Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ep III verdicts...?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

just to your comments waltons, I was kinda thinking that Palpatine was faking the whole thing with Windu to try to get Anakin to turn on him, also I was discussing the whole thing about Anakins turn to the dark side, I think people are focusing too much on a 'plausable' motive.
    What I mean is that this is the force, there may not need to be such a logical motive to turn, maybe its just his anger and such, besides the whole pademe theme would surely be enough to get him angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

A hell of alot of things bugged me about this film, not in the mood for posting them all but here's one.

Padme was turned into a complete and utter pathetic human being. Previously a strong leader.

The woman has "lost the will to live" when she is about to give birth to twins (or she knew there'd be at least one baby) - what the FORK..? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

nadir wrote:
    just to your comments waltons, I was kinda thinking that Palpatine was faking the whole thing with Windu to try to get Anakin to turn on him, also I was discussing the whole thing about Anakins turn to the dark side, I think people are focusing too much on a 'plausable' motive.
    What I mean is that this is the force, there may not need to be such a logical motive to turn, maybe its just his anger and such, besides the whole pademe theme would surely be enough to get him angry.
    I'd been thinking about that too and it's a fair point. I would definitely agree that while Palpatine was 'trying' to use the lightning on Windu and claiming that he's very weak he was testing Anakin and trying to get him to turn (as shown by the very powerful blast of lightning he uses after Anakin attacks Windu), but it was still kinda crappy (even from the point of view of wanting to see a good fight) how easily he defeated the Jedi with Windu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

soma wrote:
    Padme was turned into a complete and utter pathetic human being. Previously a strong leader.:confused:

This really bugged me too. Its the equivalent of Leia just giving up after Han is encased in Carbonite.

Completely implausible imo. She at least could have died from some wierd unexplained result of Anakin using the force throttle on her. Or fell over and suffered brain damage so her body survives long enough to give birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Lets not forget that Windu is supposed to be the most bad-ass swordsman of all the Jedi (after Yoda of course).

• Advertisement
Advertisement