Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo Coffee Machine €60

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Forgot to mention you get £20 voucher to spend in the online Tassimo store when you register the machine. That really sweetened the deal for me!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How would Tassimo compare to Dolce Gusto?

I have a Krups Dolce Gusto machine, but I find it isn't great. Coffee seems barely hot enough.

Yeah I had a Dolce Gusto. Drinks were always only lukewarm and the hot chocolate tastes like dishwater! The Tassimo drinks are way hotter and nicer. Also the machine reads the barcode and knows exactly how much water is needed per pod. I hated trying to work out how much of each capsule was needed when making 2 pod drinks in the Dolce Gusto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

byte wrote: »

I have a Krups Dolce Gusto machine, but I find it isn't great. Coffee seems barely hot enough.

I'm very happy with my Tassimo, and the quality of the drinks. Costa Americano is €4 for 16 pods in Tesco right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Mine is fine - are ye waiting for the green light?
    If you want it hotter - stop it halfway and wait for the green light again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah i just add hot water from the kettle to the back of the machine. Heat cup also and happy days. Have to say i love the dolce gusto range...though can only comment on the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Had a go off one when I was in Ireland.

Seems like a lot of waste using so much plastic to make a cup of coffee :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Rubbish machines. Total waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Same model seems to be in Argos for €47.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4238861.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Same model seems to be in Argos for €47.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4238861.htm

64 euro - that's the sterling price you quoted

• Advertisement

Rubbish machines. Total waste of money.

Care to elaborate on that?

Noisy, pricey for the capsules and the quality of the coffee is very hit and miss. The cappuccino out of it is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Want to buy one of these for the missus are they any good or would I be better off putting an extra few quid to get something better?

Noisy, pricey for the capsules and the quality of the coffee is very hit and miss. The cappuccino out of it is rank.

Noise isn't a big deal IMHO. Which capsules are expensive? Did you use the milk pods with the cappuccino? What brand?

I made it the way it is supposed to be made, it turned out awful.

Sold it after two weeks and got a proper one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I made it the way it is supposed to be made, it turned out awful.

Sold it after two weeks and got a proper one instead.

Not trying to be smart but what do you mean by "a proper one"?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

would the nespresso with aerocino on amazon for 120 odd quid and then 80 of vouchers be a better bet

Want to buy one of these for the missus are they any good or would I be better off putting an extra few quid to get something better?

It really depends on what she's into. It's a great general all rounder. You can get different varieties of tea, coffee and chocolate for it. I've tried a couple of the coffees and the quality is good enough for me. I don't think it would be good enough quality for someone who strictly drinks freshly ground coffee. If your interested in a pod machine it's a good option. If your considering a "real" coffee machine then this probably isn't for you.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    It really depends on what she's into. It's a great general all rounder. You can get different varieties of tea, coffee and chocolate for it. I've tried a couple of the coffees and the quality is good enough for me. I don't think it would be good enough quality for someone who strictly drinks freshly ground coffee. If your interested in a pod machine it's a good option. If your considering a "real" coffee machine then this probably isn't for you.

She wouldn't be overly fussy to be honest.. She gets the coffees in the garages & shops etc to take away so she does like her coffee but she wouldn't be addicted kind of coffee lover so would you say it's ok for her? Are the pods easy enough to get hold of etc?

She wouldn't be overly fussy to be honest.. She gets the coffees in the garages & shops etc to take away so she does like her coffee but she wouldn't be addicted kind of coffee lover so would you say it's ok for her? Are the pods easy enough to get hold of etc?

It sounds like it should suit her. You can get the Cadbury Hot Chocolate and a couple Kenco and Carte Noir coffee pods in DID and Tesco. There's probably a few other stores stocking them too. The whole range is available on the Tassimo website, with free postage on orders over £35. I think I'm going to just bulk order direct every few months. There's no point in having a machine with so many options and then limiting yourself to the three/four options available in your local store :)

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    It sounds like it should suit her. You can get the Cadbury Hot Chocolate and a couple Kenco and Carte Noir coffee pods in DID and Tesco. There's probably a few other stores stocking them too. The whole range is available on the Tassimo website, with free postage on orders over £35. I think I'm going to just bulk order direct every few months. There's no point in having a machine with so many options and then limiting yourself to the three/four options available in your local store :)

Cheers mate thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Mine is fine - are ye waiting for the green light?
    If you want it hotter - stop it halfway and wait for the green light again
    Aye, I wait for the green light, and stopping half way through is something I've started recently. Also, firstly, I'll run it with no pod into the mug for a few seconds to get warm water in the mug to warm it up a bit, then dump the water.

Still, the results don't seem as good as Tassimo, as I had a chance to try Costa Americano in a Bosch Tassimo machine yesterday, seems hotter and nicer. Not sure if it's worth me changing machine though.

Aye, I wait for the green light, and stopping half way through is something I've started recently. Also, firstly, I'll run it with no pod into the mug for a few seconds to get warm water in the mug to warm it up a bit, then dump the water.

Still, the results don't seem as good as Tassimo, as I had a chance to try Costa Americano in a Bosch Tassimo machine yesterday, seems hotter and nicer. Not sure if it's worth me changing machine though.

In the end I'd resorted to making my coffee in the machine and then microwaving it to heat it up! At full price I wouldn't have changed but it's a decent offer and as you said the drinks are hotter and nicer. Once you take the voucher into consideration it's really €35 for the machine and the pods are roughly the same price with way more variety. It's certainly worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Its €59 in currys. Got one a few weeks ago and i love it. Tassimos usp is that you can buy different brand capsules rather than being tied to nespresso or nescafe... also even on this model its all automatic i.e. just put in the capsule and press the button..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My better half is a Latte junkie.
    But most machines out there that could make the beverage either used a creamer pod with the coffee one or had a separate milk heater and a frother.
    I was after something like the machines you see in the shops.
    After a bit of research I found that Philips make just such a device, part if the Senseo range, that uses a coffee pod for the coffee and a milk tank with a built in steamer/frother nozzle.
    Best Christmas present ever, it's three years old now and still going strong.
    D&E make the pods in three strengths and that's it here, but you can use your own favourite coffee blend in a Coffee Duck that goes where the pod goes if you prefer.
    Also there are several online sites selling coffee selections of their own being as well as selling continent only products like hot chocolate.
    It's the perfect coffee machine and makes Americano, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Latte or Espresso at the touch of a button.
    And it's sideways hot.
    The only problem is I'm not sure if it sold here in numbers as there model couldn't be found.
    I had to find mine online and in Germany, I had it shipped in and nearly got stuck in a blizzard collecting it from the DHL depot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Had a 10euro voucher off anything to buy in Currys so it was a no brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My better half is a Latte junkie.
    But most machines out there that could make the beverage either used a creamer pod with the coffee one or had a separate milk heater and a frother.
    I was after something like the machines you see in the shops.
    After a bit of research I found that Philips make just such a device, part if the Senseo range, that uses a coffee pod for the coffee and a milk tank with a built in steamer/frother nozzle.
    Best Christmas present ever, it's three years old now and still going strong.
    D&E make the pods in three strengths and that's it here, but you can use your own favourite coffee blend in a Coffee Duck that goes where the pod goes if you prefer.
    Also there are several online sites selling coffee selections of their own being as well as selling continent only products like hot chocolate.
    It's the perfect coffee machine and makes Americano, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Latte or Espresso at the touch of a button.
    And it's sideways hot.
    The only problem is I'm not sure if it sold here in numbers as there model couldn't be found.
    I had to find mine online and in Germany, I had it shipped in and nearly got stuck in a blizzard collecting it from the DHL depot!

If you can link me to the model that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I got the Tassimo about 4 months back and it has been great. For someone who likes a cappucino every morning they are brilliant. I very rarely buy take away coffee now. They are also so easy to use with no cleaning or messing about in the morning.
    Only complaint I would have is that there aren't any decafs at the moment. Also I found the Cadburys hot chocolate didnt fully come out of the capsule. Buy the suchards flavour instead and just heat some milk first in the cup in the microwave. You get 16 cups instead of 8 with the Cadburys.
    Overall so far it has been a great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I got the Tassimo about 4 months back and it has been great. For someone who likes a cappucino every morning they are brilliant. I very rarely buy take away coffee now. They are also so easy to use with no cleaning or messing about in the morning.
    Only complaint I would have is that there aren't any decafs at the moment. Also I found the Cadburys hot chocolate didnt fully come out of the capsule. Buy the suchards flavour instead and just heat some milk first in the cup in the microwave. You get 16 cups instead of 8 with the Cadburys.
    Overall so far it has been a great buy.

Cafe Hag is decaf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Thinking of picking this up. Where is the best place to get the capsules?

Advertisement