Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was at a screening/ pre-counselling thing for eating disorders. Big buffet table of food. Yeah that's a great idea :pac: Free mocktails though yum.

Everytime I talk to anyone at the health centre I get a free condom. I'm over grown with them and no use to me at all :(

Also people living in Ireland are not allowed to complain about the cold ever. Come live in Canada.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Also people living in Ireland are not allowed to complain about the cold ever. Come live in Canada.

My mum used to say something similar to us when we lived in Botswana! Well except Ireland was the cold one then. Constantly telling us that we don't know what it is to be cold or freezing!

Then we moved to Ireland (in the middle of winter with fecking blizzards thus my hatred for snow) and we learned how right she was.

I need to live in properly hot desert weather again...

Also Acoshla, there is nothing better for burns than raw, straight from the plant aloe vera if you can get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love when my da says Aloe Vera. He's from Offaly and says it like ALOHA Vera. :D

Everytime I talk to anyone at the health centre I get a free condom. I'm over grown with them and no use to me at all :-( .

This should help! http://kissndtell.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmm, my newphews communion is soon and I really dont want to go to the mass even though its assumed I will be, mentioned my dislike of the church to my sister and got "sure its not even about that anymore" yeah thats a modern catholic down to a tee :rolleyes:

Haha! Story of my condoms, stuck in a drawer incase my boyfriend ever visits! Think I'll just start handing them out to teenage couples at the mall, for my own entertainment.

I have gotten some super sad news :( A lot of people dropped out of my ski trip next week and it might not go ahead because they can't cover the transport budget now. I was really really looking forward to it. Will know later for sure but its not looking good. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

krudler wrote: »
    mentioned my dislike of the church to my sister and got "sure its not even about that anymore" yeah thats a modern catholic down to a tee :rolleyes:
    :D

Best of luck in your interview. I say wear trousers and shoes like you would to a normal interview. As tempting (and funny) as it would be to be business on top and casual down below (hey hey!) it will put you in a better frame of mind for the interview. Especially since you'll be in your own home so that will be difficult.

Haha! Story of my condoms, stuck in a drawer incase my boyfriend ever visits! Think I'll just start handing them out to teenage couples at the mall, for my own entertainment.

I have gotten some super sad news :( A lot of people dropped out of my ski trip next week and it might not go ahead because they can't cover the transport budget now. I was really really looking forward to it. Will know later for sure but its not looking good. :(

I refuse to use free condoms (avoid the bright orange ones!) after a bad experience with them so now I just have to find other uses for them! I wouldnt do that to the couples though either! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So today I have burnt my finger, undercooked a cake, broken a plate, made three trips to the shops because I keep forgetting stuff....awesome. The undercooked cake is about 1% undercooked on one patch, so the rest of the lovely cake has to go in the bin, hate that :( Ate some bits of it, it's delicious, makes it so much worse.

Edit: Dropped a new roll of kitchen paper into the full sink, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have a numb bum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im supposed to be doing a thesis.....im putting photos in an album!

yeah im going to fail!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

@pixie, it's well known that if you take regular relaxing study breaks it helps you concentrate for larger bodies of work.;)

@ honey-ec, rub that bum un-numb! :p or better yet, get help...

@ Acoshla, beware knives when having a day like that, my sister once severed a nerve in her finger by opening a blister pack of a new knife....with another knife :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I refuse to use free condoms (avoid the bright orange ones!) after a bad experience with them so now I just have to find other uses for them! I wouldnt do that to the couples though either! :-D

Funny balloon animals. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh well this has just ruined my day. Someone else in the office is using the same message tone as me. I keep thinking I'm popular but I'm not.

First world problem.

give US the leftover cake :eek:

Eviledna wrote: »
    Acoshla, beware knives when having a day like that, my sister once severed a nerve in her finger by opening a blister pack of a new knife....with another knife

Edna! Hello!!! I wish you lived nearby, I've been craving a chat with you today (now everybody knows of my love for you, uh oh:p)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    give US the leftover cake :eek:

If only I didn't live in the shticks I could find people to give it to, it's still sitting on the plate here, looking all tasty and nice, except for the silly uncooked ring like a tree ring, sigh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Acoshla wrote: »
    If only I didn't live in the shticks I could find people to give it to, it's still sitting on the plate here, looking all tasty and nice, except for the silly uncooked ring like a tree ring, sigh.

I'm just saying, purely a self-less deed, but if you're coming in to Galway, I'll happily take it off your hands!

Edna! Hello!!! I wish you lived nearby, I've been craving a chat with you today (now everybody knows of my love for you, uh oh:p)

where did you say you live?

edit: nm i remember :)

Definitely do the interview pantless and, if you can, some of these sock holder-uppers

mens-garters-bsti-woods1.jpg

And at the very end of the interview, stand up and walk away, so they see everything.

You'll get the job guaranteed

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    I'm just saying, purely a self-less deed, but if you're coming in to Galway, I'll happily take it off your hands!

Nope not going into Galway at all, was there on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

*giggles girlishly* oh you! :o shucks Acoshla, I wished I lived near too, and not just to hide under your kitchen window to catch the tasty cake offcuts:p

I have to nip to get some lemsip (placebo lemony yuk if you ask me) for the poor OH's mum who's sick, but I'll be back shortly. I've missed this thread! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Nope not going into Galway at all, was there on Monday!

Ah man and I was working when I should not have been working so could have done with cake! Well next time if you want to get rid of any, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

Daisies wrote: »
    Ah man and I was working when I should not have been working so could have done with cake! Well next time if you want to get rid of any, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

So selfless of you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam,our boiler is leaking oil so no heating for us tonight until the plumber sorts it and its freezing :(:o

• Advertisement

Smarties Cake: €1.35
    Ben and Jerry's Phish Food: €2.99
    3 Kit Kat Peanut Butter: €2
    Reese's Cups: €1

The satisfaction of a successful shopping trip: Priceless

BUT
    The knowledge that I can't eat the Cake or Ice Cream until tomorrow: Torture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

I am crying and i don't know for sure why if i'm totally honest.. i'm one for delayed reactions, something happens i.e. death and i'll cry then and at funeral but it usually doesnt hit me for weeks after,, break up,, upset/ angry at time and again hits me much later on full on..

A few things i'm thinking of that maybe the trigger but i absolutely hate feeling this way when at same time i feel nothings happened.
    My grannys death in october, saw her day before she died and i spoke to her and im thinking that prob didnt help but i havent been to where she lived since although alot of my family live there.. i could say i didnt have alot of free time but more when i go, i know she's not there and it'll all come back and hit.
    me and the boy in december, vented vented and vented plenty but still it hit me later... im sure i'm over it cos it wasnt anything big but still!!

My brother has moved to another country...

My best friend hasnt spoken to me in a month and i dont know if this is down to him being busy or something i've done and i have initiated contact but he's not replying.

this might just be a phase of me feeling absolutely shi*e and I could be fine next week but at moment i just want to stay in bed. I'll be fine one day and go with anything and next i might want to stay in bed. this has been like this a while but feeling worse the last 2 weeks.

I dropped dinner earlier, got slightly hit by hot food, not bad but i had to go to room and cry about it.. wasnt working and now have to and that has put me to tears.

we dont do crying in my house so i'm getting out of here assap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, my boyfriend has gotten time off work so he can come to the U.K with me to visit my dad and siblings in two weeks :D

Booking flights tonight :D

So excited :D

Singing went well again made progress, im happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So freakin' cold. And I want food, but I don't really have any, grr :(

Anyone else looking forward to summer? I just miss the sun!

• Advertisement

EmilyO wrote: »
    So freakin' cold. And I want food, but I don't really have any, grr :(

Anyone else looking forward to summer? I just miss the sun!
    There's never any sun in Ireland to miss, IMO.

We might get one or a few days of sun, but that's it usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

There's never any sun in Ireland to miss, IMO.

We might get one or a few days of sun, but that's it usually.

Well that's true, but I live naively in hope of a heatwave :p

EmilyO wrote: »
    Well that's true, but I live naively in hope of a heatwave :p
    :D:D:D

Chinese for dinner again tonight, whoop! Yaaaaaaay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Today a mixed bunch of emotion! happy, excited but also also anxious and nervous argghhh

I'm in love and with love everything that comes with it! giddy excitement, happiness sharing those special moments with someone you care about! I am overwhelmed I'm either in lust or love I think at the minute a bit of both!! but truly if I admit to myself am hell over heels as the saying goes...

but... he lives 4000miles away!! I am slightly bitter at this very fact purely based on the fact that I had forgotten how good it feels to love somebody! god I'm a tad bit OTT (I'd nearly desert myself at the minute I'm so lovesick!)

So I'm having ''why me moment'' or FML Fcuken Typical! :)

nicechick! wrote: »
    Today a mixed bunch of emotion! happy, excited but also also anxious and nervous argghhh

I'm in love and with love everything that comes with it! giddy excitement, happiness sharing those special moments with someone you care about! I am overwhelmed I'm either in lust or love I think at the minute a bit of both!! but truly if I admit to myself am hell over heels as the saying goes...

but... he lives 4000miles away!! I am slightly bitter at this very fact purely based on the fact that I had forgotten how good it feels to love somebody! god I'm a tad bit OTT (I'd nearly desert myself at the minute I'm so lovesick!)

So I'm having ''why me moment'' or FML Fcuken Typical! :)

I have it easy so, my boyfriend is only 2500 miles away!

It's not easy but it can work really well if you both want it to. It is a permanent thing though? Me and my boyfriend get through it knowing one of us will move to be with the other by next year at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ivy, those bibs and stuff you made are adorable! I'm annoyed I don't have a sewing machine now because I really want to try something like that. I might try hand sewing something at some stage. Currently trying to knit wrist warmer things by modifying a fingerless glove pattern.. Not sure if it'll work but I'm giving it a go.

krudler, hope the interview goes well! And let us know if you did it pant-less. ;)

MsAllyBear - I hope you're okay hun, you sound like you're having a really tough time at the moment. PM open if you need it. *hugs for you*

Oh dear, Arsenal are losing 1-0.. Poor bf ain't happy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i dont understand wednesdays! im always so depressed

its beyond a joke now :(

its my wednesday slump!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tantrum child makes Mama tired. Crapsticks, can he make himself a the deadest of dead weights when he wants to. Drinking coffee now while himself plays Skyrim.

has steak will travel

mines medium i think
    black on the outside and pink on the inside
    nom

• Advertisement

has steak will travel

You're so nice, I like mine rare.

em how did my reply to you getposted before you lol

em how did my reply to you getposted before you lol

Temporal shift.

i knew all my quantum physics lectures would come in handy some day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Allybear, I hope you feel better soon. Feeling down is just horrible- everything seems so blue at times like that. xx

Krudler- a video interview?? I've never heard of them before. Why don't they have face to face interviews, is it for a job far away or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I had myself a nice chinese there with my boyfriend, feet is up.

Now so if anyone knows any science jobs out there gimme a bell!

i have leftover calories and no cake :(

eat ALL the biscuits!

(i'd love another steak though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

jesus, had electrolysis today, and it hurt a lot more than usual! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Might be getting chinese tomorrow night and there's also a possibility of me going to Noel Gallagher on Friday night with my brother because his friend may not be able to go with him. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement