Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival Sep 4-7

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Can half price entrance for Beoir members only be availed of on the door? Or can I buy a discounted ticket in McHugh's (for example). Saturday tickets include two free half pints, again does this offer apply if you buy a half price ticket as a Beoir member?
    My project for the coming week is to find out the answer to those questions (other than "will McHugh's let me buy a half price ticket?": no, they won't.) Right now, I don't know how the entrance discount for members will work this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

BeerNut wrote: »
    My project for the coming week is to find out the answer to those questions (other than "will McHugh's let me buy a half price ticket?": no, they won't.) Right now, I don't know how the entrance discount for members will work this year.

Thanks

Was thinking re. the two free half pints, in effect brings entrance fee down to €10

if it's half price for Beoir then that's €7.50 but if there are no free half pints its in effect "only" a saving of €2.50

Let us know when it's sorted anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

irish_goat wrote: »
    Oh and good news, Beoir have 2 pairs of tickets to give away for this. I'll be raffling one off on the Facebook page but I've checked with the mods and they've said I can give one out in this thread as well. So if you want included in the draw just mention that you're going and I'll throw everyone's name into the hat closer to the time. :)

I'm going to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Name Hat Please.

Going to head up on Thursday or Sunday depending on when I'm working.

Does anyone know if any of the breweries are going to have a Randall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Can you put me in the hat too please. Going to head up on Friday. Half day from work sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Does anyone know if any of the breweries are going to have a Randall?

Blacks had one last year so I'm guessing they'll bring it along again.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Blacks had one last year so I'm guessing they'll bring it along again.

Yeah, I was hoping they might. It got a mention in the kilruddery market thread so I was hoping to sample it at the rds.

Half price entry for Beoir members will apply to admission on the door on Thursday and Sunday only: €5 rather than €10. You must show your card at the admissions desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Half price entry for Beoir members will apply to admission on the door on Thursday and Sunday only: €5 rather than €10.

Hah thats grand, I cant make Friday or Saturday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Half price entry for Beoir members will apply to admission on the door on Thursday and Sunday only: €5 rather than €10.

So does that mean no half price Beoir entry on Friday and Saturday at all or there is half price entry but you have to buy it beforehand?

The first one.

Any discount on weekend tickets?

Nope. I'm not even sure if weekend tickets will be available on the door. If you're thinking that way, I'd suggest buying in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Weekend ticket is only a fiver a day anyway, dont know how much more discount people are expecting

drumswan wrote: »
    Weekend ticket is only a fiver a day anyway, dont know how much more discount people are expecting

Not much but it's nice to know what the prices are. Given that I'm planing on going on Friday and Sunday, if there is no weekend discount I'd probably be better off just buying a ticket on each day because that would only be €15 altogether

matrim wrote: »
    Not much but it's nice to know what the prices are. Given that I'm planing on going on Friday and Sunday, if there is no weekend discount I'd probably be better off just buying a ticket on each day because that would only be €15 altogether

It's 10e on friday and 15 on saturday so buying separately is 25e. A four day ticket is 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It's 10e on friday and 15 on saturday so buying separately is 25e. A four day ticket is 20e.

works out the same though, as I don't think the weekend ticket gives you the two "free" half pints on the Saturday... I could be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

I've won tickets from the Facebook page the last 2 years running so why not make it 3 in a row :pac: Hat please!

Can't wait for this, always a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

Think I'll miss it yet again. Never been despite winning 2(!) pairs of tickets last year. It's just a bit of an inconvenient weekend with travel and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Whats the story with the voting link on the website?

http://www.beoir.org/icbcf/awards.php

ICBCF Beer Of The Festival
    Open to the public. Select one beer in each category. Voting for festival special beers will open on the 4th of September.

Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win an Irish Craft Beer and Cider hamper. Closing date is the 3rd of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

How are Dan Kellys not on that cider list?
    Le Fevre is French?
    I'm guessing Beoir didn't put that list together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

sofireland wrote: »
    How are Dan Kellys not on that cider list?
    Le Fevre is French?
    I'm guessing Beoir didn't put that list together

"The ICBCF Awards brought to you in association with Beoir.org"

Some input is I suppose but possibly under direction of Make It Happen Inc.

Well folks, fired everyone's name into random.org and the winner is...

Ronan|Raven :)

Fire me a PM with your name and I'll get you on the list. For everyone else, there'll be another pair given away on the Beoir Facebook this week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

*faints*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

bring me, bring me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The savings have finally motivated me to join Beoir. So relevant to my interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I'm a member of Beoir & have never received a membership card

PM me your details and I'll check where it went.

Probably best to discuss Beoir things on the Beoir forum rather than here, though.

• Advertisement

Another pair of tickets is now up for grabs on the Beoir Facebook.

Plus a lot of the breweries and craft pubs are giving them away on there as well.

Advertisement