Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A4 Racing

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fortis

Beasty wrote: »
    Downgradimg should certainly not be optional. The rules this year only permitted upgrade at the option of the rider. The fact you chose to upgrade should not give you an easy option back unless you can make a convincing case as to why you should be downgraded. Otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole grading system as over time riders can effectively pick and choose whichever category suits them (as opposed to their ability) (assuming the proposal to continue with the optional upgrade gets through the AGM)

Same as the current system allows some A2 riders (45+) to downgrade to A3 every season and refuse to take an upgrade (50+) even when they have earned the points! They can do this year in year out under the current system

Ya, making a mockery of the whole grading system springs to mind alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Part of me thinks that it's hilarious that even out of season we just can't help but bitch about all this stuff. Think it's time to concentrate on training.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Sorry to hijack lads, but is Ned F the 1st A4 race of the season in Feb?

D33 wrote: »

The last two years it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

D33 wrote: »

It's not an A4 race. It's a CP of all cats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It's not an A4 race. It's a CP of all cats.

And the final draft of the calendar hasn't been published yet so we simply don't know for sure ....

What's CP?

What's CP?

A4 group is off first and then chased by A3 and then A2 and then A1 or a combination of A2&1 depending on the numbers.

Ok, I'll stand by what I said above. Last two years it's been a separate A4 race.

Ok, I'll stand by what I said above. Last two years it's been a separate A4 race.

Oh. Didn't do this year but thought the previous was a CP.

Edit: Just checked my Strava records. Defo a CP in February 2013.

• Advertisement

Oh. Didn't do this year but thought the previous was a CP.

Edit: Just checked my Strava records. Defo a CP in February 2013.

Ok, not my memory of it. Obviously I could be wrong.

Ok, not my memory of it. Obviously I could be wrong.

I remember it well. Got away in a break until just after the right turn after the intermediate sprint, maybe 10 or 15kms from the end when we were mopped up by the rest of the race. I believe that the scratch group or some of it got sent the wrong way at one point also during that race.

I remember it well. Got away in a break until just after the right turn after the intermediate sprint, maybe 10 or 15kms from the end when we were mopped up by the rest of the race. I believe that the scratch group or some of it got sent the wrong way at one point also during that race.

Yep, you're right. I just remembered being caught by the A3s sorry. I could be totally wrong about last year now too. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭wav1

A4 race only for the first time in 2014 due to the new rule re 140 max riders in CP races inc A4s.Will be same in 2015.
    Draft should be nailed down this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Ned Flanagan was my first race. We were put in with the A3s as there wasnt enough women for a separate race. A1s and 2s were off first then the A3s and then A4s. Total shock to my system to be in with the A3s. Lasted about 10kms before being shot out the back. Hopped on to the A4s for a while and was turfed out the back of them too. Loved it, couldnt wait for more!

Advertisement