Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Funny Side of not being straight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    # John you're too small to play basketball - Are you lesbian and gay

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Seeing as we all seem to be Doctor Who fans here...

were you ever drinking a screwdriver and thought "oooh, this could be a little more sonic!"?

well, I give you the sonic screwdriver:

2UGiT.jpg

Vodka
    Blue Curacao
    Sprite

enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Is that not one of the many recipes for romulan ale?

maybe?

But a screwdriver is vodka and orange. so vodka and blue curacao, which is orange, makes it sonic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

It's also known as a blue lagoon. Whatever you want to call it it tastes very very nice.

There is no band who makes more jokes about their sexuality than McFly. Due to this there are A LOT of slash videos on youtube...

• Advertisement

Alcohol is so confusing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Alcohol is so confusing...
    Fun though! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Links234 wrote: »

Vodka
    Blue Curacao
    Sprite

enjoy!

known as a blue lagoon where i worked :)

Links234 wrote: »

That's since evolved into QUILTBAGPIPE. :p

• Advertisement

God I love Neil Patrick Harris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

http://sociallyawkward******.tumblr.com/
    Ok stupid censor stars, the word there is f.aggot :P
    http://homohelp.net/

:D

Middle class enough for nobody to care about sexuality.
    Crave acknowledgement. Start tumbleblog. :p

Receive many negative comments.
    Delete and post screen capture of rave reviews.

Some of them are funny all right, but the irony is delish.

tumblr_l1ah5p1j241qzu1fpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ldhcbccyJ71qdavgxo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Both of my funny-ish stories happened with two of my three sisters.
    Coming out to one of them. She was sitting on her bed with her phone and I started into it.
    "Well..... you see.... the thing is... like..."
    Phone rings*, she answers. "Hello?"
    Me: "I'm gay"
    Brief pause.
    Her: "One second" Turns to me "you serious?"
    When I nodded she said, "Ok one second"
    Turned back to the phone "Yeah? No I'm not busy. Any craic with you?"
    Me: .____.''
    Cue me standing there awkwardly for 15 mins until she finished her lengthy phone call. :p

Other one was with a different sister who I had already come out to. Parents were gone and there was a house party at ours. I was upstairs in my room because I'm not too keen on our house parties, and she drunkenly came into my room and tried to get me to come down. I just started telling her that shes drunk, and to go back down stairs,
    She said "C'mere and look at me straight. Do I look drunk?"
    Me: "..... How can I possibly look straight?"
    And thus began the explosive laughter that we couldn't exactly explain to the other people in the house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

20110619.gif

Yoinked from "The Funny Side of Religion" in A&A. :)

EwcQL.png

Anyone else with a CS degree knows exactly where I'm coming from here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Anyone else with a CS degree knows exactly where I'm coming from here. :pac:

Hheh, there seem to be a good few of us on here, nice one :cool:

I've heard this complaint so many times, was never really a concern for me though, hweh.

....I don't get it. Explain computery people. :P

• Advertisement

The gender ratio in CS (and some other technical fields) is incredibly skewed - in my final year class as an undergrad there were 36 guys and 4 girls. Over the course of the year, those girls magically become better looking in your mind because you spend so much time where these are the only women you see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Let's say when I was in college it was rumoured a girl had been seen once in the IT/CS building :rolleyes:

Ok that makes more sense. Won't be taking computer science then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I suppose another thing I find kinda funny is how innocent my friends think I am.
    On nights out they're always trying to hook me up with girls, and I'm every girls best friend so the lads don't know why I get with one of them.
    So I'm known as dry, frigid, and picky :p
    How little do they know hehehe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

The gender ratio in CS (and some other technical fields) is incredibly skewed - in my final year class as an undergrad there were 36 guys and 4 girls. Over the course of the year, those girls magically become better looking in your mind because you spend so much time where these are the only women you see...

How true is that for most sciencey courses?
    And a chunk of my friends are (hopefully) going into CS in September. Poor them :P

Aoifums wrote: »
    How true is that for most sciencey courses?
    And a chunk of my friends are (hopefully) going into CS in September. Poor them :P
    Physics, engineering and maths are mostly guys, chemistry is fairly even, biology and biomedical subjects are mostly girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Physics, engineering and maths are mostly guys, chemistry is fairly even, biology and biomedical subjects are mostly girls.

Feck. I wanted to be in a guyish class!

The gender ratio in CS (and some other technical fields) is incredibly skewed - in my final year class as an undergrad there were 36 guys and 4 girls.
    It was the opposite in my final year. Lots of girls and only a couple of guys... :(

xrAP3.jpg

• Advertisement

Does anyone know any LGBT themed comics like DAR ? I really tried not to read the whole thing in an hour like I do with everything else but then I did and now its over :/

http://khaoskomix.com/

EDIT: not like DAR, but LGBT none the less and quite funny at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Does anyone know any LGBT themed comics like DAR ? I really tried not to read the whole thing in an hour like I do with everything else but then I did and now its over :/

It's finished now but you should try Girly if you haven't read it before. I cried a lil' at the last comic :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

This is a sweet little trans related webcomic:

Rain

One thats a little bit more on the silly end of the spectrum (most of the time):

Trans Girl Diaries

• Advertisement

coming-out.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Saw this in YLYL, thought I ought to post it here

mKlNb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

sJNIj.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

churchoter You asked for some links to comics.
    Check out Alison Bechdel site the author of Dykes to Watch out For and Fun Home.
    Fun Home is a best selling comic novel: A Family Tragicomic, which won an Eisner Award and was a National Book Critics Circle Award Finalist. Time Magazine named Fun Home the number one Best Book of 2006, calling the memoir about her father, “A masterpiece about two people who live in the same house but different worlds, and their mysterious debts to each other.”
    You can also read some of her comic archive by clicking on the link below and then clicking on Dykes To Watch Out For
    http://dykestowatchoutfor.com/

• Advertisement

MxQdv.png

GraphJam:

Reasons why I am gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, pansexual

(yoinked from /r/lgbt, linked for f-bombs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

picture.php?albumid=1188&pictureid=10120

I was bored and I made this. I might be the only one who finds it funny tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Darn, I can't read it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

sorry :o kid is the arty puter proficient one in my house. basically, get creative with a latex glove and produce an origami crane. my daughter would say I'm lame..

I don't know if other people will find this funny, I did... Epic wikihow fail.

http://www.wikihow.com/Try-to-Stop-Being-Gay
    Being homosexual is perfectly natural-as long as it makes you happy. However, if you aren't happy about having gay thoughts, for whatever reason, this article will help you become straight. Remember, it's not always possible to change your sexual orientation, but you can give a shot anyway.

1) Turn your back on most things 'gay'. If you have homosexual photographs, magazines, etc., throw them out. Don't just hide them, because that means you are not sure of your decision to go straight. Dispose of any homosexual items.

2) Acknowledge that you are about to make a major life change, and come to terms with that. If you second guess yourself, then chances are you shouldn't be doing this.

3) If you aren't too embarassed, buy a sexy magazine featuring the opposite sex.

4) Focus on members of the opposite sex around you. Obviously, you don't want to be caught staring down a girl's top or at a guy's crotch. Try to notice their features and what you like about them.

5) Next, work on the opposite sex's mental and emotional beauty. Notice the things you like about people that are unique to their sex. Write them down if you like.

6) If you're ready, start a relationship. The relationship should be with someone you trust and know well. Make sure that they will be accepting of the fact that you were once homosexual.

7) If the relationship doesen't work because of issues between the two of you (NOT because you want to go back to being gay), break up. Find another partner to have a relationship with.

8) Once you have found that special someone, enjoy your new life!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Haha, it's really that simple! :P

...walking past Georgia Salpa and wonder what's all the fuss about her :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Barna, I ask myself the same question and I'm severly atracted to women.

I'm severly atracted to women.

Finally, a diagnosis for my life!!!!!!!!

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement