Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Hasta La Vista baby

The iron sights are like those of the M1014, tasty!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You can't fault the M1014 surely... It was absolutely beast. The only one I had gold camo for.

Forgot about the shotgun class tbh, and yeah I agree.

Uzi, Dragunov and whatever the LMG was were horrible choices for gold guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I dont care what anyone says the UMP.45 was over powered, it killed with 3 bullets when stopping power was on.

2 with stopping power, 2 or 3 without stopping power depending on multipliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Raven Software + IW5 Engine for Multiplayer

What experience do they have?

Will we know at E3 if there will be dedicated servers ?

As if Activison will spend their hard earned money(ya right) on dedicated servers

You think they would have a ****ing clue by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Headshot wrote: »
    You think they would have a ****ing clue by now

Economics, I think they understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

That map in the Gun pics look pretty good aswell.

Ghost shut up :P with your knowledge of IW.Did you get the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

CORaven wrote: »
    Economics, I think they understand it.

Look what happened with Guitar hero!
    They'll do their best to run this franchise into the ground too . Don't you worry :D

Dedicated servers would be immense.

• Advertisement

;) They could be bust by then lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

None of these trailers or fancy mock up pics get me excited, i'm as dry as camel's nutsack.

We've seen the no green crappy matrix style trailer done from MW2 with the lift doors and the russian dub. An infinite number of monkeys given enough time with solidworks could make them guns.

Until I see something solid like this standard of trailer this game ain't nothing but ashes and dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hope they grab Hans Zimmer for this title. Brilliant composer.

I love the score for MW2, you hear it so much on the title screens and the like its easy to forget how ****ing epic it is in places, I really wish you could select the score to play in multiplayer matches, how epic would it feel to start a triple cap domination comeback with this bad boy blaring out of the speakers:

or this:

you can do that with the 360? I was unaware! does it work on multiplayer too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Not sure if I like how much they have tarted up the m4?

I mean the handguard, flash hider, stock, eotech, magnifier ..... perhaps its a clue that they will be doing a very deep attachments line up? Seeing as they have put a lot into branding like Remington , magpul and eotch (from the small slice we've seen so far) perhaps they are lining up crazy levels of gun mods.

Just looking at the m4, seems like its using a 7.64 mag? Weird, I know colt developed a 7.64 m4 some time ago but its not really used much. Would mean it'd have similar characteristics to an ak if thats the case.

- for the normal folk the ak uses 7.64 rounds which travel slower, are less accurate and have less range but have a larger knockdown punch that of the standard nato 5.56 round the m4 (amongst others use)

hightower1 wrote: »
    Not sure if I like how much they have tarted up the m4?

I mean the handguard, flash hider, stock, eotech, magnifier ..... perhaps its a clue that they will be doing a very deep attachments line up? Seeing as they have put a lot into branding like Remington , magpul and eotch (from the small slice we've seen so far) perhaps they are lining up crazy levels of gun mods.

Just looking at the m4, seems like its using a 7.64 mag? Weird, I know colt developed a 7.64 m4 some time ago but its not really used much. Would mean it'd have similar characteristics to an ak if thats the case.

- for the normal folk the ak uses 7.64 rounds which travel slower, are less accurate and have less range but have a larger knockdown punch that of the standard nato 5.56 round the m4 (amongst others use)

Might allow more than 1 or 2 attachments per gun then, would be cool if its balanced, tbh I'd take a grip and red dot instead of noobtube and not have to sacrifice SOH any day of the week, bling is cool but I reload after every kill so I haaaate not having SOH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I hate Hans Zimmer but I have to admit that I love the MW2 ost.

Are you saying you can upload the ost from the game disc and store it on your hard drive?

But you mean download if via your computer first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

True dat.

Is that list your preferred SMG's or the best SMG's?

Very surprised you have the P90 as the worst though.

Best SMG's in MW2 imo:

UMP
    P90
    MP5k
    Vector
    Uzi

Personal favourites:

Uzi
    Vector
    P90
    UMP
    MP5k

Fall camo looks like someone threw up, don't get the fascination for it. Saying that I've never earned it as I chop and change so much. Gold camo in COD4 was something I wanted and earned however. Shame only the AK47 was the only I really used because the other gold guns were terrible.

My list.

Never really got into the MP5k or P90 (although dual wielding the P90s with steady aim can be quite fun!).
    MP5k is decent close in but muck at medium-long range compared the the mini-Uzi/Vector/UMP.
    Never found the P90 to be that accurate, even close in.

I think Fall is more for showing off in killcams than anything - I always stick on the highest camo I have for a gun.

• Advertisement

Im just so glad I have been playing mw2 rather than BOPS, at least there its faily evident the type of players that no one likes... quickscopers, MLC tools, OMA tubers, people buying their ranks.... have spent the last year religiously selecting to avoid these gamertags in every lobby, feels like and investment for MW3 to be less full of muppets , from my own gamertags POV at least.

I started doing it and figured it wouldnt make a difference but it actually does. I used to see the same gamertags come up all the time (seeing as the were probably the best to peer with) but once you start avoiding them you wont see the same kids re appear. Would highly recommend anyone to do it. Its a very slow process before you see any reduction in muppetry and you have to do it religiously but it does work. Just think of the prize at the end of the line... a marked reduction in being paired with asshats for mw3.... totally worth it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hate Hans Zimmer but I have to admit that I love the MW2 ost.

Are you saying you can upload the ost from the game disc and store it on your hard drive?

PERMABA......... :pac:

Im just so glad I have been playing mw2 rather than BOPS, at least there its faily evident the type of players that no one likes... quickscopers, MLC tools, OMA tubers, people buying their ranks.... have spent the last year religiously selecting to avoid these gamertags in every lobby, feels like and investment for MW3 to be less full of muppets , from my own gamertags POV at least.

I started doing it and figured it wouldnt make a difference but it actually does. I used to see the same gamertags come up all the time (seeing as the were probably the best to peer with) but once you start avoiding them you wont see the same kids re appear. Would highly recommend anyone to do it. Its a very slow process before you see any reduction in muppetry and you have to do it religiously but it does work. Just think of the prize at the end of the line... a marked reduction in being paired with asshats for mw3.... totally worth it.

as in you're selecting cheap players and putting them on your avoid list? never thought of doing that.

PERMABA......... :pac:

Zimmer can be very very lazy as a composer though, he's created some amazing themes for movies and some terrible, rehashed ones. his recent work has been excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

First thing i turn off when loading up a new cod is the music !!!! HORRRIBLE.

And i dont play the single player... cause its ****e.

krudler wrote: »
    Zimmer can be very very lazy as a composer though, he's created some amazing themes for movies and some terrible, rehashed ones. his recent work has been excellent though.

Indeed, look at Gladiator and then Pirates of the Caribean. Then looks at the Pirates sequels.

Hack much?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    as in you're selecting cheap players and putting them on your avoid list? never thought of doing that.

Yeah but you have to be doing it constantly. There are probably thousands of "preferred" peers when playing MW2 just based on teh sheer amount of players at any one time. Things like geographical location , time of day and ISP will all effect the peering set ups but after a few months of blocking dopes with MLC and the likes there is a noticable reduction. Still get the odd night but not as frequent as before but a good measure.

Magill wrote: »
    First thing i turn off when loading up a new cod is the music !!!! HORRRIBLE.

And i dont play the single player... cause its ****e.

what? most of the COD games have fantastic music scores, MW1 and 2 especiallty, WAW's isnt bad either. really adds to the frenetic pace of the SP mode at times, especially like on the Favela levels in MW2 when you're being chased across the rooftops,great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

159109.jpg

Release date all but confirmed

..... and thats the 8th booked off work for me right now! Saw that on the way to work this morn and booked it off first thing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

..... and thats the 8th booked off work for me right now! Saw that on the way to work this morn and booked it off first thing. :D

What date format is that though??? DD:MM or MM: DD ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

8th is a Tuesday? Gonna have to take that week off:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

That's an Australian poster so it's the 8th of November. And once again I'll be doing the midnight launch in Smyths and be in work at 9am the next morning...enjoy it ye feckers! :D

I had a look at the holiday rota yesterday since the 8th was rumoured, its free,I have spare days left, woot guess I know what I'm doing that week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Anyone for Smallpox the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Anyone for Smallpox the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th? :D

I'll take a dose if there going please. :D

No way am I doing a midnight launch, fcuk that. I can wait 10 extra hours after waiting 2 years tbh. Still amazed at MW2 though.... STILL playing it nearly a year and a half later and still finding new aspects like teh fn2000, only started using that last night and loving it. Tis nuts the amount of play time Im getting out of it, if mw3 only givs half that I'll be happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

jesus christ thats desperate. Who cares what engine it's being built on when they all look like trash on the current gen consoles anyway??? Of course, there is the "gameplay", you could honestly play this game against bots and i'm not convinced it would feel any different. COD BO was a final revelation for me that the series has met it's end with it's current loadout. So much would have to be done to push the series forward. BF3 is a perfect example of what kind of steps need to be taken to evolve. But in saying that, the vast majority of COD players being the type to only buy 1-2 games a year, I'm guessing all they need is a new map pack for 15euro to feel like they've purchased a new game. meh, ill pass this time

Here comes the onslaught of COD haters.... I just dont get it. I mean I HATE gears and halo, nothing about them speaks to me and I have bought and tried them. I dont try and slam them at every oppertunity simply becuase if that many people like the games there HAS to be something good to them that I specifically just dont like, thats not to say they arent good games.

COD haters seem to want to slag cod simply cause its popular? If someone asked me whats my fav game, yeah it'd have to be MW2 but its not without faults. Yes COD needs and engine overhaul soooooo badly and yes the community on a global scale are probably some of the worst you can find if your looking for a mature install base BUT the game itself is good why else would it be the biggest in the world?

Here comes the onslaught of COD haters.... I just dont get it. I mean I HATE gears and halo, nothing about them speaks to me and I have bought and tried them. I dont try and slam them at every oppertunity simply becuase if that many people like the games there HAS to be something good to them that I specifically just dont like, thats not to say they arent good games.

COD haters seem to want to slag cod simply cause its popular? If someone asked me whats my fav game, yeah it'd have to be MW2 but its not without faults. Yes COD needs and engine overhaul soooooo badly and yes the community on a global scale are probably some of the worst you can find if your looking for a mature install base BUT the game itself is good why else would it be the biggest in the world?

before you go up to your hightower (ho ho ho) ive played and purchased every cod game there has ever been within, at the latest, a week of release, so don't try and turn this into a us/them complex because it's not. The first game to really turn me away fro CS:S was COD2(although knowing cod derives most of it's current fanbase from console gamers who played MW2 than even cod4, and certainly not the previous titles I dont expect every poster here to have played it) My only point is, what has really changed? Has the game actually evolved at all, or is it just a reskin map pack at this stage? The single player game can actual play itself from start to finish??? and even the weakest of players can finish on top in the MP. Also, dont try and tell me just because it's the biggest game in the world it's actually any good, popular culture is what it is, thats why the xfactor is a number 1 tv show and why the world is more obese now than it ever has been, just because something happens to be in a majority doesn't mean it's a good thing. I can see a lot of love for MW2, which is cool, but what about black ops? has that fallen by the wayside a little bit, did it have too many short comings? do you think infinity ward can pull through without it's previous dev team to make sure it plays like it's supposed to? Personally, I expect it to feel like a map pack, the lone wolf gameplay will be exactly the same. Im just not feeling it, there's no evolution, ill wait until it's out because what do I know, what do any of us know. But I reckon I'll be sitting this one out.

I totally agree that the franchise isnt evolving at all and a lot of players are getting burnt out from that but the formula still draws a lot of people to play. I will be getting battlefield 3 also and the one thing I am certain of is that the experience will be worlds apart. If was forced to call it though I prob will end up playing COD far more simply bsed on the virtue that the COD formula doesnt change and from my play time on MW2.

I just dont think pointing out CODs bad points on a thread full of exicted fans is going to result in anything more than you appearning to be a flamer? I think all COD fans are awre of the downfalls of the serise at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

cod4 is still the best hands down for me, WAW,mw2 and black ops are the same game with different maps.

i think the maps on cod4 are the best aswell as it having the best options on private games like old school mode.

for some reason i think the maps treyarch do are terrible compared to infinity ward, i go by the maps because the gameplay is the exact same in all of them bar diving out of the way in black ops.

im going to give bf3 a proper try but il also give mw3 a go but im expecting the same ol game with differnt maps to be honest.

The blacks ops maps in particular are brutal. They just mirror each side with some changes. The cod4 maps were unbalanced in their layout, a starting area on one side would be left and never returned to, but the starting point on the other side could become central to the battle, I liked this a lot! It's a dynamic. I guess that's why I like cod4 so much. I think the series became a cash cow thereafter, very cinematic yes, and a bit more like a Tom Clancy book than any Tom Clancy game interestingly. But yeah, I'm not flaming, I'm just not feeling any of the hype. Console gamers really need new machines to. It's a wonder there was never any far-sight into creating upgradable components for consoles. Particularly for the ps3 seeing as the production and release of the machine nearly sent them completely bust. A new playstation is an age away, but I just got a gainward geforce phantom 570gtx for my middling pc and now it's a monster. I dunno, I can't play the same old rehash of a game on a pixelated resolution with practically no textures to speak of anymore and still pay top dollar for it at release.

I think I'm just a grumpy young man hahaha enjoy it anyway lads, sure a hobby is what it is, and there's no harm in being excited!

IMO Treyarch have been much better than IW at developing maps. Mirroring each side makes it more ballanced for both teams. If you look at MW2's Estate for example, thats just a joke. One team is way more elevated than the other. Camp in the house with a javelin and fire one off directly onto the opositions spawn.

Am I the only person that actually likes Estate :pac: Its the exact reason you mentioned too, its so different on either side. theres a ton of great sightlines, loads of ways around the map and it suits almost every gametype, maybe a bit big for S&D but for ground wars its perfect. Its hard to get spawntrapped as well which the COD4 maps are terrible 4 (I like the maps, just getting out a a trap at C on vacant and A on Crash are a fcuking nightmare, at least in maps like Estate you can fight your way out through multiple routes)

jesus christ thats desperate. Who cares what engine it's being built on when they all look like trash on the current gen consoles anyway??? Of course, there is the "gameplay", you could honestly play this game against bots and i'm not convinced it would feel any different. COD BO was a final revelation for me that the series has met it's end with it's current loadout. So much would have to be done to push the series forward. BF3 is a perfect example of what kind of steps need to be taken to evolve. But in saying that, the vast majority of COD players being the type to only buy 1-2 games a year, I'm guessing all they need is a new map pack for 15euro to feel like they've purchased a new game. meh, ill pass this time

so far this year alone I've bought and finished/currently playing/will play:

Vanquish
    Red Dead Redemption
    Alan Wake
    Splinter Cell Conviction (was playing catchup with xbox titles)
    Portal 2
    Mortal Kombat
    and a bunch of XBLA games

and plan on buying:

LA Noire
    Gears 3
    Duke Nukem
    Arkham City
    Deus Ex
    Zelda: Skyward Sword (if it comes out this year)
    Battlefield 3
    MW3
    Tomb Raider
    and Uncharted 3 (the daddy of games releases this year for me)

So not all COD players are ADD riddled kids with no intrerest in any other games,I've been playing games for 25 years (I know I'm old :pac: ) and have no plans on stopping any time soon.. MW2 has its shortcomings, but its still infinitely more fun to play than Black Ops for me, I just enjoy it way more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Well he was shot but he wasnt burned, someone used Noclip and got out of roach and it shows roach on fire but not Ghost

Burned or not, .44 to the side of the head is lights out for Ghost:pac:..pity though..first time I saw him in mw2 while trying to shoot the guy running, I stopped and looked thinking 'is he wearing a skull balaclava?...Badass':p

Like I posted before, Im a fanboy

182094_198238260187886_100000051418142_791955_3168196_n.jpg

thats what Im doing for Halloween this year, dunno what to do about the gun though might just but a cheap toy one and bring that, wouldnt get an airsoft gun (as much as Id love one) just for that night. plus I dont think nightclubs would like people strolling in with replica assault rifles slung over their shoulder :pac: so a toy m16 or something will do fine,

they do still sell toy guns right?...

I wouldnt mind Ghost returning, even someone else wearing the balaclava and taking up the name, its the easiest way around it.

H06359_M.jpg

I could buy 2 of these and claim theyre akimbo 1887s :pac:

• Advertisement

this'd do, its even got Fall camo :D

!CFW5u4!EWk~$(KGrHqR,!m!E1F3RliZbBNUy5Mn2Yg~~0_12.JPG

Advertisement