Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah saw the pics on FB!! Well done on the delivery :D I assumed it was a foster - not a boarder lol!! What a beautiful GSD too!

Thanks! Her new owners rescued her only 2/3 weeks back. The 'shelter' said she 'might' be pregnant but didn't know so the vet confirmed it last Tuesday week but they estimated around 3/4 weeks left. Her owners are due back on Monday but Sheba decided she wouldn't wait:o.

So I'll only have 2 more days of puppies:o. I think it's 5 boys and 1 girl.

Well we had a lovely walk this morning in St. Anne's (first time there) on our quest to find the "dog park" which was meh - he had more fun playing in the stream. BUT he slipped coming out of the stream and seemed grand - no limps etc..brought him back for another play in the dog area as more dogs had arrived and it wasn't until he was trotting around (and 5-10 mins had passed) that I saw his swollen black eye!! :eek: His eyelid is all grazed - swelling is gone down so I cleaned it to be safe and will keep an eye (excuse the pun) on it and see what happens - luckily the vet is open all weekend and it's the nice vet too who he doesn't give out to - I know all their cars lol :D My poor baba!

Ouch! Poor Bailey! They're so resilient when they give themselves a knock aren't they? Playtime must continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was just out buying kitten supplies for dudes arrival in 2 weeks, and I found a pet shop that sells Arden grange cat food and James well beloved, so I think when them 10kg bag of red mills I won at the cat show is gone ill wean them onto the better foods! It's cheaper than royal canin and better quality ingredients :) I'm just glad I can buy it in an actual shop rather than online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So I'll only have 2 more days of puppies:o. I think it's 5 boys and 1 girl.

Good timing too being the long weekend. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Myself and OH are planning on climbing Croagh Patrick tomorrow and he mentioned he was planning on bringing Lexi. I wouldn't think she'd manage it, what do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Myself and OH are planning on climbing Croagh Patrick tomorrow and he mentioned he was planning on bringing Lexi. I wouldn't think she'd manage it, what do ye reckon?

Bring a backpack for her! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

TillyGirl wrote: »

I reckon if you can manage it she can! Just take it easy, have a few breaks, make sure she drinks etc. I'm sure she'd be fine.

If not you can always carry her back down. :cool:

Ah lads, 9im drunk! but i love everynoe on this forum yuous are all so cool :D

Waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Council are shutting our local parks at 5.30! I have one across the road and it was being closed, so thought me and lola would dander up to the other park up the road. Get there and there is the same bloke locking it up. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Oh that's a pity Dunny! :( Sure most people are at work til then and only get to take the dog or kids out after 5:30. My local park is open until 10pm all year round but they've recently started to close it at 7pm at the weekends. No reason given, but I suspect it was due to kids hanging around drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah lads, 9im drunk! but i love everynoe on this forum yuous are all so cool

How's the head? :D

Oh that's a pity Dunny! :( Sure most people are at work til then and only get to take the dog or kids out after 5:30. My local park is open until 10pm all year round but they've recently started to close it at 7pm at the weekends. No reason given, but I suspect it was due to kids hanging around drinking.

Yeah like I finish work at 6. All I can do is take her to a few greens and let her run about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Dunny wrote: »
    Yeah like I finish work at 6. All I can do is take her to a few greens and let her run about.

Are there no broken railings around the parks that you could fit through? thats very early to be closing them :(

Are you sure it's not just because of Easter that they're closing early? Ours wasn't open early on Friday morning :( can't even go to the park now anyways for a few days because I want to keep the graze over his eye clean and dry. :(

anniehoo wrote: »
    How's the head? :D

Not great I must admit.... Easter eggs help :)

ISDW wrote: »
    Are there no broken railings around the parks that you could fit through? thats very early to be closing them :(

Nope. I was thinking just jumping it but Lola is easily 12-14kg so its be hard enough getting her over nvm meself lol

tk123 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not just because of Easter that they're closing early? Ours wasn't open early on Friday morning :( can't even go to the park now anyways for a few days because I want to keep the graze over his eye clean and dry. :(

Yeah thats what the guy said, but like the evenings are brighter now and our park has a skate ramp and a playground, why shut it when kids are out enjoying it and people have their dogs out?? Baffles me tbh

What happened to your guys eye tk??

Hot dogs - get your hot dogs.

Big fire and two lazy dogs with 2 big bones. Cosy!

Lola's in heat it seems! (drops of blood)

What should I do with her walk wise?

Dunny wrote: »
    Lola's in heat it seems! (drops of blood)

What should I do with her walk wise?

You can still walk her no problem, but on a leash at all times for the next 2 weeks minimum. Id restrict the walks to quieter areas that you know you wont meet too many dogs. If you keep her out the back garden for any length of time,make sure it isnt accessible (even by jumping) to other dogs. Males will literally tear through fences/scale them to get at a female.

I've posted about it before but a guy in our park lets the dog run free even when she's in heat - does my head in because he seems to get a kick out of seeing male dogs showing an interest in her.... Oblivious to the risks to her or the other dogs for that matter :/

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    You can still walk her no problem, but on a leash at all times for the next 2 weeks minimum. Id restrict the walks to quieter areas that you know you wont meet too many dogs. If you keep her out the back garden for any length of time,make sure it isnt accessible (even by jumping) to other dogs. Males will literally tear through fences/scale them to get at a female.

Years ago, the man I was living with had a GSD cross and 7ft walls. She was in heat and I got up one morning to find a teeny little Jack Russell in her kennel with her. They were all happily curled up like buddies.

We assumed he had slipped in the side gate when we opened it or something. He was tagged, (and neutered), he lived in the next estate so I brought him home. The next night I was getting ready for bed, looked out the window and saw the little fella pacing outside the walls. I swear to god, he took a few steps back, wiggled his little ass and ran UP the wall and back down the other side. They had a very joyous reunion. Very cute. (but goes to show how easily they can get at each other!)

Ah Whispered i hear ya, they're determined little feckers when they want to. I have a vid of a cat (not sure if you remember the Mollys kittens thread) from a year or so ago. Unbelievable with the persistance and determination they have when they want to mate. Dunny, watch her like a hawk for the next 2 weeks is my only advice :p

Yep, don't leave her out in the garden alone. I remember one time Coco was in heat a golden retriever from over half a mile away continually broke out of his garden to get to her. He never got into our garden but scraped all the paint off one of the front gates. We had to keep letting him in and calling the owners for fear he would get knocked down.

Sheba and her puppies have gone home. I'm missing them already :(

It's one bank holiday weekend I won't forget in a hurry! Very stressful but very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I am a wee bit emotional, a large amount of dogs were taken from a puppy farm in autumn last year, including a number of huskies that initially came to me, then onto UK rescues. One of the bitches, who was so, so scared when I first met her is in a fab home and is doing a sponsored canicross run on Saturday, raising money to help children and young people with cancer. Its so fantastic to see how much she has come on, and is now helping people. :)

Peach decided she was so happy to see me home from placement that she would jump up and climb me. Unfortunately when she jumped the chair she jumped off rattled, scaring her so she ripper my chest, stomach, back and arm. I love my cats....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've still got the war wounds from getting Jasper into the cat carrier for the vet trip last month. He got my hands,a deep one on my inner arm,abdomen,a boob and my upper arm. He really,really didn't wanna go in and that was with the sedative. Poor little guy goes into absolute terror at the sight of the carrier. He knows it means he's going to the vet and he literally fights for his life.

He needed a couple of teeth removed and is a lot happier now,so it was worth the perseverance and the war wounds.

We got a crate for dude for when we get him next week, I was worried about it bring too small. I fit in it. I'm not so worried anymore!

:D I've been worried the last few weeks that Bailey was getting fat - he's visibly expanding...so weighed him today at maxi zoo- he hasn't put any weight on so it's definitely his coat getting thick and fluffy - AT LAST!! All thank's to BARF! :) I spent 20 mins brushing him in the park today - there'll be some cozy birds lining their nests with the mountain of fur we left behind lol !:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Lexi isn't well :(

We were down in Mayo for the weekend. She was a bit quiet yesterday but we went for a walk in the morning and she seemed fine but when I put her into her crate with Oz after her dinner in the evening and she went for him which she has never done before. They always get on brilliant. Didn't think much of it just kept them separate.

Then this morning had her in her crate in my room, when I let her out she couldn't jump up on the bed. Brought them back to Galway and when I went to get her out of her crate she just kept crying. She cant jump up and her back legs look wrong when shes sitting down. Kept her in the crate with a bone but when I took her out for her dinner she just keeps crying but after she ate she trotted around the garden so I have no idea whats going on. Will bring her to the vet tomorrow I just hope its not too serious.

If it was HD would it come on this quick or is it more likely to be a pulled muscle or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement