Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo Coffee Machine €60

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

TheBazman wrote: »
    Hi folks

Bought a Tassimo today (T43) and set it up following the instructions. Only problem is that it isnt heating the water. All I am getting is ice cold coffee. I cant see what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Is it cold or warm?. Mother in law has a Tassimo and it just does warm coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Is it cold or warm?. Mother in law has a Tassimo and it just does warm coffee.

The coffee is completely cold, and no steam in the brewing process. Looked at a few youtube videos and dont appear to be doing anything wrong. When I take the pods out they are pierced in two places but still seem to have contents left in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The coffee is completely cold, and no steam in the brewing process. Looked at a few youtube videos and dont appear to be doing anything wrong. When I take the pods out they are pierced in two places but still seem to have contents left in them.

I'd bring it back. Got the mother in laws one replaced, but the new one is roughly the same.

Mentioned this in another shop and was told the Tassimos are a bit colder than Dolce Gusto or Nespresso due to inferior bar pressure.

Edit - Can you actually hear it working?

I'd bring it back. Got the mother in laws one replaced, but the new one is roughly the same.

Mentioned this in another shop and was told the Tassimos are a bit colder than Dolce Gusto or Nespresso due to inferior bar pressure.

Edit - Can you actually hear it working?

Cheers I probably will bring it back. Yeah I can hear it working exactly like it should (and like the reviews on youtube) except there is no steam and no hot water. Even when you run the service disk through (which you do 4 times at the start) there is not steam and no hot water which according to the youtube review there should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Sounds like you got a dodgy one. They're so simple to work that it's highly unlikely to be user error. There should be a decent burst of steam during brewing. It definitely needs to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi folks

Bought a Tassimo today (T43) and set it up following the instructions. Only problem is that it isnt heating the water. All I am getting is ice cold coffee. I cant see what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Bring it back and get another. heating element or thermostat is not working.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Bring it back and get another. heating element or thermostat is not working.

Returned it yesterday no hassle. New one working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Ok so bought the t20 in argos,can't find the pods anywhere but,i.ve tried 3 dunnes a tesco,Harvey Norman and they all have none,did only had a caramel latte one,any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ok so bought the t20 in argos,can't find the pods anywhere but,i.ve tried 3 dunnes a tesco,Harvey Norman and they all have none,did only had a caramel latte one,any ideas?

Ya they seem to be out of stock nearly everywhere at the moment and there is a huge delay with orders from the tassimo website. Herself got them in Currys yesterday, only place that had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Tesco have just sold out because of the discount and Christmas. I stocked up with 5 packs, and I'm sure others did too. Currys have them, but at a premium (€5.99 and €6.99)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Tesco will have them back in stock in the next fortnight. I was surprised to see no trace of them on the shelf in my local tesco and got on to the customer care line. They advised that they had a disruption in the supply chain and I can expect them back in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

maynooth tesco had costa latte, costa americano and carte noire caramel latte yesterday early morning (the caramel latte is really nice)
    also seen a few costa latte and americano in clondalkin dunnes yesterday

TheBoffin wrote: »
    Tesco will have them back in stock in the next fortnight. I was surprised to see no trace of them on the shelf in my local tesco and got on to the customer care line. They advised that they had a disruption in the supply chain and I can expect them back in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,i.l just have to hang on so

Cheers,i.l just have to hang on so

Amazon might be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

tesco clearwater had most of those for 5.99 - 6.99, came home and ordered from Amazon. Got 5 packs of 16 for 15stg, will be delivered by the end of this week.

daytob wrote: »
    tesco clearwater had most of those for 5.99 - 6.99, came home and ordered from Amazon. Got 5 packs of 16 for 15stg, will be delivered by the end of this week.

What type did you order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Tesco Clearwater had a good few yesterday. Picked up the machine itself in Argos, but my wife isn't too impressed with the lattes. I think we'll be changing to a milk-based machine rather than water+tabs.

If anyone missed out on this deal I have it for 53 in or near the Santry area, as new with receipts. I liked the coffee myself, but should have consulted better before jumping at the bargain! Have 6 latte caramel machiatto tabs (with 6 espresso tabs, for some reason I didn't quite get) so 55 for the lot? Have cleaned and emptied it but I dont know if argos will entertain an attempt to return it...

passive wrote: »
    Have 6 latte caramel machiatto tabs (with 6 espresso tabs, for some reason I didn't quite get)

Are you sure you're making the drinks correctly? The caramel macchiato is a two pod drink. You put the milk pod through the machine first and then the espresso pod. Otherwise there's no actual coffee in the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Are you sure you're making the drinks correctly? The caramel macchiato is a two pod drink. You put the milk pod through the machine first and then the espresso pod. Otherwise there's no actual coffee in the drink.
    Ha... Well... That might change things. Ignore the rest of my post for the moment, thank you good sir! </I'm an idiot>

passive wrote: »
    Ha... Well... That might change things. Ignore the rest of my post for the moment, thank you good sir! </I'm an idiot>

Hope you enjoy the next drink more :D

• Advertisement

Found some Costa Americano in currys airside after all,just got it goin there,have to say 1st cup was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

This was what I ordered. the price has now gone up :eek:

screenshot2014-01-061p5x43.png

Do i need to clean it inbetween different drinks or can i just replace the disc straight after

Do i need to clean it inbetween different drinks or can i just replace the disc straight after

They recommend if you make hot chocolate or caramel latte and you're then going making plain coffee or tea that you clean it because the taste may impact on the next drink. Mine gets a lot of use and I clean it once a week. I've never gotten the taste coming through.

daytob wrote: »
    This was what I ordered. the price has now gone up :eek:

screenshot2014-01-061p5x43.png

That's a pack of 5 x 16. 80 drinks @ £15, yeah? That sounds right.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    They recommend if you make hot chocolate or caramel latte and you're then going making plain coffee or tea that you clean it because the taste may impact on the next drink. Mine gets a lot of use and I clean it once a week. I've never gotten the taste coming through.

Cheers,Might be stupid question but how do you clean it,as in what parts are ok to clean

Cheers,Might be stupid question but how do you clean it,as in what parts are ok to clean

Wipe the barcode scanner with a damp cloth. T disc holder, piercing unit and drink outlet can go through the dishwasher. Wipe down the outside of the unit. Rinse out water tank, back splash and cup stand - they can't go in dishwasher. Reassemble and run the service disc 4 times as you did before first use.

There are two cleaning cycles, the first is a short press with the service disc in that you need to run four times, and the descale (every 300 drinks or so) is a long press that runs for 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

TheBoffin wrote: »

Yeah I ordered stuff off Tassimo's website, using the twenty quid off to stock up. Just got an e-mail from them saying the order is going to be slightly longer than expected to be shipped out, due to the popular demand. So not just Tesco's seem to be having an issue stocking them right now. Better not tell my missus that though, she's hooked on using the machine right now!

• Advertisement

racersedge wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered stuff off Tassimo's website, using the twenty quid off to stock up. Just got an e-mail from them saying the order is going to be slightly longer than expected to be shipped out, due to the popular demand. So not just Tesco's seem to be having an issue stocking them right now. Better not tell my missus that though, she's hooked on using the machine right

How do get that 20 off,i see the sticker on the box ,says England only but?

Advertisement