Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Acoshla wrote: »
    At 10.30 the boyfriend said he was going to make pancakes. Two hours later, still no sign of them. I honestly don't know how he works so slowly in the kitchen!
    Maybe it was his idea of an April Fool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just don't really see how pretending that anyone is dead would be funny. :confused:

I respectfully disagree :)
    A few of us thought it'd be a good April Fools last night. Alcohol may have been a factor :o but we're far from terrible people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I just don't really see how pretending that anyone is dead would be funny. :confused:
    I agree with this.

Imagine someone started an April Fools joke about a member of your family or one of your friend Dolorous would you also find that funny and see it as a joke?

Alcohol isn't excuse either, imo.

Sorry if I come across as harsh, it's not intended.

I feel like absolute crap today, just want to curl up in a ball and cry tbh. Fúck depression and the low moods/days it brings with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Fishie wrote: »
    Maybe it was his idea of an April Fool?

Nope, my belly is overly full with pancakes, crispy bacon, strawberries and maple syrup now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

At 10.30 the boyfriend said he was going to make pancakes. Two hours later, still no sign of them. I honestly don't know how he works so slowly in the kitchen!

Maybe it's his April Fools trick? Could it really take 2 hours to make pancakes? :eek:

Edit: Just saw Acoshla's latest post. And I now want pancakes. Maybe I'll make some later.

Also, *huge hugs* for Muffin. xx

I could hear him in the kitchen, he always takes twice the suggested time to make food. I nearly cried when I got home from work yesterday at 5, starving, and asked when the pulled pork would be ready and he said 8.30 :(

Sorry if I come across as harsh, it's not intended.

Lol :rolleyes:

Bloody hell ladies, I'll know my audience in future!

tumblr_m0mwixSnbo1rq785xo1_400.jpg

I think I'm coming down with something. :(

Might stay up for WrestleMania tonight with my brother even though I don't have as big an interest in it as I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dolorous wrote: »
    RIP Gay Byrne :(

Christ on a bike, that's not even a tiny bit funny.

Nearly had a heart attack there.

• Advertisement

Just so we're clear, I'm not even a tiny bit interested in any further lectures about this. Can we please move on?

Yes please.

Yay, Newcastle are winning. :D I've got them down in bet, only put 2.50 on 6 teams to win. :)

Best of luck Jane! I must admit, I never quite got the hang of betting. I did well in the dogs once, was definitely a fluke though!

Sunday roast now, om nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Sometimes I swear all the idiots of the world just hang out in AH... Really should stop going into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

MY boyfriend and I changed our relationship status on fb to "engaged"

It's really quite amusing to see people congratulate us, not realizing its April fools!

bubblefett wrote: »
    Sometimes I swear all the idiots of the world just hang out in AH... Really should stop going into it

i was just wondering had it been taken over by silly people today

i have so much to do today but maybe i might bake later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pretty quiet at work. Looking at Ally McBeal boxsets after yesterday. Talk about being a sucker for advertising, ha!

Writing up my Jordan trip report. It's actually going to be the length of a thesis by the time I'm done, I knew there was a reason I was putting this off.

Favourite April Fool's so far:
    • Reddit changing the sporting crest avatars of reddit users to random american nfl teams. Cue hordes of americans being assigned the crest of their rivals and all these Europeans going "wtf do these crests mean? Someone tell me what team this is..."
    • Mashable being bought by Conan O'Brien. They've gone all out with the website.
    • Pigsback's offer of 50% off the household charge. Lol.

I hate when it's sunny outside and you want to pretend that it isn't and sit on the couch doing nothing, damn sunshine is making me feel bad about my laziness, should be out in it doing something.

[QUOTE=FouxDaFaFa;77889025Favourite April Fool's so far:
    Pigsback's offer of 50% off the household charge. Lol.
    [/QUOTE]I got this email, read the title and thought "wtf?!" thought it was spam so deleted it without reading it.

Dolorous wrote: »
    Best of luck Jane! I must admit, I never quite got the hang of betting. I did well in the dogs once, was definitely a fluke though!

Thank you! :D I only recently kinda got into it because my bf and my brother both bet every weekend. We don't spend a huge amount. I spent a fiver in all. My brother has won a couple of times and my bf has won a good few times. I almost won 46 euro a couple of weeks ago. All teams but one had won and Real Madrid were 1 up and conceded in the 94th minute. Raging!
    bubblefett wrote: »

I stopped reading the threads there because I was getting so peed off reading them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Might stay up for WrestleMania tonight with my brother even though I don't have as big an interest in it as I did.

My cousin is at it, in Miami for the week, I are jealous! I've been to two of them, 23 in Detroit and 24 in Orlando, amazing experience live, especially the fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate when it's sunny outside and you want to pretend that it isn't and sit on the couch doing nothing, damn sunshine is making me feel bad about my laziness, should be out in it doing something.

Don't feel bad, it may look sunny but it's certainly not warm out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I had salad for lunch. First (and quite possibly last!) of the year. :o

Cinnamon swirl... yuuuuum :)

I'm having an "eat everything I can lay my hands on" day :o

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Cinnamon swirl... yuuuuum :)

I'm having an "eat everything I can lay my hands on" day :o
    What's a Cinnamon Swirl?

krudler wrote: »
    My cousin is at it, in Miami for the week, I are jealous! I've been to two of them, 23 in Detroit and 24 in Orlando, amazing experience live, especially the fireworks.

Must be so cool. :D My bf is like a child waiting for The Rock v Cena.. :rolleyes: He was looking stuff up before and it was like 10 grand for flights, tickets and accommodation. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My dad got me with an April fools joke. He told me that my cousin was one of the people in America that just won that really big lottery :o

What's a Cinnamon Swirl?

pastry, with yummy sticky cinnamon in it :)
    (mine had no icing though)

198558.jpg

pastry, with yummy sticky cinnamon in it :)
    (mine had no icing though)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/538188/198558.jpg
    That looks amazing. I love pastries like that.

I must look out for them in my local bakery and supermarket.

Meant to be making pizza's for dinner tonight to use up the left over toppings but I am in such a bad mood that I'm not even in the mood for making or eating pizza.

Mam's cooking lasagne now, can't wait for that.

That looks amazing. I love pastries like that.

I must look out for them in my local bakery and supermarket.

I got mine in Lidl today in the bakery. Actually, I got 2 :o

I got mine in Lidl today in the bakery. Actually, I got 2 :o
    My local Lidl is around a thirty minute drive from my house :( and my local Aldi doesn't have a bakery *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Found someone I know in real life, that makes 2 now

Also think I spotted someone who re-regged the first username was *****boy83 they posted some stuff put overloaded someone with info and then got a bit p*ssy that they didn't get a thanks, deleted what was in the posts and then started asking me to delete the quote in my post. Big drama over not getting a thanks because the op simply hadn't gotten around to reading the long post. They also talked alot about the other forums they are on and etc. I've seen someone now their username is *****.b and they're going on about all the other forums they're on.

Must be so cool. :D My bf is like a child waiting for The Rock v Cena.. :rolleyes: He was looking stuff up before and it was like 10 grand for flights, tickets and accommodation. :eek:

lol what? its nowhere near that, you're talking 1500 for the lot if even that, I paid less than that for a two week trip to Orlando and the wrestlemania stuff, which was the hall of fame, mania itself and raw the next night, if you're going with the most expensive seats in the building its a grand a seat but you can get really decent ones for about 200.

Its on in New Jersey next year so that'll make flights cheaper, its easy enough to get into Newark airport, the stadium is gigantic as well, most expensive stadium in America

One bet gone because Inverness lost 3-2. The other is still going.

lol what? its nowhere near that, you're talking 1500 for the lot if even that, I paid less than that for a two week trip to Orlando and the wrestlemania stuff, which was the hall of fame, mania itself and raw the next night, if you're going with the most expensive seats in the building its a grand a seat but you can get really decent ones for about 200.

Its on in New Jersey next year so that'll make flights cheaper, its easy enough to get into Newark airport, the stadium is gigantic as well, most expensive stadium in America

I dunno what the feck he was looking up then! :eek: Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Ooh that cinnamon swirl looks delicious! Went to the park today and took lots of pictures :) I think I might put them on FB in awhile. I like showing off the pictures I take.

I didn't get fooled by anyone today! I think it has gotten fairly predictable, the amount of relationships status's being changed not to mention celebrities dying :rolleyes: Not fooled.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Don't feel bad, it may look sunny but it's certainly not warm out there!

Yeah but it's still a nice day for a walk, wrapped up properly, I just can't be bothered!
    My local Lidl is around a thirty minute drive from my house :( and my local Aldi doesn't have a bakery *sigh*

We're so lucky here, Aldi, Lidl and Tesco are about a 15 second drive away, 5 minute walk. I have made it to Lidl and back with eggs in 6 minutes before. However it now means we are very poor at doing an organised food shop, because we can pop to them so easily if we forget something.

I dunno what the feck he was looking up then! :eek: Lol.

I dont watch it much anymore but I'll def watch it tonight, its more for the spectacle as much as what goes on in the ring, this nearly deafened me hearing it in person:

I met a bunch of the ring crew in a hotel, was talking to a guy who worked on the pyro, what an awesome job, blowing sh1t up for a living :pac:

i want a cinnamon swirl now :( with icing. LOTS of icing

I'm so boooooooored

• Advertisement

I dont watch it much anymore but I'll def watch it tonight, its more for the spectacle as much as what goes on in the ring, this nearly deafened me hearing it in person:

I met a bunch of the ring crew in a hotel, was talking to a guy who worked on the pyro, what an awesome job, blowing sh1t up for a living :pac:

Wow that is cool. :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,090 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I'm so boooooooored

make me a cake!

bluewolf wrote: »
    make me a cake!

Christ no cake is the last thing I want to see. I hate cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

...just thought I'd let you guys know that those cinnamon swirls are only 61 cent in tesco....(2 for €1.10 as far as I can remember). They also have icing :D...they're much cheaper than the ones in m&s (€1.20 or something)...

Christ no cake is the last thing I want to see. I hate cakes.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WEIRDO!!!!!!

• Advertisement

i'd probably hate them too if i were making them all day

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WEIRDO!!!!!!

I've made 8 cakes and 30 cupcakes this week, if you saw that much cake you'd get sick of it too!

Edit: Exactly bluewolf! Now if someone gave me a cake to eat that'd be a different story...I don't make them for myself because sugar is like crack to my family, we can't stop eating it, so have to avoid it as much as possible!

I've made 8 cakes and 30 cupcakes this week, if you saw that much cake you'd get sick of it too!

No... Never.. God i love cake..

cat-saturday-54.jpg?w=500&h=361

awec wrote: »
    Inverness v Hibs. Brave girl betting on that! :)

Not really.. More like I haven't a clue what I'm doing and took a chance lol! :rolleyes:

Edit: Come on Schalke! 5 mins to get one goal just for me, please! I'll be waiting on 2 games then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement