Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I took a dump on mw3 a few months back
    ....I mean I dumped mw3 a few months back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They couldnt make it any worse than mw3, infact any idiot can make a very good cod but instead we're stuck with morons that couldnt make a good game to save their lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Late tonight i'd say. 3 or 4AM Irish time maybe.

Should be way earlier than that, they said it would be morning pacific time so 8pm here at the latest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hooray for dolphin dives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Killstreaks look ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Unfortunately that looks kinda good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No way of judging from that, only thing I can say is please let there be a competitive playlist because those killstreaks look retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, trailers do have a habit of being deceptive.

I'd like to see some sort of reverse playlist whereby you start with all the unlocks, and as you progress you lose more and more of them until then end where you are left with the barebones.

Will see plenty more riot shields now that you can stick them into the ground. The wall hack killstreak/ equipment is an obvious problem though, the gun sounds are horrible again like blops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Oh god. Looks like a healthy amount of BS will be back in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Nice big colourful maps. Already makes me feel at ease

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was looking at one of the sniper rifles on CoD wiki, it sounds like something out of Team Fortress 2: "As an added feature to take advantage of the scope, the shots can be charged, making the bullets pass through any material between the victim and the shooter. However, they consume multiple ammo per charge (the maximum being five)."

I love TF2, but that seems odd for a CoD game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Denny M wrote: »
    I was looking at one of the sniper rifles on CoD wiki, it sounds like something out of Team Fortress 2: "As an added feature to take advantage of the scope, the shots can be charged, making the bullets pass through any material between the victim and the shooter. However, they consume multiple ammo per charge (the maximum being five)."

I love TF2, but that seems odd for a CoD game.

Well it did seem a lot more arcadey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

That Guardian thing is gonna be spammed to bits...

Best thing about it is that you have to equip your knife before using it, R.I.P panic knifing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

iMuse wrote: »
    Best thing about it is that you have to equip your knife before using it, R.I.P panic knifing :)

If that's true I am pre ordering this right now

Thomasheen wrote: »
    If that's true I am pre ordering this right now

If you look at the bottom right of the trailer at 1.18 it says "combat knife" so I assume you have to equip it like a secondary.

Mg that's looks awful. Killstreaks, riot shield in ground, running knifing idiots, to similar to mw2/3. Horrible horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Who was commentating at the end? I recognise the voice, but not sure who.

Looks decent, a lot more arcadey, it looks like it's a montage that would be done by any of the big montage makers on youtube....I'll buy it, but not Elite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I like colour

• Advertisement

Who was commentating at the end? I recognise the voice, but not sure who.

Its hastr0, MLG player.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Have to say I think it looks pretty good . Ditched MW3 a few months back just got bored with the maps . I think I'll be jumping back into COD come November .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

iMuse wrote: »

with no knifing.......everyone will be dropshotting. Although I hate panic knifing, I think they should have kept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Which is why the dolphin dive is back.

Harder to dropshot because you have to be not sprinting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Crashes a multimillion dollar jet into the ground to kill one single person... only in cod :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

And if you're not sprinting? all you have to do is stop and drop.
    They should do it the way it's done in battlefield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I couldn't care if they made the noise of

43b695aa_ZapJWSimpsons.jpeg

as long as it's better gameplay than MW3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

All you have to do is ADS first

It's not though...well on Black Ops at least it was still piss easy to dropshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

3584594003_b08612abc2.jpg

Very hard to be excited with that trailer.
    Borderlands style and palette borrowed heavily.
    Placable shields from gears of war.
    Player sensor like mw2/3 heart beat sensor.
    One of the maps seem to be the spits of downturn, whoop-de-doo.
    Guns sound like capguns, you'd get a more intense sound from toasters popping.

They even managed to balls up the supposedly "killer clutch play" by messing up the scores; 28 at the start and 24 at the end of the video. The only consolation is they've killed the hype for me, congrats Treyarch my expectations are now at zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Looks surprisingly ok but could they just hire a new team to do the audio? It's not a massive deal but surely it's something that's easily fixable.

Blacklight Retribution wants its robot back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wtf is that yoke that your man places before the two guys and they just start going all weird? Too much technology ****e in it, was that the shagohad that came ouut of the crate? Pass...

Tomohawk though so, maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wtf is that yoke that your man places before the two guys and they just start going all weird? Too much technology ****e in it, was that the shagohad that came ouut of the crate? Pass...

Tomohawk though so, maybe :D

Looks like they're going for a portable heat/pain ray type device. Still play a lot of BLOPS and trust Treyarch but not in the least bit interested in what I saw in that trailer. Think the rot set in when IW started introducing too much silly ****e that wasn't just gun play and Treyarch seem to be finally going down that route as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I'll defo get this as there are a few things that I am delighted about there being no more panic knifing (hopefully)!!

Some killstreaks look ridiculous but the tomahawks look deadly!!!

Sound $hite as always but at least the colour palate is looking fantastic!!

Dolphin Dive woop woop woop!!

Prob be too busy to play it but sure... why not!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

looks good but im very sceptical after the last two terrible triarch games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

i think the trailer looked very good, its a treyarc game so you know its going to be good, no bullsh*t

ugglasdav wrote: »
    i think the trailer looked very good, its a treyarc game so you know its going to be good, no bullsh*t
    Why has this myth become more and more prevalent over the last year?

There was plenty of crap in Black Ops, it had more than its fair share of issues and from 2 minutes of trailer you can already see plenty more 'bull****'.

AdamD wrote: »

There was plenty of crap in Black Ops, it had more than its fair share of issues and from 2 minutes of trailer you can already see plenty more 'bull****'.

I think its just the fact that Treyarch are actually trying to innovate and support their games extremely well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Disgusted with that trailer.I won't be buying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

yomtea98 wrote: »

Jumping-to-Conclusions_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

yomtea98 wrote: »

Cool story bro

When are the perks list be released?

id put money on another last stand and ghost ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Sure did ya not see the perk yer man had..

He could see an enemy silhouette (totally had to google how to spell that) through the wall before he came around the corner..

Disgusting perk!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Sure did ya not see the perk yer man had..

He could see an enemy silhouette (totally had to google how to spell that) through the wall before he came around the corner..

Disgusting perk!

That was the sight on the gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

AdamD wrote: »

imo black ops was almost perfect, ghost for me was the only problem, other than that the game ran smooth, bad players got punished for being bad, good players got rewarded for being good with killstreaks, it might look like there is alot of features in the new game that may be bull**** but im sure there will be alot of things in the game to counter them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I enjoyed black ops(I wouldn't say it was near perfect tho lol), so i'll give this a go no problem. Hopefully the PC version isn't as messed up as the 1st game apparently was. I've always had a problem with CoD's rich get richer philosophy when it comes to kill streaks, which was my biggest problem with blops as they were more overpowered than in any other CoD game imo. So hopefully they tone it down a bit and keep it gun on gun (Not that its much of a problem on PC since i'll beable to just go on servers with killstreaks disabled).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Jumping-to-Conclusions_thumb.jpg

I'm going to watch Office Space now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Different year, same sh!t.

That trailer was an exact replica of what you've been playing for the past four years. Are you guys watching a different video or what? lol...

A fool and their money...

ugglasdav wrote: »
    imo black ops was almost perfect, ghost for me was the only problem, other than that the game ran smooth, bad players got punished for being bad, good players got rewarded for being good with killstreaks, it might look like there is alot of features in the new game that may be bull**** but im sure there will be alot of things in the game to counter them

The game ran smoothly about 3 months after release when they finally fixed the frame rate issues lol. Gunfights were random as **** too

• Advertisement
Advertisement