Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

Thanks op.

I'm seriously considering replacing my iPhone 4s with this. I find the 4s to be a grand size to fit in the pocket and hold/use with one hand. Am I mad to go up in size to this ?

Any ideas as to how long delivery takes ?
    I saw somewhere that it was up to a month before.

Cheers .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have z3 compact which I really like but it overheated and the rare glass cracked. I need to send it away to my insurance company when I get back to Ireland and I'll be without a phone for about 10 business days while it's repaired. I'm considering just getting this and selling the Z3 Compact when it comes back from being repaired.

Anyone think I'm mad? Z3 gets slightly higher reviews and has a ridiculously good battery but I'm really annoyed with the screen cracking.
    It got so hot the screen cracked? What happened?

both phones get great reviews tbh, I do like the look of the Sony ones but would never spend that much on a phone, if I could get a price of a Oneplus plus a nice chunk of profit from selling the Z3 thats what I would do personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Thargor wrote: »
    It got so hot the screen cracked? What happened?

both phones get great reviews tbh, I do like the look of the Sony ones but would never spend that much on a phone, if I could get a price of a Oneplus plus a nice chunk of profit from selling the Z3 thats what I would do personally.

Just plugged it in to charge, came back two hours later, gave it a rub before putting into the case I use and noticed a crach in the top right of the rear glass. googled it and its pretty common, most common cause seems to be leaving the torch on which is possibly what I did but I don't remember turning it off at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

According to the features page, 4G works on 3 and EE in this country!
    Didn't know we had EE in Ireland :D

https://oneplus.net/ie/one#features

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

If only i had bigger hands and bigger pockets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

@bmm I'm wondering myself if pocket size will be an issue with this one !

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Ordered mine, damn you Bargain Alerts. It will be a nice upgrade from the Landvo L200G. A cracked screen is my excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone know when we can expect shipping?
    I saw 4 business days on the order email earlier, but will it take that long?
    I'm too impatient for my own good haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rainbowmoose

Anyone know if VAT can be claimed back for a business purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know if VAT can be claimed back for a business purchase?

Can't see why not. You get an invoice and as far as I remember it had a Vat number on it. Now that there selling in Ireland I'm sure they will have an Irish Vat number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

not that I know of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Does Irish consumer law apply to purchases from them now? i.e could I take them to Small Claims court if they were being difficult about a repair etc.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Does Irish consumer law apply to purchases from them now? i.e could I take them to Small Claims court if they were being difficult about a repair etc.

Most people who've had a problem have had very few complaints.
    And most who complained, complained about the hassle of sending the OnePlus back to the UK to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Most people who've had a problem have had very few complaints.
    And most who complained, complained about the hassle of sending the OnePlus back to the UK to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.

Ok, but does Irish law now apply to them, as they are selling in Ireland?

Ok, but does Irish law now apply to them, as they are selling in Ireland?

I assume it would. But why are you asking this now before you've even bought the phone ? Don't be expecting the worse :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I assume it would. But why are you asking this now before you've even bought the phone ? Don't be expecting the worse :)

I'm a worrier :D

When its this amount of cash, I'm always wary.

The non-expandable storage is the only thing putting me off. I love my 64GB MicroSD card!

I'm a worrier :D

When its this amount of cash, I'm always wary.

The non-expandable storage is the only thing putting me off. I love my 64GB MicroSD card!

I have the phone about 6 months now and it's never missed a beat. I've had an iphone 4s, an HTC M7 and a Samsung Note 3 before the One Plus and for the money this costs it easily beats all the above.
    You hardly need 128gb of space on a phone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you can wait a couple of months more, don't buy this phone. The oneplus 2 will be announced at the start of april. Then you just need to get an invite to buy it. getting an invite will take about 4-5 months i think unless you are extremely lucky
    I'm holding out for this too, hoping it is around the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just picked up one, presume next week or thereabouts for deliveries? Cheers OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Was actually going to upgrade this week since my contract is out. You'd hardly think meteor would order this in it I paid them part? Otherwise HTC one M8 will have to do.

• Advertisement

Eazzah wrote: »
    Was actually going to upgrade this week since my contract is out. You'd hardly think meteor would order this in it I paid them part? Otherwise HTC one M8 will have to do.

No chance of Meteor getting it I'm afraid.

Wait a week or two, the HTC One M9 is released in the next few days as far as I know.

No chance of Meteor getting it I'm afraid.

Wait a week or two, the HTC One M9 is released in the next few days as far as I know.

I'm not that interested in it tbh. I only have 150 to spend since I'm a student and my current phone isn't in the best.

Eazzah wrote: »
    I'm not that interested in it tbh. I only have 150 to spend since I'm a student and my current phone isn't in the best.

The One M9 will be in and around the same price as the M8 is now. It's a direct replacement. You can get it however you were planning on getting the M8 surely?

As for being a student, that's a "bingo" on the credit check list for eircom/meteor and the other mobile companies, if you say you're a student and living at home they assume you have no outgoings and you get approved pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

Both models out of stock already.

I just ordered 64gb an hour ago. Try again.

The One M9 will be in and around the same price as the M8 is now. It's a direct replacement. You can get it however you were planning on getting the M8 surely?

As for being a student, that's a "bingo" on the credit check list for eircom/meteor and the other mobile companies, if you say you're a student and living at home they assume you have no outgoings and you get approved pretty quickly.

The bill is in my dad's name. He uses a builders phone and doesn't want a new one so he said I could buy a phone out of my own money when his contract allows. I might do as someone else said and sell it on brand new. Good few of the friends 18ths this month so some extra money would be nice :)

I'm assuming these are shipped from Europe yes?

Shipped from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Oh good price! and into Ireland too? win win! Yes I already have one and got one for the wife too but damn that's still a very good price for a kicking phone... almost want to buy another!!

What about shipping to parcel motel?

No need, they ship to Ireland now €319 Inc postage, if you buy from UK using Parcel motel it will cost about €390.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iron Man 2.0

Whats the deal about the OnePlus One? Is it that much better than the other phones. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 mini.

• Advertisement

I noticed on my order it says EU charger, surely that should be a UK charger.

Advertisement