Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mollikins wrote: »

Thanks hun. I really appreciate it. I find I’m better off keeping to myself and working through things on my own than offloading on other people. But it’s great to know the option to talk to someone is there so thank you. :) :

Mollikins, I'd be careful about that. Keeping things in is never good for you. Even if you just say it/write it without needing anyone to reply back to you.

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing or anything but I worry about people who do this (mostly coz this is why my mum and I do and we haven't turned out so great). Look after yourself please and don't keep things in. Your head will always twist things to make them worse whereas actually vocalising the words can help things be a little more realistic :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i seriously wish my grant was here :(

i have bills to pay and courses to pay too!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Mollikins wrote: »
    I haven’t been posting much lately because I’ve been feeling pretty depressed and antisocial and I didn’t want to subject you all to my misery and constant moaning but I have a happy post today and since you all put up with my negativity you deserve to hear something positive from me. :)

I ordered a dress online a few weeks ago for my college awards night. I regretted ordering it about 2 days later because I thought I had the size wrong or the quality would be terrible and that I didn’t deserve a nice dress anyway. My depression has been getting to me lately, so much so that I very nearly self-harmed one day last week. No one else was home to distract me and my thoughts were racing and I just couldn’t cope with it. It’s been months since I felt that bad and it really knocked me for six. Anyway I somehow made myself wait, the feelings dissipated a bit and I didn’t cut myself. I pretended to everyone at home and in college I was grand like I always do and hid away in bed when I could. Have been feeling pretty shít ever since though and haven’t been able to get out of bed all weekend because I just don’t see the point.

Anyway the dress arrived today and it’s absolutely amazing! It fits so so well. Not perfectly because it’s waaay too long, but that’s only because I’m a 5ft midget :o. But it sort of flows over the parts of me that I’m self-conscious about and emphasises the good parts of my body. (Yes Mollikins, you do have good parts). Putting it on and looking in the mirror made me feel so so beautiful and god I really needed to feel good about myself right now. My mind is pretty relentless in telling me that I’m ugly and that I don’t deserve to feel good about myself amongst other things so this dress came at the perfect time. So basically right now I’m sitting here with a big smile on my face and I won’t be crying myself to sleep tonight. :)

Congrats tomissex. Delighted for you. :D
    Bet it eases the disappointment of not getting Madrid? You deserve it hun. :)

Novella, pretty please send that guy in your class to me. He’s an absolute keeper. Good luck with the work experience diary. Hope it won’t take you too long. :)

I think I might try on that dress again... :D

If you ever have racing thoughts like that again and feel like hurting yourself, don't be afraid to send me a PM. I'll always listen if you feel like there's no one else. I know that's not great since I'm pretty much a total stranger but I've been where you've been so I could probably relate.

So happy to hear about your dress by the way! Hope you have a really wonderful time at your college awards night. :)

As for the guy, I'm kind of hanging on to him myself ;):) But I'll share! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh my God I think I've just seen the biggest wasp in the entire world!! :eek: It was nearly 3 times as big as a normal one. :eek:

I had one of those in my en suite last week, the bones of 3inches long!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't post in this thread but I lurk from time to time, just going to go unreg and have a bit of a rant!

Yesterday I was out in town with my boyfriend. It had been a while since it had just been the two of us doing something so I was really looking forward to it. I had to do a few things first before we could just sit down somewhere, so we went around to some shops first so I could get what I needed. The last thing I needed to do was to try something on in a shop, so I went to do that quickly and left him to wait for me. When I came back he was talking to a girl from his college, and I said hello to her, started talking to her a bit. But then he kept talking to her, and then next thing I know she's walking around with us with no sign of going away. Then I felt quite sick so I asked if we could sit down somewhere, and we went to a cafe, me him and her. I was still wondering why the hell she was hanging around with us, I don't even know her like. So then when we were sitting there it was just them talking about all stuff they like that I'm not really into, while I sat on what was meant to be a day out with my boyfriend listening to them, not even feeling the best. I just felt so pissed off that he didn't even care that he was leaving me out, or that she was interrupting what was meant to be our day out together. Eventually after an hour and a half (!) of her being with us we went off on our own. Thought it was pretty rude of her to just interfere like that too, I'd never just invite myself along with some couple if they were out together. Sounds silly now when I type it but I was really pissed off at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Muffin, glad to read you're feeling better but don't be afraid to PM if you ever need to. If something upsets you that much it's never silly. xx

Novella that boy sounds completely adorable! :D

Mollykins, I was really sorry to read that you're having such a rough time lately. Glad you're feeling better though. Just wanna give you a little bit of advice though. Don't keep things bottled up and try to deal with it on your own. It's always better to talk to someone. PM is always open if you need someone to chat to. :) xx

SarahBeep! the thing was definitely three times the size of a normal one, it was massive! I still couldn't kill it though. I let it fly over to the window and I let it out. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

New Loungelight thread, this week it is Stench Blossoms, head on over to the private forum and get questioning!

*If you want to join the private forum, the instructions are here

Freakin' allergies.

Also, I've been trying to get into twitter, though I still don't really see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Orla K wrote: »
    There's a new tv series coming out isn't there, I'm pretty sure they wanted to keep it more real and tried to be true to what the real people were like. It's made by the guy behind that pre ww1 tv series (gosford park?)

Downton Abbey. I've only seen the first episode of Titanic, it was okay but nothing on Downton. It's only a four-part series as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Freakin' allergies.

Also, I've been trying to get into twitter, though I still don't really see the point.

I see absolutely no point to twitter, have joined twice and left again both times. I have enough social media in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Mollikins I hope you're feeling better, I bet your look gorgeous in your fab new dress :) I've kinda been there before with that kind of thinking, if you ever need a chat, PM is open :)

Heading out tomorrow night with my class and I get to host pre-drinks for the first time. I'm pretty excited as I've never done it before. What annoyed me though was that one of the girls created a FB event for the night out, and I think she's trying to make it seem as though the night was her idea (I suggested it) and her 'event' as such. There was no need for the page, as I'd sent everyone in the class a mail with the details. I think some people just like to be 'in control', or the centre of all the action or something. It's not worth mentioning to her and causing a rift, but it still bothered me.

And Messrs Ben and Jerry, you've outdone yourselves with this new Cookie Dough/Chocolate ice cream creation :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I like Twitter. I think it's a little boring if you use it just as social media but I find it really handy for news and competitions and stuff.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I like Twitter. I think it's a little boring if you use it just as social media but I find it really handy for news and competitions and stuff.

For now, I've just been using it to post up whatever random thoughts I have.

Just watching the end of Wrestlemania. Mmmm The Rock. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just watching the end of Wrestlemania. Mmmm The Rock. ;)

made no sense him winning though, maybe they'll turn Cena heel.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's true. Good match though I thought.

Can't wait to see my bf at the weekend.

Links hasn't posted in a bit. Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Took the plunge and purchased a Prepaid Mastercard. I had a horrible experience with the O2 Money card which resulted in someone resetting the password and transferring my funds to another card :mad: The O2 customer service weren't much help! I spoke to two people and they both basically said you're screwed! :( The security features with this card seem to be a lot better. I know it costs the little bit extra to top up but I feel so much safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Muffin, glad to read you're feeling better but don't be afraid to PM if you ever need to. If something upsets you that much it's never silly. xx
    Thank you Jane :)

Went into town to get a few bits for dinner, while I was there I called into a bakery to get a Cinnamon Swirl, they didn't have any so I got some Macroons instead, came home gave one to my mother and all she did was moan and groan about the price of it, how it is expensive for it's size and stuff.

When I do something nice I get moaned at, when I don't do anything I still get moaned at. I just cannot get it right. Absolutely fed up of it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Started work placement today and the people are sooo nice! :) Only had an induction and a bit of photo copying to do :pac: My supervisor for the role won't be in until tomorrow so won't really really get into the nitty gritty work life for another few days!

Thank you Jane :)

Went into town to get a few bits for dinner, while I was there I called into a bakery to get a Cinnamon Swirl, they didn't have any so I got some Macroons instead, came home gave one to my mother and all she did was moan and groan about the price of it, how it is expensive for it's size and stuff.

When I do something nice I get moaned at, when I don't do anything I still get moaned at. I just cannot get it right. Absolutely fed up of it at this stage.

No problem. Just ignore your mum hun. I know the feeling, no matter what you do you can't win in my experience. She was probably in a mood about something else if she's anything like my mother.

Vinta81 - What are you studying? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Would somebody please come and tell my wrist to stop feeling funny? :(

EDIT: On a brighter note, I had a very successful game of Tetris earlier - over 250 lines. :D

EDIT: And 1111th post. :D:D

No problem. Just ignore your mum hun. I know the feeling, no matter what you do you can't win in my experience. She was probably in a mood about something else if she's anything like my mother.

Vinta81 - What are you studying? :)

BIS. But working for a Supply Chain Management/Outsourcing company. Still trying to understand what they do :p

Vinta81 wrote: »
    BIS. But working for a Supply Chain Management/Outsourcing company. Still trying to understand what they do :p

Sounds cool. Hope you have a good placement! :)

Sounds cool. Hope you have a good placement! :)

Bit boring tbh but I kinda can't wait to be thrown in the deep end and do something worthwhile! They said within 3 weeks I'll wished I never said that :D

and thank you grown up Vinta till September anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I made chilli for dinner :D
    And the OH's mom gave me an apple tart :D
    And Game of Thrones :D
    I'm just happy today :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm going to Belfast Thursday week for Titanic weekend and there is my first stop! I don't think that my poof boyfriend is looking forward to it tbh! I haven't stopped talking about Titanic in months! This is the best year ever for me! I have been obsessed with titanic since I saw the film aged 7. I have mountains of books, DVDs, documents etc on the ship and it's stories! I just wish that more movies/shows would tell the real stories and not make ones up that are nowhere near as interesting!

/nerdattack

:eek:

I usually have to tone down the titanicnerd in me. Some fascinating programming and aspects I haven't looked at in a while coming up. I've not the time to go up to the Museum....yet.:pac:

I love the Titanic stuff too, would love to get down to Cork to Cobh and Fota next week, fingers crossed!

I think I'm sick, I've started to enjoy cleaning :eek: In the last hour and a half I've done the wash up (no small job in our house), cleaned my work room, reorganised it, put on a wash, cooked my dinner, hung some photos, cleaned utility room and hoovered kitchen, hall sitting room and utility. Something definitely not right here....

Also, my lovely mom has offered to pay for my wedding dress :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    I love the Titanic stuff too, would love to get down to Cork to Cobh and Fota next week, fingers crossed!

I think I'm sick, I've started to enjoy cleaning :eek: In the last hour and a half I've done the wash up (no small job in our house), cleaned my work room, reorganised it, put on a wash, cooked my dinner, hung some photos, cleaned utility room and hoovered kitchen, hall sitting room and utility. Something definitely not right here....

Also, my lovely mom has offered to pay for my wedding dress :eek:
    Are you nesting? :p

Just started week1 day1 of the C25K and loved it. Why haven't I gotten into this running lark before now?

Kiera wrote: »

Just started week1 day1 of the C25K and loved it. Why haven't I gotten into this running lark before now?

Ha, that's what boyfriend said too, I pointed out that nesting only occurs pretty late into pregnancy, so I'd surely have noticed by now! :p

Running is one thing I will never do, I cannot run at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Saw KoRn last night in the Olympia. What a great gig!

• Advertisement

Ha, that's what boyfriend said too, I pointed out that nesting only occurs pretty late into pregnancy, so I'd surely have noticed by now! :p

Running is one thing I will never do, I cannot run at all.
    Well I'm not far off looking like phoebe in friends when I run tbh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Well I'm not far off looking like phoebe in friends when I run tbh :D

And she had the most fun ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I walked into a door and now my arm is sore. :(

I think I may be a bit dim. :o

Watching the United game. :)

Dinner was nice, but a bit meh, but think that's down to me mood more than anything else.

I made mushroom sauce, white rice and wrapped streaky bacon around chicken fillets.

Sick of my mother and her snide comments. I was just washing dishes and she moaned at me for banging a plate off the sink, when I explained it was an accident she moaned again and told me not to do it again. One of these days I will turn on her. I am utterly fed up of her and her behaviour.

Hugs for Muffin. xx

This match is getting incredibly frustrating to watch.. :confused:

Any chance of moving in with your bf for a while, muffin?

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Oh my God I think I've just seen the biggest wasp in the entire world!! :eek: It was nearly 3 times as big as a normal one. :eek:

Sounds like a trackerjacker....

No just kidding its either a queen or a hornet....

• Advertisement

Sounds like a trackerjacker....

No just kidding its either a queen or a hornet....

I had to Google what that was... :o

Some goal by Antonio Valencia! :D

Not a chance.

I wouldn't have the money for rent or bills.

I get €95 per week and just about get by on that.

Dinner was nice, but a bit meh, but think that's down to me mood more than anything else.

I made mushroom sauce, white rice and wrapped streaky bacon around chicken fillets.

Sick of my mother and her snide comments. I was just washing dishes and she moaned at me for banging a plate off the sink, when I explained it was an accident she moaned again and told me not to do it again. One of these days I will turn on her. I am utterly fed up of her and her behaviour.

throw the plate at her

ah no move out if you can

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ack. More tears today over James' current dislike of me.

Told his Dad today that he "no like Mama" and that he's "shy of Mama".

Wish I knew when the phase is going to end. He made me laugh almost immediately by asking if I was sad because I had no biscuits. :pac:

Not a chance.

I wouldn't have the money for rent or bills.

I get €95 per week and just about get by on that.

I know the feeling Muffin. I'd be gone long ago if I had the money too.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ack. More tears today over James' current dislike of me.

Told his Dad today that he "no like Mama" and that he's "shy of Mama".

Wish I knew when the phase is going to end. He made me laugh almost immediately by asking if I was sad because I had no biscuits. :pac:

Ah sure he doesn't mean it, kids are weird! :pac: You're a cool mom, course he like Mama :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ah sure he doesn't mean it, kids are weird! :pac: You're a cool mom, course he like Mama :)

Yeah, that's the worst. He doesn't mean it really, he just prefers his Dad, who in fairness is a soft touch. Then Mike makes it worse by giving out to him for saying those things which only makes it worse. Poor child. He's fine with me when Daddy's not around.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Yeah, that's the worst. He doesn't mean it really, he just prefers his Dad, who in fairness is a soft touch. Then Mike makes it worse by giving out to him for saying those things which only makes it worse. Poor child. He's fine with me when Daddy's not around.
    You're defo a cool mammy. It won't be long till he cops on to this :)

2 nice goals for United. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

new Game Of Thrones was awesome :D Its going to be a looong week til next weeks episode.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Downton Abbey. I've only seen the first episode of Titanic, it was okay but nothing on Downton. It's only a four-part series as well.
    That ITV Titanic series is soooo bad! There's a great thread on it over on D.S and they're just ripping it to shreads! There's hardly any feeling that they are on a ship, lack of sound effects etc.. and only about 10 extras. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement