague release date at that time. (As in we'll be told whether it's Q4 2012 or Q1 2013, etc) They'll be done with the major Max Payne marketing then, and if the rumour it's set for an October release is true then it'd make sense.

Would be highly surprised if we see anything before June.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    My prediction is we'll see the next trailer on the 2nd of June. And we'll also get a vague release date at that time. (As in we'll be told whether it's Q4 2012 or Q1 2013, etc) They'll be done with the major Max Payne marketing then, and if the rumour it's set for an October release is true then it'd make sense.

Would be highly surprised if we see anything before June.

Why June 2nd?

dulpit wrote: »
    Why June 2nd?

No particular reason to be honest. I only chose the 2nd because the first trailer came out on the 2nd of Nov IIRC, and the first week of June is about 2-3 weeks after Max Payne 2 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Anyone listen to Today FM? I heard Tony Fenton say GTA 5 and something about October 2012 yesterday. Anyone know what he's on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

What time was it? You could listen back on the website if you knew when it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Plug wrote: »
    Anyone listen to Today FM? I heard Tony Fenton say GTA 5 and something about October 2012 yesterday. Anyone know what he's on about?

I heard him talking about it, but I think it was in relation to big shot who works on GTA mentioned a release in October on his LinkedIn account.

Fairly sure he said linked in, but I wasn't focused as Tony was claiming that San Andreas was the 3rd installment of the series and Vice City was the 2nd! :eek: Tony obviously starts counting at 3!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    To let people know it's coming. Look at the size of this thread and thats off one small trailer. A lot of GTA forums crash when any news comes along. It creates major hype. The silence afterwards lets people talk about it and want to see more. A month or so between trailers wouldnt have anywhere near the same effect.
    We're effectively doing their advertising for them. They won't need a big advertising campaign at all, it's good to know they don't need to waste money on advertising and can sink more money into the making of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ScumLord wrote: »
    We're effectively doing their advertising for them. They won't need a big advertising campaign at all, it's good to know they don't need to waste money on advertising and can sink more money into the making of the game.

That's just it, Rockstar don't need to release anything other than a date and the internet would near implode from forums crashing, their site crashing and google near crashing from all the traffic.

You see other studios and publishers pumping out mulit-million dollar ad campaigns in order to get their game sold. Rockstar obviously know that there's massive hype for V already and any and every smidgeon of info gets hoovered up by the fans of the series, creating yet more hype. While its true a lot of people didn't like IV in comparison to the predecessors, I'd be willing to bet that they'd still come running back for V.

All we need is the release date and you'll see people booking a week off work just so they can wait in line at midnight openings and hibernate playing the game for the rest of the time. That's my plan anyway :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement