Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

vectra wrote: »

Is that not just a re stickered M8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No idea.
    I am a bit clueless when it comes to these boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yep.

Look for the 2gb version, great box and has h265 playback.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Look for the 2gb version, great box and has h265 playback.

God Dammit.. LOL
    I missed that again Ha.. :pac:

Anyone else's XBMC gone belly up? I'm getting booted out every minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Happened to me. so I fired up tvmc then went back to xbmc and she's working fine now.
    Must be an updated add-on that's causing it.

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Happened to me. so I fired up tvmc then went back to xbmc and she's working fine now.
    Must be an updated add-on that's causing it.

Istream, updated now but took ages to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

It froze before once selected in apps couple of times, unplugged at wall sorted it.

More is freezing inside Navi, it seems to prevent me from leaving it again. Anyone else finding this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Istream, updated now but took ages to go through.

Anyone using version 14 yet? I tried it yesterday but it was on the dodgy box, thought it was XBMC been crap....but it turns out it was the box

Is it any good? version 14 I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

More is freezing inside Navi, it seems to prevent me from leaving it again. Anyone else finding this?

Do you have any Xunity addons?

I just bought the Pipo X7. It's not Android (as title of thread), but Windows 8.1
    32GB Storage, 2GB RAM, Intel Baytrail (Z3736F) CPU, and Intel HD (GPU).

It's on Geekbuying for €80.97, Gearbest for €82.11 but I bought mine from Aliexpress for €120 fast shipping from Pipo Flagship store.

I actually went looking for a decent price for this (< €150)and got sidetracked.. I hope I don't regret that.

Allyall wrote: »
    I just bought the Pipo X7. It's not Android (as title of thread), but Windows 8.1

It's on Geekbuying for €80.97, Gearbest for €82.11 but I bought mine from Aliexpress for €120 fast shipping from Pipo Flagship store.

I actually went looking for a decent price for this (< €150)and got sidetracked.. I hope I don't regret that.

Looks good, must try the guy I know in Gearbest to see if he does a coed for it. I guess this will run the standard OpenELEC without any issues?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Looks good, must try the guy I know in Gearbest to see if he does a coed for it. I guess this will run the standard OpenELEC without any issues?

I'd say so.
    I just had a quick look on Freaktab, claims it does. Although there is a persistent poster there that keeps asking for a video.

Even if it doesn't now, I doubt it will be long before it does.

Quick google, not much off

Coupon code: PX7CN

Coupon price: $95.98

Expire date: February 28th.

how about here.
    MiniPC Windows 8 Pipo X7 € 74.42
    -15% with the code (PROMO) "2015"
    or -10% with the code (PROMO) "NY2015"
    Insurance + shipping cost - € 10
    so total all inclusive - of € 75
    Unfortunately, the site is in Spanish but there Google translation

http://www.igogo.es/product316749.html

Anyone using version 14 yet? I tried it yesterday but it was on the dodgy box, thought it was XBMC been crap....but it turns out it was the box

Is it any good? version 14 I mean

I have Helix Rc1 on Open Elec by Codesnake, few glitches but for a normal user like me I find little difference but I'm streaming film and TV in 1080 a lot better and little or no buffering.

That's likely to be Open Elec using my fibre in a more efficient way.

• Advertisement

That was the root of the problem,faulty update. In use it for one add on plus 3/4 Playlists other than that I'd get rid of it.

how about here.

Nice find, but do I really need to buy another box :D:D:D:D:D

My wife will say no but it is all down to a throw of the dice:p

That was the root of the problem,faulty update. In use it for one add on plus 3/4 Playlists other than that I'd get rid of it.

I think there is issues with there servers, I tried to do a rebuilt earlier and it is taking ages to download....look like the servers are getting hammered....

Also new version of Cartoon HD out there.....

Nice find, but do I really need to buy another box :D:D:D:D:D

My wife will say no but it is all down to a throw of the dice:p

Mine will say no straight up...no point asking, wrong side of Xmas.. Bills bills more bills....

But I want....

I think there is issues with there servers, I tried to do a rebuilt earlier and it is taking ages to download....look like the servers are getting hammered....

Also new version of Cartoon HD out there.....

All ok now I think, force refresh the repo I think. It was mental tbh, my box went into reboot every 45 secs or so. I was glad I knew a little plus having a half decent twitter list of Dev's to check on for updates or info helps.

how about here.

I made the mistake of thinking .es meant the site was in spain so no customs, read the small print and coming from China as well so customs....about 2 euro cheaper than Gearbest with expeidated shipping, cant deal with slow boat anymore:):)

I made the mistake of thinking .es meant the site was in spain so no customs, read the small print and coming from China as well so customs....about 2 euro cheaper than Gearbest with expeidated shipping, cant deal with slow boat anymore:):)

There are tons of those sites that target specific Countries, so you think they are in that Country. Germany and France seem to have the most. Can't think of them off top of my head though.

I may have pulled the trigger a bit too quickly, but I was getting a headache looking for the Zotac Pico for less than €150, and I thought I was finished. If I had just taken a break I could've saved myself ~ €40.. Ah well... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did you manage to order that one? I'm having difficulty getting it to deliver to Ireland

Did you manage to order that one? I'm having difficulty getting it to deliver to Ireland

Parcel motel?

• Advertisement

I was thinking Parcel Motel.
    I have not ordered yet
    Still not 100% decided.

Did someone mention earlier that there XBMC kodi kept crashing. Mikey 1234 has a fix in the xfinity repos!

Did someone mention earlier that there XBMC kodi kept crashing. Mikey 1234 has a fix in the xfinity repos!

It's their addons causing it..

Sounds like a special box alright as you put it but I would try the Just me and then one of OE or Linux.

If none work then its goosed as it could be a clone, a bad one.

Is the XBMC with the ROM causing problems?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw--cBwO_fI

this is the exact box I got from friend, same box it came in as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw--cBwO_fI

this is the exact box I got from friend, same box it came in as well

Mine looks the sake tbh. Flash back to factory and try again with ROMS.

The box i had issues with was a Keedox one which was locked down by them. Finless from XDA/Freetab had to do a custom ROM solely for this particular M8.

Mine looks the sake tbh. Flash back to factory and try again with ROMS.

The box i had issues with was a Keedox one which was locked down by them. Finless from XDA/Freetab had to do a custom ROM solely for this particular M8.

I read on Facebook that the standard xbmc won't work on this? There is specific version?

I put on media man firmware, loaded it up with standalone app and put back in box

Xbmc work but with only audio half the time, aby of the fixes I try make it worse so sick of it and leaving as is now

• Advertisement

Can be a frustrating box, fortunately ingot no audio problems so never tried any fixes but they do work by all accounts.

Oman's 13.1 apk works or XBMC built into a ROM work best, the downloaded offical ones have glitches on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Same happening us since yesterday. Dunno if its anything to do with it but Shows a message saying entertainment hub update failed down the bottom right hand corner when you go into xbmc and then boots you back to the home screen.

Not really tech savvy but is there an easy fix for this?

Probably should mention its a Minix Neo X8 we have

Same happening us since yesterday. Dunno if its anything to do with it but Shows a message saying entertainment hub update failed down the bottom right hand corner when you go into xbmc and then boots you back to the home screen.

If you have any xunity addons, remove them. If you think you want any back, reinstall them one by one to see if you can find if any one in particular is causing the problem (I think i read it's iStream).
    Also as mentioned above by michael999999, apparently xfinity/xunity have released a patch to stop their addons crashing xbmc.

Which version of XBMC you running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

My minix Xbmc is working perfect, been using it all morning and using a xunity add on to watch the football., I'm on Minix v2a firmware by the way.

• Advertisement

Attached a screenshot to fix the Xunity problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭MickH503

So to ask the OP question from a year ago again now ... nowadays what is the best recommendation for one of these boxes? Is it all about Android boxes or are there other options? The MX III seems to be very popular now???

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Attached a screenshot to fix the Xunity problems

Its not letting me in xbmc long enough to do this, I can get as far as add ons and then get booted. Its version 13.1 we have

Its not letting me in xbmc long enough to do this, I can get as far as add ons and then get booted. Its version 13.1 we have

The best fix is to do a fresh install and not use any of their addons.
    But if you want to use them, I guess the best thing is to do a fresh install anyway.

The best fix is to do a fresh install and not use any of their addons.
    But if you want to use them, I guess the best thing is to do a fresh install anyway.

Whats the best installer?

Yourself.

I found totalxbmc installer recently to be handy, google it

But to do everything it is a personal job

or give me a few quid and I will do it:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Ordered the mxiii 2gb on 5th December. Got letter from revenue today.
    The cheek of the €7 handling fee, sure lads I didn't want ye to touch it at all.

This is my 1st box, also have a new qnap server and 2 wd red 2tb drives on the way too to completely get a decent home media setup.

As it's my 1st box am I best off staying with the android that cones on it or just jumping straight to open elec or something. My current setup is pc with plex server and plex app on samsung 6 series tv.
    Will the box remove the need for plex cause I was planning on putting the plex server on the qnap.

Any thoughts lads?

gerire wrote: »
    Ordered the mxiii 2gb on 5th December. Got letter from revenue today.
    The cheek of the €7 handling fee, sure lads I didn't want ye to touch it at all.

This is my 1st box, also have a new qnap server and 2 wd red 2tb drives on the way too to completely get a decent home media setup.

As it's my 1st box am I best off staying with the android that cones on it or just jumping straight to open elec or something. My current setup is pc with plex server and plex app on samsung 6 series tv.
    Will the box remove the need for plex cause I was planning on putting the plex server on the qnap.

Any thoughts lads?

If you're going to that length, probably better without Android, as it's not the most stable at the best of times. I haven't used plex in a long time, so I don't know what the Android version is like. But there is Plexbmc to connect to your Plex server if you want inside Openelec.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi I'm interested in buying one of these boxes and also wondering which is the best one to look at buying and where to buy it, would like to get it as quick as possible so willing to pay a little bit extra

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement