Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

bennyob wrote: »
    I ordered mine on friday. Order is on step 3 of 6.........

Order Processed Product shipment has been requested. You may able to edit your order details through online, or by contacting VoC Centre.

Edit: Just got an e-mail to say that delivery will be delayed. Status of order on website didn't change and no expected delivery date.

You must have ordered a product with limited stock. I ordered a wifi tab S 8.4 on sunday night and it was delivered to parcel motel this morning so i will have the tablet tomorrow morning. Delighted with the speed of the delivery considering it is via parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Just a small update on mine, bought a case from Amazon, beautiful, and order some screen protectors off Amazon they came today, seriously impressed with this tab and what it offers.

Ordered on Sunday and received this morning. Delighted with the speed and the tablet. It's a beautiful device, incredibly thin and light.

Ordered a good case on Aliexpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-8-4-T700-T705-Book-cover-Smart-Cover-Business-Leather/1984836364.html

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

So.... bottom line - samsung have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I ordered Saturday and then contacted them Tuesday as it still hadn't shipped.

They initially told me they would look into and get back to me..... they didn't get back to me.

Called them this morning where they eventually told me my payment had been rejected - but when I checked my bank the money was gone from my account.

Several calls later, I've been forced into just ordering again, and now they can't guarantee when this will ship.

Getting ridiculous. Samsung - you make nice devices but your customer service is an embarrassment.

Akula wrote: »
    So.... bottom line - samsung have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I ordered Saturday and then contacted them Tuesday as it still hadn't shipped.

They initially told me they would look into and get back to me..... they didn't get back to me.

Called them this morning where they eventually told me my payment had been rejected - but when I checked my bank the money was gone from my account.

Several calls later, I've been forced into just ordering again, and now they can't guarantee when this will ship.

Getting ridiculous. Samsung - you make nice devices but your customer service is an embarrassment.

I used the paypal option in case there was an issue with an Irish credit card for UK only shipping and the transaction went through flawlessly, even getting cashback through quidco.

I wouldn't be so quick to trounce them. We are using a third party shipper to get around their UK only sale policy on the offer and it should be expected that they could spot the issue if you used an Irish CC billing address. - Paypal option was much easier to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

thanks had totally forgot about this section on boards was about to buy one in PC world thanks op!

thanks had totally forgot about this section on boards was about to buy one in PC world thanks op!

Happy I could help ðŸ‘

Zarquon - that would be fair if that seemed to be the issue.... but it doesn't seem to be. In fact the main problem seems to be they don't have a clue what the problem is!

Akula wrote: »
    Zarquon - that would be fair if that seemed to be the issue.... but it doesn't seem to be. In fact the main problem seems to be they don't have a clue what the problem is!

Have you tried reordering. If not i would recommend to try the order with paypal as the credit card payments may be rejected due to location. Certainly the fields only allow for UK addresses so an Irish billing address cannot be populated. I do not know if this is the case but's its a risk i did not want to take as i thought the payment may have been rejected via CC and the thread on HKUD said that paypal transactions were going through flawlessly therefore i did not see the need to use a credit card as a potential chargeback is much easier with paypal if there is a problem.

Furthermore the paypal purchase tracked with Quidco without issue so i have £14.35 cashback on it's way back to me :)

Of course if you don't have paypal this is a moot point so i'm not sure what you can do apart from maybe using a prepaid UK card.

I do hope you get it sorted soon because you won't be dissappointed with a tab S. The device is stunning and the screen is the most incredible screen i have ever seen on a device. Just watching a HD movie on the screen is an amazing experience.

It's also so thin that my note 3 now feels like a brick! Amazingly the sidesync is advertised for the S5 but i found the sidesync works perfectly with my note 3. It feels strange being able to virtualize my phone on my tablet but i can see some limited use for the functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

They cancelled my order but no explanation. Not even an email. Found out by checking the order status online.

• Advertisement

bennyob wrote: »
    They cancelled my order but no explanation. Not even an email. Found out by checking the order status online.

Could be another credit card billing issue. I had no issue using PM and Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Don't think it was a problem with the card. Payment was taken on the 8th. More than likely its a stock issue.

It still would have been nice if them to let me know what's happening. Does anyone have an email address so that I can follow up on this. Can't find one on their website.

HKUD thread states that Samsung is now shipping the tablets with 32gb Microsd cards. Has anyone else received a card with their tablet? Apparently the cards are packaged outside the box but i didn't check as i assumed there was nothing else apart from the box so i think i may have thrown a 32gb card in the bin last week in the outer packing as the card would be small enough to overlook!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

went to buy a 8.4s today. not in stock, comes up with where to buy :(

too bad...

couldnt afford it last week. was waiting for the scottish vote to see re the pound

Spipov wrote: »
    went to buy a 8.4s today. not in stock, comes up with where to buy :(

too bad...

couldnt afford it last week. was waiting for the scottish vote to see re the pound

Should come back in stock again. Check in a few days. Great value now especially as they are including 32gb microsd cards with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Yep - keep checking back. The tab s 8.4 wifi was out of stock at the end of last week and all weekend, but came back in stock on Monday morning... Just got it this morning... verrry impressed with it :)

will do, thanks guys :)

No 32gb card with mine. I got the 10.5" 4G titanium.

Really delighted with it. Samsung are a disgrace of a company when it comes to customer service though..... without a doubt the worst I've dealt with by a long shot....

zarquon wrote: »
    Should come back in stock again. Check in a few days. Great value now especially as they are including 32gb microsd cards with the purchase.

Where did you see the offer with the 32gb card? Ive relooked on the website and cant see anything with it?

Where did you see the offer with the 32gb card? Ive relooked on the website and cant see anything with it?

It's not mentioned at all but there are quite a few posts on HKUD from people saying that the latest shipments are coming with 32gb microsd cards

• Advertisement

It's not mentioned at all but there are quite a few posts on HKUD from people saying that the latest shipments are coming with 32gb microsd cards

Aw man :( , i just ordered a 64gb Samsung Evo , could have done with a 32gb to save me some €€€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Spipov wrote: »

Not all Models though, all 4G models are still available.

looks like there back in stock.. I'm trying to place order but won't let me put my
    irish mobile phone number how did you guys get passed this?

looks like there back in stock.. I'm trying to place order but won't let me put my
    irish mobile phone number how did you guys get passed this?

Just used 0087 instead of 087, did the job fine. I figured if anyone would need my number they would figure out the erroneous 0 pretty quickly.

Ffs!!! It wasn't in stock this am so bought a second hand one. In fairness its fine but ffs!!

Just used 0087 instead of 087, did the job fine. I figured if anyone would need my number they would figure out the erroneous 0 pretty quickly.

I just put parcel motels uk contact number , did they communicate with you via mobile ? I presume it's just email 😬

I just put parcel motels uk contact number , did they communicate with you via mobile ? I presume it's just email 😬

Yeah, that will work too. PM already have your number on file so there is no problem with what you did

to anyone who ordered how long where you waiting? my order is saying processed for the last 3 days

• Advertisement

to anyone who ordered how long where you waiting? my order is saying processed for the last 3 days

2 days for me, really quick. I ordered on a Sunday night and had the tab in my parcel motel locker on wednesday morning.

Advertisement