Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Your system gives me 33. Weightwatchers gives me 44

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Baby75 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy think I will adapt this for dinner! I normally use make a dressing with balsamic vinegar and sweetchilli sauce a tiny bit of olive oil its yummy as well!

Had WI today was down 2 pounds! hoping to repeat that this week want to get my second silver 7 and first stone in the next few weeks

2lbs thats great! I'm trying to be good for next few days...regardless of WI....trying to damage control before few days in cape clear of eating out, snacking and drinks.

Food I'm bringing with me
    Skinny Mochas 2pp each
    Alpen Light Bars 2pp each
    Packets of instant cous cous (10pp per 100g dried)
    And have a bag of muffins in freezer 4pp each,
    Ryvita Sweet Onion
    Also bring Thermus mug + flask.

We're doing the whale watching in Baltimore on the way down, so will need a packed lunch for on the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Weigh in today was really not what I was expecting I lost 2.5 lbs can't understand how....I must have had more good then bad days I did not count at all so I may not have been as bad as I belived and my scales at home must be off . Plus I sent about 6 hours on saturday walking around the Zoo.......It gave me a great pep when I saw the scales so have tracker started and fingers crossed I will stay on track:)

better let GT know I hav'nt fallen of the plant just the waagon and am back with a vengence:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Minium for a woman is 29 and a man is 39pp

So the formula is very wrong

People please be carefull when posting and give correct information- I would hate for anyone to use that formula and put there body into starvation mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Can't make my own meeting today, any idea how it works going to another one? Am quite nervous! Can I stay for the meeting? Do I need to explain?

• Advertisement

Can't make my own meeting today, any idea how it works going to another one? Am quite nervous! Can I stay for the meeting? Do I need to explain?

Its the same give in your smart card and they have all your info.Of course you can stay they moved to the smart card to make it easier for people to move from class to class so they could fit WW into their lifestyle

Dont be nervous everyone there is like you looking for information and help sometimes a different class can be great because you may get some different info

Good luck and I hope all goes well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

aspie mum wrote: »
    Weigh in today was really not what I was expecting I lost 2.5 lbs can't understand how....I must have had more good then bad days I did not count at all so I may not have been as bad as I belived and my scales at home must be off . Plus I sent about 6 hours on saturday walking around the Zoo.......It gave me a great pep when I saw the scales so have tracker started and fingers crossed I will stay on track:)

better let GT know I hav'nt fallen of the plant just the waagon and am back with a vengence:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Glad you had good news & that you have your mojo back again. I'd say that subconsciously you're still following WW & making healthier choices, even when you're not putting in as much effort - your brain is still in WW thinking. I've found that on 2 separate holidays, when I didn't track, I still lost. Hope this theroy still works next month when we go away for 9 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Before this thread gets locked or merged with the main WW thread I want to point out that the minimum points a woman can have is 29men may be higher.

If I go by that formula I would only have 22pp which is incorrect. My allowance has & always has been 29. I'm posting this in case any lurkers are reading.

Oh dear! Well, I'm completely wrong then. I think I'll delete the post to save confusion. Sorry ALL!!! :eek:

Made a lovely low pp prawn stir fry & noodles for lunch today (total 6pp) as the plan was to go out for my tea. Was going to take the kids to Malin Head this evening (that's where my husband works) to meet up as he is finishing early this evening, go out for something to eat & then go to the beach afterwards for a walk. But, now it's raining. Don't know if I fancy driving all the way there & back now if I have no chance of getting out for a walk. And I'm sure there isn't a wide range of healthy menu options where we are going for tea either! Hopefully it's a passing shower & we'll get away - I love getting the kids out of the house during the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

fofany wrote: »
    Made a lovely low pp prawn stir fry & noodles for lunch today (total 6pp) as the plan was to go out for my tea. Was going to take the kids to Malin Head this evening (that's where my husband works) to meet up as he is finishing early this evening, go out for something to eat & then go to the beach afterwards for a walk. But, now it's raining. Don't know if I fancy driving all the way there & back now if I have no chance of getting out for a walk. And I'm sure there isn't a wide range of healthy menu options where we are going for tea either! Hopefully it's a passing shower & we'll get away - I love getting the kids out of the house during the holidays.

Hi Fofany,

Just wondering what type of noodles you use and how many points. WW leader last nite pointed the blue dragon ones as 9pp per portion!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Thanks Aspie, I feel a fraud of something, tis weird! Fingers crossed I won't be up much! Cos I feel I will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Fofany,

Just wondering what type of noodles you use and how many points. WW leader last nite pointed the blue dragon ones as 9pp per portion!!! :eek:

The Blue Dragon dry noodles that are portioned in a nest are 5PP each.
    These ones:
    http://www.bluedragon.com/products/noodles-wraps-coatings/medium-egg-noodle-nests.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Havent been on in a while nor been to my wi as of mad working hours in July...but am off Mon evening so am going to make an evening time meeting....I usually always go in morning time......will I be at my heaviest in the evening though?

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Fofany,

I use the Sharwoods ones. They are 6pp a nest. I cooked up loads of veg in spray oil (1pp), added the king prawns (4pp) & then the noodles (6pp) and some sweet chilli sauce (1pp). I only ate half of it & put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch. There were loads of veg in there, so it was a big plate of food & very filling.

What was meant earlier when someone said that the fruit was not free, it was pointed at zero...is that not essentially the same thing or am I missing something?

What was meant earlier when someone said that the fruit was not free, it was pointed at zero...is that not essentially the same thing or am I missing something?

zero foods are foods that have 0pp in a reasonable portion but if you eat it in huge excess eventually it will amount to a point value...

plenty of us have the calculators, so I'm sure any one of us would be happy to work out someones allowance for them :)

Ok so everything in moderation! Thanks for clarifying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

Well had my WI last night after a week of tracking EVERYTHING and didn't go over my allowance at all. Only down 0.5lb so not happy. Don't know what i've to do to get a decent weight lose, going to take me forever to get to my target.

Thing that kills me is that i feel like i've lost weight and people keep telling me i've lost weight just doesn't reflect on the scales! Only lost 3.5lbs to date:mad:

Any tips? Don't do alot of exercise as work is mental and with working late and travelling don't have time every week!

It was me who wrote that. My leader says it all the time. Basically you don't have to count it, but that doesn't mean you can have an unlimited amount of it either. Lainy's right - take it in moderation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

I use the Sharwoods ones. They are 6pp a nest. I cooked up loads of veg in spray oil (1pp), added the king prawns (4pp) & then the noodles (6pp) and some sweet chilli sauce (1pp). I only ate half of it & put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch. There were loads of veg in there, so it was a big plate of food & very filling.

Sounds lovely, must give it a shot. Getting fed up eating the same thing and only at this 3 weeks. lol. I LOVE sweet chilli sauce its yummy:D

I've only dropped kinda 1 and half sizes since starting ww...its made buying clothes like a million times better.

down 1 jean size...when i'm not bloated as hell i'm nearly down a 2nd jean size,
    And down 1 - 2 top sizes depending on the style...

I can actually order things from cataloge/online and be like 90% they'll be fine. where as before it was seriously hit or miss...

Just been packing for few days away next week....and i think its the first time in sooooooooooo soooooooo long where i actually have tonnes of choices on what to bring...where as before I had so so so few "nice" clothes...cos just didnt get the sizes....i'd actually struggle to fill a small suit case!

i think the fact i have a few things coming up...has really lifted my spirits. Starting obiedence classes with the puppy.....im an animal geek, i am actually excited about doing that!

Going to cape clear on monday - wednesday

have a friend coming over from manchester as soon as they can get leave from work, and also spending a couple of days up the country with my best mate before she moves away. We're having a girls week...starting wtih a trip to a chiapractor LOL prob going to be agony...but we're both terrible for hunching over laptop! and my back was KILLING Me in college! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Just had a lovely and really filling dinner, chicken and chorizo paella for 14 pps- let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Had WI tonight, another bloody 1.5 - I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but this is the third week in a row that I've only lost 1.5 after working my bum off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! AND, I thought that 11lbs was my 5%, and since my total now after a month is 11lbs, I was all happy that I'd gotten my 5%. Did it show up on the screen? Hell no. So it's obviously NOT my 5%. Even though that's what the book said it was.
    GAAAAHHHH!!!! Really, REALLY need to be vigilant with tracking this week, and next week will be the week before TOM so dreading it already. I dunno, I just can't see the optimism tonight, but sure tomorrow is a new day, will stick to my plans and points vigilantly. Rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    2lbs thats great! I'm trying to be good for next few days...regardless of WI....trying to damage control before few days in cape clear of eating out, snacking and drinks.

Food I'm bringing with me
    Skinny Mochas 2pp each
    Alpen Light Bars 2pp each
    Packets of instant cous cous (10pp per 100g dried)
    And have a bag of muffins in freezer 4pp each,
    Ryvita Sweet Onion
    Also bring Thermus mug + flask.

We're doing the whale watching in Baltimore on the way down, so will need a packed lunch for on the boat.

Thanks, Im hoping I do as well this week again!:)

whale watching brilliant love that! how are your sea legs! last time I was on a Ferry I was sea sick I think it was more to do with being 10 weeks pregnant though :D

Did you get the latest WW magazine they had good BBQ recipes that would be good for camping they had one for strawberry and banana kebabs and maple syrup with marshmallows I tried it on Sunday and it was yummy and very filling!

Baby75 wrote: »
    Thanks, Im hoping I do as well this week again!:)

whale watching brilliant love that! how are your sea legs! last time I was on a Ferry I was sea sick I think it was more to do with being 10 weeks pregnant though :D

Did you get the latest WW magazine they had good BBQ recipes that would be good for camping they had one for strawberry and banana kebabs and maple syrup with marshmallows I tried it on Sunday and it was yummy and very filling!

havent got it yet, we're only going for 2 nights, so chances are we'll just eat locally there. we're a big sailing family! cant wait for the whale watching :D

Tmeos wrote: »
    Just had a lovely and really filling dinner, chicken and chorizo paella - let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

yes please :D i have a voucher for a place in town that sells gormet chorizo and sausage! would love to use it but have no ww healthy recipes to use chorizo in :D

maoidh wrote: »
    Well had my WI last night after a week of tracking EVERYTHING and didn't go over my allowance at all. Only down 0.5lb so not happy. Don't know what i've to do to get a decent weight lose, going to take me forever to get to my target.

Thing that kills me is that i feel like i've lost weight and people keep telling me i've lost weight just doesn't reflect on the scales! Only lost 3.5lbs to date:mad:

Any tips? Don't do alot of exercise as work is mental and with working late and travelling don't have time every week!

Are you drinking water and eating weeklies both are necessary for programme to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am struggling to lose weight on my legs. It's coming off on my upper body but it just is shifting on my legs. And I feel like it never will. I do a good bit of exercise. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that problem and will I eventually get rid of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    yes please :D i have a voucher for a place in town that sells gormet chorizo and sausage! would love to use it but have no ww healthy recipes to use chorizo in :D
    Chorizo is not bad actually 30g is 3 points and you dont need that much because the flavor is so strong

Chicken & Chorizo Paella serves 2 14pp per portion -
    2 tablespoons oil
    120g Paella Rice (got mine in tesco)
    2 chicken breasts
    60g chorizo
    400ml chicken/veg stock
    1 onion diced
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 chopped red pepper
    1/2 courgette diced
    Handful of cherry tomatoes
    1 pack Paella seasoning (got this in tesco also in the speciality ingredients section but if you can't get it you could make your own with some sun dried tomato, paprika, chili powder and any other spices you think would go)

Heat the oil in a large pan and add the rice, then onion and garlic, then chorizo and chicken Fry for five minutes
    Add seasoning making sure it coats all the rice
    Then add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for five minutes.
    Add the remaining veg and simmer covered for a further 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is a good consistency.

Quick and easy and I was stuffed after it.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I am struggling to lose weight on my legs. It's coming off on my upper body but it just is shifting on my legs. And I feel like it never will. I do a good bit of exercise. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that problem and will I eventually get rid of it?

I was wondering the same. I have lost nearly 2 1/2 st now & nearly at my goal weight & my wellies are still very tight around my calves. I wore them to a festival recently and they became very uncomfortable after a while. I think I will always have chunky legs.

Just pointed my supper OUCH

Regular chips 9pp
    Mighty Mac 10pp plus extra for cheese and sauce 4pp(guess)

23 pp in total and I only had 10 left..........I knew it would be high but not that high

13weeklies gone on day one

I suppose the best thing is that I have tracked it and counted it:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

my leader told us that the m&s noodles r only 2points 4a nest of them.wil b picking them up 2mora

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI this eve and was delighted to be down 1 and 1/2 pounds and got my third silver seven, way hay!!! Was a bit worried as I normally attend a morning meeting so had thought I'd take a hit this eve.

Said I'd give this it's own topic, there's an article in the Rosemary Conlon Diet and Fitness mag that's out now on PCOS and weight loss, I know some people mentioned it earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

shannon82 wrote: »
    my leader told us that the m&s noodles r only 2points 4a nest of them.wil b picking them up 2mora

oh i'm really not sure that is correct. I think you better work it out when you get them, If it's the dried ones with about 5 in a pack i think i worked it out as 5 or 6 before. I'm not 100% sure though so just point them before you right it down as 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was wondering the same. I have lost nearly 2 1/2 st now & nearly at my goal weight & my wellies are still very tight around my calves. I wore them to a festival recently and they became very uncomfortable after a while. I think I will always have chunky legs.

I'm the same. I'd love to get a pair of Uggs but I don't think they fit my calves. I would be happy even if my thighs got slimmer then I could live with the calves. My dream is to wear a dress without leggings or tights. I've never not worn leggings or tights with a dress.

Well, the rain stopped earlier & I went to Malin Head. Went out for tea & ordered a plain burger (in a bun) with a side salad instead of the chips. The salad came with the dressing on the side, so everything was going well, until they brought me some extra chips as well - they thought they were being generous. And of course as they were sitting in front of me, I picked at them! Then we went to the beach & there are no beach. The tide was in & really high & the sand was completely covered, so no walk. The kids enjoying sliding down the sand dunes though! Looks like some other power was trying to sabotage my good intentions today.
    On a positive note though, the guys at my husbands work commented on how much weight I had lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

I've posted about this before but as ppl have mentioned them again just a warning the Medium Egg noodles are 2pp per nest dry (there's 4 in the packet) the fine ones are 6 or 7pp per nest so make sure you pick up the right packet & do point before you eat them just to check. I buy alot of my fruit, veg & dry goods in m&s & they've changed some of the packaging & sometimes this means a change in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Had WI this morning & I was down 1lb really happy with that & nice to see the scales moving in the right direction! & damn did I work hard for that lb!

Have a good weekend everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lemonpie

Hi all....does anyone know the correct propoints value for Chicken Cashew Nuts? I've seen it pointed as 15 but I've also seen it pointed at 9......I'm going for Thai for lunch and trying to pick the lowest point meal on the menu. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

lemonpie wrote: »
    Hi all....does anyone know the correct propoints value for Chicken Cashew Nuts? I've seen it pointed as 15 but I've also seen it pointed at 9......I'm going for Thai for lunch and trying to pick the lowest point meal on the menu. Thanks :)

Oh I love chicken with cashew nuts, it my favorite dish in chinese. Please let it only be 9 ppts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lemonpie

hotfire wrote: »
    Oh I love chicken with cashew nuts, it my favorite dish in chinese. Please let it only be 9 ppts!!!!

My fingers are tightly crossed it's only 9ppts too!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

lemonpie wrote: »
    My fingers are tightly crossed it's only 9ppts too!!!!

9PP sounds about right, if you factor in one large chicken breast (4PP) 30g of cashew nuts (3PP) and some stir fry oil (2PP). Maybe add a few extra PP on if you are worried. Don't forget to add the PP for rice or noodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Eabhabear wrote: »

What type of exercise do you do? Lunges are great for slimming your legs and you could add weights to do a more advanced lunge once you were comfortable doing a few sets.

Some of the weight machines in the gym are great for the leg too. I really find since beginning to do weights regularly I have slimmed down and a few inches. I never had a lot of weight to lose and I feel that by working out more I've changed my body shape and added a lot of definition.

If you're not into this type of exercise you could try stretching and pilates, both are good for toning all parts of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hi gals, i have only posted on this once before, a am a bit of a lurker, can anyone guesstimate how many propoints in a portion of chicken tenders from the chipper and half a bag of chips, got pissed last night and fell off the wagon!!!! Love the thread, promiose to contribute more regulary!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

brenmcp wrote: »
    Hi gals, i have only posted on this once before, a am a bit of a lurker, can anyone guesstimate how many propoints in a portion of chicken tenders from the chipper and half a bag of chips, got pissed last night and fell off the wagon!!!! Love the thread, promiose to contribute more regulary!!!!

Eddie Rockets Chicken Tenders are 8pp, Bag of chips depends on where you got them and what type of chips they were but going by the UK WW site, people allow around 14pp per 200g of chipper chips. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

aspie mum wrote: »
    Are you drinking water and eating weeklies both are necessary for programme to work

I don't use my full weekly allowance but i do drink loads of water, was always good with that.

Hopefully i'll see better result next week, fingers crossed!!

Haven't had a pizza in sooooo long, so gonna expend some of the weeklies this eve on a piece or two of Domino's pizza, some garlic bread and a large glass of red, yikes that'll probably acccount for all the weeklies - anyways was coming on here to tell ye Domino's have the nutritional info available for everything here - http://www.dominos.com/shared/base/pdf/dominos_nutrition_v2.30.00.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

:DThats what the weeklies are for Caros. Use them and enjoy. Im thinking I might indulge in Chicken with Cashew nuts saturday nite as a treat :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement