Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two free Odeon tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Has anyone heard anything back from emailing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭893bet

; so.

I work in a bar and we buy 5 newspapers a day. Guess it will be four from how on. Might even replace sun with the mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

893bet wrote: »
    ; so.

I work in a bar and we buy 5 newspapers a day. Guess it will be four from how on. Might even replace sun with the mail.

Whoa... Let's not get carried away now. The Mail is a monster of a paper.

Just a heads up, I emailed the irish sun a few days ago and today got my codes today. Might be worth trying that if people are still waiting on the codes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I emailed the irish sun a few days ago and today got my codes today. Might be worth trying that if people are still waiting on the codes!

What's the email address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

GBX wrote: »
    What's the email address?

Actually probably one of these...

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/4648330/Contact-the-Irish-Sun.html

sunplus@thesun.co.uk is the one i emailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    sunplus@thesun.co.uk is the one i emailed

Cheers I emailed and got the codes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

What exactly did u say in the email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Tickets or codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

crazygeryy wrote: »
    What exactly did u say in the email?

I just said that I entered that promotion but not heard anything back. They emailed me back asking for my name and address and then they sent me on the codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Plus one who emailed and just got the codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just sent an e-mail there. I was actually made aware of the promotion early on ,so was one of the first takers. Nothing in my e-mail or physical mail, so fired of an email there to see what the story was.

Actually wasn't that concerned, but then just got annoyed for some reason and sent them a mail.

Also worth nothing, that Odeon themselves seem to be doing a two tickets for €10 deal. When we went to Star Wars we got two vouchers providing 2 for €10. The only exception appeared to be it excluded Star Wars, and we used one of the vouchers the other day that I guess you'd call a peak time.

I nearly binned mine (Odeon give so many receipts!) but luckily just double checked and saw the two of them. Till assistant didnt even mention anything like. They have an expiry date of end of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just sent an e-mail there. I was actually made aware of the promotion early on ,so was one of the first takers. Nothing in my e-mail or physical mail, so fired of an email there to see what the story was.

Actually wasn't that concerned, but then just got annoyed for some reason and sent them a mail.

Also worth nothing, that Odeon themselves seem to be doing a two tickets for €10 deal. When we went to Star Wars we got two vouchers providing 2 for €10. The only exception appeared to be it excluded Star Wars, and we used one of the vouchers the other day that I guess you'd call a peak time.

I nearly binned mine (Odeon give so many receipts!) but luckily just double checked and saw the two of them. Till assistant didnt even mention anything like. They have an expiry date of end of January.

Odeon regularly give an offer receipt with tickets, usually 33% or 40% off two tickets. Three Plus gives two for ten euro tickets and Wednesdays are two for a tenner tickets.

Anyway. email sent the other day but no reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Got mine too! Thanks OP :)

Hmm sent email yesterday and haven't heard anything back from them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

mrcheez wrote: »

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

sent a email , got asked was to confirm it was an offer with 5 codes for the paper , i did , then got a email asking for my name and address , then a email asking what email i used , now im waiting while it is "passed on to management who will investigate further" and i should have a reply in 72 hours :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Emailed yesterday. They sent me a free razor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Quackster wrote: »
    With thanks to the good folks at the Irish Sun! :D

Visit irishsunpromos.ie and enter the following five codes:

CIN8178
    SWEET79
    CRISP810
    CORN11
    HOTDOG12

Enjoy!

Thank you for visiting.

Unfortunately the cinema ticket
    promotion is now closed.

If you have already registered for your tickets,
    your ticket codes will be sent to you via email.
    Please check your email for updates.

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Thank you for visiting.

Unfortunately the cinema ticket
    promotion is now closed.

If you have already registered for your tickets,
    your ticket codes will be sent to you via email.
    Please check your email for updates.

Hasn't that been the message on the site for a while now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Me too, hope to get something from them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got email with two codes in it. So can they be used any day or just on Wednesday?

gmisk wrote:
    Got email with two codes in it. So can they be used any day or just on Wednesday?

Any day as far as i can see. I've checked by trying to book tickets online and it was giving me a full discount against a movie costing 9.50 when I entered the code number

gmisk wrote: »

Still nada.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started the email with "Dear c*ckface..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Perfectly acceptable if the persons last name is c*ckface ;) but might have got a better response if you had put Mr or Mrs first though :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

dose anyone remember when the tickets expire ?

OK interesting one here...

I previously emailed using my Yahoo account, and never got a response, nor did I get an acknowledgement mail.

It occurred to me that they may have a spam filter blocking Yahoo mails, so I decided to try my private domain email instead, and got an "Auto-acknowledgement from The Sun" mail in response.

At least that's some progress... now all I need to do is wait and see if I get a follow-up mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

OK interesting one here...

I previously emailed using my Yahoo account, and never got a response, nor did I get an acknowledgement mail.

It occurred to me that they may have a spam filter blocking Yahoo mails, so I decided to try my private domain email instead, and got an "Auto-acknowledgement from The Sun" mail in response.

At least that's some progress... now all I need to do is wait and see if I get a follow-up mail.
    I sent two emails from gmail and never got any reply. Just tried from my iCloud email and got the acknowledgment as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

dose anyone remember when the tickets expire ?

7th Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

guil wrote: »
    I sent two emails from gmail and never got any reply. Just tried from my iCloud email and got the acknowledgment as well.

Same happened for me, emailed from gmail account (that I used to sign up for the offer) and no acknowledgment or reply.

Emailed again from work email and gave my gmail account as reference, Sunplus emailed me back Odeon codes in about 10 mins, success.

Just booked The Hateful Eight seeing how cineworld aren't gonna have it :)

maximoose wrote: »
    Just booked The Hateful Eight

Pretty much my plan too... ok let the mail-onslaught to sunplus@thesun.co.uk begin

EDIT... oh wait I just got a mail about code arriving in next 72 hours... well that's something

EDIT2 ... got my codes finally. Wow that was an ordeal.

Unlucky for me but they said they have no details for me. I definitely done it and got the confirmation screen at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I emailed them today and within an hour got my two codes! I'm delighted cinema night sorted for me and the hubby ☺️

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Unlucky for me but they said they have no details for me. I definitely done it and got the confirmation screen at the end.

odd, I emailed from a mail I didn't use to sign up with and got the tickets.

odd, I emailed from a mail I didn't use to sign up with and got the tickets.

They asked what email did I use. I use my gmail one for 99% of things but they said there's nothing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I emailed them this morning from my work address and quoted my personal address that I used for the competition. They've just now sent the two codes to my personal address email. Happy days!

They must of got pissed off with me and sent me the two codes haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Woo, got my codes by emailing them from my personal domain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭calistro

Contacted them last night from an Eir/webmail address and gave them details, they came back this morning to confirm my postal address and then sent on the 2 codes. Happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Fair play to mrcheez,

Well spotted on the spam filter issue.

I emailed from my work address this morning and had my codes emailed back to me this afternoon.

Sweet as a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I emailed today and got my two codes so thanks to the OP and to those who posted that they emailed for their codes! I tried to use mine online today for tomorrow but unfortunately they didn't work :( I emailed them anyway so hopefully they'll reply in time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭brennarr

Thanks - I got the code yesterday :)

Can the codes be used to book tickets online?

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I emailed today and got my two codes so thanks to the OP and to those who posted that they emailed for their codes! I tried to use mine online today for tomorrow but unfortunately they didn't work :( I emailed them anyway so hopefully they'll reply in time!

Were you trying to book Star Wars or The Hunger Games? Or an iSense/3D version of a movie?

I know they mentioned a few movies/isense would not be eligible

Scroll down to the bottom of www.irishsunpromos.ie to see all the T&Cs
    brennarr wrote: »
    Thanks - I got the code yesterday :)

Can the codes be used to book tickets online?

I think they can ONLY be used online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Emailed and got sorted.

Thanks whoever followed up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Emailed them from my hotmail and got an auto reply, they followed up today and sent the codes.

RE using the codes online, my email says
    "Simply present this email with the above codes at your nearest Odeon cinema which will entitle you and a friend to free entry to a film of your choice*"

So I assume thhey can be presented in person too.
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the films you can see?

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the films you can see?

See this post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Were you trying to book Star Wars or The Hunger Games? Or an iSense/3D version of a movie?

I know they mentioned a few movies/isense would not be eligible

Scroll down to the bottom of www.irishsunpromos.ie to see all the T&Cs

No, I was trying to book for Joy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I just added two tickets to my basket and then the promo code, but it wouldn't work. Then I tried just doing one at a time. They replied to my email and said they would send me new codes so hopefully they'll come before cinema time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

What is the email address I sent it to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement