Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

caycro wrote: »
    There is a stand of gift cards near the check outs, you bring one to the check out and they scan it and add the credit to it. I added €50 credit, handed over my voucher so I have a prepaid gift card with a €50 value for €40 (did this three times :-) ). No panic buying to get the use of the vouchers, use them at your leisure in January.

Or - hold on to them next time the vouchers come around. I've used gift cards from market research work loads of times with them so they're very unlikely to refuse higher value ones.

This does require locking up rather a lot of capital, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

L1011 wrote: »
    Or - hold on to them next time the vouchers come around. I've used gift cards from market research work loads of times with them so they're very unlikely to refuse higher value ones.

This does require locking up rather a lot of capital, though.

I'm sorry but I don't understand, why would I hold on to the gift cards until the next round of vouchers. I've already saved 20% buying the gift cards?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You pay for the goods with the gift card vouchers and then get another 10 off a 50 spend (assume that would be the voucher) using a new Aldi voucher.
    So €50 worth of goods for €30 :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭poitinstill

they refused to take my 20 off 100 spend aldi voucher in exchange for a 100 gift card in tesco mahon point on NYE. the "lady" was quite rude about it actually. she said they would honor it against a spend over 100 alright but not on voucher. I went over to Aldi and stocked up household/non perishables. think i will let tesco complaints know about it if they have a complaints desk. shockingly rude customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Got my Tesco gift cards with €10 off each one, thanks for that idea fellow Boardsie ... saving me 20% through January shopping.

Anyone used these vouchers to get Tesco Gift cards and in turn use these gift cards to buy other vouchers instores such as Argos etc. ?

Any word yet if there are money off vouchers in this weekend's papers?

they refused to take my 20 off 100 spend aldi voucher in exchange for a 100 gift card in tesco mahon point on NYE. the "lady" was quite rude about it actually. she said they would honor it against a spend over 100 alright but not on voucher. I went over to Aldi and stocked up household/non perishables. think i will let tesco complaints know about it if they have a complaints desk. shockingly rude customer service

Their T&Cs specifically say they don't accept them for vouchers, and it was just luck if they were accepted by mistake. You're wasting your time complaining.
    I'm sorry but I don't understand, why would I hold on to the gift cards until the next round of vouchers. I've already saved 20% buying the gift cards?

Save a further 20% then - pay with the gift card, use a voucher. Not an option if you can't hold on to the cards till then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭poitinstill

I did send in a complaint but it wasn't so much focussed on the voucher more the attitude i received from the staff. This is what p!$$ed me off. It costs nothing to be civil be it in aldi/tesco/anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Just seen on aldi Facebook page €10 off €50 in tomorrow's sindo

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    Just seen on aldi Facebook page €10 off €50 in tomorrow's sindo

it does you know!!!!!!
    happy new year from aldi!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Get in there

"VOUCHER ALERT: Grab your €10 off voucher when you spend €50 or more in store - In tomorrow's Sunday Independent. Enjoy:)"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tomorrow- as in- the 4th of Jan?
    I thought they were only in the run-up to Christmas.
    Happy days- if they do have it.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

we normally spend €75 so will be nice to get a tenner off

Tomorrow- as in- the 4th of Jan?
    I thought they were only in the run-up to Christmas.
    Happy days- if they do have it.......

It was posted on their Facebook page 4 hours ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Fair dues to Aldi & Lidl.
    Wonder how much they have saved boards members last few months?
    I just gave one to a random shopper in tesco who had a trolley full of stuff she was delighted I wouldn't have spent €100 in tesco today and the voucher has todays date on it

I did the same on NYE.
    Went into Aldi with 2 €20 off a €100 spend vouchers and after stocking up with €105 worth of wine (Nett 85 :D), I couldn't bring myself to buy another €100 worth of booze so just gave it to a family who were buying their shopping for the next 6 months by the looks of it, their spend was nearly €150 with no booze! :eek:
    Didn't think it would be possible to spend that much in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

You pay for the goods with the gift card vouchers and then get another 10 off a 50 spend (assume that would be the voucher) using a new Aldi voucher.
    So €50 worth of goods for €30 :).
    It would work out as €60 worth of goods for €40. This is presuming you do it over two transactions and use a €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher each time ... and that you are allowed to buy giftcards in Tesco using the vouchers, people have had different experiences in doing that. And also that you are allowed to pay for giftcards with a giftcard. The transactions can't be done at SCO, they must be done at a manned checkout as the cashier has to load the giftcards.

Transaction 1
    Buy one €40 and one €10 Tesco giftcards
    Subtotal: €50
    Apply €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher
    Total out of pocket: €40

Transaction 2
    Subtotal: €40
    Pay with €40 giftcard from Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €0

Final result is that you have spent €40 and in return received €60 in Tesco giftcards - two €10 and one €40.

Fair dues to Aldi & Lidl.
    Wonder how much they have saved boards members last few months?

I used the entire lot over the 5 weeks of the World having both, so €110 minus 4x2.65 - 99.40

Now, I'm fairly sure I bought at least a tenner of stuff I absolutely didn't need (to hit 50s in Lidl or Aldi rather than using them in Tesco) alongside the inevitable over-stocking on other items... nothing that'll go out of date though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I did my shopping yesterday because I was sure there'd be no more vouchers :( €68 so won't need much next week. I suppose I can always stock up the cupboards and freezer. Not missing out on what is effectively free stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

i used them all as well, for aldi and lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I did my shopping yesterday because I was sure there'd be no more vouchers :( €68 so won't need much next week. I suppose I can always stock up the cupboards and freezer. Not missing out on what is effectively free stuff!

i didnt need much, but wasnt letting my 20 off 100 spend go to waste for aldi, so stocked my freezer and cupboards there on wednesday, as it was the last day for use ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

vicwatson wrote: »
    It was posted on their Facebook page 4 hours ago.

Confirmed on Twitter here too ( https://twitter.com/Aldi_Ireland/status/551453000477061120 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,663 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

JTMan wrote: »

A newspaper, is that one of them yokes when they print out yesterday's news on paper, throw in some adverts and then expect you to pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

A newspaper, is that one of them yokes when they print out yesterday's news on paper, throw in some adverts and then expect you to pay for it?

nope

they expect us to buy this so we can get a tenner off the shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JTMan wrote: »

& i thought with the €20 voucher was the last one with Aldi before xmas, as there was only 1 €10 voucher left from Lidl & that was that? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The ranting & raving forum is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

can i use aldi voucher from sunday independent in lidl? alternatively where can we get lidl vouchers? thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

radooo wrote: »
    can i use aldi voucher from sunday independent in lidl? alternatively where can we get lidl vouchers? thanks.
    No, could probably use it in Tesco though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

leck wrote: »
    It would work out as €60 worth of goods for €40. This is presuming you do it over two transactions and use a €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher each time ... and that you are allowed to buy giftcards in Tesco using the vouchers, people have had different experiences in doing that. And also that you are allowed to pay for giftcards with a giftcard. The transactions can't be done at SCO, they must be done at a manned checkout as the cashier has to load the giftcards.

Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €40

Transaction 2
    Subtotal: €40
    Pay with €40 giftcard from Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €0

Final result is that you have spent €40 and in return received €60 in Tesco giftcards - two €10 and one €40.

It was difficult enough to get them to accept the voucher for one gift card, paying again with another one might just blow the cashiers mind :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, only in Aldi or Tesco.

Lidl sometimes do their own vouchers but it's unlikely that they'll have any until closer to St. Patrick's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

thanks for the clarification. are lidl vouchers available in any of the newspapers at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

thanks for the clarification. are lidl vouchers available in any of the newspapers at the moment?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Does anyone have the valid until date for today's voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Does anyone have the valid until date for today's voucher?

The 11th.
    Its on page 13.

If anyone feels it's unlucky having no it on p. 13 I'll take it off your hands :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

If I buy ink cartridges in tesco, can the Aldi voucher be used to reduce amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

honeybear wrote: »
    If I buy ink cartridges in tesco, can the Aldi voucher be used to reduce amount?

Yip as long as you buy €50 worth of stuff.

The 11th.
    Its on page 13.

If anyone feels it's unlucky having no it on p. 13 I'll take it off your hands :)

The bloody size of the voucher (compared to the last ones) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

mailburner wrote: »
    nope

they expect us to buy this so we can get a tenner off the shopping

The way I look at it is , you get a 7 euro voucher and some free paper to start fire on the cold mornings on top . Top banana !!!!!!

I just spent 160 euro and split it into 3 shops and saved 21 euros.

I'm now off to tesco to buy some smellys and baby pounder and save another 7 euros .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Yip as long as you buy €50 worth of stuff.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

It was difficult enough to get them to accept the voucher for one gift card, paying again with another one might just blow the cashiers mind :-)
    Agreed, I wouldn't try this myself. I wouldn't even try a transaction for gift card only without throwing a few groceries in with them. I did get a few gift cards using the vouchers, my most daring was using the 20/100 voucher last week - I picked up 10 Euro worth of groceries and added in a 90 Euro Tesco gift card. This was in Tesco Dundrum. The cashier was a young guy, he looked at the voucher then scurried off with it without saying anything, presumably to check with a manager. He was gone 3-4 minutes while a queue built up behind me. He came back, made no comment and then manually put the voucher through.

• Advertisement

Didn't see any vouchers in the paper, let alone mentioned on the front of the Sindo or SunWorld, usually get the voucher of someone else as the person wouldn't spend that much, but was away on Sun & didn't see any at all :confused:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Didn't see any vouchers in the paper, let alone mentioned on the front of the Sindo or SunWorld, usually get the voucher of someone else as the person wouldn't spend that much, but was away on Sun & didn't see any at all :confused:

Aldi have a full-page ad on page 13 of last Sunday's Sindo and the voucher takes up a fairly large part of that ad! There is no mention of it on the front page though.

As the current Dunnes spend & save campaign is running until the end of January, one would hope that the Aldi tit-for-tat will continue with another voucher in this coming Sunday's Sindo.

Quackster wrote: »
    Aldi have a full-page ad on page 13 of last Sunday's Sindo and the voucher takes up a fairly large part of that ad! There is no mention of it on the front page though.

As the current Dunnes spend & save campaign is running until the end of January, one would hope that the Aldi tit-for-tat will continue with another voucher in this coming Sunday's Sindo.

Thanks, pity I didn't check that far, as usually it was in the first few pages, similar to the SunWorld, btw was there in any in them as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It was on the front page thats the reason I bought the paper

casio4 wrote: »
    It was on the front page thats the reason I bought the paper

What was on the front page of what?

There was no mention of the enclosed Aldi voucher on the front page of last Sunday's Sunday Independent available outside Dublin. If it was mentioned on the front pages of the Dublin editions, that would seem a little strange.

I have no idea if it was also in the Sunday World - anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

There was no mention of the enclosed Aldi voucher on the front page of last Sunday's Sunday Independent available outside Dublin. If it was mentioned on the front pages of the Dublin editions, that would seem a little strange.

it said on there facebook page that it was in the sunday independent and no mention of sunday world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I saw an advert on the top of the front page of the Sindo that I bought out in the sticks and then big advert and huge voucher on page 13!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

lw2g8S1l.jpg?2

Yep, so it was advertised on the front page of the Dublin final edition. There's no mention of it at all on the front page of the country edition which I have in front of me right now. Strange.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yep, so it was advertised on the front page of the Dublin final edition. There's no mention of it at all on the front page of the country edition which I have in front of me right now. Strange.

I don't think it was on the earlier editions for Dublin either- just that damn UTV wrap around crap.

I guess the moral of the story is don't just assume that if there's no mention of it on the front page of next Sunday's Sindo, it ain't there.

Go seek out the Aldi ad in the bowels of the paper!

• Advertisement
Advertisement