Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day sales; can you be arsed?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

fyp ;)

Business leaders in the retail sector have more power now than the church these days!
    Glad to see the church lose power. but sad to see the business leaders gain so much!
    Consumerism the new religion of the the great unwashed!
    The church loosing power how are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Popped into town yesterday afternoon with my mum and sister for a quick wander around, mainly to get out of the house and away from my three kids for a few hours! My sister was after a particular coat in a high street shop. The shop was practically empty and they had the coat she wanted, reduced by €130 - result!

We then decided to head into Brown Thomas as I wanted to look at perfume. Big mistake! I've never seen anything like it. Crazed looking people everywhere. Parents dragging miserable looking kids around and getting in the way of others by blocking aisles with their buggies. The designer bag section was the worst. There seemed to be queues within the shop for particular bags and what struck me most was the huge amount of Asian people in the queues for the bags.

So there you go, a rather boring anecdote about the sales!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aye there generally seems to be a fairly disproportional amount of Asian shoppers getting in early since the practice of opening on the 26th started. I guess it stands to reason seeing as they generally don't seem to celebrate Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Common occurrence with the Asians, where theres a sale theres an Asian as the saying goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Their self worth and status in their own society is based on the brands they own. It's a pathetic by product of their late arrival to capitalism.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're all just jealous asians are better than you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Old Chinese proverb say "he who shops first gets the handbag"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

kneemos wrote: »
    Old Chinese proverb say "he who shops first gets the handbag"

As Old Irish proverb say "Why would he want a handbag in the first place though?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

wazky wrote: »
    As Old Irish proverb say "Why would he want a handbag in the first place though?"

Anybody shipping it home to be copied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RahenyD5

All the Chinese tourists travelling thousands of miles to London & Dublin for the sales to buy luxury branded goods then to take them back home to find "Made in China" labels on closer inspection - Daft!

Wouldn't these expensive goods be cheaper down their local mall?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

RahenyD5 wrote: »
    All the Chinese tourists travelling thousands of miles to London & Dublin for the sales to buy luxury branded goods then to take them back home to find "Made in China" labels on closer inspection - Daft!

Wouldn't these expensive goods be cheaper down their local mall?

They most likely live here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Agricola wrote: »
    To paraphrase Fr. Jack, "Feck off shops"

And to quote all the Dads being dragged into Grafton Street over the past few days;

"Drink! Someone, please, give me a drink!"

Advertisement