Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

wondering what kind of spicey take away i should get? I have no clue...i typically dont eat spicey food! (unless its mexican and the last time I checked limerick's mexican options were non-existant!) any suggestions??

I didnt know the GP could do it either, but she offered and I sure wasn't refusing!

looking forward to knowing baby well enough to know how they like to be held! wow tigress, your two are going to be very close in age!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Rachineire wrote: »
    wondering what kind of spicey take away i should get? I have no clue...i typically dont eat spicey food! (unless its mexican and the last time I checked limerick's mexican options were non-existant!) any suggestions??

I didnt know the GP could do it either, but she offered and I sure wasn't refusing!

looking forward to knowing baby well enough to know how they like to be held! wow tigress, your two are going to be very close in age!

What about Indian? Madras is super hot from a proper Indian take away :)

Yeah a year between them! Busy here lol!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just showed the OH, we are pissing ourselves laughing over here....my favorite, the girl on the phone! Also breakfast at tiffanys...with her breastpumps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Girls for any heartburn sufferers do any of ye know about the fruit flavoured rennies? I have been living on gaviscon since 12 weeks but use the rennie for when I am out and about. The spearmint flavoured ones are making me want to vomit now at this stage though as I have gone through boxes of them. Have checked a good few chemists and none have the fruit flavoured ones.....are they still going or do they just sell out really quick or something??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

dalyboy wrote: »
    get done for what? Hows you're ride on the bandwagon treating you so far ?

Emm, is someone in the wrong thread? :confused:

Any movement Rach?!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Digs wrote: »
    Girls for any heartburn sufferers do any of ye know about the fruit flavoured rennies? I have been living on gaviscon since 12 weeks but use the rennie for when I am out and about. The spearmint flavoured ones are making me want to vomit now at this stage though as I have gone through boxes of them. Have checked a good few chemists and none have the fruit flavoured ones.....are they still going or do they just sell out really quick or something??

You can definitely get them in Tescos, I hate the spearmint ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Thanks piper will check in there so! I swear they have been hiding on me :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Emm, is someone in the wrong thread? :confused:

Any movement Rach?!

morning! nope all quiet over here....in fact I got a full nights sleep and just woke up from a nap. Slightly frustrating, but its been so long since proper sleep im too busy enjoying it to care! Maybe this is him resting up before the big show? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Glad ya got some well deserved sleep Rach.

I think I caught your insomnia - 2 nights in a row I've barely slept a wink. Gona have a nap soon though.

Hopefully your little one will get a move on soon!!

• Advertisement

Ooh, I'd love a nap but unfortunately am at work. Have nice naps for me ladies! The insomnia must be really tough - hope you can all rest up as much as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Hey girlies.
    Think i'm gonna become a hermit and not leave the house again for the rest of the pregnancy! Ya remember my little "walk" to my sons school yesterday took me the best part of two hours if not just a little over to get there and back. I was in complete and utter agony for the night. Upside is my x gave me a lovely massage when he was around yesterday evening. Only problem is i went and undone all his good work by falling this evening on a patch of poxy ice! :'( i hurts lots, babs is fine though kicking away like there's no tomorrow. Think my little man thought he was on a rollercoaster ride lol.
    How are the rest of ye doing? Any sign of babs making his/her way yet rach?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww,you poor pet:(

Ah it was my own stupid fault moonbeam. I just had to be stubborn and walk with the buggy instead of waiting till my dad could mind my lo.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Ah Thumby that's rotten. Hope you're ok :(

Yeah i'm grand tig. Just feeling a bit stupid for being so stubborn and pushing myself to do things when i should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Digs - Rennie have discontinues the fruit flavoured rennies and replaced them with orange only ones - its basically just the orange ones from the old fruit pack! I used to use the fruit ones but hated the purple and yellow ones so this suits me fine! If you find them anywhere its just remaining stock - it will only be the orange ones available from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thumby hope ur ok - that sounds awful :(

Braxton hicks are killin me.... im only 20 weeks on thurs :eek:

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thumby hope ur ok - that sounds awful :(

Braxton hicks are killin me.... im only 20 weeks on thurs :eek:

I had to read this twice! I can't believe you're 20 weeks already DL!!! Flying! How are you doing? I had the BH's for a while around that time for a few weeks and they were very painful but thankfully have passed now! If only the SPD and lightning pains would aswell lol!

Thumby you silly woman! Are you ok? Make sure you take it good and easy now for the rest of the week! The weather is leathal at the mo! Our garden is a constant ice rink! I still can't believe you managed a 2 hour walk being in so much pain! I can bearly go around the supermarket on crutches no less!

Back in the hospital tomorrow for my cry-a-thon :o wish me luck! I know myself they'll tell me to get lost lol!

It was a case of havin to tigress, believe me i'm bloody well paying for it still. I'm in the coombe friday so i'll just have to wait and see what they say. And i'll try take it easy but it's just one of those weeks where i'm up to my eyes.
    Dl i was the same as tigress, very painful bh's early on as well. They do ease off though.
    Good luck today tigress, make sure you let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Aww, Thumby sounds like a rotten day. Take care of yourself! Are you taking it easy today?

I'm like a walking zombie today - slept for over 12 hours last night (fell asleep at 7pm) and I'm still exhausted, dizzy and nauseous. I think for my two weeks off over Christmas I'm just going to sleep my brains out and hopefully will start the new year feeling a bit more human.

Those were the highlights murdy lol. Ah well. Glad you got some sleep last night. I'd splash out on some new jammies and dressing gown so ya can spend your two weeks off being comfy and sleeping whenever ya want. I only get dressed now whenever i have to leave the house. I know it sounds terrible but pj's are the only things i'm comfy in anymore. Even my mat clothes are driving me mad. I just feel too contained if ya get me.
    Speaking of clothes i may go get some on me soon. I have my 8 yr olds school play this morning, needless to say i'm driving to the school. Lol.

Thumby wrote: »
    Those were the highlights murdy lol. Ah well. Glad you got some sleep last night. I'd splash out on some new jammies and dressing gown so ya can spend your two weeks off being comfy and sleeping whenever ya want. I only get dressed now whenever i have to leave the house. I know it sounds terrible but pj's are the only things i'm comfy in anymore. Even my mat clothes are driving me mad. I just feel too contained if ya get me.
    Speaking of clothes i may go get some on me soon. I have my 8 yr olds school play this morning, needless to say i'm driving to the school. Lol.

I think that might be a good idea - no more walking for you! I would never get dressed if i could. I'm finding putting on clothes and going to work seriously hard work. I'm so scruffy at the moment and am finding it hard to care, tbh. What am I going to be like when I'm in mat clothes and much bigger?!!

I'm away for a week over Christmas with my family but I'll still be able to take it easy - we're going skiing and I obviously can't ski so they can all go off and I'll stay behind and read my book! I'm happy for my husband to go off during the day too, no point in him not being able to ski either. At the moment it's all that's keeping me going.

Then I've a week at home before going back to work. I was going to get started on clearing out the spare room in preparation for turning it into a nursery but that's looking unlikely at the moment!

Aw thumby I'm sorry you had such a rotten day! and slipping and falling on ice? thats like my worst nightmare! I broke my ankle when i was 18 slipping and falling on ice and I'm so paranoid now about falling...especially while pregnant! Its a relief when baby moves a lot after that stuff though...kinda like Hey mom, all ok in here! I hope you start feeling better...I know it can take a while for all the aches and pains to go away!

No news over here. slightly annoyed, and by slightly I mean very. Had two days of pain and pressure and now hes very quiet. My MIL thinks that he has engaged his head thats why its all quiet...I hope so! I have some pain and pressure this morning so I'm hoping that goes somewhere...I dont mind pain as long as it progress! And today would be such a good birthday....get out baby!!

My hips are killing me this morning though...sleeping is such a hassle these days! I would love to take a nap floating in a warm bath or something...be weightless for a while!

Ooo murdy you should go to penneys and buy some pj's that are a couple of sizes too big...you can grow into them and they are soo comfy. at this point I've given up on caring what I look like- when I'm at home its all about comfort! Had a rake of visitors yesterday and one girl came over and couldn't stop commenting on how tired I looked! :mad:

Well I'm just back from my Antenatal Appointment and baby will be here 4th of Jan via section.. I'm nervous but glad the end is in sight! Only 3 weeks to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Tigeress are they sectioning you because of the SPD if you dont mind me asking. If its another reason you dont have to say - just curious. My SPD is killing me, sometimes its so difficult to get one foot infront of the other.

Tigress - That is brilliant news.
    Also great news if he plays GAA in a few years;)

Well i survived the trip out to the school including the pit stop on the way home at the deli cause i was peckish but the next person who asks me am i gone into labour cause i'm walking funny may not survive lol
    A done a fantastic job as joseph and had great fun too, done his mammy proud :-D
    Tig that's great news about the section. How did ya manage to get them to agree to it? @rach i can't remember if you said you have or haven't had your show yet? are you using evening primrose oil by any chance?

Tig - that's great news. Lovely to have a day to work towards and by the 5th Jan you'll have your little bundle! The 3 weeks will go really quickly as well because of Christmas, I'd say.

• Advertisement

yayyyy tigress!! I'm so excited that you have your date for induction!! (and then my second thought was your baby will be here before mine at this stage...no patience here! :p:p)

Thumby, no show. nada. i hear plenty of women dont get a show before it all starts. doesn't mean im not on knicker watch....I feel like I've been on knicker watch since I found out I was pregnant!! not using evening primrose oil....is that meant to bring on labour? this raspberry tea is mank!

my back is in bits!! super duper sore, cant stand for more than 3 or 4 minutes...just cleaned up the kitchen from the OH making dinner last night and being too "tired" to clean it up (he will be hearing from me later about that!!) and im in agony! I really hope this means something good!

Advertisement