Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Jawgap wrote: »
    'twas me! Sighted after only a month in the gear! I was out for a "swifty fifty" before dinner!

The beep was spot on and it was nice to get the encourgement. Went as far as Kilmoon Cross then headed back the "lumpy" way over Alpe d'Bellewstown:)

Ah yes some nice little "lumps" in the road around Bellewstown alright, they're usually the roads i got out on for a quick spin, great to see a fellow boardsie around these parts, don't feel so lonely anymore :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Ooh la la! Une belle veloiste sans chauffe-bras sur une Bowerie tout pret de Bordeaux! ici? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

@Caroline_ie, was that you out for a jog about 6pm yesterday evening around Drumcondra area? If so are you some Triathalon training on the sly ;)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hungrycol wrote: »
    @ Caroline_ie, c'est que vous en faire un jogging au sujet 6pm hier soir autour de la zone Drumcondra? Si donc vous êtes certaine formation triathlon à la sauvette ;)!

No, I m in France this week - Try StudentC maybe?
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    Ooh la la! Une belle veloiste sans chauffe-Bras Sur une Bowerie tout pret de Bordeaux! ici? ;)

Fail - I am on my road bike atm

LOLOL -> The quotes are badly translated in French, my dad's PC has a very annoying automatic translation thingy that is driving me mad; I will leave it for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Boardsie just off the rock road this morning between the Punch bowl and Tara towers. Off the bike and motorist taking your details ? Did I just miss a bit of excitement ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Boardsie just off the rock road this morning between the Punch bowl and Tara towers. Off the bike and motorist taking your details ? Did I just miss a bit of excitement ??
    That would be me and yes. I was in the cycle/bus lane a bit behind a Beamer who was signalling left to go into a side street. He turned left, then swung around in a u-turn and headed straight back out into the cycle/bus lane without looking/signalling. I hit the brakes so had scrubbed a lot of speed, but still hit the car and came off*. The driver in fairness to him was reasonable about it and admitted he was at fault and would pay for any damages.

*Is it wrong that as soon as it happened and the driver/passers by were asking me was I ok, that I was thinking 'Nevermind me, what about the bike?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Blowfish wrote: »
    *Is it wrong that as soon as it happened and the driver/passers by were asking me was I ok, that I was thinking 'Nevermind me, what about the bike?'

Possibly but I do the same thing! I got a nasty old hit from a car about a year ago and while I was lying on the road all I could think of was if my bike was going to be ok! It was thank god but I can't say the same for my rickety hip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Spotted one last Saturday morning at 9.30 ish, was heading up mespil road and he turned left onto sussex terrace on a Focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

cosmic wrote: »
    Possibly but I do the same thing! I got a nasty old hit from a car about a year ago and while I was lying on the road all I could think of was if my bike was going to be ok! It was thank god but I can't say the same for my rickety hip!

something that bothers me fairly constantly is how would I get the bike home if I spill and get carted off in an ambulance? I have visions of demanding the bike comes with me.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

something that bothers me fairly constantly is how would I get the bike home if I spill and get carted off in an ambulance? I have visions of demanding the bike comes with me.......

Me too! Before I could do anything I phoned my other half and got him to come and get my bike. Only then could I think about going to the hospital :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Spotted this morning at the lights in the ifsc at jurys heading into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sumone

The one time I had to get taken off in an ambulance I didn't want to leave the bike but for someone reason they wouldn't let me take it along:confused:. The guys in the ambulance did go back afterwards and bring the bike to the nearest garda station which was really good of them. Not that someone was going to cycle away on it, needed new forks and front wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Saw someone in Boards shorts cycling through Rathfarnham at about 6:15 this evening.
    He was cycling on the footpath. Tut tut.
    I thought the unwritten rule was to only break the law in your Aldi/Lidl cycling gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Spotted this morning at the lights in the ifsc at jurys heading into town.
    If it was along the quay's waiting to turn right at Jury's, it was probably me again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

my first boards jersey sighting! junction of upper merrion st and baggot st at half 12 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,511 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just leave your boards jersey wrapped around it. If one of us come across it, we'll pick it up and look after it for you:)

Someone at the scene of my accident very kindly took my bike to his house. I cannot remember anything about it, but when I was in hospital one of the ambulancemen mentioned the details of the guy were on a piece of paper in my bag. He even called the hospital to check how I was.
    Needless to say I was very thankful for his kind help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

abcdggs wrote: »
    my first boards jersey sighting! junction of upper merrion st and baggot st at half 12 last night.

Finally! Was he wearing a beige hat, 3/4 length shorts and had a dark bike with rear rack?

it was half twelve on a friday night i'm surprised i was still able to see... but yeah sounds about right. would have honked but not sure the taxi driver would have understood.

it was half twelve on a friday night i'm surprised i was still able to see... but yeah sounds about right. would have honked but not sure the taxi driver would have understood.

I'm just glad I was spotted, it's taken a long time. Bloody freezing last night too, and my rear light failed on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Just saw one, Nagor Road, heading towards Clondalkin at 15:20 today (sunday)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm just glad I was spotted, it's taken a long time.
    So our encounter on the Stillorgan dual carriageway a couple of months ago meant nothing to you? Waaa-aaaa-aaaa!
    /dismantles shrine

BeerNut wrote: »
    So our encounter on the Stillorgan dual carriageway a couple of months ago meant nothing to you? Waaa-aaaa-aaaa!
    /dismantles shrine

I was going to PM you about your lack of a post, I was really getting worked up about it.

You may rebuild the shrine!

Quint wrote: »
    Just saw one, Nagor Road, heading towards Clondalkin at 15:20 today (sunday)
    That sounds like me. were you in a red jacket heading toward newcastle? Dirk i gotta laugh, i was out for the first time today in my boards jersey and i'm pretty sure i was spotted twice.

That sounds like me. were you in a red jacket heading toward newcastle? Dirk i gotta laugh, i was out for the first time today in my boards jersey and i'm pretty sure i was spotted twice.

I was in a car. You passed us a few times at the various traffic lights. Was my first boards jersey, they actually look decent. Yours was wedged with water bottles!

Quint wrote: »
    I was in a car. You passed us a few times at the various traffic lights. Was my first boards jersey, they actually look decent. Yours was wedged with water bottles!
    Ah yes that was very definitely me, have yet to put bottle holders on the bike. i saw my first on last night. was very exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

This evening at 4.10pm on the Nangor road near Grange Castle. You were heading towards Clondalkin, I was Celbridge bound. Only noticed the jersey as we passed, so shouted "Hi Boardsie" over my right shoulder.

jimm wrote: »
    This evening at 4.10pm on the Nangor road near Grange Castle. You were heading towards Clondalkin, I was Celbridge bound. Only noticed the jersey as we passed, so shouted "Hi Boardsie" over my right shoulder.
    that was me, sorry i didnt reply. by the time i had realised why you were shouting at me it was too late to reply, lol

Just read the previous page after I had posted and saw this. Yeah that was me in the red jacket. Odd that Quint spotted you at 3.20 and I passed you at 4.10 on the same road :confused:. Pretty sure I have the time correct.

Just read the previous page after I had posted and saw this. Yeah that was me in the red jacket. Odd that Quint spotted you at 3.20 and I passed you at 4.10 on the same road :confused:. Pretty sure I have the time correct.
    yeah i live in town but had to drop out to celbridge to pick up some post from the home place so quint probably saw on the way to pick up the post and you on my way home.

yeah i live in town but had to drop out to celbridge to pick up some post from the home place so quint probably saw on the way to pick up the post and you on my way home.

Cool, confusion sorted. No need to get CSI involved now!! :)

• Advertisement

Cool, confusion sorted. No need to get CSI involved now!! :)
    They've already taken swabs and have been sent to the lab... lol

Pretty soon we'll be able to track abcdggs entire movements across town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Nearly forgot a sighting this morning - turning off O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay this morning, 08.25/08.30. Pulled up just ahead of me at a red light there. I was going to say hello when they overtook me on Eden Quay... but it never happened. Someone on a go-slow day, considering I was on my crappy old commuting bike? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

buffalo wrote: »
    Nearly forgot a sighting this morning - turning off O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay this morning, 08.25/08.30. Pulled up just ahead of me at a red light there. I was going to say hello when they overtook me on Eden Quay... but it never happened. Someone on a go-slow day, considering I was on my crappy old commuting bike? :D
    Ah that was you? Yeah on a Monday morning go-slow. You took off like a rocket and I was far too lazy for that. I was considering giving chase, but then the lights went red. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

seamus wrote: »
    Ah that was you? Yeah on a Monday morning go-slow. You took off like a rocket and I was far too lazy for that. I was considering giving chase, but then the lights went red. :)

My road bike is still out of service (got around to starting repairs last night), but I was hoping for at least something resembling a race! :) Next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Not strictly speaking a Boards Jersey Sighting cos I haven't got around to getting one yet (decided to get one last time round but had missed the deadline by a few days!), but there I was, stopped at the lights around High Street/Vicar Street and I hears a loud whistle. There's Unionman waving at me from across the road! I waved and pointed back at his Boards Shorts (cos I couldn't see his jersey), so hopefully he didn't think I was pointing in some kind of rude fashion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I was only sure it was you once I spotted the Cayo. Good to see you!
    Not strictly speaking a Boards Jersey Sighting cos I haven't got around to getting one yet (decided to get one last time round but had missed the deadline by a few days!), but there I was, stopped at the lights around High Street/Vicar Street and I hears a loud whistle. There's Unionman waving at me from across the road! I waved and pointed back at his Boards Shorts (cos I couldn't see his jersey), so hopefully he didn't think I was pointing in some kind of rude fashion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

unionman wrote: »

Get a room, you two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

unionman wrote: »
    Indeed....good to see you too!
    Raam wrote: »
    Get a room, you two!
    I'd say we'd have room so you could probably join us. You're only a skinny yoke after all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Does meeting a boardsie count?

A certain newly-wed on a red specialized whizzed by on the Clontarf cycle path this evening. I gave chase and caught him courtesy of the red lights at the Bull Island causeway. Nice to meet somebody for a change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Does meeting a boardsie count?

A certain newly-wed on a red specialized whizzed by on the Clontarf cycle path this evening. I gave chase and caught him courtesy of the red lights at the Bull Island causeway. Nice to meet somebody for a change...

Cyclist stops at redlight shocker! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Since I cant find the Spotted in a Boards jersey thread I will start a new thread.
    This afternoon.3.30pm. Wearing a large goatee. Between Ballyboughal and Lusk @ Ballough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

bcmf wrote: »
    Since I cant find the Spotted in a Boards jersey thread I will start a new thread.
    This afternoon.3.30pm. Wearing a large goatee. Between Ballyboughal and Lusk @ Ballough

its 2009 not to many going to hold there hands up for that , could have been heading to a fancie dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭rflynnr

I have to think this was me. First time out on the road bike in AGES. And what a fantastic day for a spin: summer-like weather.

I do take issue with the goatee though: I think you'll find it's the full beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

you did seem to have a wide smile or was it a grimace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭rflynnr

you did seem to have a wide smile or was it a grimace...

I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of guy so it must have been a smile. Yes, must have been...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yesterday evening, around six, at Leonard's Corner heading south. Not rogerb for once, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yesterday evening, around six, at Leonard's Corner heading south. Not rogerb for once, I think.
    Moi. I always get confused when people say "heading south". In my head, when you're going towards the mountains you're going "up" and therefore "north". I don't have a problem with directions in general, just that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hi Folks,

Didn't know these existed, they look so cool. I want one, I want one now!!

How do I get one, have looked through about 20 pages of bromance here and can't find any info.

Who do i have to blow!!;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Didn't know these existed, they look so cool. I want one, I want one now!!

How do I get one, have looked through about 20 pages of bromance here and can't find any info.

Who do i have to blow!!;)

Orders are done periodically. Basically someone volunteers to do an order, puts a thread up and then sends off an order when enough people put themselves down for it to make it worthwhile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement